Splintered Hearts

By newbiegac2015

"What exactly is your problem?!" I snapped throwing the file down on the hood of the car. My patiences with... More

Where's the pizza?!
Lets start off with a bang.
Time to hit the road.
Everyone has a story.
Maybe it's in the name?
Crew initiation
Dorothea hasn't left yet.
The hotels secret..
We all have a little monster inside us
Expect the unexpected..
Meddling Affairs.
Left the Vegas charm.. In Vegas.
Robyn's history.
Childhood friend
Coming to an understanding
The match
Picture this.
A little understanding.
Stage three A**hole
A secret maybe best left untold.
The mystery woman.
Finding a retreat..
Careless whisper.
The sound of silence
Lust is a sin.
Freelance
Do you believe in fate?
Vanilla or blueberry?
Hearts don't break even.
Preparation
Better late than never.
The cat is out..
Who's to blame?
Have you... Ever?!
Here to us.
Style is key.
Hidden agenda
Similarities with a Vampire
What there isnt.
No cross keys
Robyns Wrong Move
The Fallout.
Departure.
Little too late.
My December
That regret that you don't regret
It terrifies me.
The disclosure
Unprotected.
Playing by Zak's rules.
To his aid.
Breakfast in Bed
TX -> LVN
Date Night..
Just be honest Zak.
Another dark place
The illusion.
She will... Be loved
Don't blame it on me.
Unexpected Blow.
Robyn's way.
Was I wrong?
Make a wish..
Unintentional present
Happiness and sunshine
Past memories
Baby boom.
A parents love never dies.
Ying Yang
Second step
Admirable or Ludicrous?
Damn psycho.
Setting the sides.
Batten down the hatches.
Quarantine
Moved into paradise.
We all need to feel love.
Moods.
Its arrived.
Underlying
Not like the movies
***This isnt staying***
The collection.
****

Roses are red.

2.2K 74 33
By newbiegac2015

"Robyn..." Aaron whispered making me look across at him. "Are you okay?"

Truthfully, right now? I had no idea. I couldn't believe I was so gullible and stupid to actually think that he would be interested in me. That Zak wouldn't lie, yet here we are. Sitting opposite each other whilst he wines and dines his ex.

It's as if everything we spoke about earlier meant nothing.

"Yeah..." I mumbled turning my head so I couldn't see them.

"So why does it look like you've just been kicked in the gut?" Aaron questioned.

I flicked my eyes in Zak's direction and back to Aaron as it all fell into place. He closed his eyes slowly and shook his head.

"He strikes aga-"

"Aaron?" The voice came making me clench a fist under the table.

"Hey Harmony." He replied. I sat back and lifted my head up.

I had nothing to be ashamed of and I was going to be damned f I was going to hide away.

"Evening." I smiled at Harmony and looked at Zak.

His face had gone pale white as he took in the scene.

"I didn't realise you two were...." Harmony spoke wagging her finger between myself and Aaron.

"Oh it's early days yet. We like to keep things quiet." Aaron replied making me look over at him.

He gave me a discreet wink which filled my heart with a little warmth. There were still gentlemen in this world.

"Really? Oh Zak isn't that lovely?" She chooed.

I scoffed seeing how happy she was, now she knew I wasn't after her precious baby.

Even if that was a small white lie..

"I guess." He replied staring daggers at me.

"So... How come you're here in El Paso?" I asked trying to be polite.

She flicked her eyes at me and for once she seemed happy to look at me "Zak invited me. At first I couldn't because of work but I managed to move a few things around and here I am."

"What a lovely surprise! Are you staying somewhere nice?" I asked trying to find out if I was in fact moving room tonight.

She gave me a giggle "I'm staying in El Paso west? It's not far."

I almost choked on the oxygen as she said the same name as our hotel. "How wonderful." I smiled before looking at Zak wondering how much of a scene it would cause if I shove him off his chair.

Turning to Aaron I gave him a little smile before looking down at the menu trying to find something to eat when all I wanted to do was go back to hotel room and hide.

I ordered pasta carbonara instead of opting for pizza. Despite being sat with Aaron and him being excellent company, I still found myself looking at the table opposite as Harmony giggled and stroked Zak's hand.

"Stop.." Aaron whispered making me look over at him.

"Sorry. Tell me about the scariest moment for you as an investigator?" I asked turning my full attention to Aaron who smiled.

As I ate with him, I listened intently to his stories of investigations and Aaron's Vlogs. Despite the situation I was in right now, Aaron had me laughing and giggling whilst eating and eventually my plate was empty and my cheeks hurt from the constant smile.

"We should totally double date." Harmony spoke leaning out of her seat slightly towards us.

"And share her beauty? I couldn't." Aaron replied before looking at me with a smile.

"Awh she's blushing, Zak look."

I lowered my head before giving Aaron a small smile of appreciation. Why weren't there more of him in the world?

Can we clone yet?

"Excuse me. I'll be back in a second." I excused myself and went to the rest rooms.

Shutting myself in the cubicle I put the toilet seat down and sat on it. After thinking myself into a rut I left the rest room and fixed my hair. It had gone slightly curly from not blowdrying it this morning. Flicking it over my shoulders, I straightened myself up and headed out.

Walking down the corridor which lead onto the rest room, I was grabbed and pulled into fire escape doorway which was poorly lit.

"What the hell are you doing?" Zak growled cornering me.

"Me? Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"It's not what you thi-"

"No. No it's exactly what I think so don't stand there and tell me different. She's here to satisfy your needs and that's sick. You're sick." I snapped prodding him in the chest hard.

"Yet here you are playing stupid games with one of my closest friends? What's the little performance? All the laughing and giggling?" He snarled.

"That's me having a good time, that's someone showing me attention and treating me with respect. You lied to my face this morning and I fell for it. I asked you this morning if there was anything, anything and you said no."

"I didn't know she was co-"

"You invited her!" I hissed.

"Robyn please just let me explain myself,"

"Why so you can lie again?" I asked, when he didn't reply I scoffed.

"What else did you lie about hmm? Those bruises? Did she really lash out at you or was that a lie?"

He sighed "Why would I lie?"

"You tell me. You tell me Zak? Why would you lie to me? You know I'm actually more mad at myself for trusting you." I answered stepping out to walk away when I was pulled back in.

"Don't walk away from me."

"Don't tell me what to do. We aren't working now, there's not chain of command buddy. Oh and if you thought you were gonna slide back into my bed after fucking her? You're sadly mistaken. You can stay with her or better yet, stay in the bus. I don't care." I answered leaving the fire exit cubby and heading back to Aaron.

"Hey. Sorry." I whispered sitting down.

"It's okay.. I got you this." Aaron mumbled a little embarrassed as he picked up a single red rose.

I grinned and took it from him gently. "It's beautiful."

"Hmm.. Know what would be better though?" He asked making me shake my head.

He took the Rose back and snapped it's stem and picked off the thorns before curling his finger at me.

I sat forward to see what he was doing when he tucked my hair and the Rose behind my ear. "Now... Now it's beautiful."

"Oh my gosh. I think I'm gonna cry." Harmony whispered to us as she fanned her face. "Oh Zak.. You should have seen them! It was so romantic!"

"Yeah great." He grunted sitting back down.

***********

2am.

I was asleep when I heard what I almost thought was thunder. Bolting up right I looked to the window and waited. Sure enough the sound happened again followed by Zak cussing.

"Robyn open the door please."

Growling under my breath I laid back down and put a pillow over my head trying to go back to sleep.

I wanted to ignore him, but I couldn't.
Something inside wouldn't let me and I eventually I got up out of bed.

"What do you want?" I asked seeing the security chain pulled tightly as he tried to get in.

"Take the damn chain off. Now."

"No. In fact." As he had the door ajar I pushed his bag through.

"There's your things. I'll see you tomorrow for work, boss." I replied walking away.

"Robyn! Robyn!" He hissed.

"Goodnight! Tell Harmony I said thanks. For making me realise what a player you really are." I called before climbing back into bed and putting my earphones in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.7K 91
*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." "To- to do what Zak? We need to find he...
61.2K 1.8K 99
Tracy, a huge Ghost Adventures fan finds herself thrown in the thick of it. Both a passionate relationship and a demonic connection nobody could ever...
52.8K 1.3K 62
Saige is a young photographer who gets a call to join the Ghost Adventures crew. After having her heartbroken she leaves and starts following her dre...
28K 1K 73
Corrine is a "friend of a friend" working her way up from a DJ to a music talent scout in LA..she's a hot, business savvy hard ass, who's also a play...