Past Time

By savannah_singleton19

What if Bella and Edward didn't end up together? How would their lives have turned out? In this Twilight fan... More

Alice's vision
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25

20

815 14 0
By savannah_singleton19

I frowned when I saw the note on my door when I was leaving for the Cullen's house. It was from Trevor, saying he wanted to see me tonight. I felt like I had no way to get out of it, and I wasn't looking forward to it. 

When I showed Edward, he was not happy. "You're not going back home tonight. You're staying here, with me."

"Edward, as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to hide from him."

"Then I'll go with you," Edward growled. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "Suit yourself." I was secretly happy though, we'd be spending our first night together. It would be great.

"You don't mind, do you?" Edward asked me.

Seriously? "Oh, no. I don't mind at all."

Edward smiled at me, and we both turned our heads at the sound of Alice and Rosalie coming down the stairs. 

"Emmett will be down soon, he's trying to get Jasper to go with you guys," Rosalie told Edward.

"He'll never go," Edward said.

Alice shrugged. "He might this time since I'm going with the girls tonight."

"Then I should go and try to persuade him, too," Edward said, giving me one more smile before going up the stairs.

"I see things are going good with you two," Rosalie said to me.

"They are," I said.

"I'm glad he gave up on Bella," Rosalie said. "She's a nice girl, but I just don't think she's right for Edward."

I looked at Rosalie. "Well, Jacob seems to be doing her good."

"I suppose so," Rosalie said, making a disgusted face.

"I don't know. There's something about her that I just can't help but feel like she was meant to be a vampire," Alice said.

"That's just because you had a vision of her as a vampire," Rosalie told her.

Alice shot her a look. "Have you seen her? She's vampire material, and she's a shield."

"We have someone who's better than a shield right here," Rosalie pointed to me.

"I know," Alice said, looking at me. "I mean, you're right."

Rosalie shook her head at Alice. "We don't even know what Audrey is truly capable of, she could be more powerful than what you imagine Bella to be."

"Possibly," Alice murmured.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Are we ready to hunt, or not? This conversation is boring me."

"I'm ready," Rosalie said.

"So am I," Alice said, and we were off.

"How did it go?" Edward asked me when we got back.

I smiled at him. "I never knew mountain lion could be so good. How did it go with you guys?"

"It was a short trip," Edward said with a shrug. "Nothing new, really."

"You know, Alice seems to think that Bella should be a vampire," I told him.

"I know." Edward nodded his head. "Some people are meant to be a vampire, and she may be one of those people, but it won't be because of me. I want you, I'm happy with you."

"I'm happy with you, too," I said, then thought for a moment. "Does this mean we're dating?"

"Dating? We're together," Edward said with a laugh. "No need to put a label on us, we're not humans."

I laughed with him. "I know."

"We'd be mates," Edward told me, looking at me from the corner of his eye. "But I'm sure you don't want to call us that just yet."

I smiled at him. "Not just yet."

"Maybe in the future," Edward hinted.

"Maybe." I flashed him another smile.

"So, are you ready to go to  your house?" Edward asked me.

I started jogging in place, ready to race him to my house. "I was born ready. Are you?"

"Of course," he said, but before he could finish, I was already running. I had to have a head start, I know he's the fastest in his family.

Just like I knew he would, he was ahead of me, but I had a trick up my sleeve. By the time he turned his head to smirk at me, I was already up the closest tree, and he stopped to look around with a look of confusion on his face. As silently as I could, I jumped to the closest tree, which just happened to be above Edward. 

Without a second thought, I jumped down on top of him, and he was lying on his back. I looked at him with a grimace but was back on my feet in a flash, and running again. I heard Edward's laugh echoing off the trees, which only made me run faster. If he was laughing, then he was back on his feet.

I looked behind me, and sure enough, he was right on my heels. Just when I thought he was going to pass me, he tackled my side, and we rolled over to a stop with me on top of him. 

I laughed while I playfully smacked his chest, "That's not fair!"

"You want to talk about not fair? You attacked me from the trees!" Edward accused me but was laughing too.

"I couldn't just let you beat me," I told him.

"Sore loser, are you?" Edward teased me.

I rolled my eyes. "You could say that."

Edward shook his head with a smile. When he stopped, we looked at each other for a while. I stared into his golden eyes, imagining what color they were before.

"What are you thinking?" Edward asked me. I always cancel his powers out when it's just us, I hate the idea of anyone being able to know what I'm thinking.

"I was just wondering what color your eyes were before you were turned?" I admitted.

Edward smiled at me. "Green. And yours?"

"They were hazel, more green than brown, though," I told him.

"Hazel? I always imagined your eyes to be blue," Edward said. "But hazel sounds even more beautiful on you."

I laughed and pushed myself off him. With a smile, he got on his feet, and we walked the rest of the way to my house. I was caught by surprise when he grabbed a hold of my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

I was still holding his hand when I opened the door and brought him inside. He gave me a disapproving look. "You still don't lock the door?"

"Well, no," I said, looking away from him. "A door isn't much protection against a vampire."

Edward glared at me for a moment before admitting defeat, "I suppose you're right."

"No one can do me much harm," I said.

"Do you know when he's supposed to be here?" Edward asked me.

"He has a name, don't be scared to use it," I said. "But I'm not sure. He didn't exactly say when in his note."

"I'm not scared to say his name, it's just the very mention of his name makes me angry," Edward told me.

I smiled at him. "Are you jealous?"

Edward started to open his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. He gave me a serious look before saying anything at all. "Yes, I suppose I am. It's not an emotion I like to have."

"You have no reason to be jealous," I reassured him.

"It's just that he's someone from your past, someone you once loved very much. He knows more about you than I do. How can I compare to that?" Edward said.

"You know everything about me," I pointed out, and he did. We once spent a whole day telling each other everything about each other. "He was someone I once loved, and there will always be a special place for him in my heart, but I have you now. I think I'm falling in love with you, which is why you don't have to compare yourself to him. He's my past, and I'm hoping you'll be my future."

"Audrey," Edward said my name so softly it came out as a whisper, and he cupped my cheek. "I feel the same way."

"You do?" I asked him.

Edward nodded his head, and both of our heads slowly drifted together. I closed my eyes as soon as our lips made contact. His lips were soft and warm on mine, and I swear I could see spark fly behind my closed eyes. Like I was dreaming like I was human. 

We pulled away from each other, both of our eyes wide. "I've never had a kiss like that," I told him. "Not even with Trevor."

"I haven't either," Edward said, and gave me another kiss.

I was just about to tell him how amazing it was when I heard something outside. I looked at Edward, sure he was wondering the same thing I was. What was that?

I got up, but Edward grabbed my wrist. "Let me check it out."

"I can handle it," I told him, pulling my wrist from his grasp. "Don't worry."

Edward gave me a weird look before finally nodding his head. "I know you can handle it."

I opened my door and looked outside. I didn't see anyone, or hear anyone. Whoever was here must have left. I took a few more steps outside just to be sure when Trevor jumped down in front of me.

"You're going to regret not taking me back," Trevor growled at me, his red eyes blazing.

"Were you listening in on my conversation?" I asked him, clearly annoyed.

Trevor tapped on his ear with a smirk. "How could I not?"

"You had no right! My life is not your business anymore!" I barked at him.

"Of course it is! I love you!" Trevor whined.

I shook my head. "You need to move on. I have."

"I can't, Audrey. You were, are, my everything." Trevor told me. "I refuse to move on."

I looked Trevor over and knew he wasn't lying. I don't know what kept him from moving on from me, but something had him rooted. "You need to leave. I don't want to see you here ever again, do you understand? I don't want to see you anymore."

Trevor glared at me silently for a moment. "You'll regret this." And he was off.

I turned back to go inside but saw Edward in the doorway. "It could have gone worse."

"I guess so," I chuckled.

"He was thinking about doing a lot worse, but he really cares about you," Edward told me.

I looked at him. "Do you think he will?"

"I believe so," Edward said. "I wasn't getting much, to be honest. His mind was all over the place, but I do know he won't hurt you physically."

"That means he'll hurt someone close to me," I said.

Edward nodded his head. "Don't worry about me, though. He can't get through me or my family."

"I know," I said, touching his arm. "That just means I have no idea how he's going to hurt me. Which makes the thought that much scarier."

"He doesn't know anyone else that you're close to," Edward reassured me.

"I know, you're right," I agreed. "I guess you can head back home."

Edward agreed, and after saying our good nights, he was off. I shook my head in anger. Because of Trevor, I would have to worry about walking on eggshells. Not just that, but I wonder what else he could do to hurt me. I have human friends here that I've gotten close to, and I know the Cullens are capable of handling themselves but that doesn't mean I like the idea that they could get hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

994K 61.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
670K 24.4K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
352K 12.6K 56
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
393K 23.8K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...