Warm Hands [Hiroomi x Akihito...

By weebakon

[#1 IN #KYOUKAINOKANATA 8/30/21] [#17 IN #ANIMEFANFIC 5/19/19 :))] [#1 IN #BEYONDTHEBOUNDARY 8/21/21] [#436 I... More

Chapter one: Warm Encounter
Chapter two: Daydreaming
Chapter three: The Walk Home
Chapter four: Get to Know, Then Judge
Chapter five: The Nase House
Chapter six: Soft Cheek
Chapter seven: Troubles and Ice Cream
Chapter eight: Indirect Confession
Chapter nine: A Date and Doubt
Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"
Chapter eleven: Nightmares
Chapter twelve: Titled Words
Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween
Chapter thirteen: Chilled Hands
Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister
Chapter fifthteen: In Between
Chapter sixteen: A Special Place
Chapter seventeen: Patching Things Up
Chapter eighteen: Love Under the Lights [Christmas Special!]
Chapter eighteen.2: Extended
Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss
Chapter twenty: Defend
Chapter twenty-two: Half-Knowing
Chapter twenty-three: Uncertain
Chapter twenty-four: Learning and Growing [V-day special!]
Chapter twenty-five: What the Future Holds
Chapter twenty-six: Not Feeling Well
Chapter twenty-seven: Half-Yumo and Spirit World Warriors
Chapter twenty-eight: School Without Akihito
Chapter twenty-nine: Awake
Chapter thirty: Fear of Being Alone
Chapter thirty-one: Power
Chapter thirty-two: Spiritual Presence
Chapter thirty-three: Cold Appearance
Chapter thirty-four: Unnoticeable Things
Chapter thirty-five: Swimming in Love
Chapter thirty-six: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter thirty-seven: Losing
Chapter thirty-eight: Expanding
Chapter thirty-nine: Rice Omelet
Chapter forty: No Joke
Chapter forty-one: Thoughts
Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction
Chapter forty-three: Accepted
Chapter forty-four: Yumo
Chapter forty-five: Containment
Chapter forty-six: Running Rage
Chapter forty-seven: Safe Haven
Chapter forty-eight: Risks for the One
(Not a Chapter)
Chapter forty-nine: Time To Finish What Was Started
Chapter fifty: Smiliar Demons
Chapter fifty-one; final: Warm Hands

Chapter twenty-one: Akkey to Akkun

553 22 2
By weebakon

Akihito Kanbara

   I walked Hiroomi home, holding most of his body weight for him. I sat him down on the porch steps as I almost collapsed from exhaustion. I stumble up the stairs and my pants became caught onto something. It was Hiroomi's hand, he looked up at me and gulped.

   "Wait," he breathed. His eyes averted and he licked his lips.

   "I don't want them to know." I stared down at him trying to figure out if he was serious or not.

   "Hiroomi, how can they not tell?" I said bluntly while motioning to his injuries. He pressed his lips together and looked down at the step.

   "I just don't want them to worry." He mumbled. I sighed and turned to sit next to him.

   "Well what are we going to do?" I said, slightly agitated from his untouched injuries. He then jerked toward me and grabbed my jacket.

   "Let's head to your place." He smiled. I sighed again, but this time with a slight curl on the corners of my mouth.

   "Fine," I helped him up and we headed toward my house. Thank goodness it's not too far away, I said as I tried to keep Hiroomi on his feet.

    When we finally arrived at my apartment, I sat him down on the couch and went to fetch the first aid kit. I rummaged through my cabinets. Usually my place was organized, but I couldn't remember where I put it. It was nowhere to be seen in its normal spot. Hm, I trudged back to the living room and found it in plain sight on the side table.

   "You could of said something." I said, a little embarrassed. He chuckled and looked up at me with those dark, hazel eyes. I kneed down in front of him and unhooked the first aid kit's latch. I picked through it to see what I would need. I opened a packet and gently cleaned his scraps and cuts on his face. It pained my heart to see him so vulnerable. His faced frowned and his arms were limp. Once I applied the bandaids on his injuries, I moved his hair and kissed the top of his forehead.

   "Thank you Akihito," he whispered and hugged me slowly. I held onto him tight as if I were going to lose him if I let go.

   While hugging, a sudden crashing noise came from my room. We both whirled our heads toward the direction of the sound.

   "Um..." Hiroomi watched me as I got up quietly and grabbed my protection bat from beside the door. I held it up and slowly moved toward my room. Someone's here, my heart quickened and my hands became sweaty.

   "Stay here," I commanded Hiroomi as he moved to get up. He froze and watched me pursue the noise. I moved the door open with my hand and peeked in. When I saw the familiar short hair and ridiculous costume, I almost continued to swing the bat. The person in a puppy costume on my bed turned around and smiled widely.

    "Akkun!!!" She squealed and jumped off the bed and into my arms. My eyes twitched with irritation.

   "How's my little pup doing?" She exclaimed with a nuzzle against my cheek. She laughed and messed with my face.

   "Akkey, who is it?" Hiroomi peeked in and saw her all over me. He stared, uncomfortable all of a sudden. She peered over and cocked her head.

   "Oh? Akkun, whose this?" She said while pawing my nose. I swatted her away and felt my face turn red.

   "S-Stop that, mom! You're embarrassing me!" I covered my face and sighed loudly. She frowned and pouted her lip.

   "But why, my little pup?" She said in a whiny voice. I growled at her and she winced. I sighed and laughed nervously toward Hiroomi.

   "She's...my mother." I say, almost sounding disappointed. She jumped up and ran over to Hiroomi. He flinched back, but didn't run away like I would have liked him to.

   "Mother, this is Hiroomi Nase," I say, trying to decide whether or not to state that he was my boyfriend yet. Hiroomi blinked at her then at me and back at her. He smiled widely and embraced her.

    "It's so nice to finally meet you!" He sparkled. He's good, I thought as I watched my mother accept his hug immediately. She wagged her butt. Oh god no, as I recalled her obsession with "staying in character." She smiled gleefully and put her paws up in front of her like she was begging.

   "My name's Yayoi Kanbara!" She yipped and handed out one of her paws. Hiroomi awkwardly shook it and laughed.

   "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kanbara." His face shone with pure entertainment. She giggled at his politeness.

   "It's nice to meet you, too, Hiroomi!" She looked back at me and smiled childishly.

   "He seems pawesome." She said, sneaking in a pun. I groaned loudly at her attempt and bonked her on the head. She whined and pretended to cry.

   "Why must you be so ruff on your mother!" I groaned again and stomped out of the room.

   "Because you're so embarrassing!!" I grabbed Hiroomi's hand and lead him back into the living room. He pulled me back and smirked.

   "Oh c'mon, Akkey, she seems great! She kind of reminds me of you." I jerked my head back and felt a wind of shivers go through my entire body.

   "Please don't compare me to her." I felt sick. This isn't happening. I couldn't breath.

   "Akkun!!!" She squealed from inside my room. She leaped into the room and gasped.

   "Oh, Hiroomi! I just noticed your face, are you okay?" Her bottom lip poked out and her hands hovered over his face. Hiroomi gave a small smile and put his hands up in surrender.

   "It's okay, Mrs. Kanbara, it's nothing to worry about." She frowned and whined a little. I sighed and turned my mother toward me. My hands clenched her shoulders.

   "He's fine, it's all taken care of." I say trying to calm her motherly instincts. She stared me in the eyes intensely and her face became serious. An eerie presence circled the area around us. It was hard to keep eye contact with her stern look. What is...?

   "Arf you sure?" Silence filled the air as I was pushed closely to the edge. I looked over at Hiroomi with my eyes sharp and slightly squinted. He was trying so hard not to laugh out loud. I wanted to choke them all.

   "What is wrong with you?" My hands flew off her shoulders and I stomped to the kitchen. I needed something to drink. I grabbed a soda and chugged some down. This isn't healthy, I say in my head, referring to the soda and my mother. I overheard Hiroomi let out a booming laugh. My eyes widened and my cheeks turned red. His laugh, it's been awhile since I've heard his loud laugh. His obnoxiously loud and real laugh. I covered my lower half of my face and felt my body weaken.

His laugh is...so, it's so...relieving. I leaned against the counter and just closed my eyes and listened to his laugh. My mother was getting something out of it, too. She kept saying puns over and over which made him laugh even harder. I beamed even more and felt my body getting hot.

   "Aaaaaakkunnnnn—!!!" They both sung. I was too lost in his laugh, I forgot I was still in the kitchen. I blinked several times and took a quick breath to regain my control. I waltz back in with drinks for each of them. Before I could say or do anything, they both jumped on each side of me and laughed in my ear. My mother's laugh was usually annoying to me, but having Hiroomi laugh along, made it very pleasing. Blush spread across my face.

Hiroomi continued to laugh while my mother died down and smirked. She leaned in closer and started to whisper.

   "He told me about you two, I'm so happy for you." She nuzzled my neck and my eyes widened. I turned my head toward Hiroomi.

   "You told her?" I squeaked quietly. Hiroomi leered and nodded.

   "Why wouldn't I tell her?" He had a point. I guess there was no reason to keep it from her. I slightly smiled and hugged them back.

   "I'm so glad to have you two."

A/n: SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED, I HAD NO TIME TO COME UP WITH ANYTHING.
AnYwAy....
Thank you to everyone who has been reading thus far, I love all the comments and support that I've been getting. :)

Next Update: February 11th (Valentine's Special?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.6K 4K 26
*Completed* God I hate myself so much for opening another book while I've still got two to finish but I had this idea stuck the entire last two days...
5.3K 137 5
"Congratulations on your wedding my lord!" Thoma congratulated them trying his best to smile. Ayato and his bride smiled and thank him when he gave t...
261K 6.4K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...