Qrow.

By NonaHysteria

In the peaceful realm of Vanaheim, Qrow Manor houses their criminally insane. Though it is a place to avoid... More

Chapter 1 | The Calm
Chapter 2 | The Storm
Chapter 3 | Deal with the Devil
Chapter 4 | The Rounds
Chapter 5 | Echoes
Chapter 6 | Everything Has a Price
Chapter 7 | Dinner
Chapter 8 | Room Search
Chapter 9 | Chess
Chapter 10 | Kleptomaniac
Chapter 11 | Mind and Body
Chapter 12 | The Sinner
Chapter 13 | Special Guests
Chapter 14 | Lock Down
Chapter 15 | Reunited
Chapter 16 | Enchantment
Chapter 17 | What is Breakable
Chapter 18 | Claws
Chapter 19 | Setting the Stage
Chapter 21 | Scripture
Chapter 22 | Hunters and Hunted
Chapter 23 | Family Secrets
Chapter 24 | Lustful Manipulation
Chapter 25 | Toys
Chapter 26 | Breakfast
Chapter 27 | Connecting the Dots
Chapter 28 | Playing Pretend
Chapter 29 | Guard Dogs
Chapter 30 | Contracts
Chapter 31 | Sleepless
Chapter 32 | Clearing Up the Past
Chapter 33 | Placing Blame
Chapter 34 | Dozing Green
Chapter 35 | Deadly Women
Chapter 36 | Acid and Blood
Chapter 37 | Another Loss
Chapter 38 | God of Mischief
Chapter 39 | Runt
Chapter 40 | Beyond the Light
Chapter 41 | The Meeting
Chapter 42 | Fueling the Players
Chapter 43 | Incubus
Chapter 44 | Choppy Water
Chapter 45 | Bishops
Chapter 46 | The Cold Lord
Chapter 47 | Clearing the Board
Chapter 48 | The Spider and the Clown
Chapter 49 | Agony
Chapter 50 | Waking Up
Chapter 51 | Passion's Veil
Chapter 52 | Returning to Routines
Chapter 53 | Thunder Storm
Chapter 54 | Shifting
Chapter 55 | Backstory
Chapter 56 | Tuatara
Chapter 57 | The Vault
Chapter 58 | Feast of Misery
Chapter 59 | An Important Day
Chapter 60 | A Prince and His Protector
Chapter 61 | Blindfolds
Chapter 62 | Family Matters
Chapter 63 | Bathe
Chapter 64 | Spitefulness
Chapter 65 | Leland
Chapter 66 | Complications
Chapter 67 | Official
Chapter 68 | Willow Tree
Chapter 69 | Birds of Prey
Chapter 70 | New Bodies
Chapter 71 | Suicide Forest
Chapter 72 | Ballroom
Chapter 73 | Dahlia
Chapter 74 | The Cursed
Chapter 75 | Lavender
Chapter 76 | Eight Eyes
Chapter 77 | On Ice
Chapter 78 | Blood
Chapter 79 | Harder Than Dying
Chapter 80 | Architect
Chapter 81 | Distrust
Chapter 82 | Cravings
Chapter 83 | Seclusion
Chapter 84 | Atoms to Ashes
Chapter 85 | Speaking of the Future

Chapter 20 | Two Sides to Every Coin

347 29 5
By NonaHysteria

Shae gritted his teeth as he unlocked the gate. He was pretty peeved that protecting those elves had pushed off his shift until later in the day. Keeping his patients on such an air tight schedule was what kept most of them from getting too out of line. Criminals need discipline. That was a lesson he'd learned the hard way, many times. 

"They'll be restless." He informed Ryan, "Good training for you, I suppose. At least we don't have to deal with Ripper today. Dr. Angel will be tending to his treatment as a result of his outburst." 

"At least I won't get choked, but I still will be getting sexually harassed." Ryan replied with crossed arms.

"They could do much worse than want to fuck you." Shae pointed out.

"Hm, that's true. I'm shocked I don't hear Croc fucking Kuza's brains out. It's all I heard when we lived together." He grumbled.

Shae swiped his card through the keypad of the first door. "How exactly does that work? He's so much smaller than Kuza."

"You're asking me that question? You might be a foot smaller than Croc, but Yuki is a Hell of a lot smaller than Mike." He replied.

The demon dug his nails into his palms. "We very rarely engage in sexual acts, but it's none of your business what goes on in our bedroom."

"Huh? You just- never mind." He sighed as he leaned on the wall beside the doorway.

"What's got you do glum, RyRy?" Dusk inquired, tip toeing across a vine she'd stretched across the room. 

His arms remained crossed as he replied, "Please stop calling me that."

"What would you prefer I call you?" She asked. 

"My name." He deadpanned.

Dusk hopped back to the ground, staying on her tip toes. She reached her hands over her head in a stretch and a desperate attempt to draw his attention. "That is your name!"

"It's a variation of my name that only my friends can call me." 

Her spirits fell quickly, "I thought we were friends."

For some reason unknown to him, he felt bad for upsetting her. He wasn't scared of her or anything like that. She was locked up after all, with her powers being muted. No, it wasn't fear, but perhaps empathy. 

"Hm, I meant to say only my close friends can call me that. We haven't known each other long enough for that, but friends, I guess so." He wasn't the type that smiled much. When he did, it was only a little smirk. The tiny grin he offered her did still make her happy.

"Good. I don't have a lot of friends." She pouted.

"That tends to happen when you burn down an entire village." Shae numbly replied.

Dusk glared at him, "You know that wasn't me."

"Of course it wasn't." He muttered, "We're a little behind schedule today. I'd appreciate it if you took your meds without any fuss." 

She swayed her hips as she walked back to her bed. Dusk collapsed into the sheets, keeping her back turned to them. Yesterday she'd forced so much energy on being seductive. Today, she was acting like a bratty child. Shae had warned Ryan that she turned personalities over like a leaf but he wasn't expecting it to be like this.

"Why should I be nice to you? Why should I help you? No one's ever nice to me. No one ever helps me." She murmured.

Ryan began to step forward but the demon put an arm in front of him. Shae narrowed his eyes, telling his trainee to step down from this fight. He knew to maintain respect towards authority. Once he got some ground of his own in this place, he'd make efforts to change their ways. Micah understood you catch more bees with honey. He was a vampire, though. Ryan should know better than to think a demon could ever muster the same thoughts.

He was barbaric and impatient. As much as he'd like to say he's not like his kind, they're all the same deep down. Even someone as domestic as Croc, he still can't help the anger innate in his genetics. Shae wasn't in the mood to argue with Dusk today. He approached her bed and rolled her over on her back. She tried to bat him away to no avail. Shae held her down by her neck and forced her medication down her throat.

It alarmed Ryan to watch whenever he did this to patients. When he saw Micah do it to Knox, he thought it hurt so much to watch because that was his nephew. Seeing it happen to Dusk, even more violently at that, put a pain in his chest. There was something to her that felt familiar for him. That feeling, whatever it may be, was eating at his conscious. He turned his head away from the horrid sight of the witch choking on the demon's fingers.

Finally, the pills were down her throat. She coughed and grasped her neck once he released his grip. "I hate you!" She screamed at him, "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Dusk picked up the vase beside her bed and tossed it at him as he walked away.

In a sharp turn, Shae spun around and caught it. He saw the already dead willows on the ground. Setting the vase back in it's place, he said, "This better be cleaned up by dinner, or you'll be punished for your attitude as of late. Understood?"

Dusk hung her head, muttering, "Yes, Sir."

He turned his back to her once more, this time not receiving any potential attacks. Dusk glanced back up at Ryan pitifully. He knew better than to fall for her games. Yet, he couldn't help himself from wanting so badly to comfort her. All he could do for the time being was offer her a smile. That seemed to help enough.

Colton stopped the pair in the hall. He handed Shae a piece of paper, telling him, "Tend to this as soon as possible, please."

"Why is Yuki on here?" He asked, his concern for his husband overriding his respect for his boss.

"You should be asking yourself that question more than me. He's your responsibility, after all. My brother and I both agree with Beau's decision." He replied.

"I'll treat the other two when I'm done with my rounds, but can't I wait on Yuki until after dinner? I promise, I'll get him to eat tonight." 

The doctor reluctantly agreed, "Fine. You and I both know it takes awhile though, so start imediately. Have the new aid finish your rounds. That's what he's here for, after all."

"Do you think you can handle Asher on your own?" Shae asked. 

"I've fought in wars before, and I lived with Ghost through eight pregnancies. There's nothing I can't handle." He replied, "But I would like it if you told me where you were going."

"There are a few patients here that battle anorexia, or just straight up don't eat to piss me off. When they get too bad we have to force feed them. It's an ugly process and it takes about two hours a patient. So, it's best I get going. Doctor, if you could, unlock the last two rooms for him."

"Yes, of course." Colton responded.

They split off in their separate directions. Being that Ryan would be going straight into Asher's room and Croc could be trusted to have his door open for a small period of time, Colton opened both at once. He left once that was over with to attend to other pressing matters. Ryan collected what he needed off of the cart and headed into Asher's room. His medical skills were rusty but that wasn't what he was concerned for.

"Well," Asher rolled his tone, "Hello, Handsome." He sat up on his floor, batting his eyelashes, "All alone today?"

For the sake of not getting gutted by a serial killer, he decided to play it charmingly. "Yes, I am. Shae had other things to do. I'm filling in. I hope that's okay." 

The small demon rose to his feet. He beamed a smile, "More than okay." Asher approached Ryan carefully. The aid didn't bother flinching away when his patient undid the top few buttons of his dress shirt, "There. That's much better, don't you think?"

He snickered, "I normally wear it that way but I figured, first few days on the job, I should look more professional. There's typically some blood stains on my skirt as well, but again, that may interfere with the job."

"You're worried the smell of blood will make us lose our minds?" He inquired.

Ryan took his arm, wiping off an area of the skin with a clean alcohol pad. "Not all of the patients. You, in particular, yes. I saw on your file that you're not allowed meat, or any animal products for that matter."

"Yes, that's right." He didn't even flinch when the needle was pressed into his skin. "I'm not a fan of the vegan diet. My doctor is afraid I'll turn into a monster if I'm allowed blood or meat. Yet, he puts such a fine cut like you right in front of me. I believe he plans to torture me."

"Who's your doctor?" Ryan asked, watching the syringe as he pushed the medication through.

"Angel. He's almost everyone's doctor here. Colton is assigned the more complicated cases, the ones that are hard to break. And Finch, they give him the ones that are already broken." Asher closed his eyes blissfully and released a pleased breath when the needle was removed.

"You seem to know a lot about this place." He commented.

"I haven't been here too terribly long. Only about two years. I'd like to consider myself perceptive, though. I can observe smaller details." Asher leaned closer and drew in a breath along Ryan's neck, "Your cologne, it smells different."

"I'm wearing the same one as yesterday." He replied.

The demon traced his fingertips up Ryan's Adam's apple. "I know you are. It smells different, though, because it's mixed with someone else's cologne."

He scoffed humorously, "Are you jealous I slept with someone else?"

"No, because you didn't sleep with him. Otherwise, you would've showered this morning. At the very least, you would've smelled like cum." Asher placed his hands on both sides of his head, trapping him against the wall. "I take it your romance last night didn't allow you to go all the way. I can finish what he didn't, if you'd like."

Ryan wanted to shove him back out of revolt. He did, however, have a goal to accomplish. Setting his hooked finger under Asher's chin, he replied, "Later. I plan on visiting after lights out, and we'll speak more then. For now, I have to finish rounds."

"So be it." The demon leaned in closer. He turned his head and latched his lips onto Ryan's neck. After sucking on his soft skin for a moment, no doubt leaving a hickey, he pulled back to whisper, "A little tide me over until we meet again." 

Asher finally backed up. Ryan fixed his shirt, buttoning it back to where it needed to be. He didn't want to risk running into his boss in the hallway. The sex insane demon lowered himself back to the floor slowly. He laid down on the pentagram painted on the cold ground. He'd remain in this position until his new favorite aid returned. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 1K 18
Turned out from his own kingdom for his sexuality, a half-demon prince retreats to the woods for his life's sake. A dryad, Devin, helps prince Ricky...
151K 4.1K 17
Heather Pierce, who prefers to go by Heather Homicide, a college graduate that is in need of a job goes searching for someone to take her. She finds...
44.3K 3.3K 72
Yeah, I finally made a Sitkolson, per your requests. And it'll give you deja vu to any cheesy 90s rom-com you've ever seen.
68.3K 4.5K 40
Everyone has been falling on hard times, but when Devin's ass falls far enough, he's forced to return to an ex life. This life, of degrading and sell...