Bad Boy Prince (Royals #2)

By gabycabezut

He's a Prince. She's a journalist. They have a complicated relationship. More like he's into her but she hate... More

Teaser
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen Part-One
Thirteen Part-Two
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Epilogue

Fifteen

185K 7.6K 1.4K
By gabycabezut

Chapter's song: Paris by The Chainsmokers

It's been almost two weeks since I'd last heard from Mark. And still, all I could think about was how he was talking, like he was ready for more, like he wanted a relationship, like he is tired of one-night stands. Like he wanted me.

Okay. I invented that part. 

Which is so pathetic, because if I'm honest with myself, I wanted him to want me.

I brush a strand of hair from my eyes and sigh. I'm pitiful. I know.

Someone knocks on my door and I look up to find Mary, one of my coworkers, holding a bouquet of exotic and colorful flowers. My cheeks feel warm as I smile and stand up. "Are these for me?"

Mary gives me one of those you're-so-dense looks and hands me the flowers. I bite my lip as I hold the little card on my right hand. I read it twice before I place the vase on my desk, right next to my new laptop and crease my brows. It doesn't say from who is it from, but I'm sure that if it were from Mark, he would probably boast about it as much as he could. Not that I want it to be from him. That could mean that he's into me. And he isn't.

Freaking hell.

I read the card again, and I can't help but smile. It's a cute quote. Also, it's been so long since I got flowers...

A little ding comes from my computer and my grin widens. It's my mysterious enthusiastic devotee. He stopped writing for a while, but every few days, I get one of his emails and he never fails to make me smile. I have to give it to him, he's got humor and wit... and maybe guts. Or not. Because if he was braver, he wouldn't be using a stupid nickname and he would come out and tell me who he is. I roll my eyes before I read his email:

Dear two cents' worth,

It's been a while, but know I can't keep you out of my mind. I hope my flowers brighten your day as much as you always bright mine.

Your enthusiastic devotee.

My gaze slides to the flowers beside me. Their sweet perfume is filling the room and although I love flowers, I feel as if my stomach sinks a little as I lean back. 

I take a moment to write him a sweet thank you , but I don't feel like playing his silly game, so I'm just polite and somewhat curt.

After two weeks of not hearing from Mark, I know there's nothing going on. At least not with me.

The worst part is that I miss him. I cringe and take a deep breath. The only blame is my stupid job. I really hate writing advices. With all my heart. 

Taking a sip of my now cold coffee, I scroll through the emails trying to choose an unusual question. Thirty emails later, and I still have found nothing interesting. I pick the one about a friend's feud because I'm tired of the cheating couples. I write them a nice message about talking with each other and how there are always two sides to every story... bla, bla, bla.

Stifling a yawn, I lean back on my seat. I'm bored. Utterly so.

Call him.

No. He's definitely not into me, so there's no point.

Call him.

I lick my lips.

Friends call friends, am I right?

Screw it. I grab my phone and call him. The phone rings three times and I'm about to hang up, when I hear his voice. "Hi!" he sounds surprised.

"Hi Mark!"

I hear a lot of noise from his side, but it fades as he says, "how are you?"

"I'm bored."

He chuckles. "That's why you call me, then? Because you're bored?"

My lips tug up. "It doesn't sound nice when you say it like that."

"I'm glad you called. I'm bored, too."

My pulse speeds up as I grimace. "Do you want to get dinner or something?" I scratch the back of my neck. "There's a Thai place I'm dying to try," I add as I straighten my pencil skirt.

He's silent for a moment. "I can't." His voice sounds deep and heavy as is he really regrets not being able to. My stomach  feels suddenly tight. "I'm actually covering for Scott and Emily. They were supposed to come to Australia for this stupid charity thing, but Scott asked me to take his place." I picture him rolling his eyes and I grin again.

"That's okay. I can hang out with... Tom." Why on earth am I saying this? Tom is my coworker and we rarely speak to each other. I shake my head as I blush. I'm glad he can't see me.

"Why don't you come?"

I blink. "To Australia?" my tone is skeptical.

"Why not? I'm bored to death here. People talk funny, and there are kangaroos all over the place."

Laughing, I turn off my computer. "All over the place?"

"They're like a plague, I've heard." He sounds amused too and my grin widens.

"Yeah, okay. I'll just jump in the next plane and head over there, then."

"I like the sound of that! We can dive in the ocean and admire the reefs. And I promise to keep you safe from the kangaroos. Nasty little things."

Chuckling, I grab a pen and doodle on the pile of post-its I always keep at hand. "Little? I don't think they're little or nasty. I think they're cute."

"We can go to the zoo and I'm sure we can use my bloody title to get to hug koalas!"

I laugh hard at that. "Have you tried vegemite? I've heard it's interesting..."

"I'll wait for you and we'll try it together."

I'm drawing something that might resemble a kangaroo and I laugh. "Have fun in Australia, Mark."

"I will. When you get here," he says in a rough, deep tone that makes my heart skip a beat.

Shaking my head, I say goodbye and we hang up.

Australia.

That's so far away.

Sighing, I open my laptop again. I need to edit my latest article about the unemployment in Europe when I find myself googling Australia. And there he is. The pictures were taken today and Mark is wearing a black suit with a red tie. His face is serious, and he's surrounded by men looking as elegant as himself. I stare at it like an idiot, wondering what's going on through that thick head of his.

Forty minutes later, I give up. I can't concentrate on the darn article and I'm getting hungry too. I turn off my laptop and gather all my things when someone knocks on my door. A man all dressed in black is waiting for me. "Yes?" I ask as I look around the office. It's almost empty. There's Tom in his office and Sally is closing her door.

"Ms. Katherine Andersen?"

Warily, I step closer to him. "Yes?"

The man is wearing one of those white cords on his right ear that most bodyguards have. "His highness left instructions for you," he reaches out for me and gives me a white envelope.

My lips part. What the hell is going on?

I know this is Mark's doing. It sounds like one of those pranks he loves to play on his friends and family. Smiling to myself, I open the envelope. And stare at the content. I look up to the bodyguard and he nods. "He also said that you might want to talk to him." He takes out a cell phone and dials a number before passing me the phone.

Again. What the hell is going on?

"Mark?"

"I hope that you're closing your office. You barely have time to catch the flight, Kate."

My gaze turns to the envelope in my hands. "You can't give me a plane ticket to Australia."

He chuckles. "Why not? I'm bored. You're bored. We will go scuba diving and I'll protect you from the huge Australian bugs, including the kangaroos."

"Mark you're insane. I can't take this. This costs more than I make in six months."

"I didn't pay for it. I made Scott pay for it because I'm here because of him."

"That's even worse!" I say in a high-pitched tone.

"He owes me. But you know, it's okay. Let him lose the money. He deserves at least that for sending me here on my own."

I take out the ticket again. The plane leaves in less than three hours. "Mark, I don't even have time to pack! I barely got time to get to my house and grab my passport!"

"I know." He sounds smug. I roll my eyes. "You wouldn't come if I let you think it through."

"I'm not coming. I can't do that to Scott."

"The ticket is nonrefundable."

For fuck's sake.

Pressing my lips together, I grab my jacket and lock the door. "You know Mark? I have a job, what am I supposed to do to get these days off?" The bodyguard is next to me as I make my way to the elevator. I have less than an hour to get to my house, call Emily and get my passport. 

If I decide to go with it. 

I keep going, "It's like, you think the world revolves around you?"

We're stepping outside the building, and the man gestures me to get inside the black Mercedes that it's parked to my right. I follow him as Mark adds, "You said you'd come. I take things seriously."

A bang sounds as the man closes my door and moves to his side. I laugh. "You never take things seriously!"

"I take you seriously."

That shuts me up. I don't know what to say and my stomach starts doing flip-flops or something. I don't understand why he does this. He dissapears out of my life for two weeks and then he saunters back in and drops this kind of bomb. 

"I can't believe you got me a ticket." My tone is soft, defeated and shy at the same time.

"Come to Australia, Kate."

I bite my lip. I miss this. I miss him.

A sigh leaves my lips and we both know what my answer will be. 

I can't believe I'm going for it. 

I wasn't sure about this. It seems so far-streched. But so is dating a prince and this is our fairytale, so there you have it. 

Also, no Mark! Sorry. Here's a little something for you to forgive me!!

And guys!! my book, Perfectly Imperfect comes out this Tuesday! I'M TERRIFIED and excited (in that order) ;)

Also, Hopelessly Imperfect is free until the 21st through Amazon!

Happy weekend everyone! I'll be updating Writer's Luck in the next few days! Check it out! it's super fun and it involves a Canadian hockey player! ;)

Love you,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18M 922K 54
Emerald did not want anything to do with Harry Allen again. He broke her heart when she was young. But, when he offered her to make a crown for the Q...
770K 11.1K 56
"If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love."- Princess Diana. What they say doesn't matter it's how you feel about that ot...
211 0 7
Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales faces difficulties in managing her career and family. In search of a girl who can take care of her children...
3.7K 79 12
Princess Ruby of Australia, sixth in line to the throne, grew up with the British Royal Family. Australia and the United Kingdom's relationship could...