Deserted ~ A Modern Hiccstrid...

By UsikuGhadhabu

Hayden 'Hiccup' Haddock is the school nobody. Alone and abused both at school and at home, he's relied on sol... More

Author's Note
First Day (1)
School (2)
Park Meeting (3)
Dinner (4)
Night Crossing (5)
Car Offers (6)
Memories (7)
A/N
Day off (8)
Day Off Decisions (9)
Speed Stinger Tag (10)
Crash Wave (11)
AAAAAHHHHHHH (12)
Hospital (13)
Astrid Meets Mildew (14)
Revenge (15)
Plan (16)
Book Choices
Plan in Action (17)
Toothless (18)
Going Home (20)
TRAILER!!!!
Welcome (21)
Help (22)
Talks (20-Something)
Schedule (My Schedule for new Updates)
Trickery and Pre-Make-Ups (24)
Thanks (25)
Back (26)

Clinic (19)

4.3K 138 48
By UsikuGhadhabu

I've been listening to this video nonstop, while I'm doing my homework or really doing anything!!! Love it!!!

Enjoy!!!

As Hiccup sat there crying, Astrid stood awkwardly.

His legs were folded up, hiding a little over half of his face.

She had no idea how to help.

She sat down next to him and looked at him.

Blood was leaking from the side of his head, and his eye was slightly swollen from where Dagur had punched him.

What she didn't realize was that Hiccup had already had a black eye, even before he got into the fight with Dagur.

He was pretty badly injured, and his wounds from the shark attack probably weren't helping much.

She decided that it was time she said something.

"Hiccup, you should probably clean yourself up. You're still bleeding."

He said nothing.

She sighed and moved closer to him, taking one of his hands.

"Toothless will be all right, Hiccup."

He ripped his hand from hers as if she'd burned him, still not removing his legs in order to look at her.

"Oh. You're still mad at me."

Nothing.

"Okay." She whispered, trying her best not to sound hurt.

"You... have no reason to be hurt. You didn't stop them that day in the hospital. You didn't stop them from hurting and possibly killing Toothless. All just to save your reputation." He muttered, barely audible.

"I know." She answered.

"No, you don't."

"Yes I do, Hiccup."

"No, you don't."

"Hiccup, I do get it."

"You don't get it! Otherwise, you would have done something."

"I get it, Hiccup! I get it... I know what it feels like to lose everything you care about... your entire world. I have felt the pain of having to let someone go. I know. That doesn't justify what I did, though. I was a coward. I was weak. I wasn't able to stand up to my friends and prove them wrong, and I feel horrible about it. I finally got to know you, and now I'm ashamed of what I've done. I'm sorry. Is there any way you can forgive me?"

He said nothing.

He didn't look at her.

She sighed.

"Look, it's fine if you don't forgive me. At least let me help you. You should really get cleaned up. That fight with Dagur didn't go down without a scratch."

Hiccup nodded and they both stood up.

Astrid led him to one of the multiple doors leading off the room, opening it to a reveal a semi-small bathroom with white-washed walls and metallic-colored sink. As walked over to a small cabinet and began to dig around inside of it.

Hiccup was starting to feel light-headed from standing. He slowly sank to the ground.

Astrid fished some supplies out of the cabinet before walking over to Hiccup.

She dropped onto her knees next to him, sitting back on her heels.

She looked at the gash on his head, tenderly touching it to make sure it wasn't too severe.

Hiccup sucked in a sharp breath and Astrid pulled her hand away.

"That's... strange. A punch shouldn't be able to do that much damage." Astrid murmured, looking at Hiccup.

"They don't call him Dagur for nothing." He muttered.

It all clicked into place.

While it was a little hard to believe that Dagur would knife someone, he was the most unpredictable person she'd ever met. And he really was called Dagur because of his love of knives.

She grabbed some alcohol and a faded yellow rag.

She wet the rag and turned to Hiccup.

"This will probably hurt. A lot. Just try to hold still."

She put the rag on the side of his head, gently rubbing it to get it clean.

even though she tried to be gentle, every time she moved the rag Hiccup flinched.

He was biting his tongue to keep from screaming, his eyes shut tight.

His injury was pretty severe, and she wasn't sure she'd be able to clean it with only the stuff they had at the clinic.

Realizing that the rag was now completely covered in blood she paused to change rags.

She glanced at Hiccup.

He was staring at the bloody rag, his face fearful.

"You'll be okay, Hiccup. It'll be okay." She reassured him.

He said nothing.

She put a rag to his head again.

He hissed through his teeth, grabbing her wrist and stopping her.

"Hiccup, let go!" She demanded, trying to pull her arm out of his grasp.

He didn't let go.

She stopped, frowning. "Hiccup?"

He looked at her. His eyes shown with unshed tears, his face vulnerable. She again felt bad for all the horrible accusations she'd made about him in the past, he was much more complex than she ever thought he was.

She suddenly realized how close they were, their faces just inches away from touching.

The moment shattered as a phone rang in the silent, small room.

Hiccup pulled his phone out of his pocket before silencing it and slipping it back in.

"Who was that?" Astrid whispered, not daring to speak any louder.

"Nobody." Hiccup answered, just as quiet.

She knew that it was Tuffnut, but she also knew that she shouldn't get involved. It was his own business, and she knew it was best to stay out of it.

They stared at each other for a second, a spark running through her wrist and warming her entire body.

After a few seconds, Hiccup released Astrid's hand and pulled away.

He seemed reluctant to do so, and Astrid was just as disappointed.

The mood between them had changed, and she wasn't sure id she liked it.

Needing to clear her head, she stood up and began to put away the supplies she had gotten out.

Hiccup realized he should move, too, stumbling before finally managing a standing position. 

Astrid finished putting everything away, gesturing for Hiccup to get out before closing the bathroom door.

They sat down on the couch, Hiccup putting his head in his hands.

Astrid wrapped her arm around his back, trying to help him relax.

She leveled her head with his, whispering in his ear.

"He's gonna be okay, Hiccup. Toothless is a fighter. Like no dog I've ever met. He will survive this, you won't lose him."

 He didn't look up, but she slowly felt him start to relax.

Hiccup began to sink into the couch turning slightly into Astrid as she did the same.

Eventually, they both drifted off, their eyes closing as they hoped to Odin that Toothless would be alright.

Oooooo, you were totally expecting something to happpeeennnnn!!!

It didn't.

It can't.

It will.

More to come later!

Please vote and comment if you liked it!

Thanks!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 36 9
Astrid Hofferson. A woman who can do anything, except for driving a car. But she's having some trouble with her current driver cause he never shows u...
7K 116 26
Astrid Hofferson and Hayden Haddock are in high school. Astrid's got a tough reputation, and Hayden's become the talk of the school.
231 1 11
(Y/N), Ameraeli Isle's strongest viking - Hot headed, violent, ruthless, unpredictable, comes face to face with Berk's chief, Hiccup Horrendous Haddo...
203K 4.5K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...