Living With The Shaytards

By KLBaddieTrim

Follow Jewel Butler on her adventures through family troubles, teenage moods, and her intense love triangle. More

Living With The Shaytards
Chapter 1: Jewel Butler
Author's Note
Chapter 3: Selfies
Chapter 4: Mean Girls
Chapter 5: I told Dad
Chapter 6: Soup Face
Chapter 7: Why So Serious?
Chapter 8: My Creepy Stalker
Chapter 9: Skating >:(
Chapter 10: The Fault In Our Stars
Chapter 11: Sunday
Author's Note 2
Chapter 12: Photo Albums (Part 2)
Chapter 13: Craving Menchies
Chapter 14: Birthday (Part 1)
Chapter 14: Birthday (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Birthday (Part 3)
Chapter 15: New Girl
Author's Note 3
Chapter 16: That Insanely Cute Guy
Chapter 17: Letting Your Brother Text Your Crush
Chapter 18: Bike Accident
Chapter 19: Jessica's Party
Chapter 20: Ugly face
Chapter 21: Smiles & Dimples
Chapter 22: MOVING?!
Chapter 23: Goodbye James
Chapter 24: Idaho
Chapter 25: VIDCON
Chapter 26: Neighbours
Chapter 27: The Guy Living Next Door
Chapter 28: Aren't You Guys The Shaytards?
Chapter 29: Sleepover!!
Chapter 30: Nosebleed
Chapter 31: Ice Cream and Smarties
Chapter 32: I Bit An Arm (Part 1)
Chapter 32: I Bit An Arm (Part 2)
Chapter 33: Ladylike
Chapter 34: No, I Can't
Chapter 35: Picture
Chapter 36: Promise
Chapter 37: Confession
Chapter 38: What's a Period?
Chapter 39: Argument
Chapter 40: Rebel
Chapter 41: Finale

Chapter 12: Photo Albums (Part 1)

6.1K 59 17
By KLBaddieTrim

I woke up and it was around 1:00AM. I rubbed my eyes. I looked out the window. Oh. My. Gawd.

There were a ton of stars! I was like looking at a galaxy! Then there was a big bright round shining white moon. It was like I fell in love! I gazed at the beautiful stars and the moon.

I grabbed my binoculars from my cabinet. I looked at the stars and moon up close. It was so beautiful. I just HAD to get this on film!

I crept to my Dad's room and grabbed the camera.

I went back to my room and filmed the sky.

"It's so beautiful! The moon is so bright and the stars look amazing." I said to the camera. Then, I turned it off and put it on my desk. I opened the curtains wide open.

The moon and stars were shining on the floor. I grabbed my blanket and my pillow. Then, I slept on the floor, letting the moon shine on my face.

+++++

"Jewel, wake up!" I heard a soft voice said. "Why are you sleeping on the floor? And why is the curtain open?"

I opened my eyes and yawned.

It was Emmi.

"Just because.."

"Well, Mom said that you have to wake up. You slept in and I guess your alarm didn't ring."

"Ok." I muttered.

"WAKE UP!" She shook me.

"Ok! Just let me get up." I got up from the ground.

"Leave please. I need to change."

+++++

At school, Luke was so happy I mentioned him in the vlogs. Luke made sure Debby stayed away from me. Luke is my best friend, and my body guard. He's also a photographer and takes pictures of sceneries. In the summer we plan to watch the sunset at the beach. If we were invited to a bonfire party, he will take a picture and post on Instagram. But, that will never happen. We are loners for life. We will only throw it for ourselves. #loner4life Jessica is now nice. She started smiling at me when ever I look at her. She came up to me to invite me to her lunch table but I refused. Is it because I'm a Shaytard?

I came back home. "Hi!" I shouted.

I heard Zeke coming. He barked loudly.

He came and walked around me. I petted him.

I walked in my room and put my backpack on the floor. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a juicy apple to eat.

Crunch.

Mom was washing the dishes.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hi." I replied.

Mom turned her head and said, "Remember for family night, you are doing the treats."

I stopped chewing. I thought for a moment.

"Okay thanks for reminding me."

"No problem."

I finished my apple and threw the core away. I went to my room and did my homework. Look, I'm not like those always A+ nerds and loves to study. I usually get an A- or B+. By studying, I only take half an hour. I never procrastinate because I know that I need to get my homework done first.

After I did homework, I searched up things to bake. I went to the kitchen and no one was there. So I started preparing my ingredients. I mixed and stirred and added and poured and measured.

I made confetti cupcakes and put creamy white icing on top. Then I took two straight pretzels and put icing on one and put the other pretzel to make a cross. I stuck the pretzel right in the middle of the cupcake.

"What smells so good?" I hear dad say while walking to the kitchen.

I ran to stop Dad from coming in.

"STOP!" I shouted. "You CANNOT film or look at the c- uhh"

"What? Cakes? Cupcakes? Cookies?" He asked curiously.

"Stop! Get out!" I yelled rudely.

"Hey! You can't speak to your father like that zooming the camera closer to my face."

"Please?"

"Okay. Lets not bother Gemtard." He spoke to the camera.

I put the cupcakes in the fridge.

+++++

After Mom"s yummy dinner, I handed out cupcakes to the family.

"I knew they were cupcakes!!" Dad zoomed in the cupcake.

My family took a bite.

Mom said, "It's good but-"

"But it's cold!!!!!!" Rocktard interrupted.

"Why is it cold?" asked Sontard.

"I put it in the fridge."

"Why??" Dad complained using his childish voice.

"Because!!!!!"

"Because what?!?!" All the kids and Dad asked at the same time.

I sighed. I angrily ignored them and walked to the kitchen and put the leftover cupcakes in the fridge. Then, I put the tray in the oven. Whilst I did, I heard the family whispering. I rolled my eyes.

I turned back to my old self. Not the Shaytard.

I went to my room and did what I usually did. I put on my pajamas and put my headphones in. I turned on the music. I dimmed the lights and lied in bed. Adore You by Miley Cyrus played. I closed my eyes and listened to the song.

+++++

Shay's POV

"Because what?!?!" Me and the kids asked.

Jewel sighed and went to the kitchen with an angry look on her face. I looked at Colette. Colette looked at the kids.

"I think we upset her." Gavin said.

Colette and I looked at each other.

I mouthed, "Should we turn the camera off?" While I was filming the kids.

She shrugged.

I turned off the camera. Jewel wouldn't like it if we filmed it on camera.

"What did we do?" Whispered Emmi.

"I don't know." Avia whispered back.

Then Jewel walked out of the kitchen and went to her room. The old Jewel is back.

"I'm going to go talk to her." I stood up from my chair.

"No." Said Colette.

"I going to talk to her. You're one member of the family that asked her, 'Because of what?!?!'" Colette imitated our child like voices. Colette stood up.

"Actually, I'll give her 5 min to give her some privacy, then I'll talk to her." My wife changed her mind.

+++++

Jewel's POV

You know what? Forget it. I'm not becoming my old lazy self again.

I turned off my music and turned opened the door.

I saw Mom outside my door and she was about to knock. She dropped her hand.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shook my head. "There's nothing to be angry about. It's silly. Don't worry about me." I walked past my mom and sat on the couch where my whole family sitting.

"Hey Jewel, we didn't mean to hurt you." Dad said without his camera.

"Yeah. It's no problem. There was nothing to be angry about."

"Okay." Dad said.

"Well, since we are doing the family night, I need to turn on the camera. Is that okay?" Dad said, knowing that I don't like the camera as much.

"It's fine. You can turn it on." I replied.

He nodded and grabbed the camera that was sitting on the table. He turned it on and filmed himself.

"Hey guys! Sorry for the dramatic scene. Everything's okay. So, lets get started on family night."

He filmed all the family members. We all cheered and hurrahed. Except for me, I was just sitting there waiting for the family night to go on.

"Okay, next we have the prayer."

We did all the events except for the activities.

"Okay, last is Princesstard!"

She stood in the middle of the living room while holding big photo albums. "For the activities, we are going to look back in our baby pictures and remember that God created us."

My parents exchanged nervous glances.

Dad turned off the camera.

"Avia, can we talk in private?"

"Okay."

Dad and Mom went to talk to Avia in the corner of the living room. Gavin, Emmi, Daxton, Brock, and I waited.

I sighed. I didn't know what was going on. But I heard a few sentences.

"Why didn't you tell us what your activity was?"

"I wanted to surprise you." Avia frowned. "I thought this was a great activity."

Dad looked at Mom. Mom whispered something in his ear.

Dad, Mom, and Avia walked back.

"Raise your hand if you want to do this activity."

Emmi, Avia, Gavin, and Brock raised their hand.

Mom and Dad looked at me.

I hesitated. Then, I slowly raised my hand.

"Okay." Dad said.

Mom and Dad sat down. Avia walked back to the middle of room while still carrying the heavy photo albums.

Dad turned his camera back on.

"Okay," Princesstard said gaining back her confidence.

"I'm going to hand each photo album to each kid except for Brotard."

She handed it to me, Emmi, Brock, and Gavin and left one for herself.

"Now everybody can start looking at the pictures!" We all flipped some pages. Most of the kids laughed at themselves. Except for me.

Why wasn't I there?

I looked at Mom who stared at the ground. Then I looked at Dad who was busy filming the kids.

He's avoiding me. He didn't film me.

There's something wrong. And, I know what's wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1.3K 29
Read as the Taylor's navigate a busy lifestyle with their family and still make time only for each other
3.7K 149 17
Book 3 of "After all this time" and "You're all grown up" This is about the twins and colette growing up as tweens/teens and how nick and charlie han...
7.8K 290 14
"It's certainly not feeling super normal or great for any of us..." Friends-to-lovers, caring-for-sick-friend fluff. 13 chapters + epilogue.
5.1K 188 16
Ashlee, Eleanor, Melanie, and Liam are quadruplets. They live in New York with their brother and parents. There family is very rich, they live in a h...