Under the Gray Willow Tree

By angelyntjf

Meet Willow Rayne, the girl who lost her family on that one fateful day. And now, meet Gray Lopez, the guy wi... More

Foreword
Tapas
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 5

8.2K 248 50
By angelyntjf

Gray's POV

I feel so bad for leaving Willow all alone back at home, I really do. But, that's not the worst part. If it was any other day, I wouldn't feel just as bad. But it is the Christmas season right now, and I'll be gone for the New Year as well.

She must be feeling so lonely right now. I mean, who wouldn't? Considering you have no family whatsoever, and your friends have to be with their respective families.

No kidding, I'd be upset if I didn't have a family either. So, let's review the situation, shall we? She's home alone, sitting somewhere in her apartment, with no one to comfort her when she cries and no one to accompany her when she feels lonely.

While I am here, in Paris, sightseeing the 'wonders of Paris' as my parents claim it, laughing and having the time of my life with my sister whom I haven't seen in about four years since she came here to study culinary arts.

I sighed softly every now and then, thinking about Willow, as I walked down the streets of Paris, lit by only the street lights – which was quite bright, note that – all alone. Both of my hands were shoved into my pockets and my hoodie was covering my head. I looked down as I walked through the streets, occasionally cutting through random alleys as a shortcut.

I told my parents that the reason I wanted to go out was to see some of the sights of Paris at night, which isn't a total lie. I know for a fact that my parents don't usually like to go out at night, so it means that I'll be going out alone. And that is exactly what I want. To be... Well... Alone.

But, alone in the unfamiliar streets of a foreign country? Not my idea of 'being alone', but it's better than staying at my sister's apartment with my whole family laughing and having a good time. All except me.

I can't just stay in my make-shift room, because one of my parents would always eventually drag me out into the living room again. So, that attempt just proved to be futile.

I spotted an alley just up ahead. I'm not sure where it would lead but I just took my chances anyway. After all, it is just an alley. I can back out anytime if I get lost or something.

I was already halfway down the dimly lit alley when all of a sudden, I heard voices. My whole body froze for a split second, not daring to move. Hearing voices in alleys are never a good thing. It is proven. Anyway, why would it be?

I tried to walk closer to the direction of the voices, as quietly as I could manage. There was a ninety degree turning up ahead. I have a strong feeling that the owner of those voices was just standing beyond that turning. It's a good thing the walls of the buildings blocked off anyone who is standing just around the corner from seeing me.

As I got closer, the voices got louder, and clearer. I crept up along the wall, pressing my back against the uneven wall, and peeked a little. Just for about five seconds or so. But just enough for me to process what I had seen. And with that, my suspicions were confirmed.

There were three men there, all in about... Late-twenties? Or somewhere in their thirties? I don't know. I'm terrible at estimating. I'm not so sure about their hair colour, but it all seemed very not normal, so I'm guessing that it's all dyed. All of them were huddled together, discussing about something.

"The job is still not done," one of them said, his voice is low and it sounded angry. "The youngest is still alive."

Another started swearing under his breath.

Wait. The first voice sounded remarkably... Familiar... But, how was that even possible? I've never met him before. But then... Why?

I waved the thought away as the same guy who swore under his breath spoke. "I thought they were all dead."

"Apparently not," the third guy commented.

"Quiet!" the first guy exclaimed, sounding like he's the one in-charge. Probably is, but who knows.

"So, who was the youngest girl who got killed in the crash the other day?" the second guy inquired.

"I don't know Thomas, but from what I've gathered, she's the youngest child's best friend since preschool or something."

So, the second guy's name is Thomas?

"Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's go get her!" the third guy exclaimed, all too excitedly.

"Aaron. Our decisions must not be hasty nor rash. At all costs. And she probably knows more than we think. I don't think her father would be that stupid to leave her not knowing anything."

And now, the third guy's name is Aaron? But then, what's the other one's? The guy with the familiar voice, what's his name?

"What if she doesn't?" Thomas asked challengingly.

"We still have to be careful," the first guy said, sounding a little angry.

"Loosen up Desmond."

His name is Desmond huh? Apparently so. But... Wait... I wonder... No, it couldn't be...

Someone scoffed. "I doubt that little Rayne girl wound know anything."

It was as if time stopped for me. It was as if the world stopped for me. Just came to a complete... Standstill... This. Is. Impossible.

Rayne? I'm sure... No. They can't be talking about who I think they're talking about. Could they? I bet that they don't even know who she is. But, the worst part, is that, it all fits together like one huge jigsaw puzzle.

Youngest? Willow is the youngest in her family. Best friend and died? From what I've heard, Willow's best friend did die. And crash? They were all – except her mother who ran away without telling anyone where she was off to. At least, that was what Willow said – taken out in a crash that Willow herself was not in.

They all fit. Why? Why did they all fit?

Rayne. Willow Rayne. The youngest child whose family – and best friend – all either died in a crash, or disappeared without a trace.

And if I'm right, from the information I've gathered here, Willow's family's 'accident' which took their lives, was not actually a total accident. It was all planned. And, if I'm not wrong, they're hunting to kill her as well.

No. But, that's technically impossible. How could all this be true? What in the world did Willow ever do to deserve all this? The three of them – and probably more – are hunting to kill her. The girl I love. Innocent Willow Rayne.

I backed out of the alley as quietly as I came, and started 'speed-walking' along the pavement by the road. The information that I have just found out about was just way too overwhelming for me to handle all at once. But honestly, I just refused to believe it.

I looked down as I walked along the cement pavement, not wanting to look at anyone straight in the eye.

What did Willow ever do to deserve all this? Who are they anyway? Those Desmond, Thomas and Aaron guys. What do they want with her? Are they like, part of an organisation or something? Or, are they just a group of murderers – or rather, sadists – who just kill for the fun of it?

I don't know why, but somewhere deep in my heart, I've already been expecting something like this to happen.

I looked up. From here, I could see my sister's apartment building just in a distance. About a five-minute walk from where I was right now.

What should I do? I have to warn Willow. Somehow. But, how can I tell her without freaking her out?

The answer is pretty obvious: I can't.

The best thing that I could possibly do in this situation is to tell it to her, face-to-face. But I'll also have to tell her as soon as possible. How? On the phone? Sadly, that's not an option.

I walked into the lobby of the apartment and pressed the 'up' button of the lift. I closed my eyes as more and more of the scattered jigsaw pieces started fixing itself correctly into place. Perfectly.

The accident? Her mother's disappearance? Everything. And since the information about Willow being alive was just announced, there is a high chance that they might not 'attack' for a few days. But then again, it is a might. And I also can't be very sure.

The door of the lift opened, and I stepped inside, pressing the number '10'. I tapped my left foot impatiently against the floor as the lift ascended at a slow pace.

The door opened once more and I immediately made a beeline for the front door of my sister's apartment. I pressed the doorbell and waited outside.

"Coming!"

The door swung open. Without bothering to look at whoever opened the door for me to enter the apartment.

"Gray! You're back!" my mother exclaimed enthusiastically.

I smiled and gave her the 'silent treatment'. If I'm not back, then where was I? In space?

I walked into the guest room – my makeshift room in this house – and closed the door quietly behind me.

I sighed loudly. I know what i have to do, or more accurately, what I must do. I pulled out my phone from the back pocket of my jeans. I'm not going to regret this. Or more like it, I can't, even if I wanted to, because this is the right thing to do. It's all for the best.

I press the number '2' on my keypad, and waited patiently as it speed-dialled the person I wanted to contact.

__________________

So, did you like it? I don't mind if you don't. Just tell me! I'm all ears for harsh critiques... Anyway, please

VOTE!!!
COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!

:DDDDD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 1.7K 51
Cover by: @Caitlyn-Blayne "After the great war, King Archeron, who was not yet a king, was the obvious choice to be the monarch of Avenlea. He poss...
1.8K 125 18
~Completed~Michelle has practically been raising her younger brother Finn since she was a teenager. Never really getting to be her own person and do...
4K 908 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
Tandem By Lauren

Mystery / Thriller

711 16 33
October 2070. Raechel Harchey enters The Gauze, ready to undergo a surgical transfer to replace the traumatic memory of her family's fatal car accide...