Kira and Luke✔️

By kiramcneil

After the High, was the Low and i was definitely at the bottom, but what can you do? Kira is a 23-year old gi... More

Chapter 1-We Can't Stop
Chapter 2: When You Look Me In The Eyes
Chapter 3: This is me
Chapter 4: Scream and Shout
Chapter 5: I Miss You
Chapter 6: Strong
Chapter 7: It's Been Awhile
Chapter 8: Hold Me Tight
Chapter 9: Hanging on
Chapter 10: I Have A Secret
Chapter 11: Live again
Chapter 12: Surprises
Chapter 13: Oh boy
Chapter 14: Don't forget
Chapter 15: Hide and seek
Chapter 16: Shouldn't Came Back
Chapter 17: The Wedding
Chapter 18: And back to reality
Chapter 19: We Can Work This Out
Chapter 20: IJWUAUAUT
Chapter 21: Work
Chapter 22: Take Me To The River
Chapter 23: Woah
Chapter 24: Get Yourself Together
Chapter 25: Shhh
Chapter 26: History Repeats
Chapter 27: Caution
Chapter 28: Damn
Chapter 29: The End
Chapter 30: Oh, baby baby
Chapter 31: A Long Story
chapter 32: Why Now?
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
38
Epilogue

37

101 3 0
By kiramcneil

Kira POV:

The car stopped in front of the home that I haven't seen in almost a week. Over the course of that week, a series of unfortunate events have occurred. Kari and Scar lost their daughter. They named her Rose Mari Watson. She passed away sometime during birth. The doctors believe that Rose's heart failed. Kari has been a mess. Neither of us wanted to come home, so we've been staying with Kaneshia for a few days, Allowing Olivia to bond with her new little cousins. I saw how hard it was for Kari to watch everyone coo over Judah and Jonah, while her baby is gone. We just left Rose's funeral. She was beautiful.

I walked in our home, carrying the twins. As I put the twins, who were in their carriers, down on the floor. I looked up and came face to face with my husband. Or soon to be ex husband.

"Luke."

'I-I'm home."

I saw as he glanced at the twins.

"W-wow. They...their perfect. What are their names?"

I snorted.

"It's sad that you fu- freaking have to ask. You should've been there. I haven't heard from you in months. You wouldn't put us on your visitation list. We didn't get a single letter. How could you do that to your kids? To me? We needed you. You left us defenseless and unprotected."

He seemed taken back by my words. As if he gave a damn.

"I'm sorry. I am. I c- I couldn't face you. I left in handcuffs, Kira. While I was in jail, all I could think about was that scared look in Kylie's eyes, the hatred in Kendall's and the hurt look on your face. But Kira, I'm here now. I can take care of all of you now and I'm not leaving."

"Luke, we have to leave."

"No, you're not lea-"

"Luke, all your money is gone. The IRS gave us 30 days. Well, now it's 10. We're broke. They said something about fraud and how you weren't placing the company money the correct way or something."

"I'm so sorry. I'm gonna fix this. I-I..."

I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"Luke, we're okay. We are gonna be fine."

"Kira, I don't know how to.."

"Live without money. I've noticed. We can do it. Together."

"Do the kids know?"

"Yes."

He put his head in his hands.

"Kira, why did you send your lawyer to the jail with divorce papers?"

"Luke, I-"

We were interrupted by Judah crying. I walked to him and picked him up.

"Shh..it's okay, Judah. I'm here."

He began to quiet down. I turned to see Jonah still sleeping.

"You named him after my father.", he stated with a grin.

"Yeah. Judah Isaiah and Jonah Michael."

"I love it. Can I hold him?"

I nodded. I placed Judah in his arms. He held Judah to his chest. I watched as he kissed his forehead.

"I missed another birth, Kira. We have five kids and I've only seen two of them be born."

"Yeah. I'm really tired of doing this by myself."'

"You'll never have to. Not again. I love you."

My heart fluttered, hearing him say those words once again. I smiled and walked over to Jonah, who was slowly waking up. I picked him up and sat on the couch. Luke sat next to me with Judah.

"Their eyes are so beautiful."

"They're perfect. Just like their mommy."

"Luke, they need you."

"They need us and we're gonna be there for them."

The door opened and Kaneshia, Olivia, Kylie, Kari, Kendall and Scar walked in.

"Mom, we're h-"

They froze in place for a minute until Kylie ran to us. She wrapped her arms around Luke's neck.

"Careful, baby."

"I miss you, daddy."

"I miss you too. I missed all of you. I'm so sorry for letting you down."

"We love you, dad. You didn't let us down.", Kari said as she sat next to us.

"I'll just go finish packing.", Kendall said and then he went upstairs.

Luke sighed and I smiled sadly at him. The babies began falling asleep, so Luke and I took them to the nursery. We made our way to our bedroom and I laid on the bed. I groaned.

"Tired?"

"Not really."

"What's wrong?"

"I sent a lawyer with the divorce papers because I was scared. We were alone. Luke, you walked out of here in handcuffs. What did you expect?"

"I expected my wife to wait for me."

"For how long? I didn't know when you were gonna come back. I looked it up and it said you could go to prison for up to 5 years. How are you out of j-"

"Some people owed me a few favors."

I nodded.

"So, my company is gone."

"Yes."

"Kira, I feel terrible. We have no money."

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?"

"I have this kind of runaway fund. I have a few grand in there."

"Runaway Fund?"

"Yeah. Incase, I needed to leave again."

"You saved money up, incase you needed to leave me? What about the kids?"

"I would've took them with me.It was a just incase kind of thing. I'm here, Luke."

"How much do you have saved?"

"13 thousand."

"You saved up 13 thousand for when you needed to leave me."

"Luke, let it go. I haven't used any of it."

"Where is it?"

"Under the bed."

He gaped at me. I walked to the edge of the bed. I pulled out my silver briefcase.

"I can't believe you. You could've left."

"But I didn't."

His upset expression slowly turned into a relieved one. I smiled at him.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"Kira, I've always had money. I don't know what to do without it."

"We don't need it. We just need each other. I have you, that's all I need."

"And you'll always have me."

I kissed him and melted in his arms.

This is where I always want to be. With him. With our family. I'll never be alone. It'll always be Kira and Luke. Til death do us part.

This story is coming to an end once again in about 2-3 chapters, but it's not entirely over. I am doing a few more books that are attached to this. I know for sure that I want to do a Kari and Rio story about how she breaks out in the real world with a broken heart from Scar leaving her and the crimes against her father being public knowledge . Rio is going to help Kari with her difficult time. I also want to do a Kaneshia story. I want it to be about her inner struggles and how she deals with them along with adjusting to moving away from her family for a new job. She also is fighting for sole custody of her 3 year old daughter, Olivia, with her ex husband, who is still trying to get her back. Updates may be slow because I have two other books: Wife Of A Mafia Boss, and Found. So, you can read those while waiting for this.It's just so hard to put something that you worked so hard for and loved so much to rest. This is my first story and it'll forever remain special. Thank you all for reading and going on this ride with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 3.7K 36
Jaleesa just moved out with her best friend Kendall as fresh adults into Miami. What happeneds when a sugar baby app goes wrong and she meets Kash? K...
39.3K 3.4K 41
After being abducted at the age of 3 and held for 6 years by a man she considered family, Mercedes life changed forever. Now at the age of 23, she'd...
1.7K 79 20
*UNDER MAJOR RECONSTRUCTION. I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12* "I feel safe when I'm closer to you." I said "You will always be close to me, and I will al...
8.1K 710 65
Jacob is a 25-year-old, rich, hard-headed young billionaire who has started his career very young. Right after his graduation! No time to cool off! M...