It's Been Killing Me ➢ Camren

By ssweet-prejudicee

❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that sh... More

I: Nice to see you, again?
II: Look, I'm trying.
III: Damn, Dorito Boy!
IV: Sarah Smiles
V: Meh, could be better.
VI: I'm here for you Camz.
VII: Well, this is quite the predicament.
VIII: A Loving Mother, Wife and Friend.
IX: Sisterly Love
X: Scars are reminders of how strong you are.
XI: Alcohol is your friend this time.
XII: A change I could get used to.
XIII: Date at The 1975 concert
XV: The Big Reveal
XVI: They stand side by side.
XVII: Caught Red-Handed
XVIII: A much needed vacation.
XIX: Tears and Forgiveness
XX: The Underground Bar
XXI: An Unexpected Deal
XXII: Discussions and Arguments
XXIII: A Hard Decision
XXIV: Compromising and Moving In
XXV: We still got time.
Epilogue
Linked Hearts - New Book!

XIV: Make me forget.

4.8K 106 6
By ssweet-prejudicee

I was woken up by a pair of lips continuously pecking my forehead. I grumbled loudly and put my hand on the Camila's face. "Stop... It's too early." I whined, turning around on my other side. "How would you know that? Come on, Lo! Wake up already!" Camila rocked my body gently causing me to groan once again. Without saying a word I turned to face Camila with a glare before burying my face in her neck, hearing her chuckle after. "Shh, shut up. Let me stay like this for a few more minutes." I snuggled closer to Camila. "Fine. You're lucky you're cute." The brunette poked my nose causing me to shush her again before staying quiet for good.

I was about to drift to once again when the alarm clock started ringing loudly. Cursing in annoyance, I covered my right ear with one hand while my other hand went to slap the alarm clock off the bedside table. "I forgot just how grumpy you can get in the morning when you don't have enough sleep." Camila laughed teasingly. I bit my lip to prevent a small smile from appearing on my lips when I heard her laugh.

Suddenly, I felt Camila's hands lift my over-sized shirt up a bit to expose the half of my stomach. She started drawing small circles on my stomach making me shiver from her warm touch. My breath hitched when a finger brushed against sensitive navel. "Camila," I warned with a quiet growl and gripped her wrist gently to prevent her movements. The singer chuckled softly, "What's wrong Lo?" She looked at me with seemingly innocent eyes.

You're far from innocent, you little temping she-devil.

I didn't answer her but instead made her wrap her arm around my waist so she wouldn't be able to move her arm. "We need to get up." Camila tugged on my shirt again. "I'll be up in a second baby." I rasped, shielding my eyes from the light going through the blinds. "Okay, I'll go inside the bathroom to wash up first, okay?" Camila whispered to sweetly as she planted a kiss on my forehead. I just nodded in response. The girl smiled first before stumbling inside the bathroom. My green eyes followed her movement and looked up once she has gone inside.

Soon I heard the ruffling of clothes hitting the ground and the water running as they hit the bathroom pavement. After several minutes of laying down, I decided to cook breakfast for the two of us. I stood up from the bed lazily and walked to the little kitchen we had in the dorm. I grabbed a pan from the cabinets and went to grab some bacon in the fridge. I started frying the bacon before I left it alone for a few minutes to start making coffee for Camila and I.

After I was done cooking I grabbed the plates and went to our room, placing it on the small table at the center of the room. Sipping on my steaming hot coffee, I sat down on the ground and looked around the room to see Camila already sitting on her own study table with a stack of books beside her. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and stood up but not before taking another sip from my coffee and putting it down. "Camila, you wont be able to think straight when you're doing the test if you don't eat breakfast." I reprimanded.

"Later, " Camila answered distractedly, too caught up in the textbook she was reading. I frowned in concern before wrapping my arms around her and resting my chin on her head. The girl under me sighed and rubbed her temples. She's been studying for her test since the other day and just yesterday. She studied last night until she fell asleep. I've been starting to worry if she's actually getting enough sleep. I know her classes have been stressing her out more than lately. I can't stand seeing her helpless.

"Camila," I addressed her to divert her attention from the textbook she was reading. Camila hummed, saying that she was listening. "You've been studying since yesterday and the other day. I'm worried if you're actually sleeping at all. It's not healthy for you." I voiced out my concerns to her. I heard her say, "I'm sorry I worried you. It's just that, I barely passed the test from the last semester and I don't want that to happen again."

"I'm sure you'll be able to get a high grade this time. Now come, let's eat." I pulled her from her seat gently and we both sat down on the carpeted floor to start eating breakfast. Camila pouted before she ate her bacon adorably. I laughed at her expression and soon finished eating my breakfast. We talked to each other about our week and joked around.

And when we both finished washing our dishes, Camila and I went to the place where the girl and us usually hang out. As we were walking, I put my arms around her waist and tugged Camila closer to my side. At the distance we could see the girl talking to each other under the tree as they sat on the picnic table. I smiled. sitting down at the other side of the table and Camila sat beside me as usual.

I grinned at the small blonde in front of me, "Happy birthday Ally!" Ally smiled gratefully and gave me a hug. "You're so old now Ally." Camila nudged the girl jokingly. "I am. It's so weird that I'm twenty now." Ally mused with a beaming smile. "Dang girl, you're already in your 20's. We should go clubbing. I know one place. I heard it's like one of the greatest clubs in New York." Dinah offered. Normani nodded her head in agreement. "Do you want to go with us, Milz?" Normani asked my girlfriend with a considerate smile.

"Of course. I wouldn't wanna miss Ally's birthday. I mean, the party last month didn't go too bad after all." My girlfriend discreetly winked at me as she lay a hand on my thigh. I smirked and winked back at Camila before giving her a chaste kiss on the lips. Ally and Dinah rolled their eyes at our public display of affection while Normani just giggled.

"Oh, looks like I have class at 9:00. I'm going now guys, see you later!" Ally waved us goodbye before disappearing into the crowd of students. The four of us waved her goodbye and watched her go inside the building before starting another conversation.

_

My breath hitched when Camila walked outside of the bathroom in a breathtaking outfit. My eyes raked up her form, drinking in her beauty. I licked my lips. Camila still haven't noticed my blatant staring as she started doing her makeup. I couldn't help but stare at her backside a little longer. Her back faced me, so the angle was perfect from where I sat on the bed. Camila then turned around, "Hey Lau-" She stopped talking mid-sentence and instead smirked at me. "You really need to be more discreet when you stare."

I shrugged my shoulder, "Well I apologize sincerely. I just couldn't help it. I mean, you're gorgeous." I smiled. I really meant what I said when she looked breathtakingly gorgeous. She wore a black and white striped turtleneck and a black skater skirt. She finished it off with black stockings and a pair of Doc Martens. The girl blushed hearing my compliment and swiftly turned back around to finish off her makeup.

Smiling, I continued to admire her movements lovingly. Soon, she finished putting her lipstick and walked towards me. She was also eyeing my outfit which made me smirk. "Don't you look dashing in that outfit." Camila complimented, sitting down on my lap. Looking down, I wore a red crop top shirt that says 'Venice Beach California' and a long black tight skirt with a small slit at the side.I finished it off with a pair white sneakers and a choker.

I smirked confidently at the beauty, "Thank you, Camz. I love that you're wearing one of my favorite shirts on you right now. You look so hot in those." I wrap my arms around her waist, tugging her closer. Our breaths mingled together, we were that close. Giggling cutely, Camila gazed into my eyes with a smile playing on her plump lips.

"Thank you baby." Camila circled her arms around my waist and tugged me closer on my neck. I stared back at her before my eyes diverted to her lips. They looked so soft, plump and... kissable. Slowly, Camila started leaning in and I did the same. I closed my eyes when our lips met softly. There was no sign of urgency, seeing that we have all the time in the world. Our lips glided against each other with care and ease. Soon my hand flew from her waist to her covered thighs, caressing them softly.

And as if the atmosphere suddenly changed, the kiss became more heated quickly.

Camila gasped quietly causing her mouth to open and I didn't waste a second to slide my tongue in her mouth. When my tongue met hers, I moaned softly as she swallowed my moans. The soft pink muscle glided against hers, exploring each other's mouth in a urgent dance of lust. I squeezed her thigh causing her to moan yet again. I broke the kiss to inhale for a second before initiating another lustful kiss. Tongue and teeth clashed in a battle for dominance.

Minutes later we had to break apart from the kiss in need for oxygen. Gasping for breath, Camila leaned her forehead against mine as she tries to catch her breath. I breathed heavily with my eyes closed. Opening my eyes slowly, I was met with the sigh of a slightly sweaty Camila with her hair a bit disheveled. I laughed and decided to fix her hair for her. My girlfriend gave me a chaste kiss as thanks. When I looked at her lips I noticed her lipstick was a bit smudged. I smirked at my accomplishment before running my thumb under her lip to get rid of the smudged lipstick.

"We wont be able to go to the party if we don't stop." Camila breathed out and stood up from my lap. I nodded reluctantly, choosing to rather stay in here with her. Camila and I fixed our clothes before going outside. Opening the door, we were met with the sight of Ally, Dinah and Normani in their own little world. I faked a cough to catch their attention. The three of them lifted their heads up from their phone.

I heard Dinah whistle, "I wasn't ready guys. You could've warned me first!" She dramatically placed her hand on her forehead, fainting on Normani who caught her with ease. I stared at her with a confused yet amused expression on my face before turning to Ally, "You look good Ally." I smiled at the short girl. She smiled back and looked at Camila and I, "Thank you Laur. You and Camila looked great too."

"Oh my gosh Ally! You look so cute!" Camila tried giving Ally a koala hug but failed miserably given that Ally is too short for her to hold up Camila and instead settled for a tight hug. My heart fluttered at Camila's adorably sweet gestures. The short girl in her tight grip laughed, "Thank you Milz." Camila then let go of Ally. Smiling, I turned to Normani and Dinah. "Los dos parecen muy jodidamente grandes." I said to them. The two just looked at me with a confused expression on their face before Normani answered, "I have no idea what you just said but I swear to god if I found out that means something bad I will beat your ass."

I laughed loudly at what Normani said. "We have to go guys. Our friends are waiting." Ally called out. We then headed out of the building and in Ally's car. The five of us fit ourselves in the car. Camila, Dinah and I sat in the back while Normani and Ally sat in front. The five of us conversed on the way to the club. Maybe also some occasional PDA and Dinah slapping the back of our heads when we do.

We finally arrived at the club and scrambled out of the car. We strut inside the club confidently, feeling a few eyes on us but not dare looking them in the eye. When we were inside, I was hit by the strong scent of alcohol and sweat. I grimaced slightly, not missing this environment one bit. Looking around, I could see that the couple here are either grinding against each other on the dance floor or making out somewhere.

I interlaced my fingers with Camila's protectively, telling her silently to stay with me. Then out of nowhere we heard three people shouting for Ally, "Ally! Happy birthday! Thank for inviting us." Troye greeted and gave Ally a hug. After the party, we met him a couple of times in the campus and hang out with him sometimes. "Small stack!" A booming voice called out. It was Sarah, a friend of Ally. She gave her a tight hug. "You gotta buy me a drink later, birthday girl!" Eddy winked playfully at Ally.

"Let's get a booth." Ally suggested sauntering to a booth in the corner of the club. We all took a seat and started conversations with each other. A waitress then appeared a gave us our drinks. Laughing at something that Dinah said, I lifted the cocktail to my lips and took a small sip. I see Camila shaking with laughter. I admire her hunched form as she tried to stop herself from laughing.

A strand of hair fell to her face and I instinctively reached up to place the strand behind her ear. The Cuban turned around and smiled at me, leaning to give my lips a chaste kiss. I smiled into the kiss before turning to start another conversation with the group. We talked about things from bad experiences to the most daring things we have ever done or to the most embarrassing things that ever happened to us.

I laughed as Ally told a story about how an old woman gave her a candy because she thought she was cute and told her that she thought she was the little sister of Dinah. "Oh my gosh, I remember that! Dinah thought it was a good idea to play along and even carried Ally over her shoulder because she was throwing a tantrum trying to argue with the old lady!" Camila managed to tell through her laughs. All of us laughed as Ally's face flushed in embarrassment.

After almost an hour of having fun hanging out with our friends, I feel somebody tap on my shoulder making me turn around. Camila was looking at me and said, "Lo, I'm just going to the bathroom. I really need to go." My girlfriend whined cutely. I smiled and told her to go. Camila kissed my cheek before clumsily making her way to the bathroom. "Be careful!" I shouted and she raises a thumbs up.

Smiling as I see her almost fall over her own feet and when I turned back to my friends, they were looking at me with a smirk. "What?" I laughed awkwardly and squirmed in my seat, feeling uncomfortable under their stare. "You're literally the most intimidating little puppy ever." Troye said earning a snicker from Normani and Dinah. I glare at them and replied, "I am most definitely not a puppy but I am intimidating."

Sarah laughed loudly when she heard my answer, "That's literally what I thought when I first met you! I thought you were scrutinizing me with the way you were glaring at me! But then Camila appeared and I swear I saw you basically melt when she grinned at you."

I pouted as they kept teasing me. "Same, I don't know why I ever thought you were the most intimidating person I ever met." Eddy shook his head playfully. I glared at them all jokingly as I bit the insides of my cheek to try to stop myself from smiling. "Come on, let that smile show Lo!" Ally reached up and poked my cheeks causing me to break into a huge smile.

Seven minutes passed since Camila left to go the bathroom and she still isn't back yet. I'm starting to grow more worried every passing second. My legs shake up and down as I was becoming more anxious. I tapped Normani's shoulder, "Mani have you seen Camz anywhere?" I asked worriedly. The girl looked at me confused, "No, is something wrong Lo?"

"It's just that- She still isn't back yet." My lips tremble as I try to stop myself from tearing up. I think Normani noticed my distraught state and called out to Dinah and Ally. "Camila isn't back yet." Normani told Dinah and Ally who's eyes widened before quickly jumping out of the booth to find Camila, leaving the other three who were confused and worried.

We went to the bathroom to check for any signs of my girlfriend but she wasn't there. I was already tearing up at this point just trying to think what might be happening to Camila right now. Ally, Normani and Dinah consoled me before trying to find Camila again. I told them that we should check the back. The girls nodded and ran to the back of the club.

As we were nearing the narrow alley, I could hear muffled screams and angry shouting. My heart felt like it dropped imagining it to be Camila screaming for help. Wiping away the tears falling to my cheeks, I ran faster and when I turned around the corner, I saw a man holding Camila against the wall with his hand on Camila's mouth. When his hands went higher from her waist to her chest I lost it. My eyes flashed with anger and hatred.

I growled as I pulled him away from Camila's trembling body and slammed him against the wall harshly. The guy groaned loudly at the impact. Gritting my teeth in anger, I punched the guy on the jaw hard. I swear I heard his jaw crack when my fist hit his face. "Let go of me!" The guy struggled weakly. "Don't you fucking dare try and escape! You'll pay for what you did to Camila!" I shouted, throwing away his hat that once covered his face.

When the hat hit the floor my jaw dropped. Guess who it is? Austin fucking Mahone.

Austin tried covering his face but I held his hands down and kneed him harshly causing him to gasp for breath. He whimpered when multiple punches hit his face and stomach. He tried to fight back but he wasn't able too seeing that he was already weak because of my attacks. Austin closed his eyes as another punch hit him.

Then he held onto my shoulder tightly and pushed me off him causing me to slightly lose my balance. Before I could defend myself, Austin already raised his fist. I wasn't expecting the hit so when his fist hit my face I accidentally bit my lip causing it to ooze with a small amount of blood. Wiping my lip with my palm, I charged towards him and continuously attacked him. He got a few hit here and there but it doesn't compare to the amount of pain I'm causing him right now.

I heard the girls call for me but I couldn't hear them when the only thing on my mind is the need to beat up Austin.

"Lauren! The guy had enough!" Ally tugged on my arms gently. The guy tried pouncing on me when I let go but Dinah stretched her foot causing him too fall down before passing out on the dirty floor. I spat on his unconscious body before telling Ally to call the police. She nodded and called the police.

I turned around only to be met with the sight of a trembling Camila as Normani tried consoling her, telling her that everything is fine now. My heart dropped once again when I heard Camila sniffle and whimper. I approached her slowly and tentatively. I feel the pain in my chest when I stare at Camila's curled up body as she sobbed in Normani's arms. I don't know what to feel. I felt pain, hurt and anger. I'm angry at myself for letting her go by herself. My legs started to feel weak and I dropped on the ground in front of Camila.

My mind swarmed with regrets as Camila reached out for me. I smiled weakly, letting her sob in my arms. Hot tears poured from her eyes, falling on my shirt. Nausea swirled in my empty stomach as the images from earlier started replaying in my mind. My heart pounded against my chest, regretting that I ever let her go.

I looked over to the girls. They were talking amongst each other, Dinah is biting her nails while they try to comfort each other. "Guys come here," I mouthed to them. The girls shook their heads and smiled reassuringly, "She needs you. She was calling for you when you were beating Austin's ass. Please take care of her." Ally whispered quietly. The poor girl's eyes watering. I smiled reassuringly before squeezing Camila body against mine.

The girl lay in my arms, sleeping. She must have exhausted herself from crying too much. I smiled and pecked her forehead.

Wordlessly, I put my hands under her knees and back to lift her up. I carried her bridal style with ease. I walked over to the girls. "The police are coming at any minute." Ally reassured looking around the dirty alleyway. Dinah frowned, reaching over and caressing Camila's head. My girlfriend stirred before nuzzling her face against my neck. We smiled absentmindedly at the adorable girl when a loud siren caught our attention.

We turned around the corner to see a police car and two men coming out. They were heading towards the alley. "You guys talk to them. I'm staying with Camila." I told them and they nodded. The two men were already talking to the girls while I stayed with Camila. After a few minutes of interrogation, the two officers walked to us. "We are going to arrest Austin Mahone for sexual assault and battery. If you want to go with us-"

"Hell no. Send him straight to jail. I wont be able to stand seeing his face without wanting to punch him." I cut him off angrily. The officer nodded, amused. They both then handcuffed Austin who just regained consciousness after the police came. They escorted Austin who was struggling against the police men's grip to he car. "Let me go! I don't want to go to jail!" Austin whined, moving his handcuffed hands.

Snickering, I shouted tauntingly "Well you wont be going to fucking jail if you never did something so unforgivable now would you?" Austin glared at me before he was pushed roughly inside the car. The blonde officer then turned to us, "Do you want us to drive you to the hospital for the girl? She may need help after what she had encountered."

I shook my head quickly, remembering how much she hates going to hospitals. Camila told me the story of when she cut back then. She hated it when her therapist gave her pills for depression and didn't even help her. All he ever did was give her the pills then that's basically the time their session ends. Depression shouldn't be cured by pills. We shouldn't have the mindset that a serious psychological problems can be gone by just popping pills in your mouth. They aren't cures. They are just band-aids to stop the pain.

It's fucking absurd.

However, they do help us live life at our best. People with depression shouldn't need pills. They need love. Show them that you care, that you listen to them. Even just by showing up to that person helps. 

"No thank you officer. We'll take care of her." I smiled politely at the officer who nodded hesitantly before going inside the car and driving off with Austin.

_

"Take care of her Lauren. We will be checking up on her first thing in the morning." Ally said caressing Camila's head who was still asleep. "I love you." Dinah whispered and pecked Camila's head. I smiled at Dinah gratefully. They sent me worried looks before I rolled my eyes, silently telling them to not worry. They silently nodded and I walked them outside. 

Sighing, I closed the door when they left. I sat on the side of the bed, looking at my girlfriend worriedly. What if I wasn't there early enough to stop him? What if he did get to touch Camila? I swallowed the big lump in the throat to stop the tears from falling as I notice her skin was slightly bruised and purple. I silently reached up to cover Camila's almost visible chest. Almost all the buttons of her blouse was popped off. That thought made my blood boil in anger.

I held her hand in mine and lifted it up to my lips, giving the back of her multiple little kisses. Then all of a sudden, her hand interlocked with mine. I looked up to see Camila smiling sweetly at me, as if she wasn't affected by the earlier events that happened. Hesitantly, I kissed her.

When our lips met Camila did not waste a second to tangle her hands in my hair. I moaned in her mouth as we kiss hungrily. Camila quickly sat up but did not dare break the kiss. I helped her up with my hand on her back, adjusting her so her legs were straddling my thighs. My hands continued to draw little circles on her back sweetly, in contrast to the lustful kiss we are having. I pulled back breathing heavily.

I watch her lovingly as she rested her forehead against mine. Her brown captivating eyes were full of emotion causing me gulp when her eyes stared right into mine. Camila's lips started curling up in a small smile. 

She gave my slightly swollen lips another sweet kiss before she breathed out, "Make me forget."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 25.7K 69
Lauren and Camila are happily married, but a year into their marriage, a tragic event forces one of the brunette's to make a decision that causes the...
24.5K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
23.5K 1.3K 36
Camila was Lauren's first real girl crush. They were in love and had beautiful moments together despite their different backgrounds and characters. A...