The Human Xenocide

By Lammalord

(For book 2 Search for "The Human Retaliation" by Freelove) Lilly was a normal girl, until one distraught day... More

Chapter One - Sobs
Chapter Two - Case of a Lifetime
Chapter Three - I can Read
Chapter Four - Look What I can Do
Chapter Five - That was Unexpected
Chapter Six - I can Control You
Chapter Seven - Sean
Chapter Eight - Doctor Visits
Chapter Nine - Mr. Germdols
Chapter Eleven - The Wizard
Chapter Twelve - Darth
Chapter Thirteen - Risen Sire Zee Colde
Chapter Fourteen - Bathroom Stall
Chapter Fifteen- Mistress and Sin
Chapter Sixteen - Here I am
Chapter Seventeen - Mr. President
Chapter Eighteen - Away from You
Chapter Nineteen - The Egyption Fort
Chapter Twenty - Fire in the Courtyard
Chapter Twenty-One - I Met the Devil
Chapter Twenty-Two - Damages
Chapter Twenty-Three - Loose Fingers and The Caravan
Chapter Twenty-Four - To Perm
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Freezing Cold
Chapter Twenty-Six - Wrath of Russia
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Everything Falls Apart
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Taking England
Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Bigger Picture
Chapter Thirty - Hostile Takeover
Chapter Thirty-One - Gun Games
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Road We Travel
Chapter Thirty-Three - Statistically Wartime
Chapter Thirty-Four - The most Important Human in the World
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Devil's Chessboard
Chapter Thirty-Six - The Art of Fighting Back
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Ending the World Together
Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Art of Losing the War
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Doom Bringer
Chapter Forty - Hopeful Slaughter
Chapter Forty-One - Bloody Retribution
Chapter Forty-Two - It's all in the Transcript
Chapter Forty-Three - The German Convention
Epilogue
Book Two - Teaser
Book Two - The Retaliation is Here
Update: Prequel, Tether: Abominations and Miscreations

Chapter Ten - Him

11.6K 288 15
By Lammalord

Lilly spent the night at Sean’s house again.  The next morning they both decided it was best to go to school and act as if the murder the night before never happened.  A substitute teacher showed up for their first period math class twenty minutes late.  When one of the students asked why she was late she told the class that Mr. Germdols never showed up and never called in sick.  Every hour that passed Lilly and Sean thought they would get caught. 

They could have left evidence at the house, or someone may have witnessed the murder.  But nothing happened.  The day ended with no news on Mr. Germdols and the weekend followed.  After the weekend, they both figured they were clear, no one came asking questions—no news showed up on a murder—nothing.  On Monday, they did their routine jump to the football field.  They walked onto campus holding hands and brushing their shoulders against each other as normal.

Lilly stopped walking as they neared the gym and other buildings at the back of the school and pulled Sean to a stop. 

“What is it?”  Sean asked, letting her drag him back.

“Look,” Lilly hushed him.  She was pointing past the school and into the distant street.

He could see police cars, and a lot of them.  They finally found the body.  “They don’t know it’s us,” he reassured her and continued walking.  The best plan was to walk onto campus just as confused and interested as the rest of the kids—to blend in.

So they walked to class.  Whispers blew through the school, but none directed at Sean and Lilly.  To be sure Lilly wanted to find out if the police knew anything.  She separated from Sean outside their math class and said, “I have to go to the bathroom.” He nodded and went into the classroom, the same substitute from Friday was waiting in front of the class.

She turned away from the classroom and towards the front of the school where the mass gathering of police stood.  She could listen into conversations from pretty far away; maybe she could eavesdrop and find something out.

“Where are you going?” a guy’s voice chuckled, echoing down the empty halls, “you think you’re everything.  You think you can outsmart everyone,” it continued.

She turned around.  A boy quite a bit older than her that she’d never seen before was walking down the hall, well over a hundred feet away.  Even from the distance she could tell he was way too old for high school.  He had black, thread like hair and green that had a slight brown hinge on the outsides of the pupils which created the slight appearance of fire.  He was slightly tanned with well-built leg muscles, he looked like he used to be a track runner.  His clothing was simple, gray pants and a grey shirt with several white crows on it.  His hands were resting in his pockets and he had a few noticeable lengthwise scars on the exposed parts of arms. 

Lilly had never seen him before.

He continued to walk towards her without slowing his pace.

“What do you want?” Lilly asked the guy.  Maybe he found out about the murder?  Good, she could stop word from spreading by influencing him to secrecy.  She changed her direction and headed towards him.

“What, have you changed your mind?” he perked up, smiling.  “Why don’t you go after your puny police friend’s girl?  They may know something you don’t.” For the first time she saw a tight knot of what looked like veins on the center of his neck.

She let her aura explode.  She’s going to force him to forget everything he learned then make him pay for talking against her.  Once they were about ten feet from each other she stopped and ordered him, “Stop!”

He didn’t stop.

He went up to her face and said, “You sure are bossy.”

“What!?”  Lilly said.  She could smell his breath.  It didn’t work?  He didn’t listen to her.

“Oh, what are you going to do now?” he continued to taunt her, “bite me?” he backed away and broke out laughing.  His laugh echoed through the empty halls.

“Who are you?” she asked coldly.

“You got a lot to learn, Darth.” He smiled at her.  A deep hum stuck in his last word.  DarthThe hum increased to a high pitch squeal which painfully rung in her ears.

Lilly put a hand up to one of her ears and an explosion of wind blew her off her feet along with a thunderous explosion of sound.  The force of the explosion rattled the classroom windows and tore the beanie off her head.  When she looked up for the mysterious boy, he was gone.

She quickly scrambled to her feet and ran for her beanie which had been blown across the hall.  She noticed no one left the classrooms to see what the noise was about.  As she adjusted her beanie on her head she glanced into one of the rooms.  A teacher was lecturing and the students where rapidly taking notes as if nothing happened outside.

Two police officers wandered around the building and into the hall Lilly was in.  “Shouldn’t you be in class?” the taller one shouted across the hall.

“Wait!  You’re that girl from the case last week.” The second one recognized her.  “You and your boyfriend were supposed to show up for questioning.  But never did, we need to talk.”

A distant ringing continued in the back of Lilly’s ears.  Some side effect from the explosion.  “No we don’t,” Lilly said with her controlling aura still out.  She felt an odd sensation in her head, then began to feel lightheaded.

“Yes we do.”  The officer glared back, “show me were your buddy Sean is.”

“No! I command you to forget about it!” she started to feel dizzy. Something was wrong.

The taller officer circled around her.  He grabbed one of her hands and yanked it behind her back.  “Don’t you go harassing an officer like that,” he said in a deep voice.

“Let go of me!” she pulled against the officer.  The world around her started twirling. She was having a hard time keeping herself on her feet.  She heard the officer clamp a metal cuff onto her wrist and felt him pull her other arm behind her back.

Lilly stopped trying to control them, it wasn’t working.  The ringing dulled but remained in her head as she wobbled under the officer’s mass.  Once she was securely cuffed, he said in a firm tone, “Where is your buddy Sean?” 

“Over there.”  Lilly swung her head in the general direction of her math class while trying to more importantly to balance herself.  The officers noticed she was having a hard time standing up.  Drugs?

Sean waited in the class for upwards of fifteen minutes by now.  He couldn’t concentrate on the math problems.  Lilly had been gone for quite a while.  He dropped his pencil when he heard Lilly out in the hall yelling, “Hey! Let go of me! Ouch, stop pushing! Let GO!!” A police officer entered the room and glazed over the students.  A few kids next to the windows stood up, to see who got arrested.

The officer was the same one he explained his story to before the weekend, he had forgotten to stop at the police station like told.  He looked down at his paper and closed his eyes.  He sighed as he heard the officer say “Sean,” as he spotted the one kid not trying to look out the window. Sean turned around and looked at the cop.

The officer pointed at Sean and asked, “Can you come with me?”

Sean snatched his bag off the floor and slid his book and papers into it.  Dragged out of his class by the cops, wonderful.

Both Lilly and Sean were pushed into the back of a police car.  Lilly was handcuffed, but Sean was not.  Sean looked at Lilly in disbelief as the car drove away from the school with the two officers in front.  “Low profile!” Sean hissed, “what do you know about low profile!?”

“Sorry,” Lilly said, trying to wiggle free from the cuffs.

“You got arrested!” Sean growled at her, “Arrested!  I thought you could control people!”

“I tried to tell them to leave me alone, and they didn’t like it.  I don’t know, maybe they’re immune?” Lilly responded, tugging uselessly at the cuffs, “here, help me get out.”

 “No, you’ve already caused enough trouble.”  Apparently getting arrested wasn’t enough for her.  He could tell she didn’t like being told what to do one bit.  She always liked to be the one in charge.

“Fine!”  Lilly turned to the window and went silent for the rest of the short trip.

The station they arrived at was one of the smaller police stations in town.  It had one temporary cell and was manned by less than twenty people.  The police car pulled into one of the first spots next to the door and the pair was ushered out of the car and into the station.  They winded through the lobby and through a locked door one of the officers opened.  After passing through a carpeted hall with white walls, they made a left and headed towards the single holding cell.  The cell was an office room transformed into a prison cell.  It had no windows and a barred gate a good ways from the wooden office door. The office door locked shut four feet into a small isle that made trying to reach the wooden door impossible.  The room itself was completely empty, four white walls and a white tile floor.

The gate was slammed shut and the door was locked.  They were alone.

“ARESSTED!?”  Sean shouted in disbelief once more.

Lilly, still handcuffed, spun around in a single circle and plopped down in the center of the room with her legs crossed.  “Yep! And I still can’t control anyone.”

“Why?”

“I can still hear the ringing in my head.”

“Okay?”  Sean considered, “Maybe you can’t control people when you get a headache?”  Sean leaned against the wall furthest from the door.

“See what happens when you’re bossy?” the voice wasn’t from Sean.  Lilly looked up from her cross-legged position.  The boy from the hall was leaning against the wall next to Sean.

“I’m not bossy!” Lilly reacted.

“I never said you were,” Sean responded to Lilly, fustrated.

“I take your power away for fifteen minutes and you get yourself arrested?” the boy continued, ignoring Sean, “that’s pretty impressive.”

“Who are you?” Lilly asked.

Sean looked around for a moment; he was the only one in the room.  “I think I’m still Sean?” he said.

“He can’t see me, because I don’t want him to,” the boy said.

“Sean, shush, I’m not talking to you.  There is a guy you can’t see standing right next to you.” Lilly said to Sean.

Sean looked at her in disbelief, “Oh that makes SO much more sense.”

“Who are you?”  Lilly asked, ignoring Sean again.

“I’m nobody.  A poor traveler just trying to find his way home,” he responded.

“Well Nobody.  What do you want with me?” Lilly said.

“You to get noticed.”

“Noticed?”

“Yes, by the wizards.”

“Wizards!?  You got to be kidding me!” Lilly mused.

“Yes, wizards.  They are the only people that can travel.  Just keep doing what you are doing.  Attract their attention. Try not to kill people you know so the trail won’t lead back to you.” The boy halted only for second to let his words sink in.  “Oh, and they have cameras in here, so yeah you look like you’re talking to yourself right now.”

Lilly felt the pressure in the room build up, her ears began to clog. Pop!  A torrent of wind exploded within the room, Lilly felt it ripping through her hair as she was blown out of her seated position and flat onto her back.

Sean saw that.  He pushed himself off the wall and ran over to help her up.  He lifted her into her seated position.  Once seated again Lilly shuck her head to get her hair out of her face and looked into Sean’s eyes.  She asked, “Do I look crazy right now?”

“A little,” Sean said truthfully.

Her tone turned serious, “The ringing is gone.”

“What just happened?” Sean was still stuck on the invisible guy.

“Shhh, they got cameras in here.”

They heard someone at the door.  A key turned in the door and it cracked open.  An officer entered the room and went to the barred door to open it as well.  It was the officer who interviewed Sean.  He was carrying a sheet of paper.

“I told you to both come in for questioning.  Yet you choose to ignore my summons.” the officer recited not moving his eyes from the papers, “then you,” he glanced up at Lilly then back to the paper, “decided to try and threaten an officer, then resist arrest.  Here are the results from the scene; do you know what they say?”

“Results?” Lilly questioned, she was never told about any tests.

“Yes, blood results.” The officer said.  Thousands of scenarios went through her head at once, what if they found something?

“You,” he pointed at Lilly, “have a severe lack of healthy blood cells.  As a matter of fact, these readings say you should be dead.” The word bounced around in Lilly’s head.

Lilly was hesitant to try and control the officer again, but decided to try a little more passively, “Mister, can you please take these cuffs off? They are starting to hurt.”

“Sure!”  The officer strolled over to Lilly.  He quickly stuck a metal key into the cuffs, unlocked them, and pulled them off. 

Lilly pulled her wrists in front of herself and rubbed them, “Thanks!  Also can someone destroy the tapes for this room? And make sure no one sees them?  I would hate for someone to see me talking to myself.”

The officer nodded in agreement.  Now she knew he was under her control.

“Can you destroy the blood sample, and lose the results?  Also, let us go.  Neither of us did anything wrong.”

The officer gladly opened the door and pointed to let them out of the cell.  Once they were in the lobby he finally talked, “I don’t know where the blood is.”

“Don’t worry about it, you can stay here and get rid of those tapes.”  The pair left, unnoticed.  Apparently police never discovered they committed the murder after all.

Vote to Support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 1.2K 3
This book has been removed from Wattpad.