It's Been Killing Me ➢ Camren

By ssweet-prejudicee

❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that sh... More

I: Nice to see you, again?
II: Look, I'm trying.
III: Damn, Dorito Boy!
IV: Sarah Smiles
V: Meh, could be better.
VI: I'm here for you Camz.
VII: Well, this is quite the predicament.
VIII: A Loving Mother, Wife and Friend.
IX: Sisterly Love
X: Scars are reminders of how strong you are.
XI: Alcohol is your friend this time.
XII: A change I could get used to.
XIII: Date at The 1975 concert
XIV: Make me forget.
XV: The Big Reveal
XVI: They stand side by side.
XVIII: A much needed vacation.
XIX: Tears and Forgiveness
XX: The Underground Bar
XXI: An Unexpected Deal
XXII: Discussions and Arguments
XXIII: A Hard Decision
XXIV: Compromising and Moving In
XXV: We still got time.
Epilogue
Linked Hearts - New Book!

XVII: Caught Red-Handed

4.1K 106 17
By ssweet-prejudicee

"Hey, let's go clean up your wounds." I smiled comfortingly at the heavily wounded girl. Lauren nodded quietly and stood up from the bed. She took of her jacket, laying it down on the bed and turned to me with her eye brows furrowed as she frowned. Sighing, I embraced her tightly once again. Her arms stay on her sides for a few seconds before she threw her arms around me, her hands held my shirt and she forms a fist. I felt her bury her face in between my neck making me sigh.

Soon, Lauren lifts her head up and removed her arms around me. I felt disappointed at the lost of contact but I shook it off and took her hand in mine, tugging her along to the couch. I made her sit on the couch quietly while I get the first aid kit. As I was carrying the tub of water to the living room, I felt my heart drop at the sight of Lauren. She had her hands on her head, looking down at the ground, green eyes not as lively as it used to be.

I put the tub of water down on the coffee table and kneeled on the carpeted floor causing Lauren to lift her head up. Her lips trembled slightly and her green eyes watering made my heart clench. When I got her attention, I turned her head so that Lauren faced me but her eyes didn't meet mine because she kept looking at the ground. Quietly, I grab a clean cloth and and dipped it in the water before pressing it lightly on the cuts on her face.

The photographer flinched a bit when I pressed it on her cheeks. After I was done cleaning her wounds, I put her chin in between my thumb and index finger and leaned so that I could place small kisses around her face that isn't wounded. "Good thing that the cuts aren't too deep." I mumbled, placing one hand on her cheek.

Lauren lifted her hand and grabbed mine that was on her cheeks, taking me by surprise. I watched Lauren's movements with hurt and confusion as she pressed my hand on her cheeks more. Her usually warm hands were now cold and trembling. It hurts me seeing her this heartbroken. "I knocked her out Camz. How could I... The pole had blood on it. S-She had a knife and I-I was just trying to defend myself. Camz, I'm so scared. I'm going to get in trouble for this aren't I?" Lauren whimpered helplessly.

My eyes moistened at the sight of my terrified girlfriend. Wanting to comfort her, I grabbed her hand that were once around mine with my free hand and leaned my forehead on hers. I closed my eyes, whispering "Lauren, you did nothing wrong. She had a knife and you were scared. You were only defending yourself. Ariana is the one at fault, she's going to get what she deserves for killing your mother and I'll be with you along the way. Please remember that and stop hiding this things from me. I care about you and it hurts that you didn't trust me enough to tell this."

"No Camz, I trust you with all my heart. I was just... I just didn't want you to get involved. You'll get in trouble too if they found out and I don't want that. I did it because you mean so much to me." Lauren admitted, running her hand over her hair, frustrated. "I'm your girlfriend, Lo. Of course I'm already involved because I chose to be with you and I love you. Whether you like it or not, you're not going to carry your burden all alone because I'm here for you."

"Thanks Camz." Lauren chuckled heartily making me grin in return before I finished up cleaning all of her wounds. "You know you could've told me. I would have beaten Ariana's ass." I joked, kind of. Lauren snorted adorably when she heard me threaten Ariana. "You're going to kick her ass? She did quite the number on me so I don't think you'd be able to kick her ass so easily."

The raven-haired woman smirked at me and crossed her arms. Pouting, I straightened up. "Hey! I am more than capable of beating somebody's ass. I'm going to beat your ass right now if you don't stop teasing me." I threatened and glared playfully at the girl. She just wiggled her perfectly sculptured eyebrows suggestively making me roll my eyes, already knowing her response.

"I'd like that, Mami." She husked out seductively, grazing her thumb against my cheek, smirking smugly as she did so. My cheeks heated up and I looked away as I slap her shoulder harshly making her wince at the contact. "Ouch! Hehe..." Lauren laughed while rubbing her shoulders.

"That's what you get for teasing me." I pouted. I giggled under my breath and puckered my lips towards her direction, waiting for her kiss. Rolling her eyes, Lauren complied and leaned closer to connect our lips in a passionate kiss. Lauren had her hand on her cheeks and soon moved them to my neck, tugging me closer to deepen the kiss.

Her tongue darted out against my lips and my breath hitched. I grinned as I bite her lower lip gently before pulling away with a resounding pop. I smiled and pecked her lips once again, taking her hand in my mine again and made her stand up. "Thank you so much baby." Lauren said, giving my temple a sweet kiss. I turn to her and gave her a bright grin in return. "Any time babe."

We both plopped down on the bed tiredly. Lauren and I were spooning. Her arms were wrapped around my waist with my back flushed against her front, leaving no space between us. Our legs were tangled together and Lauren's chin was on my head. Tiredly smiling, I intertwined my fingers with a hand wrapped around me.

"I'm tired." Lauren sighed and squeezed my hand gently. I nodded understandingly and told her, "Then sleep, princess. You need it." Lauren hummed softly in response. It didn't take too long for her breath to become even, indicating that she has fallen asleep.

_

I opened my eyes slowly, still feeling a bit sleepy. When my eyes was fully opened, I was met with the sight of the gorgeous sleeping face of my girlfriend. I smiled and brushed the strands of hair that fell on her face. I heard Lauren grumbled quietly then nuzzled her head further into the pillow. I giggle to myself, turning around so that I could sit up from the bed.

And when I was just about to get up and get ready, I felt a hand pull me back down on the bed. I squealed and looked to see a smirking Lauren looking at me. "Where do you think you're going?" She huskily asked making me blush deep red at how attractive that sounded. Her voice was deep and still raspy from sleep. Still blushing I responded, "I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" Lauren shook her head and closed her eyes again, "I've been awake for some time now."

"Mhmm... Well I was just about to go the bathroom. Can you let go of me please?" I asked, doing my best puppy dog eyes and pouted my lips. Usually she would have given up by now but instead Lauren shook her head again stubbornly and tugged me closer so that my head laid on her chest. "No. You're going to stay here with me until I say that you can get up." Sighing, I pouted once again but complied to her wishes.

We stayed like this for a few minutes before Lauren started complaining. "Ugh... Literally everything hurts right now." Lauren groaned out and rubbed her bruised side. She grimaced then turned to me, "I think I would need your help treating this bruises Camz." I nodded and smiled sympathetically, rubbing her back comfortingly.

I got an idea and instantly sat up. Lauren watched me with confusion as I made her lay on her stomach and straddled her back. I put my knees on either side of her waist and supported my weight so that I wouldn't put pressure on her bruises. I put my hand on her aching shoulders and rubbed it, massaging them gently. My girlfriend happily sighed, moaning when I hit the right spot occasionally. "This feels good baby." She groaned out as I kept rubbing her aching back. I smiled and giggled.

I did this for a few minutes before I heard a loud knock on our door, making me stop my movements hesitantly. Lauren visibly tensed when the obnoxiously loud knock wouldn't stop. I got off her back, gazing into her eyes with a worried look. The raven-haired woman sat up instantly, taking me in her embrace. "I'm going to take care of this Camz." She mumbled into my neck and I nodded quietly in response, not knowing what to do or say in this predicament.

The continuous knocking ceased. 

"Be careful." I said to her before giving her a chaste kiss on the lips.

Lauren smiled sympathetically and stood up, heading towards the door. Lauren opened the door and there was two cops waiting for her outside dressed in their police uniform. I looked over to Lauren, watching her reaction. She audibly gulped at the  intimidating sight of the two cops. "Lauren Jauregui, we are arresting you for assault and battery." The un-named cop said.

There were people standing outside their own doors, watching us as the the cop kept talking. People were whispering to each other, wondering what probably happened. They must be surprised since Lauren is quite known for being unproblematic but she is quite daring.

Lauren sighed tiredly, "Wait a minute officer." She tried smiling politely then put a hand on my head, ruffling my hair slightly. "Wait for me Camz. I wont take too long." Grinning like she used to, she embraced me tightly once again. "Everything is going to be fine." She mumbled into my hair. Hearing that from her eased my worry for her a bit but I was still concerned. I nodded timidly and stepped away from her hold.

His partner moved to handcuff Lauren but she just stepped away saying, "I wont run away." Lauren raised her hand defensively. The two cops exchanged looks before saying, "This way, Miss Jauregui." They dragged Lauren away but before she was out of my sight, she looked back and sent me a reassuring smile.

_

The car ride to the police station was quiet, only making my nervousness worse. I kept tapping my foot on the ground while waiting to arrive at the station. The cops initiated small talk with each other while I kept quiet in the back, admiring the scenery from outside the car. I can't wait to see what Ariana looks like, probably looking horrible because of the damage I did on her. How dare she make it look like I'm the one who's supposed to be arrested when she was the one who pointed a knife at me and murdered somebody. Fucking prick, I can already imagine what her reaction would be once she finds out that I recorded our conversation.

The car ride wasn't too long and I already found myself quietly following the two officers. We both turned to a corner and I saw a glimpse of Ariana with her head wrapped in bandage. Ariana turned and our eyes met. She glared at me while I just snickered mockingly. She quickly stood up from her chair causing the chair to fall on the ground. "She's the one who fucking did this to me!" Ariana pointed towards me. I just stared blankly at her while I played with the recorder in my pocket.

"Calm down Miss Grande. We're going to make sure she's not going to get away with this." Her lawyer said to her in order for her to calm down. Ariana just scoffed, picking up her chair and sitting back down. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the opposite side.

Ariana and I ignored each other as we waited. Then moments later, a guy with gray hair and gray beard went inside the room, sending a small smile towards me, which was hard to notice under his thick beard. I stared at him, confused. My eyes followed his movements as he stand beside me. "I'm here to speak on behalf of Miss Jauregui." He said with his deep voice. I taken by surprise. His voice seems oddly familiar to me.

"I am Detective Clark Willis." He held out his hands towards Ariana's lawyer. "John Hudson." The other guy smiled politely and shook his hands.

Clark Willis...

"I'm sorry, Lauren. We couldn't find any evidence on who might have done the crime." Clark solemnly said causing me to stand up from the couch. "What?! That's not possible. Clearly, you guys haven't been doing your job right." I greeted out, balling up my fist. "Calm down Lauren. Your dad wouldn't be happy to see you acting like this."

I glared at him when he mentioned my dad. "Why would he care? He barely helped on the case. I doubt he'd even care about his own daughter." Clark smiled sympathetically and laid a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "Don't say that. Your dad just can't accept it at this moment. Give him some times, he really cares about you and your siblings. Even so, I apologize on his behalf for neglecting you."

I sighed, nodding and rubbed my temples.

He was the detective in charge of my mother's case! He's also a friend of my dad but apparently they lost contact with each other. I crossed my arms, leaning my back against the metal chair. "So first things first, Miss Grande filed a lawsuit for battery and assault am I correct?" Clark quizzed, crossing his arm with a nonchalant expression on his face. Ariana nodded hesitantly. "Is there some type of conflict between you two?"

"She's somebody who did me wrong." I smirked at the brunette who glared at me to shut up. Ariana doesn't know that I recorded the conversation. "What is the relationship between you two?"

"She's the former best friend of my current girlfriend." I answered, tapping my foot on the ground impatiently. God, I can't wait for this thing to be over. "So I'm guessing that the conflict has something to do about her?" He continued and I nodded while Ariana just remained silent. "So there is an unresolved conflict between you two since then?" I thought about if for a moment before answering, "I suppose so."

"Anyways, we have video evidence that Miss Jauregui only defended herself against Miss Grande." The detective picked up a remote and showed us the video evidence of Ariana pulling out a knife towards me. "It looked like Miss Jauregui was panicking and the first thing that came to her mind was to defend herself." The video continued showing me as I pick up a metal pole and knocking her out with it. "When you're mind is in a state of panic, you tend to stop all rational thoughts and just go with it."

"Miss Jauregui's first instinct was to pick up a metal pole and hit her with it so that she wont get hurt." Clark turned to me questioningly and I nodded my head in confirmation. "From what I'm getting, this counts as an act of self-defense." I see Ariana gritting her teeth angrily, standing up defensively. "Self-defense my ass! She did this to me!" The brunette pointed towards her bruised body, making me feel an odd sense of triumph.

"C-Calm down Miss Grande. There's video evidence of the conflict, resisting will only make things worse!" Her lawyer reasoned, trying to calm her down. The brunette just shrugged of his hand and sat back down. "I paid for you and if you can't do your job right, why did I even bother?" She gritted out, frustrated. "I'm doing my best Miss Grande. I can ensure you that you're going to be fine." John stuttered.

I laughed quietly behind my hand and Clark instantly shot me a look making me straighten up immediately. I stood up from my seat and leaned over to Clark, whispering something "In case this doesn't get her ass in jail, I've got something ready." Clark questioningly stared at me before nodding hesitantly. I smirked, tossing a voice recorder on the table.

"What is this supposed to be Jauregui?" Ariana asked, eyeing the object. I rolled my eyes at her obliviousness, "What do you think it is? It's a voice recorder." Ariana's brown eyes hardened hearing the information. I mockingly smiled at her before sitting back down and lifting my head to look up to Clark, asking him "You were in charge of investigating my mother's case right?" Clark answered, "Uh... Yes."

Licking my lips triumphantly, I continued "And there was not enough evidence to find out who killed her. But what if the killer got rid of all the evidence first and then left to live far away? The murderer sounds like some coward, am I right Ariana? Anyway, I just found out who was responsible for the murder."

"And I'm going to make sure the murderer gets what she deserves." I made sure to emphasize the word 'she' to scare Ariana. The room was eerily quiet except for the labored breathing of Ariana. I observed the two person in front of me carefully. Her lawyer and Clark glared at each other.

Clark sent me a look, quietly asking me if I'm sure and I just gave him a reassuring smile.

I silently pushed the play button on the recorder and quiet room was soon filled with the voice of Ariana and I.

"What if I did kill your mother? What can you do, it already happened! I killed her! You don't have any proof to be able to get me in jail. It's been three years already since and you're still trying to find out who killed your mother. Guess what? She's been close to you the whole entire time but you don't have any evidence to show because the police already gave up on the case!"  

"You killed an innocent woman who did nothing to you!"  I will myself to stop the tears, not wanting my eyes to water in front of these people. Ariana had a horrified expression on her face as we listened to the conversation.

"I did it so you can suffer as much pain as I did!"  Biting my lip, I swallow the lump forming in my throat.

"This is outrageous!" The model shot up from her chair, making the chair skid against the tiled floor and fall on the ground loudly, the impact reverberated around the small interrogation room. "You set this up didn't you? That was almost three fucking years ago! Let it go. Do you want me to apologize or something?!" The brunette angrily shouted, slamming her palm against the metal table. Hearing her say those words, made me snap instantly.

"Let it go?! You think I'm just going to leave what you did to my mother unjustified?! And saying sorry wont bring my mother back you prick!" I shot up from my seat, my voice cracking slightly at the end. My breathing became heavy and unsteady. "She was the only one who made me stay sane before Camila came in my life and you took her away from me because of your selfishness! I can't believe someone as wicked as you exist." I was openly crying by now. Ariana's eye widened at my sudden outburst and I swear I saw a flash of regret in her eyes but I only shook it off.

Wiping away my tears angrily, I asked Clark "We're fucking done now right? I can't stand staying in the same space as her. If so, I'd leave it all to you 'cause I want to leave right now." My voice was vulnerable and a bit hoarse from all the shouting. Clark understood, giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Leave it all to me." He whispered. I smiled thankfully before rushing outside of the room and slammed the door closed, catching the attention of a few cops outside the room.

I asked a random person where the restroom is and ran towards the direction. I slammed the bathroom door open and rushed inside a stall, crouching down on the ground just as my stomach contracted and bile rushed from my throat, effectively landing in the toilet. Another violent contraction came and the content of my stomach came out of my mouth. My throat felt sore from all the acidic vomit and my mouth had a slight taste of bile. My eyes were watering as my chest heaved.

Still heaving, I wiped my mouth with my sleeve, leaving the residue to form a small stain on my shirt.

Groaning tiredly, I rested my back against the stall and made sure that I didn't touch the dirty restroom floor. I banged my head against the stall, the sound echoing around the small bathroom. "Water." I muttered to myself.

_

"Mani, it's been fourteen hours and she's still hasn't come back yet." I groaned, frustrated at myself. I buried my face on my pillow, screaming into it, my voice coming out to be muffled. Normani stayed silent at where she sat. Ally smiled sadly at me, which I couldn't see, but I felt the bed dip down a bit, a small hand coming down to rub my back in consolation. "Don't stress over it too much Mila. Maybe she's just finish things up... Ugh... Making sure things end perfectly."

Breathing out deeply in frustration once again, I turned to lay on my back. "Yeah you're probably right." I breathed out, observing the girls. Dinah was just on her phone, typing away when her eyes widened in surprise, peaking my curiosity. I scrambled from the bed and leaned down so that I could see what showed on Dinah's phone. The other two girls also looked to see what has gotten our attention.

"20 year old rising model, Ariana Grande, arrested for the murder of the mother of a college student." Dinah read out loud, making Ally and Normani snap their heads up in surprise. My breath hitched, even though that was expected, I was still surprised. 

"It had been almost three years since the investigation of Clara Jauregui's death. It was said to be that the daughter didn't lose hope on finding who was responsible for her mother's death. Leaving the murder unjustified wasn't an option for her. The 20 year old college student, Lauren Jauregui, is truly a person to look up to." Normani continued to read out loud, her brown eyes scanning the news article.

The sound of knocking on the door made me jump. Standing up, I moved to open the door. I turned the knob and yanked it open to see a tired looking Lauren who still had a small smile plastered on her face. I gasped in surprise, but my face instantly lit up at the sight of her. "Oh my gosh, I was so worried Lauren!" I instantly engulfed her in a tight embrace making Lauren giggle adorably.

"Tell me how worried you were baby." Lauren jokingly urged, beginning to wrap her arms around me too. "So worried that I thought of  storming inside the police station and ask for you." I murmured into her shoulder and nuzzled my nose on her shoulder. "Well I'm glad you didn't or else you would have seen how pathetic I looked by then."

"Hmm... I actually thought it was quite heroic of you to do that." I admitted huskily, smirking at the flustered girl. My girlfriend covered her blushing cheeks with her hand and answered, "It wasn't much really." She uttered behind her hand modestly. 

I just giggled, already used to her modesty. 

I held her hand and pulled her inside. I pushed her against the closed door, stepping on my tiptoes and held her face in my hands. Her green eyes met mine, both of our eyes swirling with many different emotions. Lauren bit her lip, her hands falling to my waist to tug me closer, our body flushed against each other leaving now space between us. I felt her hands give my waist a gentle squeeze and I leaned forward, connecting our lips in a passionate kiss.

Lauren closed her eyes blissfully, moving her head to side in order to deepen the kiss. Our lips move in sync against each other, fitting perfectly like a puzzle piece. Her hands roamed my back while mine stayed on her cheeks, caressing her cheekbones. The kiss was sweet, almost innocent, it was like our way of communicating, telling each other how much we meant to each other.

Before it could get any more heated, Dinah's booming voice echoed around the room, "Ralph! I'm a bit disappointed that I wouldn't be able to see your mug shot but good job!" The Polynesian appeared with a smirk on her face, the other two girls followed with proud smiles on their faces while Lauren and I groaned simultaneously, annoyed by their interruption.

"That would have been the hottest mug shot ever though." I joked causing Lauren to groan and bury her face in my shoulder. I laughed at her reaction, rubbing her back affectionately. Lauren soon lifted her head up and pouted, her bottom lip jutting out. 

"It's almost 10 guys, Lauren needs to rest." Normani winked at the two of us before she dragged Ally and Dinah out of the room. We could hear Dinah's faint objections outside the door, leaving the two of us alone in our room.

"Mhmm... Now that's out of the way." Lauren smirked at me, her hands trailing further down to my backside but I slapped her hand away before she could go any further. "No, we need to treat the bruises on your body first. We shouldn't leave them untreated any longer." I reprimanded, pushing her down on the bed for her to sit down. The photographer quietly complied. I smiled in amusement and went to get an ice pack.

The raven-haired girl removed her jacket and shirt, leaving her in only her bra. Her bruised back was exposed to me. I pressed them against the bruises on her back for a few minutes and then got some ointment rub. I wrap some disposable heating pads on her bruises to ease the pain a bit. "I was so worried." I whispered, resting my forehead against her back. I could hear Lauren chuckle quietly, making me smile.

"Does your bruises still hurt?" I asked in concern. Lauren nodded, "Not too much." 

"You deserve a break after all of this." I told her, beginning to wrap my arms around her waist with her back facing my front. "Let's do just that." Her voice faded a the end, her head fell on my shoulder. Did she fall asleep? I shook my head in amusement and then adjusted her body on the bed so she could sleep comfortably.

Her breathing was even and she looked so peacefully asleep.

I soon moved to lay down too and wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her chest. I felt her arms snake around my waist, hugging me in return. My heart fluttered at the small gesture and I smiled in contentment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 114 11
Lauren Jauregui, 26yrs of age, now a successful singer, one of the best in the music industry. She had a best friend slash girlfriend and she loved h...
342K 11.7K 41
Lauren Jauregui, she is a member from Fifth Harmony and she is 20 years old. She haven't dated anyone in a while, she was focused on her career and f...
63.1K 1.5K 4
Camila and Lauren love each other but don't know how to deal with it (mostly Lauren though). Best friends to lovers AU ...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...