It's Been Killing Me ➢ Camren

By ssweet-prejudicee

❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that sh... More

I: Nice to see you, again?
II: Look, I'm trying.
III: Damn, Dorito Boy!
IV: Sarah Smiles
V: Meh, could be better.
VI: I'm here for you Camz.
VII: Well, this is quite the predicament.
VIII: A Loving Mother, Wife and Friend.
IX: Sisterly Love
X: Scars are reminders of how strong you are.
XI: Alcohol is your friend this time.
XII: A change I could get used to.
XIII: Date at The 1975 concert
XIV: Make me forget.
XVI: They stand side by side.
XVII: Caught Red-Handed
XVIII: A much needed vacation.
XIX: Tears and Forgiveness
XX: The Underground Bar
XXI: An Unexpected Deal
XXII: Discussions and Arguments
XXIII: A Hard Decision
XXIV: Compromising and Moving In
XXV: We still got time.
Epilogue
Linked Hearts - New Book!

XV: The Big Reveal

4.6K 108 14
By ssweet-prejudicee

I stirred around the bed to try and find a comfortable position. Without opening, my eyes I wrapped my arms around the naked body of the girl beside me and scooted closer so our skin touched, causing my skin to tingle with warmth radiating from the gorgeous girl laying beside me. With her back turned to me, I sighed and nuzzled my nose on her bare shoulder, placing soft little kisses occasionally. Cold wind blew from the window causing goosebumps to appear on my skin as I shiver from the cold air that hit my bare skin. I tightened my arms around her to warm myself up.

Beautiful brown tresses lay across the pillows making my brown-eyed girlfriend look even more beautiful in my eyes. Her hair was tousled messily across the bed, even some strands of hair fall on her face as she breathed evenly, indicating that she was still peacefully asleep. I finally opened my eyes and placed my slightly chapped lips on her shoulder, leaving sweet kisses once more.

I slowly and gently removed my arms around her body and sat up, covering my chest with the covers to prevent them from being exposed. Smiling as I remember the passionate love making that took place last night, I looked over my shoulder to admire Camila's toned back. The singer shuffled a bit and then turned to lay on her back.

Minutes later, her hand started to feel around the bed while she was still asleep. It was as if she was trying to reach for something. I stared at her moving hand with confusion before I got an idea. Tentatively, I reached out my hand for her to reach. I silently waited if she would do something. Then her hands reached and gripped my hand gently while she was asleep. Fuck, that is so cute.

I lifted her hand up to my lips and planted multiple kisses from the back of her hand to her palm.

Camila soon opened her eyes and looked around the room with a cute confused look on her face. I cooed as she rubbed her eyes and yawned. I smiled at the brunette before plopping back down on the bed. Camila turned to me finally remembering the events that transpired the night before. She then straddled me without saying a word causing an my skin to tingle at her electrifying touch. Camila smile down at me and cupped my cheeks.

"Thank you for last night." She whispered with her raspy morning voice. I shook my head and waved her off, "What are you even thanking me for?" Confusion was evident by the tone of my voice. "You always make me feel loved and for that, I'm grateful." Camila clarified, making my lips curl up in a small comforting smile. "You're my girlfriend, of course I'll let you know that I love you every second that I can. It's my job."

"Hmm... You did make me feel really loved last night." Camila smirked seductively, causing heat to rush to my face at what she was implying. Her index finger trailed up and down on my forearm softly while staring at me sweetly. Goosebumps appeared on my skin as our skin made contact causing a shiver to run down my body.

She looked at me with her doe eyes, a playful innocent glint in her eyes but the smirk playing on her lips says so otherwise. Finally regaining my confidence, I chuckled and leaned closer so that our faces were mere centimeters apart. Her eyes stared into mine before her gaze fell to my lips. "It was my pleasure." I breathed as our lips brushed against each other but neither of us dared to connect our lips, yet.

However it didn't last very long when I couldn't help but connect our lips. The kiss started out sweet and gentle at first but then became more heated. I deepened the kiss and moved one hand to her waist.

After a few minutes of kissing, I pulled away and started to trail sweet kisses on her jaw, causing her to giggle. I playfully bit her on the underside of her jaw gently. The girl smiled sweetly at me. "I didn't take advantage of you last night did I?" I asked her doubtfully. Camila's eyes widened and she shook her head instantly, "No baby! Why would you think that?" She lifted my head up by my chin gently so that I gazed into her eyes. "It's just that- I didn't imagine that our first time would happen like that. Well I mean, it isn't really our first time but the first time in years-"

Camila cut me off by placing her index finger on my lips. She held a stern expression on her face as she asked me, "Do you regret it?" I gazed at her incredulously, silently asking if she was serious or not. "What? Of course not!" Camila sighed in relief when she heard my response. "Then what's the problem? We both wanted it. I don't think we rushed it because I think that any time or day is perfect with you."

"Last night was perfect." I admitted.

I looked down and bit my lip as I listen to her say, "I'm not fragile. Sure, being taken advantage of by Austin was terrifying to me but it's not something that I can't get over. Especially now that you're here to help me get through this." I felt her lips place a lingering kiss on my forehead. "Fuck, you're so sweet and perfect. Why would anyone want to do those horrible things to you?" Tears started flowing from my eyes.

"I don't know baby, I don't know." Camila hummed comfortingly as I silently sobbed on her chest. "I don't know why I'm crying," I laughed humorlessly through my tears. "I just love you so much that thought of you getting damaged by the people that was supposed to care about you scares me." My voice cracked with raw emotion. Camila sent me a small worried smile as I continue to sob helplessly.

"That just means that they never truly cared about me, baby. And I swear if something similar happens to you, I will literally kill them." Camila tried holding a serious expression on her face but failed miserably and ended up laughing loudly instead because the thought of herself trying to fight somebody is funny to her. "Camz, you wouldn't even hurt a fly. Are you even capable of beating up somebody?"

"If it's for you, then yes I am capable of beating up somebody's ass." Camila smirked, playfully flexing her toned arms in front of me causing me giggle at her silliness. "Hey! Stop laughing at me! I just said that I will kill anybody that tries to hurt you and here you are laughing at me!" My girlfriend pouted, crossing her arms. I laughed once more and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Haha, I swear I'm not laughing at you babe. Thank you so much Camzi." I rubbed our noses against each other and Camila giggled as she grinned from ear to ear. "I love you."

"I love you too." Camila answered, planting a chaste kiss on my lips.

I grinned from ear to ear as I snuggle against her neck but quickly pulled away when she winced at the contact. My eyes held worry and confusion in them as I ask her, "What's wrong Camz? Did I hurt you?"

Camila shook her head and pointed at the purple bruises on her arms and shoulder. My eyes suddenly darken at the thought of Austin laying a finger on Camila. "Look at what he did to you." I hissed through gritted teeth. I gently traced the purple bruises on her shoulder and arms. "Calm down, Lolo." Camila tried calming me down as her warm hand were on my waist, occasionally rubbing her thumb on my hipbone.

"They will heal. They're just bruises Lolo." Camila said to me but her face contorted in pain as I placed my finger on her bruises too hard causing me to frown and pull away quickly feeling bad that I hurt her. "I'm just happy that bastard is in jail." I say as I turn to lay on my back. "Trust me, I am too. We wont be seeing him for a few years and I doubt that he will try anything again, especially with the beating that he got from you." Camila laughed heartily. I smirked feeling proud of myself.

"I swear I could've killed him if ?Ally didn't stop me." I muttered, feeling aggravated. "Calm down, Tiger." Camila teased and poked my ribs causing me flinch at the the tickling sensation. I sat up again, smiling down at my girlfriend before standing up and taking an over-sized shirt from the floor and wore it. I bent down to grab another shirt and tossed it to Camila. She quickly puts it over her head before standing up.

"Come, let's put ice over your bruises." I say, interlacing our fingers together as I lead her to the kitchen counter. I lifted her up so that she sat on the counter then I opened the freezer to get some ice. I press the cold object on her shoulder. She flinched at the cold feeling and soon relaxed. We continue to do this for a few minutes while we talked animatedly.

_

I didn't let Camila go to her classes today because she was still a bit shaken up. I insisted that I stay with her but she told me that she's going to be fine all alone. I had no choice but to agree seeing that we were both too stubborn. Although I did suffer the repercussions of my actions today because I immensely missed Camila sitting beside me in class, whispering sweet nothings in my ear from time to time. It has only been a few hours since then and I can't wait to go home.

Soon, the last class of the day ended and I was already running out of the room rushing to Camila and I's shared room. When I got there, I quickly opened the door and stepped inside. After I locked the door after closing it, I turned around to see all the girls curled up on the sofa watching Glee and crying. I watched the show play on the television with confusion before realizing it was The Break-Up episode. Understandable.

"What an interesting welcome." I mused, feeling amused as the girls continue bawling their eyes out. "Shut up Ralph and let me cry for my ships." Dinah shouted causing me to laugh. "But they still end up together in the end though?" I stared at them confused. "Shh, we know but a whole season and half without Brittana? And the other half of the Finchel ship literally died!" Normani wailed. This is gold, I will definitely tease her about this later. Ally was just silently sobbing beside them

I rolled my eyes at my friends before I walked to Camila's side and kneeled down in front of her. "Oh baby you're crying." I murmured as I run my thumb across her tear stained cheeks. She is so adorable. "I'm not." Camila mumbled in denial as she covered her face with the blanket on her lap so that I am not able to see her face. I chuckled and pulled the blanket down so that I could plant a kiss on her cheeks respectively. "Scoot over bitches." I said jokingly to the other three.

"You heard the woman." Dinah says to the other three beside her. "I could never say that to my Camzi. Now scoot over." I repeated. The three girls groaned and moved closer to the other side of the couch so that I have enough space to sit. I smiled, sitting beside Camila who snuggled closer to my chest as soon as I sat down. I wrapped both of my arms around her waist, nuzzling my nose on her head.

The singer sighed as she grinned from ear to ear. I moved to kiss Camila but instead got continuously thrown pieces of popcorn at. I glared at the Ally, Dinah and Normani who still continue to throw pieces of popcorn at us with blank expressions on their faces. "Stop throwing shit at us!" I said annoyed at their antics. They raised their hands in defense before looking back at the television.

Half an hour later, the episode finally ended and the girls were tired so they said that they're going back to their own rooms. Camila and I bid goodbye to them. When they were gone, Camila talked about how the girls were so caring and careful towards her. They comforted her and visited her while I was gone and she was so grateful to them.

_

I sat on Lauren's lap as she lays on the ground doing sit ups. I was sitting on her lap so that I could help her steady herself while she was working out. Lauren wore a black Nike sports bra and some gray tight fitting sweatpants while I only wore a tank top and shorts. The room was silent except for the occasional grunts and groans Lauren lets out when she does her daily sit ups. "97...98...99..." My girlfriend grunted each time. I've noticed she was starting to get tired, her breathing was slightly getting labored.

"Fuck, baby what number are we at again?" Lauren asked stopping momentarily to steady her breathing. The raven-haired girl steadied herself on her elbows, looking at me as sweat dribbled from her forehead. Lauren is an undeniably gorgeous woman. Especially with her toned body glistening with sweat. People who don't actually know her wouldn't ever think that she's insecure. They see her as this confident and strong willed woman.

It was like people see her as this woman who doesn't even know what failure is. Everything from how she spoke to how she held herself, Lauren always does it with confidence. But underneath her tough exterior she is just an insecure girl. She never shows it but I can see right through her. Sometimes, Lauren asks if I noticed that she gained weight. I, of course, would say no because she always looks like the same gorgeous woman to me. After that, I would always cuddle with her and tell her how beautiful she is.

"Camz, are you alright?" Lauren snapped her fingers in front of my face causing me to snap out of my reverie. I looked down at her and smiled with my head tilted to the side, "Hmm?" I hummed with confusion. The girl chuckled at my confusion before repeating, "I asked you what number are we at." Lauren grinned with amusement, eyebrows quirked and all.

"I don't know... 87?" I muttered distractedly, my eyes drifting slowly to the bead of sweat falling to her abdomen. I gulped audibly as I admire her glistening abdomen. "My eyes are up here Camz." Lauren smirked when my head shot up to meet her green eyes. "What exactly were you looking at?" The photographer had a smug look on her face. I quirked a brow. Two can play this game.

Licking my lips, I leaned down with my hands on her toned abdomen to steady myself as I lowered my head down enough so our faces were inches apart. The girl's eyes widened, her breath hitching in surprise when my hot breath hit her lips. "Who's the one doing the teasing now?" I chuckled lowly. Lauren's cheeks had a visible red tint. She stared into my doe eyes before she inched her head closer so our lips met. I didn't waist a second to reciprocate. My hand were still on her abdomen as I took her bottom lip between mine and biting it.

I pulled at it and released it with a pop. "Motivation for the two of us." Lauren muttered, eyeing my red lips. She then gave my lips another peck before doing another twenty sit ups. I just sat there on her lap with a dazed expression on my face, watching her do her sit ups. Lauren gave my lips a peck everytime. After she was done with her work out, the girl collapsed on the floor, her chest heaving.

I smiled down at the girl before standing up and patting her on the head. "Good job, Tiger." I winked and sat down on our couch. Lauren silently laid down on the floor looking at the ceiling. After a few minutes of silence, her phone from the study table started ringing causing her to groan loudly. I giggled under my breath as I watch her stand up lazily to go to our bedroom and answered her phone.

After few minutes of waiting, Lauren came out with her towel in hand but still dressed in her work out outfit. She walked over to me and gave my temple a peck before saying, "I'm going somewhere, Camz. I'll come back as soon as I can." She smiled reassuringly, rushing to the bathroom. I watch her with curiosity as she went inside the bathroom. Soon, I heard the water started running.

After half an hour, Lauren came out only in a towel. I bit my lip as she started dressing herself in front of me shamelessly. I gulped, looking away in embarrassment. "I'm going to go to Ariana's while you're gone." I told her. The girl just hummed distractedly making me sigh. Lauren then soon finished dressing herself and walked outside but not before she told me that she wont take too long. The room was silent once again after she left, leaving me confused, wondering who called her and where she is going.

_

I drove down to the nearest police station, anticipating for the worst. My chest is heavy with worry as hundreds of thoughts swarmed my mind. Officer Brown, the blonde guy who arrested Austin alongside the other guy, called me telling me that Austin has been refusing to eat his food until he sees me. They had no choice but to tell me to come since Austin was really persistent. They refused at first but eventually gave up.

I finally arrive at the station after a ten minutes drive. I immediately headed straight to the receptionist and asked for Officer Brown. The middle aged woman smiled politely, calling for Officer Brown who immediately came up to me. "Mr. Mahone had been asking for you since the other day." The officer sighed, scratching his balding head while looking down at some papers. His eyes had black circles around them and looked dull. I actually felt bad for him.

"Umm.. So where is he?" I cautiously asked as I shifted on my feet awkwardly. Officer Brown looked up for a second before looking back down at the paper in his hands, "He's in the office at the back. I'll escort you there." He pointed out and started walking. I followed him and went inside.

We went inside the little office and there he was sitting on a chair with is feet up on the table. Austin's head was down so when he heard the door open, he immediately lifted his head up. When our eyes met, he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at his audacity. The officer gestured for me to sit at the other end so I did. "So why am I here exactly?" I quickly asked Austin, wanting to get this over with.

"I wont tell you until this mister leaves." He wagged his index finger at me. I sighed in annoyance as I ran my hand through my hair. I swear to god this guy is trying to get on my nerves! I glared at Austin before I turned to Officer Brown, "Can you please leave us alone for a few minutes?" I demanded nicely. "Will you be alright alone Miss?" He politely asked. I nodded at the officer in confirmation.

"I mean, look at what she did to me. I wouldn't wanna get on her nerves." Austin feigned a scared expression on his face and rolled his eyes after. The brown-haired guy gestured to his injured body caused by me. The officer then nodded with a bored facial expression before he headed outside, leaving Austin and I alone in the quiet room.

There was an awkward silence between us for a minute before I broke it, "Can we just get this over with?" I said to him, frustration running through my vein. "I actually have someone waiting for me." I sneered at the bored brown-haired man. Austin stared at me with a blank expression on his face before he started, "What if I told you that you shouldn't trust Ariana?" Austin laughed as he leaned his elbows on the metal table. I quirked an eyebrow, curiosity running in my mind.

"What are exactly trying to say?" I asked carefully. "Do you not dislike Ariana?" Austin teased. "I don't... Dislike her." Austin laughed loudly when he heard my uncertainty. "I'm just telling you that you shouldn't let that bitch get close to Camila." He continued as he leaned back on his seat nonchalantly. "How do you even know each other?" I asked warily, my eyes squinting in suspicion.

"Just did some things with her that I immediately regretted." His response was vague, not revealing too much information. "Can you stop beating around the bush? You're just wasting my time." I spat as I stood up from my seat and crossed my arms in annoyance. "Ariana is insane, I tell you. You know your Mom, the one that died?" His insensitive words made my blood run cold. I clenched my fist in anger before slamming them down on the table, causing a loud bang to echo in the room.

Seconds passed when somebody knocked on the door. "Is everything alright Miss?" Officer Brown asked through the door. I was about to quietly nod before I realized he can't see me, "Yes, Officer. I just accidentally hit something."

"Okay, Miss. There will be people waiting outside if you need help."

After a few minutes of silence, I turned back to the frightened guy in front of me to glare at him.

"Chill out, Lauren." Austin flinched in fear, quickly putting his feet back down on the ground as his body tensed. My eyes swam with anger as I stared him down, "What does my mom have anything to do with what we're talking about?" I asked vulnerably, my voice cracking slightly with emotion at the end. "I was friends with Ariana back in high school. It was before I knew about Camila. Ariana always talked about Camila. She's literally crazy for her. She would do anything for her, maybe even killing somebody for Camila." Austin's voice was unusually soft as he revealed this information to me but his cold eyes were now replaced with fear.

"Are you trying to say that..." I trailed off. Austin quietly nodded before continuing, "Yeah, it's exactly what you think. Ariana is insane, Lauren. Stop Ariana before she does something to Camila. It's your choice if you believe me or not. I don't have enough evidence to actually prove to you that I'm telling the truth but just believe me."

"Did- Did she really kill my mother?" My voice quivered as I uttered those words. I quickly sat down on the chair. I was feeling nauseous, like I'm going to vomit any minute now. "Yes, I'm so sorry Lauren." Austin's apology was genuine telling by the tone of his voice. Is he even the same person from before? "I'm sorry I tried to take advantage of Camila. Ariana's words just got to me. I'm really sorry."

"You hurt her." I informed him, my eyebrows furrowed. I'm still confused. Why is he suddenly acting like this? "I did, I know I did. And I thoroughly regret that but please be willing to look past this even just for a little while. I let Ariana get the best of me. I hate her too, trust me." Austin sighed out, shaking his head before he stood up and held his hand out, "Let's have a truce for the time being then you can punch me as hard as you can after." Austin tried joking but I looked at him blankly causing him to shut up.

"Fine." I sighed and shook his hand. Austin smiled gratefully before sitting back down on the metal chair.

"Ariana was smart enough to not leave any evidence." Austin sighed out.

"What's your plan?" Austin queried. I wiped the tears forming in my eyes as I sighed in exhaustion. I calmed myself down before responding, "I'll make her admit it. And I'll do whatever it takes so that she can get what she deserves." I spat in anger. I was clenching the edge of the table in anger. Camila is hanging out with Ariana right now and once I come home and find out that she did something to Camila, I will shred her to pieces.

"Ariana's most vulnerable state is when she's being provoked. She never think about what she says whenever she's vulnerable. She may be smart and manipulative, but she's sensitive. Especially if Camila is involved." Austin revealed. I eyed him suspiciously, trying to see through his lie but he sounds like he's actually trying to help Camila and I.

"Just because I'm willing to let you help me doesn't mean that everything will be okay, Mahone. Especially after what you tried to do to Camila." I snarled at Austin who just nodded understandingly.

Then Austin leaned closer smirking, "So I've got an idea."

_

I plopped down on the couch feeling emotionally exhausted. I groaned loudly, gripping my hair in my hands. My eyes prickled with tears, trying to keep up my façade. Sniffling, I quickly wiped my tears before Camila can see me like this. After a few minutes of silence, the door quietly opened and Camila went inside. She had a smile on her face before she saw me, quickly she kneeled down in front of me taking my face in her hands.

"Why are you crying, Lolo? Please tell me." Camila asked when she saw my distressed face. My eyes were bloodshot red because of crying and tear stains were evident on my cheeks. I was vulnerable again. "Don't shut me out." Camila breathed out, placing my head on her chest. And just then, my walls broke down. I started crying loudly in her arms as she tried to comfort me.

She's fine and everything will be alright.

My girlfriend rubbed my back comfortingly, making me feel at ease in her arms. "I don't know why you're crying but everything will be alright. I know you'll tell me when you're ready and I wont force you if you don't want to tell me. But whatever it is, I'm here for you." She smiled sympathetically at me and planted lingering kisses on my cheeks, forehead and finally my lips. We stayed like that for a few seconds before pulling away.

"I promise I'll tell you when it's the right time." I said to her. I've got things planned out and I don't want to get Camila dragged into this. She'll get in trouble. I can't let that happen. The brunette just nodded quietly in understanding before she smiled brightly, "I hate seeing you cry." Camila pouted adorably, making my heart flutter in happiness. I giggle and grinned from ear to ear. Camila's eyes shined with adoration.

"There's that smile." Camila poked my nose and I automatically scrunched my nose causing her to giggle. "You must have been exhausted." Camila said, extending a hands towards me to which I took without hesitating. She led me to our bed and cuddled with me. She whispered sweet nothings in my ear, making my eyes feel heavy and soon I drifted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...