DARK PARADISE. [ Currently Un...

By jolante424

He is the masterplayer of this game. She is the prize in which he strives for.. In sinister ways, he moves an... More

Prologue[Edited]
Authors note.🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Chapter one [ Edited.]
Chapter 2 [ Edited]
Chapter 3[ Edited]
Chapter 4 [ Edited]
Chapter 5[ Edited]
Chapter 6 [ Edited]
Chapter 7[ Edited]
Chapter 9 [ Edited]
Chapter 10[ Edited]
Author's note {Part Two.}🌸
Chapter 11[Edited]
Chapter 12[Edited]
Chapter 13[Edited]
Chapter 14[Edited]
Chapter 15[Edited]
Chapter 16[Editing]
Chapter 17[Editing]
Chapter 18[Editing]
Chapter 19[Editing]
Chapter 20[Editing]
Chapter 21[Editing]
Chapter 22[Editing]
Author's note
Chapter 22[Editing]
Chapter 23[Editing]
Chapter 24[Editing]
Chapter 25[Editing]
Chapter 26[Editing]
Chapter 27[Editing]
Sorry not an update!!!
Chapter 28[Editing]
Chapter 29[Editing]
Chapter 30[Editing]
Epilogue[Editing]

Chapter 8 [ Edited]

240 11 2
By jolante424

' Shh, just relax,' the cold man said.

' Please, let me go,' Kate pleaded.

'It's time for you to come back to me,' a grin so sick and twisted plastered on his face as he said these words.

Chills like no other filled her whole body as she felt trapped. She could not pin point where she was, but it was clear that she had been captured.

Kate woke up with a start and was already gasping for air. She could feel how sweaty she was and realised that the nightmares were back. 

It took a while for her to calm down due to how her body was affected by the dream. She was a sweaty mess and her throat felt dry. In that dream all her fears were present and that tormented her a great deal. She was literally suffocating. She believed that it was her desperation that pushed through and caused for her to finally wake up.

It didn't take too long for her figure out that what triggered these nightmares was the recent events, that occurred. They served as a reminder of her past and therefore now interfered with her present.

How was she supposed to try and let things go now? Unexplainable things were happening and only she was the witness, unfortunately. 

She hated whatever it was that served as a wall between her and that sense of freedom. She desired to have a sense of normalcy in her life and not be the kind of person that was always on edge and closed off. It hurt deeply that in the midst of opening up to her boyfriend, something seemed to hold her back and place her back to the start.

It seemed she woke up before the worst could happen and that relieved her greatly. The man in her dreams was scary and he was a reminder of her dark past. It saddened her to acknowledge that her childhood was far from being a childhood because of what she endured. That man appearing in her dreams like a dark cloud made her shiver in fear of possibly experiencing such a nightmare again. That man's presence was cold and dark, he was the true definition of why parents warned their children to not interact with strange men. 

She had no doubt that he wanted to snatch her away from all she knew and loved, and place her in a dark place, where there was no sign of life. She could already imagine that man who payed a visit in her dreams, how he'd hurt her and instill more fear in her, leaving her feeling helpless.

She didn't want to experience all that again, one nightmare had been enough and that is why she decided to not bother trying to sleep again. She needed a distraction and luckily a knock on her bedroom door did that. The person entered before she could answer, she felt relieved that it was Julie.  Kate noticed how dolled up she was and wondered if she missed something. 

She watched as Julie made her way onto her bed and how her whole demeanor changed, when she looked at Kate. 

Concern took over her face and this alone, made Kate squirm on the spot. 

" What's wrong? " She asked, reaching out her hand to touch Kate's forehead.

"I just had a bad dream that's all but the temperature will go down soon.''

"Kate when last did you take your pills?"

Kate felt the urge to lie to Julie but instantly changed her mind, she knew that Julie would instantly know. 

"A few weeks ago, maybe a month...." Kate trailed off, guilt already taking its place. 

As expected, her response made Julie's eyes to grow wide in shock. 

Not being able to handle the reaction, Kate got off the bed and put distance between them. While her back was facing her cousin, she was trying to calm her nerves. She already suspected what her cousin would say. 

"You've got to be kidding me," Julie mumbled to herself.

" Don't say it please." Kate pleaded softly, closing her eyes for a minute. 

She understood how bad this looked.  " I've been doing this for too long and I needed a break, I wanted to give a chance to a different me," she glanced to Julie, " without them as some kind of life support."

 A moment of silence passed in the room before Julie let out a sigh. She soon approached Kate. " I hear you cousin, I really do."

 " But?" There was always a 'but.'

 " I just worry, you know. I mean after what happened last time with...." Julie hesitated for a second before she continued. " Him."

 The mention of 'him' was like a forbidden word. It brought painful memeories that the family fought so hard, for Kate to never experience again.

 Kate held back from letting Julie know about her nightmare, she would freak out. 

 Kate's silence began to concern Julie and so she decided to speak up again, " I know it can be challenging but you have been doing so well, I believe that this wont continue for long, just hang in there."

 Kate sighed, nodding. " Maybe I rushed into things and that's why....." She immediately cut herself off before she said anymore.

 "What is it?" Julie asked.

 " Nothing. I'll take them again, so you don't have to worry." Kate said, blinking back tears as she walked past Julie.

The defeat on her cousin's face made Julie's heart to ache. She could only watch in silence, being at a loss for words as Kate moved around the room.

" You know that we all want what's best for you, right?" Julie tried again, wanting to make sure that her cousin was okay.

"I know and I'll go back to them, I promise," Kate responded, now sitting back on the bed.

Julie joined her again. Without another word, she pulled Kate in for a hug. In her eyes, Kate was her little sister and anything bothering her, affected Julie too.  " I wouldn't be able to leave, knowing you aren't okay, you know that."

"Please, can we not talk about this anymore?" Kate pleaded softly.

"Okay, okay, the matter is dropped. " Julie pulled back and looked at her cousin. " One thing though, please dont keep silent for too long, okay?"

" Hmm." Kate nodded.

" Alright, we should head down before mom drags us out." Julie teased, heading for the door.

"I'm right behind you," Kate gave her a word.

Once alone, she held the med bottle in hand, something held her back from opening it yet the promise she made to her cousin replayed in mind.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Julie walked in on her mother, Charice, busy preparing breakfast.

"Where's Kate ?" That was the first thing she asked Julie, when she didn't see her, unaware that Julie had been hoping that she wouldn't ask.

"She's busy on the phone, you know with who." Julie lied.

Charice accepted that answer, now continuing with what she had been doing. Julie almost sighed in relief that she wasn't asked anymore questions, but then her father walked in and she knew that he would ask the same.

Thankfully Kate appeared at the right time, unaware that she saved Julie. Kate on the other hand tried to avoid meeting Julie's questioning eyes, knowing that she wanted to know if she finally did it. Her silence was unavoidable, which caught Charice's attention.

Everyone was busy eating breakfast, which was normal but something felt amiss. Charice noted the slight awkwardness between the girls and she wondered what had happened between them.

"Something on your mind girls?" She voiced out.

"Nothing," Julie was quick to say.

In the midst of prying more, a ringing cellphone interrupted her. This was an emergency call from work, which Lawrence had to attend to, thus making him to pack everything he needed before he left.

Being left alone with the girls, Charice took the opportunity to talk to them.

"Girls, I might be a little late tonight, so don't worry about me. I'll probably grab something on the way back," Charice said.

"Sure mom," Julie answered, stealing a glance Kate's way, who looked quite distracted.

On the way to work, Charice voiced out her concern to her husband.

"Honey, I don't know if it's me but something felt a little off at the table this morning."

" What do you mean?" Lawrence asked.

She let out a sigh before continuing. " I think there might be something going on with the girls. They were just too quiet, especially Kate."

" Maybe you are reading too much into this. We've had quiet mornings before, nothing new." well I think  don't think so," he said as he paid attention on the road.

"Hmm..." Charice was not convinced.

Lawrence passed a look to his wife.

"She's fine, now stop worrying so much," Lawrence mentioned, knowing full well that her major concern was Kate.

Charice had mentioned once how Kate was rather quiet lately, that she almost seemed withdrawn.

" Maybe I'm thinking too much." She sighed. " But I can't help it, especially knowing what she went through last time."

Her concern for Kate had never eased, because of how uneasy her life had been. The family had been Kate's strength again, when an incident had triggered fear in her once again. It was like witnessing Kate reliving as the little she was before , the one who had been shut from the world like she didn't exist.

Later that day, Kate had been busy watching TV, trying to get through her boredom when Julie walked past.

"Hey, thanks for not saying anything earlier to aunt Charice," she mentioned.

"No problem, but remember that you promised me."

"Hmm." Kate nodded.

"Okay, I just don't want them to worry. You know how overprotective mom gets, soon she would end up paranoid."

"I know," Kate trailed off.

With nothing more to be said, Julie went to her room, leaving Kate to her thoughts.

Charice and Lawrence were an example of what being raised by good felt like. Despite them not being  her parents, it felt like they were, ever since she lost out on having a family after losing her own at a young age. Her mother passed and her father, the last hope she had, was taken away after he proved to not be capable of being her parent.

Charice and Lawrence claimed her as their own without batting an eye, after she was discovered. The journey to now wasn't easy but in the end, she now could acknowledge that she was adored by Charice and Lawrence was heavily protective over her. Kate now had a family and didn't want to mess that up, over something like not keeping her promise. She didn't want to cause any worry and be on awkward ground, with her cousin.

Not wanting to dwell on the matter any longer, she made a quick dial to Nick. She bit her bottom lip nervously, waiting anxiously for him to answer. Her heart dropped when she heard his tone.

It's like she was the last person he wanted to hear from. This alone dampened her mood.

"How was your boys night?" 

"It was okay but Danny has a bad hang over now." He replied.

Kate suddenly felt awkward when silence followed after .

"How are you?"

"I'm...." Kate stopped herself from saying she was 'fine.' She'd said this and she didn't want to do that, already sensing that it might annoy Nick, who had heard it already.

"I was thinking we could get lunch or do somethung today, maybe ------"

"Maybe next , I'm a little exhausted from today."

" Oh, yeah, maybe next time then."

" Hmm, I better go cause there's something I need to het done right now." He said all of a sudden, surprising her on how quick he wanted to end this call. 

It didn't sit right with her that this is how things were, between them.

"Okay, I miss you, " she made sure to quickly add the last part before he hung up.

"I love you, bye."

All she could do was stare at her screen after the call had ended, while holding back tears. There was Guilt, over  her being the reason that he was so distant. She played a major role with bringing tension in their relationship, she held back for too long and now these were the results for it.

Sensing someone watching her, she glanced up and met Julie's eyes. She realised too late that she was being watched.

A knock coming from the front door stopped both from saying anything. Julie answered the door and was met with a surprise, before her stood the attractive guy whom they had gushed over, not too long ago.

''Hi," Julie said, not believing that he was at their doorstep.

"Hi, Um sorry to bother you but is Kate here?"

Her brows shot up then.

"Yeah, come in," she stood aside, welcoming him.

He entered and she led him to the living room, where Kate was seated on the couch.

" Who was---Max " She rose to her feet when she saw him.

For a moment Max literally forgot what he went there for, when he saw her. He saw Amileen for a brief moment, where she smiled so brightly at him with her pretty dress, until he reminded himself that this was Kate now.

Kate frowned a bit when Max just stood there, staring at her.

"Are you okay?'' She asked in concern.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm okay. Oh uh,  Max this is my cousin Julie and Julie this is Max." Kate introduced both to each other, which they found a little amusing.

"Something I said?"

"We already met." Julie answered a confused Kate.

"Oh," Kate trailed off.

Julie then excused herself, giving them privacy.

"So Max, what brings you here?"

"Well I came here to thank you.''

"I got the job. "

The news mafe Kate smile. She was thrilled by the news and without thinking about it, she took his hand and gave it a squeeze, showing excitement.

"Congratulations Max, I'm happy for you." She said genuinely.

"Thank you."

"I guess we have a new mechanic in town now."

" I guess." He rubbed the back of his, glancing down to his feet as his face warmed up. He felt shy about this.

" Austin is a good boss, he's cool and after what I saw, there's no doubt that you guys will work well together."

He nodded

"Well I need to head there now and not leave a bad impression by being late, on my first day." Max mentioned as he checked his watch.

Kate led him to the door.

"I'm happy for you, really,'' she said once more.

" I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries here, but I'd like to take you out for Lunch as a thank you for this. Honestly, I'd like us to be friends."

He was relieved that he finally said something.

There was sincerity in his tone and eyes, she couldn't say no. There was something about Max, that made her take his word. She couldn't figure out why she almost felt safe around him, which was quite fadt to sense around someone.

Her, agreeing, gave Max a good feeling and he left, feeling excited about the next time he saw her again.

Kate met Julie, after closing the door. Julie had been watching silently.

"What is it?" Kate asked.

"Oh nothing, just that he is hot," Julie blushed and Kate smirked at her.

"Oh, what about Jake ?" 

"Just because I have a boyfriend, doesn't mean I can't look and compliment a beautiful person." 

"Oh from hot to cute, what's next?" 

"Shut up," Julie mumbled, rushing off to the kitchen, leaving an amused Kate laughing.

                    .........

"What do you want with me?" The girl asked in fear.

"Cassie, Cassie, such a pretty girl but so.... " He trailed off, leaving some words in the air.

"What are going to do ? Kill me ?!" She expressed in both fear and frustration.

"Hey! Don't give me any ideas cause you might just regret it," he lost his cool for a moment and he hated that.

His outburst shut her up. She watched in torture as he took the syringe and displayed it. She gulped as he admired it.

"Don't do this, please!" Her plea was ignored.

"I need the bathroom. Please, my stomach is even hurting and I don't want to mess up," she quickly said.

Her plea was finally heard when he actually untied her, after a deadly stare had been thrown at her. The warning was loud and clear, that she better not do anything stupid.

She held back from wincing as his nails dug into her flesh, they were welcomed into the hallway as they left the room. The urge to escape was so severe, that close to the bathroom, her feet stopped in their tracks.

His raised his brows at her actions.

"I'll send you back if you're going to play games," he warned.

Her eyes glanced down, waiting for a punishment but nothing came. He grabbed her by her hair and soon she was shoved to the toilet. She lost a bit of hope when the bathroom did not look like a place to try and escape from. The Windows had vulgar guards, making the situation even worse.

She turned to him, already asking with her eyes for a little privacy, before he ended her life like it meant nothing.

"Do it, it's not like I haven't seen it all, already, " his words were deliveted with a grin, which caused chills to run down her spine.

With his back turned to her, she took advantage of that and did her business. A sliver of hope burned within her, when she caught sight of broken glass on the floor. She took advantage of that and grabbed ahold of it.

Hearing the sound of the bathroom flush, he turned around only to be met the sight of Her, full on charging at him with broken glass piece. The surprise attack resulted in his falling to his knees and crying out in pain, due to the cut on his face, causing an immediate scar.

Not wasting the opportunity given, she took off running. She ran like never before, from one hallway to the next, despite her weak legs. She did not know where she was going, but she needed to get away.

After endless running, she only managed to come face to face with a dead end. She paused for a moment, her wrists were pained and her body felt weak. Nausea and dizziness didn't help either as she backtracked.

Every part of her froze in place, when she bumped into something.  No longer could she feel her heartbeat, for her heart sank to her knees. She knew she was done for.

" Goodbye." She heard him say.

Tears streamed down her face as he grabbed her by the hair, forcing her to look up. She only managed to swallow hard before he roughly slit her throat.

Her released body hit the floor with a thud. He walked away then, leaving her lifeless body like all the others, that did not make it.

Max paced back and forth in his room, he could not contain the excitement that was within him because of the conclusion he'd made. His heart and mind raced when he realised that it was possible to connect Kate, to little Amy.

They were the same person.

Doubt no longer existed, this was the most he'd felt strongly about something.

' I can't believe I found her.' This thought came to mind as he finally took a sit on his bed.

He suddenly felt emotional when two things went through his mind. She was so close and he'd once abandoned her before.

He shot up on his feet once more and looked out the window. He frowned a bit at the sight of a van parked a few houses from Kate's home. His curiosity about it didn't last long, when a cab suddenly stopped infront of her house, and Kate came out.

Despite wanting to call her and say hi, he held himself back after sensing that she was tired. He decided to leave her be and head out of his room, already settled with the thought of when Kate got to know the truth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 12.8K 42
18 year old Grace Hart was scarred by a terrible incident when she was 16. Hunter Raines, 19, is the boy whose troubled past keeps haunting him each...
66.1K 1.2K 32
*ONGOING* [πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„ π‚πŽππ“π„ππ“] A Dark Scream Romance πŸ”ͺ ❀︎ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈 Masked Lovers Series #1 I leaned in closer, my masked face inches fro...
6K 198 19
At the age of seventeen, Freya Anderson have been suffering in the hands of her father. As the days go by, she received letters from an unknown perso...
18.7K 768 21
"You will leave me when I tell you to leave me," he said to me, tears spilling out of his eyes, "do you understand?" I was so shocked that I couldn't...