On The Couch [Editing]

By ACNichols

“Don’t say it, don’t ask it, I wouldn’t be able to say no,” he whispered, his voice full of desire. “I can’t…... More

Dedication Page
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Halloween Party Costume Poll!!! Not a Chapter!!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note
The Sequel's Link!
If you want to help...

Chapter Forty-Seven

105K 3K 290
By ACNichols

Quick Note: THIS IS NOT THE END! =D There are still a few more parts left of the book. I noticed a few seem to have thought chapter 46 was the end of the book. No its not. You will all be well informed when it is the end. I hope you all ready my notes at the beginning of the chapters otherwise you will not  be aware of some things going on with the book and how much longer it has until I finish it and start the sequel if you don't read them or are not following me you won't know so please pay attention to my author notes. Here is your update. I apologize for the lateness in posting it but it was difficult to write and I knew it wouldn't be very long with all the action in it. It is not edited so don't give me crap for that. THIS AGAIN IS NOT THE END of the book. It still has a few more updates.

*

*

Consumed by fear and hopelessness, I watched the day turn into night. Jerry started to mutter to himself angrily. Periodically he would slam his hand against the steering wheel – I flinched every time.

I didn’t hide my attempts to free my hands from the duct tape anymore. Jerry wasn’t even paying attention to lost in his anger and god knows what he will do now. I feared he wouldn’t wait much longer now that he knows Evan is after him.

We seemed to be driving in circles around the same neighborhood. Like he was arguing with himself on what he wanted to do. He finally parked halfway down a back alley. All I could see is the fences and yards of the houses we were behind. I could hear dogs barking in the distance. The night was eerily quiet as if nature itself held it’s breathe to.

I sat still in the back seat, trying to keep my heavy breathing in check. The anticipation of what Jerry might do overwhelming my mind. His muttering ceased as he seemed to be resolving himself.

He turns around and smiles at me. My heart raced in my chest. In the darkness I could barely make out his features but I knew that smile. I have seen it before.

I didn’t mask the whimper that came out of me. “Jerry please don’t – you don’t have to do this,” I pleaded as he climbed into the back seat with me and took my bound hands in his.

“I was supposed to wait to take you, but I couldn’t resist – the urge was too strong,” he said though he didn’t seem to be talking to me.

“We can still wait and then be together,” I said desperately. I had no idea what he meant by what he said. Maybe it was just part of his insanity.

This time I wasn’t expecting the blow as I had been trying to delay him. My head flew back against the window. This time he used a fist and the pain pounded in my face. Another blow to my stomach flinging me forward, I coughed and sputtered.

“Bitch, don’t try and weasel your way out of this now.” He unfolded my fingers that were curled in a defensive fist and clasped them together like I was praying.

Indeed in my mind I was praying. Praying that Evan would find me and soon. They had to be tracing the phone and maybe the license plate by now. I was grateful that he stopped driving, but feared it might be too late anyway.

“This little piggy went to the market…” he stroked my index finger and my whole body shook trying to block this all out. “This little piggy stayed home…like I should have done…this little piggy had roast beef…hmm that sounds good…and this little piggy had none.”

I screamed when he pulled bending my pinky finger so far back it snapped and cracked. Yanking my hand back to myself I was nauseated at the limp hideous angle the finger hung at. Tears burst from my eyes stinging from all the pain. My breathing came in sporadic huffs and puffs and I trembled unable to still involuntary motion anymore.

A small last ditch effort of determination came over me and I swore that would be the last scream he gets from me for his satisfaction. I attempted to block out the pain again wanting it all to go away.

“I’m glad I snagged you while you are wearing this,” his voice changed to a soft tone again. He trailed, ironically, his pinky finger from my neck down the line of my jaw and the plunging neckline of the party blouse I still wore. I shuddered under his touch in disgust.

Conflicted with my will to stay here and fight him, I could feel that abyss swirling that I had been trying to avoid. It looks so peaceful down there…

“I missed touching your skin.”

“Don’t touch me,” I snarled trying to sound strong and firm but it came out weakly.

Jerry leaned over closer to me. Instinctively, I pulled away against the door frame which only put me slinking further down unable to get a strong footing since my feet were still bound at the ankles. I closed my eyes as he inhaled his nose touching against my jaw and he kissed me there nipping the skin – hard.

I winced and tears escaped flowing down my cheeks. The abyss started to look more inviting. I relaxed slightly, letting it swirl around in my mind and began to take the pain away…

NO!

My eyes flew open. I kicked with my knees in an attempt to get him off of me. He starts to laugh maniacally as he is shoved back and away from me and I writhed there like a flopping fish out of water.

“You won’t break me anymore.” This time my voice came out steady. I used the pain I felt to fuel my strength, to keep my mind from succumbing to the numb and empty place.

I remembered it all too vividly before I started my therapy. I didn’t work so hard at that though I didn’t want to in the first place just for it to be broken in one day and certainly I would not let the same person break me again either.

“My you certainly have become a fighter…” He leans back over pinning my hands above my head against the door. “That will make this much more fun.”

I caught the moonlight in his eyes and they have darkened. I could see how far gone he really is. What and how he got this way I would never know, I didn’t want to know and I felt pity.

“I feel sorry for you,” I said softly. Jerry froze staring at me. “You can’t control or overcome your demons and resort to this. I’m not afraid you sad little man.”

His eyes searched mine for a moment then the rage came. He ripped my shirt open.

I let the tears stream down my face but I kept silent. I made sure I didn’t flinch or give him any satisfaction that what he was doing frightened me. I wouldn’t beg or cry out. I will not let him take pleasure in my pain.

“I’m going to make this as painful as possible,” he whispers almost amusingly as he rakes his nails deep and hard down my stomach drawing blood. I control my face that wants to contort in a wince and it takes so much energy that I don’t know where it is coming from.

This seemed to be working. I hadn’t made a sound and Jerry was just getting more frustrated. No matter how painful this is for me the fact he isn’t getting the satisfaction he wants is worse for him.

“You better scream bitch and beg for mercy.”

Why beg when he wouldn’t show any. I ignore his plea to show him my fear and desperation. It drove him wild that I refused and his resolve wavered. I was shocked that I had some control over the situation. Despite that I couldn’t fight him physically I was fighting him mentally.

He growls as he reaches for the button of my pants yanking it open viciously, fingering the underwear I wore underneath. I still the shudder.

Closing my eyes I played back every moment with Evan in my mind before I would let the black hole take me and be lost again…

A slight gust of chilled air blew over us.

“What the fuck,” Jerry mouthed quietly. As I opened my eyes I saw the car door had been opened and Jerry was being yanked out of the car roughly.

“Get off of her you piece of shit.”

My mouth fell open in recognition of that voice. My heart stuttered, stopped and started again in an overwhelming feeling of relief.

“Come here Sonja,” a second voice said reaching into the car.

Eddie? He was here too? Suddenly I felt exhaustion and every part of me Jerry touched, broke, or hit, the pain came roaring back into my mind in full force. Yet I couldn’t move paralyzed by the realization that Evan was here. He made it in time.

“Jesus,” Eddie breathed as he reached for my hands gently pulling me up into a sitting position and had taken a glance at my injuries.

The car shook. I turned my head in the direction I felt the shaking, out the back windshield. I saw Jerry being shoved against the car and Evan with a violent expression on his face as he slammed his fist into Jerry’s stomach – against his face – on both sides – over and over again.

My eyes drooped heavily as Eddie lifted my hands to put them around his neck so he could pull me out of the car. I was weak and so exhausted from my ordeal I could barely help him move me away from the carnage. All the while I could hear the fury Evan unleashed on Jerry.

“Evan,” I whimpered quietly. He didn’t hear me. Eddie once I was out of the car picked me up cradling me and walked quickly away to another car. He sat me down on the hood. Eddie tried to assess the damage and keep me awake.

My eyes though heavy could see Evan clearly now. Jerry on the ground shielding his face as Evan landed more blows. I could hear a muffled slur of profanities from Evan. Eddie told me not to move and moved around rummaging in his car for something.

“Evan,” I said a bit clearer.

Eddie comes back around to the hood and his chest holds me up my knees pressing into him. “The police are on their way Sonja,” Eddie says softly as he cuts the duct tape. I wince as he slowly peels the tape off my wrists. The flesh in areas comes off with it.

“Evan,” I say again louder. Eddie looks back at Evan. The relief and exhaustion are starting to fill every part of my body.

“Evan!” I finally manage to call loud enough for him to hear.

He looks up at me fist in the air and his face softens – contorting in pain I assume from my appearance.

“He’s not worth it, I need you,” I said as I glance at Jerry’s face mangled and bloody. “Don’t kill him he’ll do that to himself.”

Tears stream down my face and I hold up my hand weakly gesturing for him to come to me. Evan immediately drops Jerry and rushes over to me.

“Oh god my Sonja I thought I lost you.” He gently pulls me to him cradling me in his arms, my face buried in his chest. The warmth radiating from him even though he is breathing heavy from his exertion and the blood staining his shirt, I didn’t care. His aroma filled my senses breathing new life into me despite my exhaustion.

Evan showers me with kisses as he caresses my hair trying not to squeeze too tightly. I can feel him trying to catch his breath and when I look up there are tears streaming down his face. He leans away to assess my damage and looks horrified. He takes my hands in his gently but I still wince.

“What’s wrong?”

“He broke my finger.”

Evan’s face darkens but he only pulls me against him again holding me tightly and this time I don’t care about the pain. I am overly relieved to be back in his arms. Tears stream down my face from the happiness.

“I’m fine more than fine I’m still here and you’re here,” I smile lopsided at him from my split lip as my eyes begin to droop.

“I think she has a concussion,” Eddie says from next to us. I peek at him. He looks just as horrified. The sounds of sirens begin to filter through. My head lulls to the side, Evan catches it.

“Stay with me Sonja,” he says urgently keeping my eyes on his.

“I thought I might never see your eyes again,” I reach up to caress his face.

“I wouldn’t let that happen.”

And although I am beaten and bloody and Evan has Jerry’s blood on his hands, he leans down to kiss me gently on my lips. Tears fall down both our faces continuously as he wraps his arms around me holding me close.

My face rests on his shoulder as the sirens arrive at our location. Eddie leaning against the hood of his car next to us is looking everywhere but at Evan and me.

“Eddie,” I say quietly.

“Hmm,” he meets my gaze with a small smile on his face. I can see the worry and relief etched in his face and body language and a touch of sadness. I gesture for him to come over and Evan releases me.

I attempt to pull him into a hug and he helps me do so when he realizes what I am trying to do.

“Thank you,” I whisper in his ear. My face leans on his shoulder. I am feeling woozy. Eddie squeezes me affectionately. When he pulls away I smile and kiss his cheek.

“I’m always here for you Sonja,” Eddie says bravely even though Evan is standing right there. I don’t think Evan really minds right now after all that has happened.

The police and EMT’s rushed over to us and begin to examine me. I hear Eddie and Evan begin to explain the events to the police from when they arrived. Evan holds onto me as I start to nod in and out. I wouldn’t let go of him for now.

“Yes I assaulted him he was attempting to rape her and obviously he’s already beaten the shit out of her,” Evan says defensively.

“Well where is he?” The police officer snaps suspiciously.

“Right there,” Eddie turns, but where Evan had left Jerry there was only blood and dirt.

“Shit,” Evan breathes. Luckily, from my current state the police couldn’t make Evan a suspect. It just means that Jerry has run off.

“You need to search the area, he might be hiding, I know this neighborhood,” Eddie says glancing nervously at me and I don’t understand. Can’t understand my body is giving up on me. He walks out of hearing distance talking to the police.

“We will have to talk to her and get her statement after she is taken care of medically.” The police officer says to Evan who nods and turns his attention back to me and the medical technicians.

They move me carefully onto a stretcher from where I sat on the hood of the car and start to assess more thoroughly my injuries. My head is foggy and I feel loopy. All I want to do is go to sleep.

“Is she going to be okay?” Evan asks with a hand resting on my shoulder and his eyes never leave mine. “Stay with me Sonja,” he says gently caressing my cheek and smiling taking a deep breath.

“Sir I need you to step back while we examine her,” Evan gives the man a dirty look but does as he is told. “Concussion possible, internal bleeding possible, broken cheek bone, broken finger possibly wrist, lacerations, we need to take her to the hospital now.” He says firmly.

“Don’t leave Evan, I’m so tired, but I just want to look at you,” I say afraid again not really registering what is going on except Evan’s face that seems to be disappearing as my vision seems to be turning into a funnel. My speech is slurred and I am fighting to keep my eyes open.

“I’m not going anywhere baby,” he looks at the EMT. “I’m riding with you all, hurry she’s fading,” he lets them whisk me away into the ambulance and sits down with me holding a hand and keeping quiet and out of the way.

The bright lights of the ambulance make my head hurt more and I close my eyes to block it out and though I am worried about my injuries and don’t really understand all that is going on I feel relieved and welcome the safety of this darkness knowing Evan is with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 42.5K 31
The sequel to ‘On the Couch’ An unexpected arrest… Selfish aspirations… Grudges and revenge fester… True love being tested beyond its limits... Sonja...
435 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
157K 3.6K 27
I feel arms wrap around me, pulling me into a warm body. "No." I whisper out, I try to get away but it was no use, the arms only wrapped tighter aro...
798 295 21
"What are you so afraid of?" he asked, stepping closer until I couldn't move. I felt trapped between him and the wall, and my breath caught in my thr...