Being Bitten

By MADcreations

Juliette is a human. Your typical quiet girl, the one who's always listening to music and blocking herself ou... More

1-Being Bitten
2-Being Bitten
3-Being Bitten
4-Being Bitten
Being Bitten-5
7-Being Bitten
8-Being Bitten
9-Being Bitten
Being Bitten-10
11-Being Bitten
12-Being Bitten
13-Being Bitten
14-Being Bitten
Being Bitten-15
16-Being Bitten
17-Being Bitten
18-Being Bitten
19-Being Bitten
Being Bitten-20
Epilogue

6-Being Bitten

36.2K 1.2K 168
By MADcreations

sorry i haven't been uploading guys. i've been so busy with school lately, because i missed two days cuz i had a cold. i still have the sniffles. on top of that, i have two projects due in two weeks. a science and a world geo. today at lunch me and my friend were making all different types of animal sounds. she went MEOW really high, and it sounded EXACTLY like a cat, so i told her to do the same thing in her next class at a akward silence moment. she told me she did it after school, and the whole class bursted into laughter. i would have LOVED to be in the class. :D

 6

I can't believe we're actually doing this.

“I hate you.” 

Juliette throws another rock. 

“I mean, how do you not know when you’re truck needs gas?” 

Another rock is thrown.

“You’re an idiot.”

Rock. 

“I can’t believe you.”

Rock. 

I don’t even have a car, but I would know to check when I need gas.”

Rock, rock, rock.

A smile fits onto Romeo’s face, despite her complaining. She keeps throwing rocks as they walk towards her house, leaving the truck behind. It’s sunset already, and they have 30 more minutes of walking to do.

Well, at least we get to see the sunset.

“It’s going to get cold out, and it’s all you’re fault that we’re walking to my house, Ross.”

So she does call me Ross when she’s angry at me, he notes mentally. If you wanted to, I could change into my wolf form and we would be at your house in ten minutes, not even.

“Here,” He starts taking off his blue sweatshirt, the one the football team gave him with his last name boldly printed across, “wear this.” He reaches out to her, handing the sweatshirt over. Now he’s only in a white wife beater and jeans, since he took off his mac-and-cheese colored shirt in gym class when he was changing. He left it in there by accident, so now his upper torso is almost naked.

She seems taken aback at his kindness, the wind already picking up. Damn, he’s got abs. No! No, Julie, she scolds herself, bad. Bad Julie. No like hot ab Romeo. He’s a tool.

“Are you going to take it or not?” Romeo asks, barley covering his laughter. Of course, he hears all the thoughts going on in her pretty head.

“Oh, yeah. Right.” She quickly grabs the sweatshirt, a blush spreading across her cheeks as she looks down. She didn’t realize that they had stopped walking, a fat smirk now clear as day on his face. She whips it over her head, and a frown pops onto her face. “Romeo,” She whines, “this is way too big.”

“What? It can’t be-” He’s cut off from the laughter snorting through his lips, as they stop walking again. The sleeves roll past her hands, coming down to her stomach. The bottom part practically covers to her bottom thighs, making the shirt look like a dress. She looks so adorable. 

“You’re so fat!” She mumbles, starting to walk again. Another way of laughter hits him as Jules walks, the sleeves swooshing with her. 

“Maybe you’re just short and skinny.” He retorts, catching up with her again.

“Nah, you’re just fat and tall. Too tall. Like a giant.”

He smiles as the memory of kissing her swoops through his mind. He had to pick up little Julie onto his feet because she was that short. “Nope. You’re just really short. Like a midget.”

She mock gasps, slapping a sleeve to her face. “I am not a midget! You take that back!”

“Nope. What’s said is done.” He shakes his head, swinging his arms.

“I hate you. You’re mean.” Jules pouts, crossing her arms.

The sun is now completely set, and using his hearing, Romeo can detect the howls coming from the woods.

One howl says, where the hell is Romeo?

He can’t answer back because he’s not in wolf form, so he ignores it the best he can. To keep Juliette safe, he drapes an arm around her shoulder, slightly bringing her closer.

She sees this. “Why did you just put your arm around me?”

“Because there are some crazy people out at night.” He answers back, eyes scanning for any wolves.

A blush covers her cheeks. He cares? “Really, you don’t have to do-”

“It’s not because I have to, it’s because I want to.” You can’t hear the hurt in his voice, but it’s there. She really thinks that I don’t care? Well she’s absolutely wrong.

A growl cuts through the silent night, stopping both teenagers in their tracks.

“Romeo,” Jules starts out slowly in a barley audible whisper, “what was that?”

Ears now on full alert, eyes flashing around to see where the growl came from. “It sounded like a wolf.” Protectively, he brings her closer, and he get’s a breath of her vanilla cinnamon smell. 

Instead of Romeo pulling her into him, she does it herself. “Wolves? I’m terrified of wolves.”

What? “You are? But you draw them, like, everyday.”

“Yeah, I know, but if I see one in real life, I’m terrified. I can handle the ones in zoos, but not one that roams freely.” Fantastic. My mate’s terrified of wolves. How much more great can that get?

As if on cue, a huge, a wolf that’s as dark as night itself with foaming teeth jumps out seven feet away from them. Jules lets out a mix between a cry and a shriek. The wolf that’s much bigger than an ordinary wolf growls lowly, his yellow piercing eyes flaming in the dark night. His mouth snaps open and shut, giving a glimpse of his jagged white canines.

Romeo pushes Jules behind him, hands out to keep her away from the animal. Jules stays behind him, trying not to bawl her eyes out. He gives the werewolf a narrowed glare, and in a low, deep voice, demands out, “Go away.”

The wolf growls louder this time, his eyes now glancing behind the alpha. He sees the timid girl standing behind him, the girl looking shaken up and frightened.

She’s human. 

The wolf realizes this, and backs up slowly, the growl cut short. But his eyes are still angry at Romeo, snarling at him. The wolf howls noisily, but Romeo hears him as clear as a crystal.

We will finish this later.

The wolf gives him one last growl before jumping gracefully into the woods, running away without a sound. His paws hit the forest floor soundlessly, as he cautiously avoids each and every twig that will give his silence away.

Who the hell was that? What did he want from me? I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m the alpha, for God’s sake. These questions race through his mind, but there’s only one he can answer.

That was a Tranquil Terrier.

Tranquil Terriers are a specially trained wolf that act as the police for werewolves. They are as quiet as a mouse; even quieter than that. They keep you in line so you don’t show that you’re a werewolf to humans.

If you do, it results in death or imprisoning for the rest of your life. Werewolves have very little freedom in the world, since they are seen as a disgrace in human’s eyes.

The Terriers move swiftly, elegantly, quickly to their destination. They do not stop for anything, anyone. Once their mission is complete, they go back to where they came from, but nobody knows where they go. It’s like they disappear into thin air. You will never know when they are coming because you cannot detect them. There is no smell, and you cannot hear them because they move so fast and so precise.

Romeo knows that this is a Tranquil Terrier because the Terriers only come out at night; they are as dark as night itself, literally. You can hardly see what they look like, because they blend with the darkness of the night, no matter what color. They also have piercing yellow eyes, almost like a cat’s. It’s nearly impossible to mistaken them.

The only thing is, what did Romeo do to have the Terriers after him? 

Ignoring the thoughts racing in his head, he attacks Juliette into his arms, hearing her soft sobbing and sniffles in his ear. “Shh, the wolf is gone now.” He waits for her to leave his arms, preparing for the coldness to come. 

But it never does.

She just clings to him, breathing in his warmth and vigorously trying to wipe at her eyes. A warm smile falls onto his face, wanting to stay like this forever. She finally looks up at him with wide, frightened, curious grey eyes. “What was that?”

“A wolf.” He answers simply.

“No, that was way to big to be a wolf.” She disagrees, stammering slightly. “It was like it wasn’t even real.” 

“Come on, let’s get you home. You’re dad is probably wondering where you are.” Romeo keeps his arm around her shoulder, just in case the wolf decides to come back.

Jules doesn’t mind though. That was not a wolf, she knows that for sure. She’s studied wolves before, knows what they look like. Definitely not a wolf. It was too big. But then what was it? It looked exactly like a wolf-only bigger coat, bigger in size, and bigger teeth. It’s body was extremely strong and graceful.

Romeo internally sighs, hearing her thoughts as they walk silently to her house. Maybe she’ll figure it out before I get a chance to tell her.

“We could have just called someone to pick us up.” Juliette realizes. “Why didn’t we do that before?”

Because I wanted to spend time with you before you leave me again. “Wow, I’m an idiot. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.” He chuckles nervously, covering up the real reason. 

They finally reach Juliette’s house, the small cottage that seems antique. Both stop short when they reach the small pathway that leads up to the door of the house.

“Well, I’ll see you in school.” Jules states awkwardly, adjusting the strap on her bag.

“Bye Jules.” He murmurs, coming down to her face and planting a small kiss on her cheek. It sent a huge jolt of a connection throughout his lips, and he’s positive he heard her breath stop. 

Jules waves again, her cheeks reddening. But she turns away quickly, so he can’t see it. But he does catch it, a smirk appearing on his lips as she slams the door shut to her house.

Have a good night, Jules.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The motorcycle horn honks, signaling Dustin is here to pick up Juliette.

Taking another glance at herself in the mirror, she grabs her bag and all but runs out the door. “Going out!” Before her dad can question anything, she slams the door, and walks over to Dustin’s motorcycle.

He hands her a helmet and she hops on, and they speed off towards the lake. The school hours today were just like any other; only now Juliette and Romeo are friends.

Friends.

It sounds weird to Juliette, like something’s quite not right. She dismisses that thought and focus on Dustin. It took her a couple of hours to figure out what she was going to wear.

She finally decided on jean shorts with cuts in them, running sneakers, and a white tank top. Underneath, she has on her white strapless bikini, the only one she has. Astrid insisted on buying it for a birthday present. Julie put her hair up in a ponytail, not wanting to do anything special with it. She kept her face all natural, no makeup whatsoever. Who puts on makeup when they go to a lake? 

The lake, called Woodsy Lake, is usually where all the teenagers hang out. In the small town of Wolfsbane, named after the flower, they don’t have a mall. Instead, they have a lake surrounded by narrow trees, perfect for climbing. The lake is perfectly round and right in the middle. On hot summer days teenagers come crawling out, seeking refreshment.

There isn’t much excitement in Wolfsbane, except for one small detail. People swear on their lives that they’ve seen wolves-but not ordinary ones-ones like Juliette saw when she was walking home. Gigantic wolves with bared teeth and a shiny coat. Some even have taken pictures for proof that they’re not loony in the head; but they’ve always come out in blurs, or some are just fake.

People even tried going deep into the woods to hunt for them, seeking rewards for such a discovery. But all have failed, only catching snapping twigs and the rustle of the wind.

“We’re here!” Dustin shouts, cutting off her thoughts instantly. She takes off her helmet and fixes her messy hair, then looks around. The crystal blue lake sits in the middle, with people swimming around. Some people lay on the sandy part of the lake, relaxing and getting a tan. Tall pine trees surround the lake, making it look woodsy.

Ahh, can this get any better-

“Jules, is that you?”

Juliette’s eye fly open, snapping her head towards the voice. No, it’s not him. It’s just your imagination.

“Jules! Ova’ here!”

You have got to be kidding me.

Sure enough, Romeo comes jogging towards both of them in only swimming trunks, exposing his chest. Jules keeps her eyes locked on his though, still in shock that he’s here at the lake.

“Wow! I can’t believe we’re both here at the lake! What a small world!” Romeo laughs in fake shock. Of course he knew they would be here. Like hell he would let these two alone on a date.

Juliette also knows he’s faking. She specifically remembers he was there when Dustin asked her out. “What are you doing here?” She blows out a long breath, trying to control her nerves.

“Me, Noah, and Astrid came here for the day.” Oops, that’s not correct grammar; Kass would lecture me about that.

“Oh.” She replies lamely, not knowing what else to say. Dustin, she tries sending him a mental thought, don’t do what I think you’re going to do. Let’s just walk away, and go enjoy the day. Just the two of us. Alone. Yes, it’s selfish, but Dustin is the closest thing she’s ever had to a boyfriend.

“Why don’t we join you guys?”

You did it Dustin. I can’t believe you, she says flatly in her mind, secretly sending Dustin mini daggers. Curse you’re stupid friendliness. 

Romeo barley can contain his laughter. Too bad she doesn’t know that all those metal thoughts are going to the wrong mind. “That would be a fantastic idea! Isn’t it, Jules?”

She flatly looks at him. “Yeah. Sure.”

“Great! Come on, we already set up where we’re staying for the day.” Romeo takes the lead, showing them the way to where Astrid and Noah are.

In the middle of the sandy part of the lake, Astrid lays with a small umbrella stabbed into the sand. She’s in a pink bikini top with some white shorts, and she’s sprawled across a lounge chair. Her sunglasses sit on her head, sipping a large soda while she flips through a magazine.

Noah is in the shallow part of the lake, floating in a  tiny circle on a big pink tube. Large sunglasses cover his eyes, but you can tell he fell asleep. He’s in green swimming trunks, exposing his chest like Romeo.

Astrid looks up with a smile, seeing her best friend. “Hey! What are you doing here?” Her smile falters when she sees the pissed off look on Julie’s face.

“Me and Dustin were suppose to come here for a date, but instead it turned out as a friendly meet up, all thanks to Romeo.” She explains while plopping down on the sand next to her friend.

Ahh, the old mess up the date trick. Nice touch, Romeo. Astrid knows that this date with Dustin was important to her, but Romeo totally ruined her plans. “I see what you mean.”

Dustin rips his shirt off, tossing it onto the sand. Jules glances at his perfectly sculpted body for a second--before a big fat blonde head gets in her way. “So, do you like to swim?”

“Yeah, it’s fun.” She answers Romeo vaguely, still pissed off at him.

He sits next to her, picking up sand and letting it fall through his fingers. “There’s suppose to be a bond fire around eight tonight. We all get free s’mores. Are you going to stay that late?”

She shrugs. “I rode with Dustin, on his motorcycle. You’ll have to ask him. I can stay though, if he can. My dad won’t mind.” Actually, her dad wants her to stay out that late. Jules doesn’t do much socially, just stays at home and reads a good book. Lately, she hasn’t been doing that.

His hand clenches on the sand, the picture of her arms around Dustin while riding on the motorcycle. “Well I hope you do stay. You can’t pass up free s’mores.”

Juliette cracks a smile at that. “I have to agree with you on that one.”

Astrid nods. “Romeo left out a itty bitty detail. There’s going to be beer.”

“What? At a lake? What if someone gets wasted and drowns?” Jules’s eyes widen slightly.  How could someone be so stupid and bring beer to a lake? 

“That’s what if, Jules. That won’t happen. Live a little.” He smirks at her, taunting her, as if to say, I dare you.

Even my own dad told me those same exact words. Her dad told her that she’s actually allowed to go get drunk--but not too drunk. That’s how goodie-goodie Juliette really is.

“Fine. I’ll stay.”

“Fine.”

“Good.”

“Good.”

“Fantastic.”

“Yeah.”

“Yep.”

“Okay.”

“Uh-huh.”

“SHUT UP, THE BOTH OF YOU!” Astrid snaps, glaring at them with amusement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1K 24
(This is a sequel to lets just say.. I was not expecting this. I suggest reading that one before reading this one or you will be completely lost!)...
5.2K 175 26
Soraya didn't know Werewolves existed. She didn't believe in the existence of any Supernatural beings. That was until the day she had ran away from h...
496K 21.5K 106
Sequel to *Her Wolf Alpha* Began 9/27/2016 Highest ranking: #2 in twists *COMPLETED* Katlyn and Clayton's son is growing up. Kaden Ravenwolf must fin...
737 9 28
A story of regret. Fear causes in denial. Doubt causes hurt to appear. Angriness causes damage. Love causes happiness. But does LOVE really causes h...