Mr. and Mrs. Executive

By the_rebellionxx

Everything was perfect. Nora had married the love of her life and everything had to be smooth sailing after t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
New Story!
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)

Chapter 22

84.8K 3.4K 297
By the_rebellionxx

Nora James P. O. V

Anxiousness gnaws at my stomach and I lightly bite the inside of my cheek as we all walk into the foyer of the huge bricked building.

"I still don't really understand what's going on?" Ben asks in confusion as he brushes past all of us, leading the way to his office but still looking back at us, over his shoulder.

I stay quite as apprehension starts to make its appearance as well now.

I know something is clearly not right, I can feel it.

Everything seems a bit....off in a way.

Nobody seems to want to answer Ben who huffs in indignation and focuses his sole attention on leading the way instead.

I glance at Alexander who still has his hand wrapped around mine but this time it's tight, not enough to hurt but enough to show that he doesn't seem to keen on the turn of events either.

Walking through the dimly light hallway, I notice the lack of people in the building.

The only person was the attendant at the desk who has a bored look on his face, playing with his tie.

Finally Ben stops abruptly at a glass framed door and hurriedly unlocks it, motioning us to enter into the small quaint looking office.

All five of us barely fit in here.

"What exactly do you need in here?" Ben asks, looking at all of us for clues on our faces.

Hell I am just as lost as he is.

"Where was Sam sitting exactly and did he touch anything" Alexander asks rummaging through the files and papers on the desk.

Soon enough Damien strides further into the small room and starts to run his hand over the edge of the table, concealed from view.

I glance over at Greg who shrugs and looks as confused as me.

"Um," Ben says as he tries to think were exactly Sam had been throughout the office, "Well he was sitting there in that seat and then he-"

Ben gets cut off as Damien pulls his hand back emerging with a small black circular weird looking device.

"Is that-"

"Yes." Alexander huffs as he walks over to Damien taking the small device from his hand and examining it.

"It's a covert listening device, commonly known as a bug or wire." Damien answers fluidly noticing our still confused gazes.

"Like the FBI, NCIS ones?" Greg asks in fascination.

Damien narrows his eyes slightly but nods his head.

"He left his number and address as well if you need that." Ben speaks up meekly.

I swivel my head round to see him looking sheepish as I give him a blank look.

Alexander nods his head as Ben makes his way to the desk, pulling out various pieces of paper then finally pulling out a black leather notebook.

"It's all in here." Ben mutters as he hands it over to Alexander who scans through it while I look over his shoulder as he lands on the appropriate number.

"Things have definitely gotten interesting."

***********

Yawning, I lean against the balcony railing taking in the sight of the beautiful view of London with all the sparkling lights and busy streets even at this hour.

Alex comes from behind me and pulls me into him, "We need to talk."

My eyebrows raise automatically as I lean into him.

"That doesn't sound serious at all." I murmur sarcastically as I nuzzle further into him as I turn to face him, the cold nipping at my arms as the winter chill settled in.

Alexander rolls his eyes as he tugs me back into the room of the suite and closes the balcony doors behind us.

He leads me to the sofa set and plops himself down and then pulls me into his lap, pulling me to his chest.

"I can't wait for this baby to be born." Alex murmurs against my head as he lays his hand against my stomach.

It's probably my imagination but I can very faintly see the slight bump whenever I glance at myself in the mirror.

Though I have to admit I have to squint my eyes quite a bit to actually see.

"You'll be a great dad," I whisper in a hushed voice though it's only the two of us, "a little too over protective sure but nonetheless a great dad." I say jokingly.

Alexander replies with an ear splitting grin as he pecks me on the lips.

The both of us sit in silence some more, each one of us calm and content being wrapped up in one another's arms.

"Will we be going sightseeing?" I question almost excitedly, breaking the silence as I stare into his eyes almost pleading.

"Ugh babe," Alex says almost pouting, we're here on important business."

I jut my lower lip out but still nod my head in agreement.

"That's fine. I'll just go by myself then I guess," purposefully letting out a long sigh, I continue, "I've heard British guys are really cute, especially with the accent and all."

My teasing tone doesn't seem to register in his head as he narrows his eyes at me in a silent challenge before he huffs.

"Tomorrow wake up on time and I'll take you out sightseeing." Alexander grumbles out much to my pleasure and enjoyment.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask once again as the silence had settled back in.

Alexander's brow furrows in confusion as he looks at me.

"When we were on our way to the suite." I say clarifying.

When we were coming up, he and Damien had some weird conversation, glancing at me out of the corners of their eyes which obviously made me suspicious on what they were talking about.

"Oh." He says back, tensing almost immediately before relaxing as I nuzzle my face in his neck, his arms tightening around my waist.

"It's bit my place to exactly tell you this actually I shouldn't be telling you any of this but I need you to know at least the gist of the situation so you don't venture into this whole issue completely blind."

I nod my head in understanding and as bad as it is, I really want to know.

"It's about Damien," Alex says almost tersely, "I know you don't know each other and that's maybe for the best regarding his past and-"

Noticing the bewildered look on my face Alexander shakes his head, cutting off mid sentence.

"That's a story for another time but trust me he's a good guy."

"Oh." Is all I say not venturing any further.

Hell all I thought was that he had an attitude problem.

"You need to talk about this to Damien if you want for further... details I guess but he's more involved in this more than you think.

"Yeah I mean they're brothers." I say with a straight face.

How more involved could you get?

"Trust me babe, there's a whole shitload of stuff you don't know but I think that's enough for now. Food?" Alexander says as he motions for me to get up and then grabbing my hand.

Completely ignoring my narrowed eyes and gaping mouth.

"You can't just start a conversation like that and just drop it!" I say in indignation.

"Watch me." He says with a smirk as he picks up his ringing phone.

Damn it.

I need to talk to Damien about all of this.

This just made me a thousand times curious and I need to know what's going on.

Well I mean if Damian does decide to tell me anything.

-------------
AN: Hi everyone! Hope you like the chapter. Thank you all so much for getting me to so many followers. Y'all are amazing! Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.4K 80
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...
2.8M 103K 50
I hesitated. Then sighed. "What would I have to do?" "Marry me." ______________ Lucian King doesn't care about anyone. The only thing that he cares a...
2.1M 62.3K 31
Who knows what an elevator ride with a dangerously sexy man can do to your heart. Meeting charmers was a part of Nora's daily life. But never in a m...
76.2K 3.5K 48
{BAD GIRL-GOOD BOY ROMANCE} A survival instinct turns into a seduction game. ∆∆∆ The last thing Parker Hayes wan...