Sherlock x Reader

By numero444

More

Coffee Shop (Sherlock x Reader)
Job Interview (Sherlock x Reader)
Sick (John x Reader)
Late Night Reads (Sherlock x Reader)

Concert Hall (Benedict Cumberbatch x Reader)

4.5K 143 93
By numero444

"Are you sure?" I asked my friend, slipping on a little black dress and heels.

"Definitely! Just take the tickets, it's not a big deal. You'll probably enjoy it more than I will" she assured me, helping me zip up.

I was heading to Royal Albert Hall for a classical Baroque performance. My friend was originally supposed to be attending the event, as she had purchased the ticket, but something came up with her boyfriend and she was too busy.

"Well, I guess I'll see you soon?" I asked her, making my way to the apartment door.

"Yeah, let's have coffee tomorrow. Now go, you don't want to be late!

"Okay, okay! Bye!" I called back to my friend, dashing outside and catching the nearest cab.
-----
The car pulled up to the grand building, warm light shining through the several windows.
"Thank you!" I said, handing the driver a few bills and hopping out onto the street.

Walking towards the Hall, I noticed many paparazzi crowding the entrance and sidewalk.

That's weird, I thought. Maybe someone famous is here for the performance as well?
Brushing it off, I squeezed through the masses and arrived at check in.

"Oh, you have prime seating! That'll be up on the centre balcony, first row" directed the woman behind the desk, pointing to the ascending staircases behind her.

"Wonderful!" I smiled, not expecting such a great seat.

Scaling the red carpeted stairs, I located my spot, which was spacious and a plush red.
The surrounding area was also quite unoccupied, even better.

"Perfect" I mumbled to myself, removing my coat and flipping through the evening's schedule.

"Bach......Mozart......wi-"

"Excuse me miss, but would you mind moving your coat? I believe this is my seat" a deep voice interrupted my thinking.

"Yes, yes of course" I replied, hurriedly retrieving it from the seat next to me and placing the jacket on my lap.

I didn't even look at the man's face until I realized something.
That deep voice was oddly familiar, very familiar indeed.
Wait...... no way.
No way.

I slowly looked to my left, where the man was now seated, and I was met with Benedict Cumberbatch's strong profile.
That explained all the commotion outside, there was a celebrity at the Hall after all.

And he was sitting right next to you.

Benedict could obviously feel your inquisitive stare, as he turned his own face to look right back at yours. Yes?"

'
"U-ummm" you started, a bit of a blush creeping up to your cheeks. "I know this is really stereotypical and predictable but I know who you are and I really admire you as an actor and could I have your autograph please?" You rushed out, turning redder with every
second.

There was a moment of silence as the two of you looked at each other, side by side in the huge, dome-like concert hall.

And then Benedict burst out laughing.
"Ye-es, yes o-of course!" he barely managed, taking out a black ballpoint pen and slip of paper.

I just sat there in embarrassment, watching him scribble down his signature, handing the paper back to me with a flourish.

"I'm terribly sorry...." I apologized, gazing down at my shoes.

"No, no, it's no problem! It's just your reaction was funny--actually, quite adorable" he responded, running a hand through his curly locks.

I didn't know what to say, except a brief thank you.

"Ah, it's nothing. Now we better quiet down, the shows starting!" he whispered, as the lights dimmed and the music began.
-----
I applauded, rising to my feet for a standing ovation.
It was just the Intermission, but the beautiful, melodic violin solos and wistful lute had already wowed the audience.

"Now that was just divine, wasn't it?" Benedict remarked, leaning over my shoulder so I could hear his voice above the clapping.

"Yes! I especially loved the cello suite, the harmonies were lovely" I replied, sitting back down and crossing my legs.

Now more comfortable with the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch himself was sitting right next to me, I was trying to at least act normal and engage in conversation with him (I mean, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, right?).

"Hey, how about we go and grab drinks at the bar? My treat" the tall man asked, looking down at my relatively small figure.

To be honest, I was surprised. Why would he ask me, of all people? I was basically just a starstruck fan who just happened to be sitting right next to him. Nevertheless, I of course was willing.

"I would love too, Mr. Cumberbatch" I said, picking up my purse and filing out and into the aisle.

"Perfect! But please, call me Ben. And your name?" he inquired, following me out of the balcony.

"(Y/n), (y/n) (l/n)" I answered with a small smile.
-----
"Could we have two Pinot Noir's?" ordered Ben, the two of us seated at the dark mahogany bar.

As we waited for our drinks, he and I talked about our lives.

"So, what have you been up to lately?" he inquired first, taking sip of his deep red beverage.

"Well, I'm sure nothing as major as yo--"

"Oh, my life's not as interesting as you think, (y/n)!" he chuckled, motioning for me to continue.

"Ha, well I just finished University, and I'm currently working as an understudy at the museum.

"Aahh, so your interested in art history and curating?"

"Yes, that was my major. I do hope I'll make it that far...."

"Don't worry, it all works out in the end. My acting career didn't just take off, it took time. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say".

Ben and I continued our conversation, until the lights flickered and the crowds began to migrate back to their seats.

Funnily enough, I found it quite easy to talk to Benedict.
-----
"Thanks for tonight, (y/n). It was lovely talking to you" voiced the blue eyed man, standing up from his seat and pulling on his coat.

"I had a wonderful evening too. It's not everyday you meet someone famous, and end up sitting next to them at a concert".

"Well, maybe it doesn't have to be the only time" Benedict replied, staring into my (e/c) eyes.

"So, you mean you want to see me again Mr. Cumberbatch...."

"If its not too much trouble, Ms. (l/n)"

You grinned inwardly, delighted that Ben was, shall we say, interested in you.

You took out a pen and wrote your number down on the edge of the concert program pamphlet, passing it to Ben when you were done. "There you are".

"Thank you. I'll call you?" he questioned, watching you file out of the rows of seats and onto the main walk way.

"Of course. Let's have dinner' you responded, giving him a smirk as you whipped around and out of the performance hall.
-----
"So, how was the concert last night?" my friend asked, staring up at me from her large cappuccino.

We were out for coffee, as she had promised the night before.

"Oh, you know. Mozart, Bach, and a date with Benedict Cumberbatch"

"WHAT" she exclaimed, rising out of her chair and staring down at me in shock.

"I know"

"HOW!?"

"The ticket you gave me was for prime seating, and the man ended up sitting right next to me. One thing led to another and we exchanged numbers".

After an awkard moment of silence between us, she sat down, a huge smile lighting up her face.

"Damn, I shouldn't have given that ticket to you, lucky dog" she chuckled, taking another gulp of her coffee.

"Hey! You've got a boyfriend!" I teased, punching her arm playfully.

"I know, I know. But I'm so happy for you! Do you know when you'll meet up next?"

I smiled at my friends eager face, her wanting to know all the details. "I don't know, probably this week--"

My phone suddenly rang, the shrill tone interrupting our conversation. The caller ID was unknown, but I picked it up anyway.

"Hello? Who's this?" I questioned, my friend as confused as I was.

"Oh, hi (y/n)! It's Ben, from last night. Are you free for dinner this evening?".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
5.2M 186K 73
Everyone has a soulmate. Y/N the daughter of Aizawa Shouta and M/N lives in fear of hers. The large red mark on her face draws the attention of every...
4.6M 193K 101
Camilo Madrigal. His nerve. His self-obsessed smirk. You wanted nothing to do with him after what he did. But maybe there's something beneath that sm...