(EDITING) Under A Lonely Moon

Per TanyaHasNoLife

Zak, a twenty year old boy, is forced to move out of his childhood home after his mother remarries. He moves... Més

Hi All
Chapter One: Zak's POV
Chapter Two: Zak's POV
Chapter Three: Zak's POV
Chapter Four: Zak's POV
Chapter Five: Nova's POV
Chapter Six: Novas POV
Chapter Seven: Novas POV
Chapter Eight: Zaks POV
Chapter Nine: Split POV
Chapter Ten: Zaks POV
Chapter Eleven: Zaks POV
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Part Twenty Five
Part Twenty Six
Part Twenty Seven
Part Twenty Eight
Part Twenty Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty One
Part Thirty Two
Part Thirty Three
Part Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Part Thirty Six
Part Thirty Seven
Part Thirty Eight
Part Thirty Nine
Part Fourty

Chapter Twelve: Nova's POV

6.8K 239 21
Per TanyaHasNoLife

Nova's P.O.V

I watched as my little mates body went limp with a forced sleep. My wolf whined not liking the sight of his mate drugged up to calm him down. Why did he even become like this in the first place? Not wanting to dwell here too long, I turned to Doc, the Pack doctor, thanked him and left with Zak curled protectively into my chest, making my way to my room.

"How is he?" My mothers voice whispered from the doorway as I lay Zak down carefully on my bed, pulling the covers over him.

"Doc gave him something to make him sleep. He said he should be fine when he wakes up." I told her and she smiled a little at me but I didn't return it. Something had gotten him frightened, I'd felt it, but I didn't know what it was. I felt so terrible for making him sleep when he didn't want to. But he wasn't calming down at all. "Can we have some time alone please mom?"

"Of course sweetie. Call me when he wakes up and I'll bring you two something to eat alright." She said softly and left when I nodded.

Turning back to my mate I ran my fingers through my tangled hair in frustration before crawling under the covers next to him. I snuggled him into my chest as he whimpered and whined in his sleep. This continued on and off for a couple hours before it gradually got worse. His body shook and would jerk occasionally telling me that he was probably having a nightmare. He was very restless and at that moment I regretted deeply making him sleep.

"Sshh, baby. Your safe. I'm here." I pulled him even closer to me and whispered sweet nothings into his ear, my fingers idly twirling strands of his hair between them. I wanted him to calm down, but nothing seemed to be working. "Zak?" I whined as he screamed suddenly. When he continued to whimper and toss around the bed I ran to the door, flung it open and yelled for my parents hoping they could help me calm him down. I turned back to my mate as he lay trembling on my bed. He looked like he was in pain and I didn't know what to do to make it stop.

"Nova what's wrong!?" My father asked as he raced through the open door, panting a little breathless from running with my mother close behind.

"I-I don't know." I began before being cut off by another scream from my mate. I sank to my knees at his side, tears falling from my eyes out of sheer frustration on not being able to help him when he was so distressed. "Why is he screaming?" I asked frantic as my mate continued to whimper and cry out. "Help him. Please dad." I pleaded looking into his eyes.

"I'll go get Doc." My mom said running out of the room.

"Nova, sit him in your lap. You being so close may help to calm him a little." Father said. He was at a loss too. His eyes showing worry for my mate.
I did as he suggested, even though I knew it wouldn't work as I was just lying next to him holding him to me and he still was freaking out. Either way I cradled his now feverish body to mine, rocking slightly. It didn't work of course. My eye flashed to my fathers in desperation.

"Whats wrong?" Doc came running through the door with my mother trailing close behind. He looked down at Zak's trembling form curled in my arms and sighed.

"What are you sighing for!" I growled. I was pissed that he dared show this sort of attitude towards my mate. Doc turned and spoke to my father before leaving the room, which pissed me off even more.

"Calm down Nova. He'll feel your emotions." Mother soothed coming to sit next to me, placing a gentle hand on my back.

"Sorry." I mumbled as Doc returned with another syringe and bottle. He filled he syringe and made a move towards us.

"What do you think your doing with that." I growled, making him stop in his tracks.

"Its to wake him back up." He said plainly, offering no other explanation.

His attitude was really starting to grate on me. I felt my mother rub her hand across my back, telling me to calm down.

"Doc your attitude needs to start changing. He's Nova's mate, your future alpha, now show some respect and treat him properly." My father growled, his alpha authority coming out in full,which was a rare thing as he like to remain calm. He only really had to be like that when we were under attack or when he gave out punishments.

It gave me satisfaction to see Doc cower slightly as his alpha growled. "My apologies alpha. I didn't mean any disrespect." He grumbled apologetically before coming to kneel beside the bed, taking Zak's arm a little more roughly than he should've, before emptying the syringe into him.

It seemed to have an immediate affect as Zak stopped whimpering and instead began shifting uncomfortably in my arms. His eyes fluttered open and settled on Docs face. In shock he ripped his arm out of Docs grip, grabbing a fistful of my shirt and cowering into me whimpering. His body shook lightly and I knew he was crying. It broke my heart.

"Zak, sweetie, what's wrong?" My mother asked before I had a chance, stroking my mates hair softly.

"H-hurts." He gasped. Tears fell endlessly from his half closed eyes as he snivelled and whimpered in my arms.

"What hurts honey?" She cooed, looking at me in confusion. I arched a brow at her, opening my mouth to respond with several things that could be hurting him at that moment, but Zak cut me off.

"B-burns. Nova." He sobbed out. I sighed out of sadness as this eliminated all other options on what could've been hurting him.

"Alright baby, lets make it better, okay?" I cooed down at my trembling mate. "Mom could you grab me some towels and a bowl of cold water from the bathroom please." I said gently as I stood carefully before turning to place Zak back onto the bed. He refused to let go of my shirt once again so I knelt beside the bed awkwardly so he could leave his hand where it was. I stroked and petted his hair and face, trying to soothe him a little while I waited for my mom to grab the items I needed.

"Whats wrong with him Nova?" Father asked a little puzzled as he came to stand at the foot of my bed, giving us some room and not wanting to overcrowd Zak.

I sighed. I dreaded this conversation, which was why they didn't know yet. He is going to flip when I tell him. With a deep breath I began, "He was attacked by a wolf a couple months back. I almost lost him." My voice cracked at the end at the memories of his bloodied and beaten body that still haunted me. "Ever since he's healed the scars will burn and cause him pain sometimes. They usually do this when he's stressed or not feeling well." I explain.

He didn't have a chance to respond before my mother came rushing back. "Here you are darling. I added a bit of ice to help cool the water down some more. Need any help?" I thanked her before nodded yes and asked her to start wetting the towels while I took his cardigan and shirt off and managed to carefully wrestle him out of his jeans. I ensured his private areas were covered with a blanket, knowing he wouldn't appreciate being only in his boxers in front of my mom. He whimpered and whined the whole time but didn't move or relax his grip on my shirt. As my mother turned around to hand me the wet towel she gasped when she saw his scarred torso. "Oh my god! What happened to him!" She covered her mouth with her hands in shock, tears wetting her eyes.

A loud rumbling growl echoed around the room, "Who did this to him Nova," my father growled, clearly very pissed that someone had hurt my mate. Not only my mate but a member of his pack. It made me feel happy knowing they both cared so much for him even though they've only just met him.

"Derek." I said knowing the response I would get and my father didn't disappoint. He snarled and growled as he stormed out of he room with a look that would make the devil himself cower. My father didn't tolerate abuse or violence amongst pack members and it was actually a punishable offence. Disagreements were sorted out quickly but violence was a rare occurrence within the pack. He and his father had worked hard to create this atmosphere within our pack and it was something I would be continuing with.

Bringing my attention back to the task at hand I took a towel from my mother before showing her what to do. "Just put the towels over the scars, it'll cool them down and he will relax a little. Micky said it's most likely just a psychological pain that the traumatic experience has left behind. There's nothing physical to suggest that they're burning him as they don't feel hot to the touch." I explained softly as I glanced over at her. She had such a pained look in her eyes as she looked at my little mate while gently placing a wet towel over his scars.

"Why would he do such a thing?" She whispered in utter disbelief.

I shook my head, "he wanted revenge for Tina's death. He blames it on me so he wanted me to feel the pain of loosing a mate too."

"But that," she began but I cut her off.

"Wasn't my fault right. He wouldn't listen and to be honest I understand why he's so angry. I would be too I guess. Whether it was my fault or not, I'm the only reason for his pain as far as he can see." I muttered, not really wanting to talk about the subject anymore.

After a few minutes Zak stirred, groaning, "N-Nova," he mumbled as his eyes fluttered open. He looked up at me with these innocent green eyes that melted my heart.

I smiled softly at him as his fingers stiffly released my shirt. "How are you feeling?" I leant over and kissed his forehead as I took his hand in mine and gently massaged the stiffness away.

"B-better t-thank y-you." His voice was shy and nervous, just like when I first met him. I couldn't help but chuckle at his cuteness.

"Are you hungry sweetie?" Mother asked him and he nodded. She smiled deeply and went to get us something to eat.

"What happened earlier? What scared you so much to put you in that state?" I asked gently stroking his soft hair.

He fidgeted a little. "C-can I," he began but stopped, his cheeks flushing red.

"Can you what?" I purred, knowing very well that he was trying to avoid the question.

"H-have a k-kiss." He mumbled and looked away from me, even his ears burned red.

I chuckled and pulled his face back towards mine and pressed my lips to his smiling as he pulled me closer, knotting his fingers in my long hair, pulling at it gently. A small cough made me pull away from him and look towards the door. Melanys small frame stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do as she shuffled from foot to foot. I chuckled. "You alright Mel's?"

She took that as an invitation to come inside and stood in front of me. "Mommy said Zak was hurt so I brought him this to make him feel better." She said holding out her hands, showing me what she'd brought.

I smiled at my little sister and motioned for her to come sit on my lap so she could see Zak better. "Zak, Mel's has something for you." I smiled as he looked at us a little dazed. He was tired but I knew he didn't want to sleep yet, or anytime soon, so I didn't press the matter.

"This is to make you feel better. Mommy always gives me one when I have a ouchie and I feel better." She smiled sweetly at him, placing the small round piece of chocolate into his hand. A smile spread across his lips as he held up the chocolate. It was shaped in a smiley face and my mother would give Melany one when she fell or was feeling upset. It was to help calm her cries and to brighten her mood and it's worked wonders and become a norm for us.

"T-thank y-you." Zak croaked and munched gratefully on the small bit of chocolate.

"Feel any better?" She pried.

We chuckled and Zak nodded, "much better thank you Mel." Satisfied she left us alone, her job done in her eyes, but I knew that that was far from the truth.

"So you gonna tell me what had you so scared earlier?" I whispered, my head lying beside his while I remained sat on the floor, my fingers tracing circles into the back of his hand.

"D-Derek." He croaked. My heart sank when I heard his muffled sobs. I looked up at him. He was trying to hide his face with his arm, his body shaking with each sob.

"He can't hurt you anymore, baby. I promise." I cooed, kissing his forehead. He didn't stop sobbing so I got to my feet, which clearly made him panic. His hand whipped out, grabbing mine tight. His body shook as he lay half upright, his grip on me tightening a little.

"P-please (hiccup) don't l-leave." He cried. "I k-know I'm being s-silly a-and should get over what h-happened. I'm trying I p-promise. Please don't leave me a-alone." He begged.

"Why would I ever do that ay?" I said gently lifting him off the bed and into my lap once more. The towels had slid down from his chest, but he didn't seem to mind so I guessed the pain had calmed down. "Listen to me Zak. You experienced something horrific. Don't ever think your being silly. You need to do whatever you need to heal. And I understand that your going to be very freaked out with wolves for a while. And that's ok. Take your time to heal, I'll be here for you all the way. I'm not going anywhere, I promise." I kissed his lips softly and cuddled him into my chest. As we sat there, Zak clinging to my shirt trying to control his tears, I heard my mother coming up with our food. I rubbed his back soothingly and kissed the top of his head as my parents walked in. My mother looked worried when she saw Zak. She set the tray down and came to sit next to him, talking to him gently as he calmed himself down. I looked over at my father who was standing in the doorway. He looked enraged. His eyes softened a little bit when he caught me looking but he looked well and truly pissed. I offered him a small smile which he thankfully returned. The situation happened and all we could do now was ensure Zak was safe and well. Derek of course was now exiled from the pack, officially making him a rouge. It saddens me a little as he was a pack mate and someone I grew up with. But his actions cannot be forgiven.

"Here, let's get these towels off you and get you warmed up." My mother fussed over my little mate, who kept a firm hold on my shirt. She helped him dry off and helped him into one of my shirts and a pair of my sweats, which made his cheeks glow hot in embarrassment. "There, now I've made some chicken soup. It'll make you feel better and won't be too harsh on your stomach." She smiled at Zak, patted his knee and left the room, telling us she'd be back later to collect the dishes.

"How are you feeling son?" Father asked Zak, his tone gentle but still a little harsh, just like his features. At first Zak didn't realise he was talking to him, probably because he called him son. I gave him a nudge and told him that my father was talking to him. His eyes grew wide and he tucked himself further into me out of shyness.

"B-better. S-sorry." Zak whispered.

"Theres nothing you need to apologise for. I'm-we-are just glad that your alright. Gave us a little scare." He chuckled a little. "If anything I should be the one apologising as he was a member of my pack. We don't take violent acts lightly here. He has been exiled from the pack. He can never return here Zak so trust me when I tell you that you'll be safe here from now on." He didn't wait for Zaks response before leaving but judging from my mates shocked expression he wouldn't have been able to respond anyway.

I chuckled and brought our steaming bowls over, ensuring a dry towel was wrapped around Zaks so he didn't burn himself as he held the bowl.  We ate our soup in an oddly peaceful silence. Zak still refused to move from my lap and I didn't have the heart to force him to move after what he had been through today. He just wanted some extra comfort and reassurance and I would gladly give him as much as he needed. After I had finished my meal I carefully eyed my mate as he slowly ate the remainder of his. He had red circles around his puffy eyes from crying and rubbing at them. His eyes stared into space and I could practically hear the cogs turning in his head. He was most likely overthinking things again but there wasn't much I could do to stop that, it's just who he was and how he dealt with things.

Once we had finished I placed the dishes on the tray outside of my bedroom door before closing it, hoping that my mom got the message that we didn't want to be disturbed anymore. It had been an exhausting afternoon but it was only 6pm and far too early to head to bed. I managed to convince Zak to stay awake and watch a random comedy movie with me to kill a couple hours and hopefully lighten his mood a little. He barely managed to stay awake through it but he did and he even chuckled at parts of the film, which gave me a bit of relief. Zak wasted no time once the movie had ended and fell asleep quite quickly with me following shortly after, once I'd closed the curtains and wrapped us under the covers, hugging him tight to me as he slept soundly.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

5.2M 278K 83
Oliver's life turns upside down when he learns that werewolves exist and one of them is his mate, but things get dangerous when he starts to learn mo...
2.3M 75.2K 14
This a short but sweet and somewhat different kind of paranormal story. Zayev is the powerful Alpha to the Black Rhage Pack and sweet little Kai is a...
266K 9.5K 38
A young man caught between finding out who is he and the fear of another wolf pack. Only to find out that something else keeps him in place. Lost fam...
397 27 10
A silent neighborhood that has a seceret.... Everyone believes werewolves just fairytales, but mysterious forest hides the truth deep inside it. 21...