Only You

By AwesomeMochiBlob

Right. I was his girlfriend. I flinched at that thought, and tried to walk faster but ended up bumping into... More

Characters \(^•^)/
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Final Chapter

Chapter 28

698 47 9
By AwesomeMochiBlob

IU's POV

"The night is still young. What are you going to sleep for?"

His breath warmed my neck, and shivers ran through my entire body as his lips came into contact with the sensitive skin there.

"W-What are you doing?" I stuttered, even though I had a pretty good idea of where this was going. 

I felt his mouth curl into a smile at the affect he was having on me, and his hands tightened on my waist as I was suddenly flipped over. 

With his weight pressed on top of me, he continued to nuzzle my neck, and my hands automatically lifted to twine in his soft, unruly hair. 

Slowly propping himself up on his elbows so as not to crush me, his bright eyes met mine, a soft flush visible on his usually pale cheekbones. My hands fell back down to my chest, as I didn't know what else to to with them.

"You're beautiful." he murmured, taking in my disheveled appearance and pressing a kiss on the corner of my lips.

I reached up and brushed away a strand of hair that was covering his eye, and was about to kiss him for real when the front door slammed from downstairs.

Lay's POV

Trying to pass the three stages in the Medical Licensing exam was the hardest thing in the world. I took care to quietly shut the door to my room after accidentally banging the front door. Jieun could sleep through a pack of elephants tap-dancing, so I wasn't too concerned.

Not even bothering to take off my jacket, I collapsed onto my bed just as the digital clock on my nightstand flashed twelve A.M. From there, my world turned pitch black as I fell into a deep slumber, exhausted from the intense day of studying.

IU's POV

"What was that?"

I lay very still, listening for further disturbances and trying to ignore the disappointment as Jungkook shifted off of me to go turn off the lights. 

"It's probably nothing. I locked the door after dinner." I said, sitting up and brushing a strand of hair out of my eyes. 

His dark figure moved from across the room to my bed, and gracefully slipped himself under the covers with his back facing me. 

"If it's a creepy murderer, I'll protect you." he mumbled softly, already starting to drift off.

How does he sleep in these situations?!

"Aren't you supposed to sleep on the floor?" I said slightly crossly to his back.

"And aren't you supposed to sleep with ten layers on?"

I scoffed softly, then admitted defeat by snuggling up to his back and leaning my cheek against him...

The next morning...

Lay's POV

The bed was so incredibly warm. I let out a satisfied sigh, and rolled over, right into something else. 

Peeking open one eye to see a sleek mess of dark brown hair, my other eye also flew open to see the unfamiliar figure in my bedroom.

I immediately sat up straight against the bedpost and moved to the other side of the bed, startled out of my wits.

She stirred slightly at the movement of the bed and let out a small satisfied sigh. She stretched, screwing her eyes shut and scrunching her face cutely, then sat up so abruptly that I jumped slightly at the movement. 

Turning towards me, she blinked her already alert and flashing eyes at me, twice, as if processing the fact that someone was in front of her.

There we sat, the same blanket covering our legs, both of us staring at each other for a few moments. 

"AHHH!!!! JINJJA!! NUGUYA?!?!?!" she freaked, jumping out of bed and picking up the nearest thing to wack me with. 

Thankfully, that happened to be my pillow. 

Sadly, that didn't make the experience of being assaulted any more pleasant. 

"Y-Yah!" I protested, blocking her swings by shielding my face with my arms. "YAH! STOP!" I yelled, as she swung particularly hard and nearly knocked me out. 

See, this is why I find girls so scary sometimes. They can be the sweetest things, but can blow the Earth to smithereens within a blink of an eye. 

 Finally, I was able to grasp the pillow and wrench it our of her hold. She backed to the wall in a defensive stance, her chest heaving with rapid breaths. 

I let huffed out a heavy breath, and scratched my head. "Actually, I was about to ask you the same thing. Who the heck are you, and what are you doing in my room?"

"Your room...? Ah. You must be Lay." she gave me an awkward smile. "Sorry about that." she grinned sheepishly. "I was a bit startled."

"That's an understatement."

"Well I said I was sorry."

"It's fine. I need to go and-"

My sentence was cut off by an IU bursting through the door with a stormy expression on her face. 

"I see you've met my brother." she said grimly, one hand against the doorway as she glared at me.

Did I do something wrong?

A bit later...

We gathered in the living room, where a serious, potentially life-threatening discussion took place.

We also had pancakes and scrambled eggs with maple syrup that I made, and practically nobody was listening.

"So...Krystal and Jungkook moved in. And you slept in the same room with Jungkook." I said pointedly, watching IU scarf down her breakfast.

"You slept in the same room as Krystal." she replied, slurping her milk like she had done when she was younger.

"That wasn't on purpose though." I said, resisting the urge to wipe a crumb off her cheek.

Jungkook reached over and brushed the spot of pancake off her face, his expression a gentle one. 

I watched them with a puzzled expression, having never seen IU allow anyone to touch her face like that, except for me and our parents when we were younger. 

"But it's not a problem, right?" she said, focusing her attention back on me. 

"Uhm-"

"Ok. Cool. Thanks!" she said, grinning mischievously at me with a mustache of milk framing her top lip.

I gave her a half exasperated, half amused smile and relented. 

Krystal, who strangely hadn't uttered a single word this entire time, looked up and said, "That's fine, I guess. As long as I'm not an inconvenience, I don't mind."

"Of course you won't mind." Suzy said sharply, her fork hitting the bottom of the plate with more force than what she probably intended.

Ah. Something went wrong between these two. I thought. I then mentally noted not to get between them as an effective way to extend my lifetime.

"I'll do the dishes." I said, breaking the glaring contest featuring Krystal and Suzy, scooping up the completely clean plates.

"I'll help." Krystal offered quietly, picking up the cups and following me into the kitchen.

Well, she doesn't seem bad at all.

IU's POV

Waking up in Jungkook's arm was one of the best things in the world, though I would never admit it out loud. Ever.

But sadly, that was interrupted by the alarmed shouting from Lay's room, and my suspicions from the night before were immediately confirmed. I had only hoped that nothing drastic had happened, and thankfully, I was right.

After Lay and Krystal finished with the dishes, he pulled me into the office because he had something to tell me. 

"What is it?" I asked patiently as he shut the door and sank into a nearby chair.

"Well, it concerns our parents. No, not them personally. It's more about the company." he said quickly as he saw my darkening expression.

"Well, I think they should be able to deal with it themselves, right? We've practically raised ourselves after all." I was ready to leave the room and pretend he never had the intention to talk to me. 

"You won't have to do anything. I'll take care of everything, but I just wanted you to know that eomeoni and abeoji called me to say that their company isn't doing too well." he said quietly.

At my icy silence, he continued, "I will be home even less than I am these days, so make sure to take care of yourself." 

"Why are you even bothering to help them?!" I cried, unable to contain my anger. "I've seen them less than twenty times in my entire life! How can you...?!" I fumed, trailing off as my anger consumed the rest of my words. 

He stared at me, not saying a word. I'm not too sure myself, but at some point in my life, my ignorance of the absence of my parents had turned into a sort of resentment and self-pity.

Perhaps I was being ungrateful, but I truly do not believe that they can't spare a few days every year to come back and see their own children. 

I walked stiffly to the door and went out, not wanting to hear any lectures from Lay. 

Lay's POV

I stared sadly at the slowly closing door that Jieun had gone through. 

Maybe it was a good thing I didn't tell her the second part...

A/N: Dun Dun DUN. XD   I thank all of the amazing people who have stuck with my story so far. 😊   Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!! Love you all!! Saranghaeyo!!!!! ^•^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 1K 55
Jungkook drags you into a small pathway, then pushes you harshly against the wall, you placed both of uyour ahnds to his chest, stopping him. Me: J-j...
15.8K 985 21
"I can't be with you because I love you. If anything were to happen...I wouldn't be able to live without you in my life" There is a fine line betwee...
3.1K 143 22
Jungkook suddenly bent down on one knee in front of Haeyoung and reached out to her with his hand. She lifted up her face with hesitation to see who...
44 6 5
Well it's a Cinderella story but with a twisted. It's BTS version. I hope you like it and give this story a like. This is my very first story and it'...