the ice queen | hatake kakashi

By nu-clear

She didn't expect her return to Konoha to change her life at all. Especially the fact that her deepest secret... More

prologue
01 ; a new jounin
02 ; the first encounter
03 ; a hidden gift
04 ; the curse within
05 ; the cruel reality
06 ; a big decision
07 ; of sudden changes
08 ; of new worries
09 ; the mysterious ninja
10 ; of blossoming feelings
11; the kunoichi's birthday
12 ; the unexpected abduction
13 ; a surprise present
14 ; plans, plans, plans
15 ; a simple date
16 ; a simple dance
17 ; an abandoned tale
18 ; the truth unveiled
19 ; a longing reunion
20 ; the odd genin
21 ; the final stage
22 ; the nightmares begun
23 ; abundance of thoughts
24 ; a glimpse of reality
25 ; a new duty
26 ; that typical heartache
27 ; a rising hope
28 ; in building strength
29 ; a sacrifice made
30 ; the final countdown
31 ; the fourth war
32 ; a confrontation made
33 ; the legendary fight
34 ; a monster unleashed
35 ; an oath swore
36 ; rise of a silhouette
37 ; of lucid dreams
38 ; bizarre differences
39 ; little wild flower
40 ; post shinobi war
41 ; lost of trust
42 ; stress and pressure
43 ; no better than
45 ; a surprising news
46 ; resolutions
47 ; redemption
48 ; tiger moth
49 ; lucky strike
50; jingo jungle
51; sing to the sky
52; and rise again
53; come back
54: at last
55; moon night
56; 帰り道
57; サヨナラの意味
58; the end of nightmares
59; 好きと言わせたい
60; epilogue
book 2!!!

44 ; strangers

4.4K 154 190
By nu-clear

OH GOD IM SORRY FOR THAT SUDDEN TWIST HAHAHAHAHA I WOKE UP TO SCREAMS SNORTS I LOVE THIS CONCEPT
anyway please read while listening to this version of No Better Than Stranger (Yein + Jisoo version GOODNESS I NEED A HQ MP3)
-------------------

Crap, That was the only thing that he could thought of when he saw Nami in front of him. He was usually a light sleeper, how could he not hear someone breaking the door. "Nami, it's not what it looks like." Oh crap, she's crying. He arranged his words carefully, scared that he might hurt her more.

"So it is true," She croaked out a sentence. Her whole body shook intensely, the tears ran down endlessly down her cheeks. The temperature of their surrounding continued to drop as a sudden wind suddenly appeared. Nami was unstable, and so were her powers.

"Nami, please calm down. You're powers-" The heartbroken princess threw Iruka outside before she replaced the broken door with an ice door. The chuunin tried to break the door, only to end up hurting his hands. He could only pray that his friend would be okay.

"It's... a long story." Kakashi softly whispered. Cautiously he pulled the blanket upwards, trying to cover the woman's body beside him. "You've been gone for so long, Nami. Do you know what it feels like to be lonely?"

"That's just nonsense, Hatake." Kakashi couldn't help but notice the venomous tone when she called his surname. "I go back to Konoha every two weeks! We talked a lot every time we're together!! But then again... she must have won your heart, I guess. You've changed a lot since I first returned back to Konoha."

"No! Not at all-"

"Then why didn't you tell me about your trip on a flying thing with her before you became Hokage?" The room was now covered completely with ice and snow. Nami glared at the still figure beside Kakashi, half of her soul wants to tear the woman to pieces- her age be damned. "You could have told me, Kakashi. Why didn't you?"

Kakashi felt a pang of guilt upon hearing how heartbroken Nami sounded like. No, he didn't mean to break that fragile heart he sworned to protect. Things just got.... haywire. "I- I-"

"I didn't want you to know." They both turned to the woman beside Kakashi, now fully awake as she tries to cover herself with the blanket. "It's an honour to meet you, my Queen. Although... I wished we met in a more decent situation. I'm Kahyo, Head Warden of Hozuki Castle."

"Why didn't you want me to know, if you don't mind me asking?"

The wind became nastier, the strong blows breaking the glass windows. The tears didn't stop either as Nami remained still, waiting for an answer.

Kahyo shifted her position, hand still holding her blanket in a sad attempt to cover herself decently. "Imagine being in a malfunctioning ship, my queen. With Death knocking at your door, you lost so many things in life, we all want to remember the good things before dying, right?" Kahyo held Kakashi's hand tightly. Her actions indeed sparked the fury of the queen as the windows cracked under the high pressure of the wind.

"Nami... calm down.." Kakashi tried to take the latter's hand. She pushed him away immediately. Her heart was stone cold, and so was her body. She felt like she was losing all control of her body.

Is this how falling into an abyss feels like?

"We kissed in the aircraft," Kahyo's monotonous voice tempted her to slice her throat and threw it outside the room. "I wouldn't take all the blame though, Kakashi himself did look interested when he saved me while I was boarding the aircraft. Right, Kakashi?"

The Hokage, who was silent all this time gulped. He made eye contact with the woman in front of him. How would he respond to Kahyo's statement now? He gazed into the sapphire eyes, the same eyes he had fallen for a few years ago.

Why did that memory of his seemed like it was from another lifetime now?

"I....I was lonely, can't you understand? Every time I needed someone to be there for me, you'll be thousands of miles away in your ice kingdom. Heck, who knows you might be hooking uo with Kōri-"

"So now you're accusing me of goofing off with someone??!?" An icicle appeared in front of Kakashi. Nami felt her body suddenly started to warm up. Crap, she hasn't overused her powers for a long time. This isn't going to look good. Her mind brought her back to when she knew that Kōri was a servant back in her castle. Her hands shook even more.

"Who knows? You do speak of him fondly." Kahyo managed to save Kakashi from an ice dagger that was thrown towards his neck. "My Queen, I think you're overreacting-" The glare she received shut Kahyo's mouth immediately.

"I... I've been suffering from two idiots who wants to rule my kingdom their way, lost to ask for advice since my whole family is dead and been terribly homesick because I miss you and you think I'm cheating???!?? I'm hurt, Hatake." Sweat began to trickle down Nami's body- she's almost at her limit. "I thought you were better than this."

"My Queen, allow me to speak for once." Kahyo shivered as the room's temperature had reached the freezing point. "Let Kakashi choose one of us. Instead of going back and forth with this verbal war.. let's see who he wants to be with in the end." They both looked at Kakashi. In a way, they resembled each other well, yet they're very different from each other. The Hokage let out his hand to grip Nami's hand..

Only for his other hand to hold Kahyo's first. "I think we need to take a break, Nami... It's for our own good."

"A break?" Her words were soft, hiding the last shed of humanity in her ice heart. "Well then, a break it is- even though we've been separated for sometime now but.. a break it is."

Iruka screamed when the ice door cracked. A loud boom could be heard from inside. The chuunin's stomach churned with worried. What happened???? Hastily he ran inside once again, body shivering as the temperature hit an all time low.

"Nami?? Nami!!!" Iruka's teeth chattered as he looked around for the queen. Nami was gone, but she left an impact to those she had left.

Icicles were everywhere- surrounding the Hokage and his companion beside him. One made way to his left hand- which was holding the woman's hand. Iruka saw blood oozing out and was disgusted. "What did you do, Kakashi?"

"You promised me you'll take good care of her."

---

She eventually reached the docks and hopped on on the last boat to the Snow Islands. Nami was sure she was coming down with a fever, the heat inside her screamed at her- a punishment for overusing her powers again. Her hood covered her face completely but she couldn't dare to ask for help from anyone.

'It's so hot...' Nami was on the verge of collapsing. Before her head could hit the ground, a soft pair of hands had catched her first. "Are you sick, my child? You're burning." Nami looked directly at the eyes of her saviour. The sapphire shined under the moonlight... could it be....

"I need... water..." Ugh, she hated when her voice was hoarse. The figure nodded, taking out a bottle and handed it to her in an instance. She gulped everything down, not caring of the taste or contents at all. "Thank.. you.." Her eyes felt heavy all of a sudden while her mind was shutting down. Unconscious, she slumped against the figure who held on to her tightly.

"Tch, my Queen, I thought you were an elite jounin." The figure pulled his own hoodie down. "I can't believe this is the same person I saw during the Chuunin exams. What a weakling." He placed a finger on his queen's lips, taking in the beauty in front of him. "You know, it was a pain disguising as a child. The things I do for you."

"Ah, but don't worry. We'll make you become the stone cold ice queen you were always destined to be." He placed a soft kiss on her lips, there'll never be a chance for him to do this again, might as well take advantage.

------
DUN DUN DUNNNNN

I'm sorry I made Kakashi a pain in the neck here but we all love some snap from Nami right HUHUHU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 166 23
This is a story about a teenage girl who was tasked with the job to go and protect what's needed to be protected in the Naruto verse and maybe have s...
7.9K 249 61
A journey of self discovery brings the two close friends together. Kakashi Hatake the Savior and only close friend of Princess Miyano Nazakawa. Will...
6.2K 311 19
Ohayō! You're a 28 year old Jonin living in the Hidden Leaf Village. You've always played things by the book, never straying from what you were taugh...
36.6K 874 19
SEASON 2 OF KAKASHI LOVE STORY~ (Kakashi X Reader) After what happened at the mission , you and Kakashi are getting closer to each other. You guys a...