Playing With The Pack (Book 2)

By Aaaliyshia04

"Don't you think it's time that you were honest with me?" I asked Jace as my anger rolled off of me in waves... More

1. Happy Birthday Spencer
2. What Are Hangovers For?
3. Please Don't Go
4. Nothing Lasts Forever
5. Stop Lying To Me
6. Where Did I Go Wrong?
7. Forgiving Is The First Step
9. This Is Just The Beginning
10. Packs
11. Hate It When You Go
12. Jinger
13. Shifting
NOT A CHAPTER !!!!
14. Sneaky Sheep
15. Evil Little Witches
16. Unmarked Territory
17. You Shouldn't Be Here
18. The Sisters
19. Beautiful Nightmare
20. Dead Witch Walking....Literally
21. Superwoman
22. Hillary
23. The Calm
24. Revelations
25. Child To Parent
NOT A CHAPTER (2021 AUTHOR'S NOTE)

8. Mysterious

15.2K 453 20
By Aaaliyshia04

Playing With the Pack

Chapter 8: Mysterious

Jace took my hand and led me upstairs into his office where this Alan guy was waiting.

Alan’s named was in Vanessa’s letter and I remembered him being the one who delivered the first letter to Jace.

I was not happy to see him.

He sat at Jace’s desk wearing a black leather jacket, black jeans, and a pair of combat boots.

There was something about him that didn’t sit well with me.

“Jace!” he said standing and holding his hand out, in which Jace shook.

“Hello Alan. What can I do for you?” Jace asked taking a seat in his Alpha chair in pulling me down in his lap.

Alan looked a little confused but just shook his head and slid a cream colored envelope across the desk. “I have this for you”.

“If this is a letter from Vanessa, I can’t take it. And if there will be anymore letters from her, I don’t want them so please don’t waste your time traveling all the way here for that purpose” Jace said.

“I don’t understand”.

“I have a mate and I think it is time to stop this lie. It was kept from many people over in Europe but not anymore. If we are going to destroy this beast, I want to do it knowing that I am an honest man and an honest Alpha. My beta’s feel the same way”.

“This is your mate?” Alan asked looking me over.

“Yes, this is my mate. Spencer”.

“But she’s human”.

“What’s your point?” Jace asked him.

Alan didn’t answer but instead, continued to look at me.

It was something about his gaze that seemed too familiar.

“Well then. I guess I should be heading out. I won’t bring anymore letters from Vanessa but I will leave this was here” he said pointing to the envelope before standing. “I will be on my way then”.

Jace nodded his head at him in an unspoken goodbye as Alan headed for the door.

I turned to Jace and smiled once Alan was gone. “You didn’t have to do that”.

“I wanted to do that. I love you and we are not going through this again over someone I care nothing about” he said kissing my neck.

It made me feel good to know that Jace felt this way. I didn’t want us to go through not talking and being away from each other. It would kill me.

“So where were we before we got interrupted?” He asked standing up and sitting me down on top of his desk.

“I don’t remember” I teased, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him closer to me.

He leaned down and pecked my lips. “Let me remind you”.

……………............................

“I just don’t think he deserves to be forgiven” Essence said.

I sighed and sat down next to her on the couch. “Do I really need to go into a whole best friend speech about how stubborn your being and use the lines you’ve used on me before when it came to Jace?”

She narrowed her eyes at me. “This is different”.

“Nope” I said popping the ‘P’. “This is the same, you just don’t want to believe it”.

“They kissed other woman Spencer”.

“Yeah and they didn’t want to. They are embarrassed for what they did and they need us by their side. They have never done anything to make us not trust them and they thought they were protecting us while protecting a whole country. I think they paid enough when they saw us leave and I told you everything I heard Jace saying earlier. I know it’s hard but they weren’t trying to hurt us on purpose Ess and you know that”.

“Maybe I do know that but I just can’t forgive him that easy. I can’t let him think that he can do stuff like this and I am going to say it’s ok just because we’re mates”

“I don’t know how much you’re going to believe me but I know they won’t do this again. I just have this feeling that after the storm, there will always be a rainbow”

“So the storm is over?”

“Ess, I don’t even think the storm has started” I said honestly.

My phone began to ring with ‘Grandma’ appearing across my screen. “Hello?” I answered.

I hadn’t spoken to her since my birthday and she never called on a regular day.

“Spencer. Hello, how are you?”“

Hey grandma. I’m pretty good, how about you?”

“I’m fine. I’m calling to see how you are. Making sure you and Jace are okay and that you’re happy?”

“Um… Jace and I are fine and yes I’m happy”.

“Ok dear. I won’t hold you up too long” she said.

“Oh no don’t worry-… hello?”

“Who was that?”

I removed the phone from my ear and looked at the screen. “It was my grandmother”

“Is something wrong?”

“I don’t know but that conversation was weird. I shouldn’t even call it that since all she did was question me”.

“Your grandmother has always been a little weird to me. And then the stuff we found out about Jinger didn’t help her case” Essence said playing with the ends of her hair.

“Yeah, I always thought that was weird. I still don’t even know everything about it. All I know is, Jinger refuses to go anywhere near her”.

“He rejected her. I mean, I don’t want to know what that feels like”.

“I bet Peter knows” I said sitting back onto the couch and getting back to the main topic.

“Oh really Spencer! Low blow” she said pouting in a joking manner.

“You know what I mean! Just us being here for a whole day and you not speaking to him, he’s hurt. I know we said they deserved it but I came to the realization that we are all mates. We have to learn to get through these things without using the silent treatment”.

Essence stood up and folded her arms across her chest. “You’re right and there is no denying that… but when the hell did you start to be the smart one in our relationship?”

“Hey!” I said kicking her in the butt with my foot. “Are you calling me dumb?”

“No” she said pulling me up from the couch. “I am saying that over the past years, you have changed a ton and it is good change. You aren’t the scared and timid little Spencer that I once knew”.

“I was scared and timid?”

“Maybe I’m being a little sarcastic but you lacked the confidence that you have now. You should be proud of yourself”

“Well I will start being proud of myself when you talk to Peter”

She sighed in exasperation and glared at me once more. “Fine. I will talk to him but I am not going to hold back. I am going to say exactly how I feel”.

“That’s all I ask” I said pushing her towards the staircase. “Now go”.

“I’m going, I’m going” she said heading up the stairs.

I laughed as I walked back to the couch and took a seat. It had been a long day and as the sun began to finally set, I was excited at the thought of sleeping next to Jace.

There was the sound of claws against the hardwood floor as Jinger made his way into the living room.

He began barking obnoxiously as soon as he saw me.

“Jinger what’s wrong?” I asked confused.

He continued to bark, spinning around in circles.

This dog was losing his mind.

“What’s the matter?” I tried asking again.

He could understand me but since I couldn’t understand him, this was hard.

I watched as he stopped his circling and continued to bark.

His small body began to shake.

“Jinger! Whoa, are you okay?” I asked beginning to freak out.

“What’s going on?” Taylor asked coming into the living room.

“I don’t know! Something is wrong with Jinger” I said watching him as he shook harder.

“Oh. My. God” Taylor said looking stunned. “Is this even possible?”

“What the hell is wrong with him?”

__________________________

Jace POV

I threw the ball against the wall and put my hands up ready to catch it as it bounced back. For the last hour, I had been doing this.

“… I don’t know how many times I can apologize to her. I want her to forgive me so bad. It is bad enough she was gone for a day and not speaking to me. But with her here and not speaking to me… it’s worse”.

Sighing, I caught the ball once more and sat up from my laying position. “This has been the longest hour of my life. I hate to break it to you Peter man, but you’re starting to sound like a chick and it’s scaring me”.

“That’s only because you and Spencer made up. If she was still mad at you, you would be joining in on this conversation right now. And so would Taylor”.

“I didn’t call you a chick” Taylor said suppressing a laugh.

I couldn’t argue with him on that. Thinking about the things we did in my office not too long ago had me smiling from ear to ear.  Making up with Luna was out of this world. “Okay, you may have a point but I still think you sound like a chick”

“Besides, there is still so many things we need to deal with. How about the fact that Vanessa is still sending you letters, or what we are going to do about them knowing everything in Europe. And we can’t forget the fact that we are going to have to go back to Europe soon. What about our relationships then?”

“You were always the logical one Einstein” Peter said taking the ball from me and throwing it at the wall.

There was knock making the three of us look towards the front entrance of the game room.

“We need to talk” Essence said looking at Peter.

He looked a little caught off guard before tossing the ball to me and walking out with Essence.

“Well there’s that” Taylor said with an amused chuckle.

“The only thing is I don’t know if she’s going to yell at him or forgive him. Essence is one tough human” I joked.

“So man, what are you going to do about the letter? You going to read it or leave it alone?”

“I want to leave it alone because I want everything that involves Vanessa to be behind me but Spencer thinks I should read it”.

“She does?” Taylor asked looking shocked.

“Yeah. I’m thinking about reading it and having Spencer there with me. I don’t want any more secrets”.

“Yeah, I think reading it with her there is a good idea. I just want the problem in Europe to be fixed. I don’t know how we are going to do it with no connection to the sisters but I’m willing to try”.

“I think it’s selfish of them not to want to help when they have the cure right there. The want nothing to do with the problem so they just keep letting it get worse” I said running a hand through my hair.

This situation wasn’t getting any better and our connections in Europe thought it would be best if we headed back over as soon as possible. This wasn’t easy for any of the packs since that meant the Alpha and Beta’s would have to up and leave their packs once again.

“I talked to Eric today and it seems as though we aren’t the only ones who had problems with their Luna’s”.

“What’s going on with them?” Taylor asked.

“Well he said Claire was mad at him about something and Justin said things haven’t been easy with him and Megan either”.

“That’s so weird. They didn’t have to do what we did when we were all down there”.

“Yeah. I don’t know what that’s about but I just want everything to be fixed”.

Taylor shook his head and stood up. “I’m gonna go grab something to eat. Want anything?”

“I’m okay for now” I answered.

Taylor walked out leaving me to be alone with my thoughts.

I didn’t know what to do but think about the situation that we were dealing with.

Toxico was a big deal right now and I didn’t want to hear of anymore deaths.

The kid who was infected was not in his normal state of mind and I felt bad for him. This was not going to end well and if we didn’t stop him, there would be no hope for the wolves all across the world.

This beast’s mission was to destroy them all.

‘COME INTO THE LIVING ROOM!’ Taylor’s voice screamed through mind link.

I jumped up in alarm and quickly made my way into the living room where Spencer and Taylor were kneeled down next to Jinger.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“He just tried to shift?” Spencer said looking up at me with wide eyes.

“What!?” I asked. “Human form?”

“Yeah!” Taylor said.

Jinger lay on the floor with his tongue hanging out, panting.

I bent down next to him sending him a mind link.

‘Shifting?’ I asked him.

‘Trying’.

I was the only one who could speak to Jinger due to my position as the Alpha for this pack. Any other wolf who tried wouldn’t be able to get through to him.

Unless they were an Alpha.

‘What made you?’

‘Something is wrong. Something is wrong in Europe’.

‘I know something is wrong but how do you know?’

‘I can feel things. I don’t know what exactly is going on but we are not safe’.

I looked at him in horror. How would he know this? ‘How can you help me?’

‘You need to go back to Europe’.

I stood up and looked at Taylor. ‘Send a mind link to the pack for a meeting in the morning. I have to make some important calls. We have to go back to Europe and this time we don’t have a choice’.

Taylor nodded and picked Jinger up. “I’m going to take him to Emmanuel and see what he can do.

“Alright”.

“What’s going on?” Spencer asked grasping my shirt.

“Well Jinger just tried to shift into his human form. He has never tried because he thought he couldn’t but something is giving him the ability to. He hasn’t gotten it yet but it’s possible he can be human and dog” I said.

Spencer shook her head. “This still confuses me”.

“I know, but these things are true”.

“So Jinger just tried to shift into his human form. Why? After all this time, why now?”

‘Something over in Europe. He said something isn’t right and we aren’t safe. I’m going to have to figure this out. It’s late and everyone about ready to go to bed so I called a meeting for tomorrow morning. I don’t know how to tell you this Spence, but I might have to make a trip to Europe”.

“I knew you had to go back eventually. Look, how about we talk about it tomorrow before the meeting” she said taking my hand and leading me upstairs to our bedroom.

The two of us changed clothes and laid in the bed.

I held her as tight as possible still not believing that she was here. “I missed this”.

“Me too babe” she said resting her head on my chest.

There was a long pause before she spoke again. “Babe, can I ask you something?”

“You can ask me anything”

“What do you think is so bad over in Europe that made Jinger try to shift?”

“I don’t want to scare you Spence” I said turning my body so that I was completely facing her. “But Jinger wants nothing but to protect you and whatever is going on, he says we aren’t safe”.

“So someone is trying to get me?”

“I won’t let that happen”.

“You can’t stop everything Jace. I know you want to but you can’t” she said kissing my chest.

“When it comes to you I can”.

“Let’s stop talking about it and get some sleep” she said pecking my lips quickly.

We could stop but I was still thinking about it.

If someone was trying to hurt Spencer again, they were dead.

And I meant that literally.

**A/N: Hey guys! SO who the heck is snowed in with me? it's a good thing and a bad thing huh. lol. Weeeeeell i hope you all like this chapter. It's sort of a filler but it is also very important. SO let me know what you all think about it. Please excuse the many many mistakes  because this isn't edited. aaahhh.

And this is dedicated to @Mel0dies for loving this book and the first one. You are awesome :))

Vote and COmment everyone :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 1 13
"I know about Amanda. Meet me at the gas station on 76 at 3:00pm to pick up your shit. Have fun dating her." Satisfied with the text, she pressed se...
103K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
11.6M 318K 34
"Will you be mine?" he asked me in a husky voice. I stared at him apprehensively for a moment, thinking over his proposal carefully before finally se...
2M 48.1K 26
I stopped running as i entered a clearing, sitting back on my haunches when suddenly i smelled the most amazing scent. "MATE" my wolf screamed at me...