Lost Soul, Now Found

By WWESpongefan

So much going on here. First there's Bray's Sister Abigail coming back to life and finding love with Luke Har... More

Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 1)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 2)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 3)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 4)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 5)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 6)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 7)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 8)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 9)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 10)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 11)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 12)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 13)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 14)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 15)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 16)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 17)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 18)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 19)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 20)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 21)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 22)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 23)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 24)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 25)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 26)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 28)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 29)
Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 30)

Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 27)

11 0 0
By WWESpongefan

Lost Soul, Now Found

Chapter Twenty Seven

First things first, I think everyone should watch this promo in case you haven't already. My last chapter really fit in with this promo.

/DCRZ6PzMu2s

Luke was sitting by Abigail's hospital bed, he had already found out from the doctor that the baby would have been a girl and that she died. Now there was a chance that he could lose Abigail again. He sat by her bed sobbing as Bray came in.

"How is she?"

Luke had to stop himself from crying, he was sure Bray saw it as a sign of weakness. He stood up and wiped his tears away. He swallowed and took in a breath before he gave his response.

"Not well."

"How did this happen?"

"We were in an accident... It was a drunk driver... they ran a stoplight and hit on Abigail's side..."

Luke couldn't hold it in anymore and his tears returned.

"It should have been me Bray... it should have hit me instead. I should be the one in that hospital bed..."

Bray came over and hugged Luke.

"The baby... she's gone..."

Luke remembered how Bray brought him back, he wondered if Bray could bring her back.

"Can you bring her back?"

"I wish I could, but this is out of my hands. The child was unborn... there is nothing I can do... I'm sorry brother."

Luke looked up as if he was looking for answers. He was never really a religious man.

"I still don't know if I believe in what you believe in... If there is a God... Why is he punishing me?... There's a chance that I could lose everything... I've already lost what would have been my baby girl... Now there's a chance I could lose Abigail again... I can't... not again... Things were finally turning around for me... now I could lose everything... Why is God punishing me?"

"So you admit there is a God...Life isn't easy... things happen that we can't control... I know you're hurting... you're questioning God... maybe even blaming God for what happened. When I first lost Abigail I was hurting too. She took care of me, she became more like a mother than a sister to me, I just wanted to return the favor somehow, to thank her for taking care of me when I was growing up. You... blamed yourself for her death the first time, but you had nothing to do with it. Now... her life is at risk again, but this isn't your fault either. Don't go blaming yourself for this, and don't go blaming God either. He can do great things... if you choose in your heart to trust and believe in him, just pray to him and we'll see what he can do. He can do what he wants, but what you need to understand is... The Lord gives and The Lord takes away. Either way, to his name be praised. It is important to cherish every moment you spend with her, we never know how long we have on this earth."

Luke thought about that, but had a question on his mind.

"Do you think... God is punishing me because Abigail and I aren't married?"

"I don't really have an answer for that, but if you believe you have sinned against him, then you can pray for forgiveness and pray for healing."

"Well... I've never done this before. I'm new to this spiritual stuff..."

"We all are at some point, but you are not alone... All we can do, is let go... pray and leave all our troubles in God's hands."

Luke nodded like he finally understood.

"I'll do it."

Bray pat Luke on his shoulder.

"You just made the most important decision of your life."

Luke went over to Abigail and held her hand, while looking at Bray.

"How do I start?"

"You say whatever is on your mind. I'm going to step out and give you a minute."

Bray stepped out of the room hoping that he gave Luke a push in the right direction and that he's finally seen the light.

Luke still held Abigail's hand, now that Bray stepped out, he had no problem letting his tears fall again. Luke realized that Bray may be right and that there was only one thing to do. He looked up as he started talking to God.

"God... all of this is new to me... You're my only hope... I want to make things right... Abigail and I were together without being married... I pray that you will heal her, I want to make things right... I want to marry her..."

He paused for a moment to look at her and kissed her hand then continued.

"She means everything to me... I've either blamed myself, or blamed you for what's happened. I still don't know what you will do, but I guess I should really be thanking you... Thank you for bringing Abigail back in the first place. I've cherished every moment I've had with her. Everything is out of my hands, and in your control... please... God just heal her, give me a sign that she can make it through this. I need you... you're the only one that can help her. I want to believe in you... show me what you can do... Amen."

Luke had a hard time getting through the prayer because it was something he had never done before. He wiped away the last of his tears. The pain was still there, but he felt a slow healing process inside. Bray was outside with Tyler, he wasn't sure if Tyler should go in to see Abigail, but he thought... Tyler witnessed his mother killed right in front of him, it couldn't get much worse than that.

"What happened to her?"

"She was in an accident... she's not doing very well."

"I still want to see her... please?"

"Well... I think she will appreciate that you want to see her. We can go in for a little while. If you get too uncomfortable, let me know and we'll go."

Bray peaked in and made sure that Luke was finished praying. He saw Luke holding Abigail's hand and decided that it was ok for him and Tyler to come in. Tyler was the first one in the room.

"Hey... how is she?"

"Not good... I don't know if she's going to make it."

Tyler was quiet for a moment and looked at her.

"I hope she does... She's very nice."

Tyler hadn't really talked to her much, but from what he could tell, she was very nice. He was afraid when he first came to The Wyatt house. Abigail had been very welcoming and made him feel comfortable.

"What happened?"

"We were in a car accident. It hit on her side... it should have been me... She was going to have our baby... The baby didn't make it... We would have had a little girl."

Tyler was confused. He has always been an only child and didn't know what he meant.

"How would you have a baby? Did the baby die?"

"You're a bit young to know this yet... but yes, the baby died."

This made Tyler wonder if Abigail was still alive.

"Is she still alive?"

Luke wasn't sure because she was hooked up to a machine that was helping her breathe. It could have been the only thing keeping her alive. Would she survive if the doctors took her off the machine? Luke finally thought of an answer.

"I think so... for now. The doctors are doing their best to help her, but I'm not sure if there is anything anyone can do. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. She needs as much rest as she can get."

Tyler thought that he was being too loud and turned his attention to Bray.

"I guess I'm being too loud. We should get going so she can sleep. Will you tell her that I was here and that I hope she feels better?"

Luke smiled at Tyler.

"I will... Thank you for stopping by Tyler. I think she'll appreciate you stopping by. She'll be glad to know that you were thinking about her."

Bray walked over to Abigail and took her other hand.

"Rest well Abby. I do hope you make a full recovery. I'll be praying for you as I'm sure Luke already has. The doctors have done what they can... its out of our hands Luke, the Lord is in control."

Bray and Tyler leave the room and Luke is left alone with her again. He had shed all the tears he could. He had finally accepted God and prayed for Abigail. Luke kissed her hand and closed his eyes as he sat down beside her. He knew that if she did make it, there would be a long healing process both physically and mentally. She would find out that the baby didn't make it. She will probably be devastated because she seemed so excited about being a mom. Luke had been worried about whether or not he would be a good dad. Now, with the condition Abigail was in, he would be lucky if he got to be a dad at all. He loved Abigail, he knew that if he got another chance with her that he would have to make things right and marry her. It seemed like he had just gotten Abigail back, and if he lost her again, it would probably affect him more than it did before. They had finally shared their feelings for each other and were going to have a child together. He knew things were out of his control and that things were in God's hands. He was going to cherish every moment he had with her. He softly kissed her forehead before sitting down beside her and taking her hand in his. One thing was certain, he was going to remain by her side.

It was early in the morning now. He cried for most of the night, he was physically and emotionally tired and finally exhaustion overcame him. He passed out right beside her in a chair, but never let go of her hand. As he was finally sleeping, he finally got a sign that he had been hoping for. Abigail opened her eyes. She wasn't sure where she was or what was going on, but she felt her whole body in pain. She felt something else, it was Luke holding her hand. He was asleep, but she tried to call out to him anyway. She was so weak that no sound came out. She tried to remember what happened, but her head was hurting too much. She was only awake for a moment before falling into a deep sleep again. A few hours had passed and Luke woke up, he was unaware that Abigail had woke up even for a moment and thought that things were the same as the night before. He hadn't slept very well, how could he with the condition Abigail was in? A doctor came in to check on her, she had shown signs of improvement. Bray had also come back with Tyler, he noticed how tired Luke looked. He spoke up getting his attention.

"Luke... I know you're tired, you've stayed with her all night. Why don't you go home? Get some rest, We'll stay with her for a while, won't we Tyler?"

Tyler nodded his head, but Luke wouldn't move.

"I can't... I can't leave her. I won't leave her... I'm going to stay here no matter what."

Tyler looked over at her.

"Is she doing any better?"

Tyler was kind of loud and Bray had to keep him quiet.

"Shh... don't you remember, she needs all the sleep she can get."

Luke held her hand and felt slight movement. He was trying to be quiet too, but spoke to Bray.

"Did you see that? Her hand moved slightly."

"She seems to be in a deep sleep."

Abigail moved her head and her hand again like she was fighting this. They heard a small whimper of pain from her, and she slowly opened her eyes. She squinted at the light in the room, but she saw everyone in front of her. Luke had tears in his eyes, he couldn't believe it, she was alive, and now she was awake. Luke was sad that they had lost their baby, how would he tell her? That would come later, right now, he was just happy that she was alive. He still had never let go of her hand, he wiped some of the tears from his eyes and gently kissed her hand. She struggled to find her voice, but finally got his name out.

"Luke..."

(To be continued.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 1.7K 30
"I loved you, I did. I know we had something special, but I can't feel it anymore. It's just not there, and I'm sorry, I really am. But I think you s...
2.3K 51 12
My OC Abby (Abigail) is a new diva. She puts on a smile, but everyone later on discovers things from her past. One of those being that she suffers fr...
35.1K 978 30
The hardy's return but this time they are not alone. Their crazy, reckless and unpredictible little sister litterally tags along. She meets someone w...
50.1K 1.6K 81
a story in which chloe unexpectedly falls in love with dean ambrose and along the way, chris evans joins the mix ♡ social media