Walkers Book 1- Changing

By NocteLamia101

Day and Night Walkers have always hated each other. Even in our modern days with unstable peace reigning, not... More

Walkers
Part I - New and wrong - Chapter 1: Unfairness (Part 1)
Chapter 1: Unfairness (Part 2)
Chapter 2: Children of the Moon (Part 1)
Chapter 2: Children of the Moon (Part 2)
Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 1)
Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 2)
Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 1)
Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 2)
Chapter 5: Powerless (Part 1)
Chapter 5: Powerless (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 1)
Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 2)
Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 1)
Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Swimming in blood (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Swimming in blood (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Facing the truth
Chapter 11: Confessions
Chapter 12: Confusing moments
Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Forever Silenced
Chapter 15: Uncolored
Part II - Dead To Me - Chapter 16: The new norm
Chapter 17: The hunter and the prey (Part 1)
Chapter 17: The hunter and the prey (Part 2)
Chapter 18: Fire and ice (Part 1)
Chapter 18: Fire and ice (Part 2)
Chapter 19: Begging for mercy (Part 1)
Chapter 19: Begging for mercy (Part 2)
Chapter 20: Chaos
Acknowledgements

Chapter 8: Strange victory (Part 2)

894 44 5
By NocteLamia101

Part 2 and it's still Tanner; hope you all don't mind ;)

Picture: Nicola Peltz (with brown hair) as Aria Brooks

Song: Lego House by Ed Sheeran

            The plane ride was long; Tanner didn’t want to know exactly how long it was, because otherwise it would only make it seem even longer. Maria had finally decided to sit with Gwen, which was perfectly fine with him. Tanner needed his space at least once a week. Especially after what had happened in his dorm room earlier; sure before it had been funny, but thinking about it now, it was awkward.

            The school had reserved three private jets for the trip. The teachers that were accompanying them were all Day Walkers, because the older Nights would die with the heat and the sun. On the plane Dylan was sitting next to him, Jonas and Viola were behind them.

“Apparently we might be camping on the beach.” Dylan said joyfully. His friend had not even attempted to mention what had happened in the dorm; Tanner was grateful for it. “And I’m just saying that if we do, I call dibs on sharing a tent with Tanner.”

            “Dude, that’s not fair!” Jonas exclaimed grabbing on to Tanner seat, annoyingly shaking it. “I wanted to share a tent with Tanner. Owe! Damn it, Viola that hurt!” Viola had obviously just pinched him.

            “Jonas, will you man up for once.” Viola snapped. “And by the way, I wanted to share a tent with you.” 

A small moment of silence passed. “Oh.” Jonas suddenly responded, understanding what his girlfriend meant. “Okay then Dyl, you can share your tent with Tanner. I’m going to room with my girlfriend.”

            Great, now he was doing to be stuck with Dylan snoring all night, Tanner regrettably thought as he sunk into his chair. At least his friend didn’t have his hamster anymore. Jonas had lived up to his promise and had killed it last week because he was tired of it constantly running in its wheel all night. Dylan thought that it had gotten a heart, but Jonas had simply snapped its neck. They vowed to each other never to talk to Dylan about it, but they cruelly laughed about it every time they had the chance. 

Tired, Tanner looked out the window, enjoying the sun; it’ll probably be twilight when they arrived, he supposed.

He was about to fall asleep his head against the window, when he suddenly heard someone call his name. He turned around and saw standing in the alley of the plan, a girl that he vaguely recalled that was in his Vampireologies class.

“Yeah?” Tanner responded to the girl, trying not to sound too mean or rude.

            She looked nervous and embarrassed. Great, Tanner thought, this can’t be good. 

Hum hi.” She said with a smile and a shy wave. “I’m Tory Stevenson; I’m in your Vampireologie class.”

            Tanner nodded. Come on just say it, he thought getting irritated; let’s get this over with.

“My friend Danicka Ray” She quickly pointed to a pretty Day Walker sitting not too far away from them. “Wanted me to ask you, if you would like to go on a walk on the beach with her later?” Tory was red of embarrassment.

            Tanner looked at Danicka for a few seconds, before finally he came to a conclusion. “Isn’t she Noah’s sister.” He asked. Tory nodded.

            He really hated Noah Ray; he was the big show off of the school. He seemed to be good at everything and bragged about it to anything and anyone all the time. But honestly, that wasn’t the big problem (Tanner did the same thing), the problem was, Noah had once dated Maria for a total of three days, before she broke up with him; something about him pressuring her into sex.  When his sister had told him that, Noah had then been in the infirmary for almost two days, and Tanner had almost gotten expelled, but it had been worth it. And that’s when his hatred for the Noah Ray had started.

            “Yeah, hum” Tanner finally answered, searching for his words. “I really don’t…you see Tory, I’m not really into that kind of stuff. Well it’s cute and all, she’s cute and all, but I’m not into walking on the beach, holdings hands, giving each other chocolates and flowers… you know, cheap romantic crap. So euh, can you just tell Danicka that I’m sorry, but I really, really, just…no.” He knew that what he’d just said probably didn’t make any sense whatsoever, but in his head it did, and that’s what counted.

            “Okay.” Tory casually said turning towards Dylan. “Would you like to go on a walk on the beach with Danicka later?”

            Tanner thought it was rather funny that the girl just so happened to have a back up plan; but he also thought it was pretty cruel of Danicka to ask his friend. Everyone knew all too well that Dylan could never saw no; especially to pretty girls.

“Hum… okay.” His friend replied, blushing and refusing to look at Tory.   

             “Okay, she’ll meet you off the plane when we land.” Was the last thing the girl said, before turning around and then going to go sit back with her friend.

            Tanner waited until Tory was out of ear shot, before he turned to Dylan. “If you’re getting lucky tonight, just make sure that you don’t do it in the tent.” He said to his friend trying to make the situation seem a little brighter. Jonas and Viola laughed. Dylan gently slapped Tanner behind the head. Why was everyone doing that to him today?

            “You won’t have to worry about that.” Dylan mumbled. “As soon as the plane lands, I’m making a run for it, and I’m going to hide until Danicka finds some other boy-toy. She’ll probably end up with her brother.”

            After that, Tanner, Dylan, Jonas and Viola spent about an hour discussing about what exactly was a boy-toy. Eventually, Tanner got tired of the conversation, and let his friends continue to discuss as he looked around the plane, again. Across the plane, Tory and Danicka were whispering and laughing with one another—probably talking about Dylan—Tanner was once again reminded why he didn’t like those kinds of girls; the ones who thought that just by asking, or sending someone to do it for them that they would get whatever they wanted because they were hot and rich. Whatever they wanted, Tanner always made a point of saying no to those hags. Dylan on the other hand, most of the time was too nice to say anything bad, so he constantly said yes, and then made a run for it because he was just that decent.  Of course Tanner had dated a couple of times—more than a couple actually—, but nothing had ever really gotten serious, he wasn’t sure if he was ready for that sort of thing. Maybe he was; he just hadn’t found the right girl yet. With that in, he tore his gaze away from the two giggling Day Walkers, and continued to look around the plane. His eyes eventually fell on Hayden Brooks. She was talking with her twin sister, which he knew had been staring him since the beginning of the flight. Hayden’s long black hair was tightly tied back, and her clear grey-blue eyes were sparkling. Very attractive.

“Here’s a fucking little tip Day Walker; Hayden’s doesn’t fuck around. You need to be damn honest and fucking direct with her, and she doesn’t take any shit from anyone.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

            “You’ll need the advice if you decided to go for her.”  

The conversation with Evander earlier suddenly rang back in Tanner’s mind. Thinking back on it now, the whole discussion had just been pointless. Hayden was a Night Walker, and he was a Day Walker; end of story.

Aria

            Aria knew that she was staring at him, even as everyone got off the plane, she still kept staring. But she couldn’t help it; Tanner Preston was so incredibly attractive and her eyes couldn’t seem to ever get enough of him. But she knew very well that he probably wasn’t really paying much attention to her, whenever Tanner’s eyes wandered around, they somehow for some reason always fell on her sister. But right now, Aria knew better than to think about what possible things that the Day Walker was feeling towards her twin; what was more important was that Hayden had finally told her about the odd colours that she was seeing, about the ones that surrounded Aria, the ones that were around Tanner and also what they meant. At first Aria was a little mad at her twin because she’d told the Day Walker, Evander and Chayton before her that she was a Soul Reader; but at least in the end Hayden had said something, which of course, was way better than her usual silence. Hayden had explained that it was because of the ritual that she had gotten the ability. Her sister didn’t seem particularly happy about it and she constantly complained that she would have rather had gotten nothing; but she couldn’t do anything about it. Her ability was there to stay, whether she liked it or not. Aria had pointed out that at least the ritual had worked even after all the chaos that had happened. For the pass month, there had been nothing but peace between the two vampire kinds. Well, that is, as much peace as there could possibly be.

            It was twilight time and finally a rumour had for once proven itself to be true; everyone was going to camp on the beach. Hawaii really was truly a beautiful place; the trees, the sand, the plants and the water, all seemed to work together to create the perfect scenery. Every student was told to pair up with a vampire of their own kind, and then was given a tent to place anywhere they wanted. Aria and Hayden decided to install theirs the furthest away from everyone, it was quieter and hopefully when everyone got drunk later and danced around a campfire, they’d be far away enough to not be bothered as much. When the tent was set, they went inside to change into their swimsuits. Hayden was wearing a black one piecebathing suit, with black swim shorts. Her black hair was tied back into a simple tight ponytail, revealing her natural beauty. Her sister always liked to look simple, but Hayden never really realised how beautiful she truly was. As for Aria, she was wearing a dark blue and black bikini, which she hoped would bring her some attention from the boys and of course of a certain Day Walker in particular. Aria may be short, but she had a nice, curvy and sexy body to make up for it.

            When she and Hayden got out of their tent, many vampires were already in the water, oddly enough, both Walker kinds didn’t mind being less than one meter from each other as they all splashed around in the ocean. The sky was slowly getting dark, but it was still hot and beautiful outside. The Day Walkers had gotten the brilliant idea to set up small campfires all over the beach so they would be able to see. Aria had never been somewhere so hot in her entire life, and she felt like she was going to pass out any second because of the heat; but she knew better than to go complain, other Nights were surely going to do it soon enough anyways, she silently thought to comfort herself as she and Hayden walked quietly along the beach. Her twin wanted to go swimming with the others to freshen up but Aria refused to go because she didn’t want to get her hair wet. Eventually, she and her sister spotted Ezra near the water talking with Callista and Liora. He was wearing a tight white shirt to show his muscles without actually having to take his shirt off; Liora would probably get jealous because of all the girls that would be looking at him. Looking at her sister’s friends all nicely dressed in their swimming wear, Aria suddenly realised that it was funny that they were all a bunch of teens in Hawaii so pale that it looked like they had never seen sunlight in their entire life. Of course, she would never mention that out loud.

            “Hey, have you guys seen my brother?” Callista asked Aria and Hayden when they finally reached everyone.

            “No” Hayden mumbled, then walking passed her circle and towards the ocean. She put her hands into the water and then rubbed her neck. “Why would I want to see Cole?” She then said when everyone had followed her to the water, like the little followers they were. Cole had now officially become a subject of conversation to not have with her sister as well as anyone else in the circle.

            “He wasn’t on either of the planes.” Ezra pointed out, wrapping an arm around Liora’s shoulders and then kissing her cheek, seeming very careless to the conversation.  

            After a small silence, Aria decided to speak up. “Maybe the teachers kept him at school.” She timidly commented, trying to blend into her sister’s group of friends.

            Someone then immediately changed subject and they all started to talk about the heat, their long flight, the heat, the water, and the heat.

            “It’s so hot.”

            “Why is it so hot?”

            “I think I’m going to die.”

            “I need some blood.”

            “It’s so damn hot!”

            “Someone kill me, it’s too hot.”

            “Who’s idea was it to come here anyway?”

            “This place is too hot for Night Walkers.”

            This went on for a few minutes, until eventually a Day Walker politely interrupted them.

“We’re doing a sand sculpture contest.” He said to them seeming slightly uncomfortable. “Day Walker teams against Night Walker teams; are you vamps in?”          

Everyone then suddenly turned towards Hayden; she was after all the circle leader, so she decided for everyone. Can’t they think for themselves? Aria asked herself, as the circle stared at her twin sister with blank expressions.

“Yeah sure” Her sister answered with a smile, speaking for everyone and acting as if everything were perfectly normal. “What’s the prize?” She then wanted to know.

      That brought a smile to the Day Walker’s lips. “Noah Ray was able to sneak twenty blood bags from the school and bring them here without any caught.” The Day Walker whispered to them so that the teachers that were nearby wouldn’t overhear. “If your team wins, you get them all.”

            The contest was at eight o’clock pm sharp, and naturally everyone came. The prize was blood; of course everyone was going to be present. Well everyone except for the fifteen students that were causing a distraction somewhere to keep all of the teachers busy while the contest went on. Half of the students were watching and voting for the best sculpture, and the other half was participating to win the blood. Aria could already feel the taste of it in her mouth; it was so good that she almost started to drool.

            When everyone one settled down, a Day Walker, Noah Ray, took over.

“Alright Walkers” He said loudly to the contestants; he was oddly happy, and a little awkward. Maybe he’d been smoking something before coming to the contest. “So, here are the rules: your sculpture needs to be over three feet high and at least a foot large. Or is it three feet large and one foot high?” He paused to think about it. After a few seconds of embarrassing silence, he revived himself. “It doesn’t matter; just make sure you have one of the two.” He paused again to clear his throat. “Anyway, you’re not allowed to do something boring, unless if you want to get disqualified. You need to do something creative and original, oh and if you want to win the prize, your team needs to blow my mind away. You have an hour and a half, so yeah, you better get started. Onetwothreego!” Some moron blew a whistle and everyone begun. 

            Hayden, Callista, Ezra, Chayton, Evander, Liora and Aria were a team. Earlier, they’d all gotten together to decide what they were going to do for the contest. Evander had suggested that they should build sculpture of Noah so that they would defiantly win, but everyone had protested. Liora wanted to do an eagle killing a mouse with its claws, but everyone agreed that it was too violent for the precious Days, and also much too complicated. Hayden wanted to do an eclipse, but no one on the team had any idea how to do that either. Aria wanted to do a mermaid on a rock, but everyone thought it was too girly. Eventually, Chayton had finally suggested a good and realistic idea for their sculpture; a dragon. It was a simple enough, and if they did everything perfectly, they could actually win.

When the whistle blew, immediately everyone on the team begun to dig in the ground to get to the wet dark sand, and once they did, they started working on the creature. Every Night Walker was naturally talented artistically; whether it was music, theatre, drawing, sculpting, painting, they were good at it. The question was, were they good enough?

Maria

            Oh yeah, Maria thought looking around her, we’re so winning this.  When she and Tanner were younger, their mom had forced them into advance art classes so that they would be out of the house and would be doing something to keep them busy once they got back home; now, there weren’t many things that she and her twin couldn’t do. Her team for the contest was composed of Tanner—Maria had immediately gone to find him when she had heard about the event—, Jonas his twin sister Aurelie, Dylan, Gwen, Viola, Jaden and Blake. They had decided to construct a mummy trying to dig its way out of the sand; it was Tanner who had come up with the idea. Maria and her brother kept barking orders at everyone (and each other) and also put their skills to good use as they both sculpted the mummy; she and her brother were both aiming for perfection. Jaden had been able to find/steal a tone of toilette paper and Tanner had told everyone to roll the paper in the sand, so it looked old and used.

            Soon enough the time to finish the sculpture was almost over and as everyone hurried to finish their creations, Maria decided that it was time to go walk around to see what the other competitors were submitting. As she walked, she noticed that there were a lot of ridiculous sculptures like dogs, cars, SpongeBob, starfishes, and of course stupid mermaids on a rock. Maria was quite sure that nothing would be a threat to her team, which was of course, until she finally saw the eight foot tall and ten foot wide sand dragon. Even she had to admit, it looked impressive, so impressive that Maria just knew that it would win over their stupid scary mummy. So, Maria did something that she wasn’t proud of. After making sure that no one was paying much attention to her, she focused her gaze on the dragon, she focused really hard with all of her telekinesis might; she must have done something right because the dragon’s head fell off the body and landed on the ground and then tragically broke.

            “Damn it, you’ve got to be fucking kidding me!” Maria immediately heard the vampire Evander cuss.

            Maria saw Hayden’s eyes snap towards her direction, like the Night Walker knew that it was her that caused the “accident”. But Maria didn’t care; the Night could never really prove what happened without sounding crazy. The bitch would just have to live with her headless dragon sculpture and get over it.

            When someone blew the whistle to announce the end of the sculpture making, Maria went back to her team feeling quite proud of herself. She was positive that her team was going to win, now that threat was out of the way.

            As she walked to stand beside her brother, Tanner shot her a cruel look. “I saw what you did.” He said to her trying to seem subtle. “Even I have to admit that was low, even for you.”

            “Do you want to win the blood bags or not?” She replied harshly. Maria knew that her twin wanted the blood just as badly as she did; they really have a drinking problem but neither of them would admit it out loud.

            Noah was going around with a notepad with a few other kids, trying to look smart to evaluate the sand sculptures. He was about three away from theirs, when Tanner suddenly completely ruined their chances of winning. Maria saw the whole scene as if it were in slow motion. Her twin sneezed, but not a little one, a huge gross, very fake sneeze. Her brother had sneezed so hard, that he fell backwards and landed right on the mummy. The slow motion ended when Jonas, Dylan, Viola and Blake started laughing; Jaden and Aurelie looked baffled that all their hard work had been for nothing, and Maria was completely furious! Tanner had done that on purpose! This was his cruel way of teaching her a lesson.

            “Tanner!” She said rushing towards him and then hurrying to pull him up; hoping some parts of the mummy had survived. But no luck, it was all destroyed by Tanner’s powerful buttocks.

            “Man that really sucks.” Jonas choked out, still laughing.

            When Noah arrived to evaluate their sculpture, all that was left was a big pile of sand and some toilet paper. Noah didn’t even bother to ask Blake or Jonas what was so funny, he just quickly wrote something on his notepad, and then continued his way on. When the Day Walker was done going around, he ordered everyone to be quiet so that he could announce the winners.

            “Alright, so, it actually wasn’t that hard to come up with a winner because you all suck.” Noah honestly admitted to everyone, getting a lot of dirty looks from the contestants. He then cleared his throat, and then looked at his notepad. “So the winners of the contest and of the twenty blood bags are…”

Sure enough, it was Hayden’s team that got first place. Apparently Noah thought that having a no-headed dragon was completely spot on. Maria promised herself that later when no one was going to be around, she would go slay that stupid sand dragon to the ground.  

Maria really is a bitch.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Is anyone in the mood for a little action? Then stay tuned for the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.7K 33
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It's been four years since Olivia Clark destroyed her parents, saved the world, and began to live out her happily ever after...
Questions: Why? By venus6566

Mystery / Thriller

221 3 40
North school is a mysterious school. In 2206 the principal got murdered. and no one knows why, who done it and where her body is. Skyler is a differ...
467 9 30
Not knowing the truth behind her dark past, and the mysterious death of her parents, how could Ariana believe everything in her life was normal? To...
242K 11K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...