Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

By iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... More

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 10- Firelight
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 32- Cosmo Children
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison

1.5K 54 36
By iamourship

^Just something I did while I was meant to be studying. It's of Ash and Elaina (ignore how bad it is😂😂). Now, before you starting thinking 'oh, Elaina and Ash are going to be in a romantic relationship together, that's awful. Serena and Ash forever...blah, blah, blah'. Trust me, that's not going to happen. I was just bored. And this is an Amourshipping book. Anyways, enjoy the chapter.
__________________________________________________

I yawned, sitting up in my bed. The morning was beginning to stir. The sounds of various Pokemon fluttered through our ajar windows. Golden sunlight made pools on the wooden floor. It bathed me in a warm blaze. My friends and brothers began waking themselves as well.

Serena had attempted to teach me to bake Pokepuffs yesterday. To say the least, I only ended up finishing one Pokepuff. This was due to the fact that I had eaten everything els. But to be fair, I couldn't help myself. The kitchen was filled with such a pleasing aroma that I just had to taste test everything. About twenty times.

Serena stretched, lifting her arms above her head and shaking out her honey locks. Aron sighed, getting used to the morning glare. Leon rolled out of bed, literally. He landed on the flood with a loud thud that woke Ash with a start.

"Dumb idiot." I muttered under my breath, appalled by my brother's idiocy.

Our group ate breakfast served by the Pokemon center. I scoffed down the blueberry muffins like there was no tomorrow. Ash, back to his ridiculous eating habits, gobbled almost everything in sight. We earned our fair share of eye rolls and giggles. After everyone was sure their stomachs were full, we had a full day ahead of us. My show case wasn't until tomorrow and Serena had some plans.

"Of course, we have to visit Valerie." She said with stars in her eyes. I could tell she idolized the gym leader. "She's a fashion designer as well as a gym leader. Truly inspiring."

This caught my attention. Much like Serena, fashion had a special place in my heart. A day full of battling and fashion sounded like a day in heaven to me.

"That sounds amazing! Well, what are we waiting for, let's meet Valerie!" I cheered, grabbing Serena's wrist and pulling her out the Pokemon center. Everyone els trailed behind, shaking their heads at my sudden enthusiasm.

In broad daylight, Laverre City was even more beautiful. It held natural wooden buildings that towered over stream junctions and white-washed pathways. Greenery followed every turn, ivy growing up the sides of various homes. Market stalls of rainbow colored produce doted the streets as we strolled down them. The sounds of children's laughter played in the air, causing a smile to grace my lips. Pokemon danced through the brick paved roads like nothing could make them happier.

Looking at the utopia, my mind wandered to my parents. If only they could see this. If only they could see all the joy that Pokemon brought to people. I wished so much that my parents could find it in their hearts to accept the idea of Pokemon being true companions. But they were dead set on their ways.

"Here it is! The Laverre City gym." Ash exclaimed, gesturing towards the large wooden structure. I gasped, admiring the great detail that had gone into the architecture. It was ascetically pleasing, large sloping roof and high ceilings.

"Oh Leon! I forgot to this mention before but, Valerie owns a fairy type gym." Serena said, waiting for the fourteen year old's reaction. She knew perfectly well that the boy was fascinated by fairy types.

Honestly, I wished she had mentioned it before so I could brace myself for the excitement to follow. Leon would not be leaving for this gym for an awfully long time and I would probably end up dragging him out by the ear.

"Are you serious?" Leon said in awe. His pretty boy features lit up like a Christmas tree. A massive grin stretched across his face, baring white teeth. Stars danced in his eyes like city lights. Though I would never admit it, I was secretly happy for him.

"Absolutely! Valerie even talks to her Pokemon." Serena explained, much to my brother's excitement. The two were animated as they exchanged their opinions on the fashion artist. Aron and I looked at each other with a face that said 'are we really related to him?' then shrugged. It was Leon's usual behavior, though awfully strange.

We walked into the gym to be greeted by bustling and shouting commands. Pretty, young girls pranced around in fashionable outfits while carrying boxes of various sizes. The grand entrance was alive with activity. On the right side of the room was a desk with a receptionist. She too, wore a designer dress complete with looping arm holes and flaring skirt.

Ash walked up to the receptionist and caught her attention by flashing a smile. She peered up from her work, looking the raven haired boy up and down. She narrowed her eyes, as if trying to remember something. Then she jumped back in surprise, her dress fluttering gracefully.

"Y-you're Ash, right? One of the only trainers I have ever seen beat Valerie. I also saw you competing at the Kalos league." The model said, baffled by his sudden appearance.

"Wow Ash, you really seem to get around." I butted in. Everyone knew him in Kalos. First the league and then saving the whole region, that boy really knew how to get noticed.

"I can't help it! I guess Kalos can't seem to get enough of me." Ash smirked with a wink. I just rolled my eyes. He needs an ego check.

"Is he normally like this?" I asked Serena quietly. She didn't hesitate to answer.

"Never. Ash is hardly ever cocky. Sure, he can be over confident at times but never boastful. He's only like this around you." She explained in a whisper. I nodded. Guess I brought out the argumentative side of Ash.

Don't I feel special! Note the sarcasm.

The receptionist stopped her work to ask the reason for Ash's visit. Within seconds, I could tell that all the girls in that room were whispering quietly amongst themselves. They were all looking at Ash. Fortunately, they all appeared older and their interest clearly had something to do with his previous visit to the gym.

Argh! Why was Ash so popular?! Sure, he was an amazing trainer with really strong Pokemon and a freaking bond phenomenon! But he's not that great!

Ugh, what am I even saying?

Can't believe I'm jealous of Ash Ketchum, of all people. This thought caused me to frown, deeply.

"We're here to see Valerie. Just to say hi." Serena replied, taking a spot next to Ash. The receptionist seemed to recognize her as well.

"I remember you! You stood in for some models in the fashion show last time you were here. That's right, you were Ash's friend. It's Serena, right?" The model smiled at my honey blonde friend.

"Correct. We just came for a visit. And to see some of Valerie's new creations, I love your outfit by the way." Serena complimented and the model thanked her.

"Valerie is in her room round back. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you again. Follow me, I'll take you there." The receptionist kindly offered.

We followed her towards the opposite end of the gym. We passed a closed off area to a much more peaceful part. Here, the bustling of the main gym couldn't be heard. It over looked the scenic views of Laverre City. You could see how perfectly the city captured the beauty of nature. I understood how Valerie was able to create such stunning fashions, she had so much inspiration right outside her door.

"Miss Valerie, I have some guests here to see you." The model asked, raping three times on a wooden wall, just a few feet before a massive arch way. There was a small silence as we waited for a reply. The room beyond the arch way was clearly shadowed, with no light source other than the sun that poured through the walkway.

"Guests? What a nice surprise." Came a velvety voice behind the wall. It was soothing and mysterious. "Who is it?"

"Ash, Serena and some friends. They're here to pay a visit." The receptionist responded.

"Ash? The one with the Pikachu?" The voice spoke again.

"Yes. The one that received a badge here a few months ago."

"Of course. You may all come in."

We happily strolled through the arch way. The room beyond was dark, as expected. It was also empty, which surprised me. Empty, of course for the cluster of Pokemon in the center. They were huddled together, as if performing some kind of witch craft. Amongst the clutter, a woman sat with her legs tucked beneath her and hands folded in her lap. Even in the dark I could see her glossy, black hair that flowed down her torso. Not to mention her captivating violet eyes that sparkled like torch lights.

In one swift movement, the woman was standing. She was tall and extremely lean, thin limbs and long torso. She wore a dress that fanned out in an array of pinks, purples and yellows. Two broad pieces of fabric protruded from her shoulder blades, resembling fairy wings. Her pale skin glowed a pearly white, contrasting her onyx hair. I caught my breath. She was truly stunning.

"Hello Ash and Serena. How nice of you to come visit. You look well." She commented, her voice was one you would expect to call to Pokemon all over the city. Like Cinderella. Valerie's posey trailed on her heals. I couldn't recognize any of them, excluding Sylveon of course. I wasn't much of a human Pokedex.

"We are well, thank you. Since we were in the city, thought it wouldn't hurt to say hello." Serena explained and Valerie nodded respectfully in reply.

"It's a pleasure to have you here again. Ash, I though you would be in a hurry to move to the next region after the league?" The gym leader asked, raising a curious eye at the jet haired boy.

"I decided to stay a little longer. Couldn't let go yet." He rubbed his index finger under his nose and chuckled.

"That's nice. Kalos is certainly a beautiful region. Would you guys like any-" Valerie was cut short by my eager brother.

"Sorry to be a bother, but do you mind teaching me a few things. I'm not fit to challenge you to a gym battle, but I have recently taken an interest in fairy type Pokemon. You are my idol. Please, I'm begging you." Leon pleaded. My brother clasped his hands together in a way I had never seen him do before. Not even when begging my parents to begin our journey. He obviously wanted this badly.

"Not every day do I see a young man like you come in with a thing for fairy types." The fashion designer giggled, amused by Leon's strange enthusiasm. "What's your name?"

"I-I'm Leon. And this is my brother Aron and my sister Elaina." He introduced us and I gave a small wave. Valerie nodded at Aron and I in greeting.

"So Leon, you want to know about fairy types and maybe some training." She picked out exactly what my brother was searching for.

"Yes. I-I mean, if it's alright."

"I haven't had any challengers for a while now, I guess it would be good for my Pokemon to stretch their legs."

"Thank you so much Valerie." Leon cheered with a massive grin on his face.

"No problem, Leon. It's been relatively quiet lately and I've been looking for a good challenge."

"I'm not sure I'll be that much of a challenge." Leon said with worry, as if he would be upsetting the gym leader.

"You're a beginner. Don't worry, I'm aware of that. But I can make a challenge out of you." She inspected my brother with a great intensity. Her eyes scanned his features as if looking into the future. "I see great potential in you."

"Really?" Leon asked hopefully, his eyes brightening with stars.

"Of course, it will take a while. Time that we unfortunately do not have. I expect you will be continuing your travels in some days time?" She asked and Leon nodded grimly. "But we will see what we can do."

"I really appreciate it."

"Great, we'll start training right away. I'm sorry, but if any challengers arrive then we will have to take a break." She smile apologetically.

"That's alright, I'll just observe from the side lines. I can learn a lot from watching too."

Ash came over to me, a certain matter on his mind. While the gym leader and golden haired boy chatted about potential training, Ash seemed rather distracted. I raised an eyebrow, wondering what could possibly cause him to lose interest in the current conversation.

"While Leon's doing his training, do you mind if we do our own?" He whispered, sending a shiver down my spine just like he had in the Camphire stadium.

A small smile picked up my lips as I remembered the training I had planed for today. Ash had asked me to teach him how to tell if someone was in love. To say that it surprised me would be an understatement. I was in complete awe. My plan was working too perfectly to be true. He edged the game along without even knowing it. My job was so easy. And Serena said it was going to be impossible.

"Sure Ash, we'll go in a sec." I muttered to him. He gave a simple nod in return and went back to thinking. Most likely about what made him ask the favor in the first place. And though I had hopes and suspicions as to who might have caused it, I was going to find out for sure.

"Such great enthusiasm. Its good to know there are boys out there with an interest in fairy Pokemon. Serena, I'm sure you would like to visit my store and try on some new products. I'm positive you remember where it is." Valerie said, dragging me out of my thoughts. A store? She had a store here? I did a little celebration in my head, eager to go shopping again. But soon my cheers died as I remembered my training with Ash.

"Elaina, are you coming? The store is really amazing." Serena asked, looking at me with a large grin. As much as I wanted to go, I had promised Ash training. This was the first time I had ever been torn between two friends. I had read about it but never understood the feeling. Now I knew it was dreadful.

"Sorry Sere,"I bit my lip, hating to deny my friend of anything "but I already promised Ash that we would do some training. How about after, that okay?"

Serena pouted, taking on a sulky attitude. She looked between Ash and I, deciding wether my training plans would be beneficial to her and if it was worth postponing her shopping spree.

"Straight after, you promise?" She finally came to the conclusion that she couldn't pass up my services. I smiled apologetically, reassuring her that it would be worth it. She nodded. Ash watched the exchange, totally oblivious as to what it meant.

"I'll never understand girl talk." He muttered to himself. That was something I could completely agree with. Teaching Ash about love was hard enough, let alone teaching him to understand how girls communicate.

"Come on you thick headed celebrity, we have work to do." I teased grabbing Ash by the wrist and dragging him out while waving Serena a quick goodbye.

*. *. *. *.

Ash and I found a perfect place to settle just a short walk from the gym. It was a small park surrounded by blooming flowers. The place was relatively quiet, leaving us the privacy needed for such a tricky and sensitive topic.

I breathed in a gulp of pine scented air. It filled my lungs, letting a natural bliss swirl inside me. The sun was shining with the perfect intensity, leaving my skin with a golden glow. Warmth tickled my bare arms and a fresh taste lingered on my lips.

It was nice to have a moment of tranquility before a conversation that would most likely end up in an argument.

Ash and I found a nearby park bench and parked ourselves on it. I sat on the left side and Ash on the right. We left an unnaturally large gap between us, as if we could both sense the tenseness. Or possibly we felt uncomfortable being so close while discussing such a thing. Either way, we both eyed the space between us because it too made us unsettled. There was simply no way to get around the awkwardness.

Our eyes met and for a split second, I saw myself. I saw myself reflected in Ash's eyes. Truthfully, I shared many qualities with the raven haired trainer but, me being me, would never openly admit it. Underneath the layers of teasing and arguments, was a girl who really admired Ash.

"Ash, you know how difficult love can be." I spoke first, breaking our eye contact.

"I know it's hard to understand." He replied in a quiet voice. I suppressed a giggle, of course Ash would find it hard to understand.

In all honesty, love was hard to understand. More difficult for some than others. I still had my fair share to learn. Maybe I couldn't tell you exactly how it felt to be in love, I had never been. And maybe I was just listing off natural human emotions and phycology, but it was a better understanding than Ash. With a little bit of work, Ash could begin to understand love. But most of it he would have to learn for himself, from real life experience. My lessons could only take him so far and he was yet to learn that.

"That's true. There are also many forms of love. I love my brothers, as much it seems the opposite. Loving my brothers is different to how I would love a boyfriend. So tell me Ash, what kind of love do you want to learn about?" I asked, trying to gather a glimpse of what he was thinking. If I could get an idea, it would make my job a lot easier.

The jet haired boy stared back at me, already finding the topic difficult. He grappled with the idea for a minuet, trying to decide himself what he wanted. Moments later, he appeared to have made his mind.

"The boyfriend type." Ash said unsurely. I grinned.

"Eros. That's the Greek name, as it's commonly referred too. I can teach you about that. But you have to understand that I cant teach you from personal experience, but rather others. Or more specifically, my mother's." I warned him as the slight breeze blew handfuls of hair in my face.

"That's alright. I just want to know everything that you do." He nodded, finally fully satisfied with the decision.

"Okay, but I have some rules." I said and he gave me a funny look.

"Rules? What rules?"

"Number 1, I am always right."

"Of course you are."

"Shut it, Ketchum. Number 2, try not to be thick headed."

This was more wishful thinking than an actual rule. But a girl can try, right?

"I don't understand. What do you mean by thick headed?"

"Already breaking rule 2."

"But I don't underst-"

"Forget it. And rule number 3, everything you learn from me has to applied in real life."

"Okay, no problem."

"Good, now first things first, there are two ways this love is treated." I began, inching slightly closer to Ash. The wind had started to pick up and it muffled my voice a little.

"Two ways? What do you mean?"

"Let me finish, would ya?" Ash's eagerness was great but he needed to calm down. Obviously, whatever was on his mind appeared to be bothering him a lot. "Anyways, Eros is often treated as a weakness or as strength. We can classify different reactions to love in these two categories. How about we start with weakness?"

"Sure, whatever you say."

"Glad to know at you're following rule 1." I winked at Ash, pleased by his commitment. He just rolled his eyes in return. "What to start with..."

There were so many things to choose from. An eternity of them. I tried to narrow it down to things Serena expressed, nudging Ash in a particular direction. Then the perfect thing came to mind.

"How about blushing!?" I asked, myself now ambitious to start the lesson. This should be fun!

"What's blushing?" The clueless boy questioned and my face fell. Maybe this would be a real challenge after all.

"Blushing is when a person's cheeks turn red or pink, gaining heat, due to the words or actions of someone els."

"Aren't you a walking dictionary." Ash muttered.

"Do you want me to help you or not? If so, you'll have to shut that big mouth. You're not usually like this, and I understand during any other circumstances, but in my training sessions, you're going to be civilized." I scolded. Ash was taken aback for a moment, drinking in my fuming features as he realized his mistake. Finally, he relaxed with a sorrowful expression.

"Apologies, carry on."

"As I was saying, people normally blush if a person they have a crush on, or even love, compliments them or gives an act of kindness. It can also be caused by embarrassment, but we won't get into that."

"So their cheeks turn red?"

"Correct. It's like they're burning up a fever but it only lasts a few seconds."

"That sounds familiar. I feel like I've seen it before, but I can't remember where..."

"Blushing is relatively common. It's natural human instinct and there's no way to control it. You can tell that you're blushing when you feel all the blood rush to your cheeks and they warm up."

"If someone was in love with me, and I gave them a compliment, they would blush?" He asked with curiosity.

"Most likely. Some people are more prone to blushing than others. Some have really noticeable blushes and others need a little searching to find."

"Alright, I guess that makes sense."

"It's also human instinct to hide a blush. For example, a person would look away, not meet the eyes of people around them and sometimes even cover it with their hair. Blushing can also lead to signs of nervousness or embarrassment."

"I would be embarrassed too if my cheeks turned red." Ash said, making a face. It was as if the idea disgusted him. Little did he know, he'd probably blushed a couple hundred times over the years.

"See, you're getting the hang of it pretty quickly. Maybe soon, you'll even be in love."

______________________________________________________

I'm really upset because the next two chapters aren't really going to be Amourshipping😫😫😫I'll try the best I can but a lot happens in the next few chapters and I really need to move the story along. After that, I promise there will be major amour moments😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 1.3K 44
An amourshipping story taking place in an alternate reality following the Kalos gang. Ash, Clemont, Serena and Bonnie go through many adventures thro...
39K 870 9
Serena has a huge crush on Ash. He's brave, kind, caring, the list goes on. But most importantly he "Never Gives Up" 。。。 What will happen when Ash is...
28.7K 879 21
When she left for Hoenn, everyone thought she was heading there for contests. But they were wrong. She found a new passion: battling, and this allowe...
30.2K 616 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...