Lightning Strikes Twice ›› Ba...

By SHIELD-Avenger

❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when... More

Extended Summary
Cast
Playlist
Preview
1- Central City Is Chaos Central
2- The Thunder and The Lightning
3- Carrying The Weight of The World
4- Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite
5- Setting Fire to the Sky
6- No Pulling Punches
7- To The End Of Time
8- Dominators (pt. 1)
9- Dominators (pt. 2)
10- Dominators (pt. 3 final)
11- The Wrath of Savitar
12- What The Future Holds
13- Stone Cold Truth
14- Back To The Future
16- Dead Girl Walking
17- Welcome To The Jungle
18- The Killer Gorilla Invasion
19- Savitar Strikes Back
20- Reality Check
21- Trio (special extended pt.)
22- Magic Tricks
23- Origins
24- Bone Chilling
25- The End Of A Chapter
Time After Time (New Flash Story)

15- Trial By Combat

2.1K 56 9
By SHIELD-Avenger

A/N: From the episode: Borrowing Problems for the Future, this just basically picks off from when Wally captures Plunder for the second time. Also based off of the episode: Dead or Alive. Enjoy.

"Okay, Central City Museum, here we come," I grin, putting on my mask. "Suit up, and lets kick Plunder's ass!"

"Ready for this Electrical Strike?" Wally smiles.

"Lets see if you're faster than my teleporting Kid Flash," I challenge.

We show up at the museum, just as Plunder's about to flee.

"Going somewhere?" I ask, crossing my arms. As I appear at the side of the motorcycle.

"Plunder, my man, where do you think you're going?" Wally asks, when he comes to a stop.

"Right through you," Plunder growls.

Wally takes off at him, dodging red bullets. Then he gets hit, and tumbles behind the speeding bike.

"I'll get him," I said, and I teleport. I narrowly miss the criminal, and manage to set him off course. I whip a lightning bolt out, and send Plunder reeling and down another street.

I teleport after him again, just in time to see Wally knock him off.

The bystanders start chanting out, "Kid Flash".

"Ya hear that?" The Flash asks grinning. "They're saying your name."

Wally beams.

I smile. "You're one of us now, Kid. You're a hero."

I punch at empty air. "Dang it."

"Too slow, Strike," Barry grins.

We're training in the temporary deserted Hall of Justice.

"You haven't seen me giving it my all yet," I get glint in my eye. I teleport and appear to the right of him, and snag his legs out from under him.

"Ow. How did you do that?" Barry asks, looking up at me.

"Skills. What do you have?" I smirk.

"Speed."

In a blur, Barry disappears. I caught a glimpse of him coming at me, in a bolt of lightning. I teleport again, and then I ambush him from above. I smash into him, and pin him to the ground.

"Not enough speed, if you can't beat my teleportation."

"You didn't answer my question from before," Barry says, getting off topic.

"Why I kissed on the roof of that building? Because you're you."

"That's not a good enough answer," Barry responds. He sits up so quickly that I don't what to do, but let him kiss me.

He cups his hands to my face, and presses his lips to mine. My heart won't stop pumping, I lean in more, and then I break away from him. I blink a few times, and stare at him for a while. Then I hear a ringing sound.

"Your phone's going off," I get up to my feet, from my crouched position.

"I gotta go. There's been an attempted robbery at CC Jitters," Barry says looking at his screen.

"Go ahead, I'll meet you at STAR Labs... And Barry,  what Julian about you not getting faster and it being impossible, don't listen to him, okay? We're going to save Iris."

"We're going to save you too, Sky," Barry adds. Then he leaves in blink of an eye.

"Yeah," I mutter, once I'm alone. "But my life's not as important."

                                         ***

I'm in the Speed Lab with Caitlin, Cisco and HR. We're running back security camera footage from the Jitter's break-in.

"It should help us ID our new Meta," Cisco finishes, looking at the screen.

"Except that screen seems to be a lot clearer," HR says.

"That's our security camera," Caitlin responds.

"She seems to know you well," I said, as the strange woman that broke in Jitters wraps up her talking.

"HR, who is she?" Caitlin asks.

"Talk. Who is this... intruder," Cisco eyes the woman on the screen.

"That is Gypsy. She is a collector on my earth," HR explains, not looking happy at all.

"Who is she collecting?" Caitlin questions.

"Judging by her saying 'come quietly' and addressing HR, I'd say she's here for him." I move my gaze away from the screen.

"Yep. Oh," HR looks at it, as Gypsy vanishes in a blue portal.

I turn around, and pull on my mask.

"Why are you putting that on?" Cisco asks, like the idea of putting on a mask is pointless.

Gypsy appears from another portal inside. "That's why," I said.

Gypsy shoots HR with a laser gun.

I stare him, shocked, then I spring into action and throw a lightning bolt at her.

To my surprise, Gyspy fires a red vibe-like ball from her hand. The fire hue hits my bolt, and the bolt flickers like it got impacted by a large sound wave.

"Whoa," I murmur; as the bolt vibes out into nothing.

Then Wally runs in, and Gypsy freezes him in place for a few short moments.

"Your harboring a fugitive from justice," Gypsy says. "Our world has a strict law on interdimensional travel. He knew that when he came here." She glances over at the now conscious HR.

"So you tracked him here?" Cisco rubs his arm.

"Honestly, it wasn't hard when he's been publishing HR Well's Adventures in the Multiverse chapter by chapter."

"You know what?" Wally responds. "You can't just take HR by force, you'll have to go through us."

"If I really wanted to 'go through you,' you'd all be dead," Gypsy replies.

"I need to take badass one-liner lessons from her," I comment.

"You've got 24 hours to get your belongings, then you are coming back with me," Gypsy orders HR.

                                         ***

Cisco finishes reading off part of HR's story. "He's been broadcasting this without our permission, and made himself look like the hero," Cisco says, not really surprised.

"Why does it say, 'Electrical Strike begged for the Flash to save them, but HR did instead'? It makes me look like the damsel," I complain, furrowing my eyebrows at a paragraph.

"Every book needs a central protagonist, the audience can invest in," HR protests.

"I would have gone with Barry," said Caitlin.

"Barry?" HR questions.

"I agree with Caitlin. End of discussion," I announce.

"Cisco, what was going on back there?" Caitlin asks. "First Golden Glider, now her?"

"What I can't help who I'm attracted to," Cisco shrugs. "Even if it is the sexy, intense, deadly ones. And also Sky."

I cough loudly, "I'm sorry, what?"

"So, what happens now?" Cisco changes the subject, as he questions HR. "She takes you back to Earth 19, then what?"

"Um, the punishment, on my earth, is death."

"Death?" Barry asks.

HR briskly explains the situation, and then leaves to pack.

                                         ***

Barry, Cisco, HR, and I stand outside to talk with Gypsy.

"I'm impressed, thought you'd try to flee again," she says. "Time to go."

"Gypsy, take me home," HR walks over to her.

"Wait. You're not taking him anywhere," Barry says.

"Why not?"

"Because I challenge you to trial by combat," Cisco responds.

"No he isn't, I'm going to fight you," Barry gives Cisco a what-are-you-doing look.

"Don't be ridiculous," I said. "I'll take on the gladiator match."

"He spoke first," Gypsy glances at Cisco.

"That's a real rule?" Barry raises his eyebrows.

"By the laws of Earth 19, I challenge possession of HR Wells," Cisco announces, like he's planning to go to war.

"You do realize that trial by combat is to the death," Gyspy says.

"Yeah," Cisco responds like its obvious. "For the loser."

"Oh dear God, what is he getting himself into?" I ask.

"Listen, if you want him, you're going to have to claim him," Cisco just keeps on digging his hole deeper.

"You want to take a customary 24 hours to prepare?" Gyspy asks like she means business.

"I would love to take those 24 hours to prepare," Cisco says, like its no big deal.

"See you then," Gyspy exits through a blue portal.

Cisco turns to us, "she's going to kill me isn't she?"

"Just to be clear," I answer. "You want sunflowers at your funeral, right?"

"Okay, what are my chances, scale of one to ten?" Cisco asks.

"She's going to kill you," HR responds.

"Its pretty solid mate," Julian says.

"I asked what flowers you want with your coffin," I remind him.

"But you can beat her. Your powers are the same, whatever she can do, you can do," Barry said. 

"But she's doing this much better," HR objects.

"You can do this, all you need is practice and a little confidence," Barry assures Cisco. And we're all going to help you."

We agree with him.

"You can beat her, I believe you can do it," Barry says, putting a hand on Cisco's shoulder.

"I can set up a training course, but we may need the medical station," Julian offers.

"Why the medical?" Cisco looks uneasy.

"...For when you beat her," Julian replies, but he doesn't seem sure. "She's going to need medical attention."

Caitlin and Julian walk away, like Barry did before. Leaving HR, Cisco and I in the room.

                                         ***

"Oh, right. Facing the wrong way again," Cisco mutters. "How many is that?" He calls over.

"Three," Caitlin calls back.

"Nine," corrects Julian.

"You'll get there," Barry says.

"Use the Force, master Jedi," I tell Cisco.

"Just trust your instincts, that's what I do," Barry says.

"Trust my instincts, okay," then Cisco disappears into a blue portal.

"Where'd he go?" Barry asks.

"I don't know," Julian responds.

"Guys, up here," Cisco calls down from the rafters.

"You need help?" I shout up. "I can teleport up."

"Thank you," Cisco says.

"Why did you go and try to stop Gypsy?" I question Barry. "Now she has HR, and you got handcuffed."

"Our goal was to train me, but I guess you guys had different plans and just subbed in?" Cisco asks exasperated.

"We were just trying tohelp," Barry tries to convince him.

"Oh yeah? What happened to, 'Cisco you can beat her'?"

They bicker back and forth for a few seconds, followed by Cisco walking out.

"I should go talk to him," Caitlin says.

"No, I got it." Barry goes after him.

                                         ***

"Okay, trial by combat, here we go," I look at the screen, as Gypsy and Cisco start fighting.

"Wait, where'd they go?" Caitlin asks, as the pair of them disappear into a portal.

"They could be anywhere by now," Barry says, clearly worried.

"In any universe," Julian looks up from the screen.

"If I get any phone calls from Supergirl about Vibe invading Catco, then I'll know where he's been," I said. Then I clear my throat, "right, not helping."

                                         ***

"Great to know that you made it back in one piece," I hug Cisco.

"Thanks. I tried really hard not to die," he grins.

"So, you and Gypsy are a thing?"

"She is the first person who's not totally evil, who I almost kissed." Cisco smirks. "What about you?"

"Me? Whatcha talkin' about Crisco?"

"You seem a little disoriented."

"Well, my days might be numbered. No big deal. Oh," I look into the hallway and see Wally. "I promised Kid Flash I'd watch him train in the Speed Lab. See ya later."

I jog up to Wally. "Ready?"

"Its just you who's monitoring me?" Wally asks, as we walk down the hall.

"Just me. Why? Is that a problem?"

"Nope," Wally smiles. "Never had you being the only one there, that's all."

"I think Barry'll come around to watch, but I'm cool too, right?"

"Totally. Maybe if I run fast enough I'll be able to teleport," Wally jogs backwards.

I laugh, "not even Barry's fast enough to do that. But you can try."

"One day I'll be faster," Wally boasts. "Faster than Barry."

"One day, maybe. But until then, just run, Wally, run."

Author's Note: Trial by combat, that is a wrap! Now the next one is going to be a little bit deadly. I know that sounds really sinister, but one day things are going to get harsh. At least I gave you a heads up. Kid Flash is going to become faster than the Flash himself? I mean, this was in the comics, but whoa! I wonder when they'll make an episode with the two Wallys... If you read the DC Rebirth storyline, you'll know what I'm talking about. Btu until then, we'll be praying that no one dies. Okay, byeeeeeeee!

~ SHIELD-Avenger

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 645 28
Maya, Iris, and Barry were all friends growing till Tony took a liking to Maya. Maya never knew it but she was falling for the dorky boy whose father...
29.9K 605 48
"Barry Allen alone can save me from my darkest fears." - Cora Agápi 𝟲 months after Barry Allen saved Central City, a new threat has come in the form...
4.6K 214 12
People say death signals the end, but I always find that it sparks a new beginning. I've faced death numerous times and won, but this time seems diff...
1.8K 44 5
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡ To believe what this story is about you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that...