Explosions: anakin skywalker

By littlesunspot

how a girl from Generis almost stole a Jedi's heart an anakin skywalker fanfiction More

playlists
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
HI

chapter 9

2.7K 84 45
By littlesunspot

He looks at her and sees the stars and she looks at him and sees the sun and they both think the other is just looking at the ground.

Never has Elara felt more uncomfortable in her own skin than under the gaze of Anakin. As they walk toward the doors to the outside world, he watches her periodically. She can feel it; since the day they met, she has been able to feel his eyes on her body, on her face, on her skin and smile. At first, it was faint, but as her bond with the Force grows stronger, so did her senses when it came to Anakin. She feels him without even having to touch.

They walk in silence, as they usually do, never knowing quite what to say or where to put their emotions when they finally get the nerve to open their mouths. Anakin imagines the scolding Obi Wan will probably do later on upon hearing about taking Elara outside the castle walls.

How dare you take her outside with no back up, he will say. She is a runner, Anakin. That has not been beaten out of her, Anakin.

Obi Wan is an impeccable actor around Elara. Elara has no idea about the lack of faith Obi Wan has for her. After all these years, he has never gotten over the fact that Elara broke the bond that they had with each other, leaving a trail of fire in her wake as she escaped his clutches seemingly forever. He can pretend he has forgotten, but Anakin knows, after so many conversations about the matter, he can never forgive.

Recklessness is a trait Jedi are not supposed to have, but she has it, and that had angered Obi Wan then, and it still does now.

For Anakin, it only makes him like and respect Elara more. Inside her lies a reckless spirit. Inside him lies the same.

He is afraid that her spirit may cause him trouble now. He is afraid that he might regret letting her have this small, temporary escape, for she may run, just as she has done before. Anakin is not sure if he could handle that.

They reach the doors, and he sees her reach out for the door handle. He steps in front of her swiftly. She folds her arms with a smirk, standing her ground.

"Second thoughts?" Elara speaks, her tone challenging, yet playful.

"No," he replies, amused. He towers over her, but she is not intimidated. She has never been, and probably never will be.

"I just need you to promise me you won't run away," Anakin adds.

Again, Elara does not falter, "Why? Would you miss me?" It is meant as a joke, but both of them sense a hint of earnestness underlying in her voice.

"I would be in big trouble if you left," he responds after a moment.

"You'd be in big trouble because you'd miss me," she challenges again, stepping a bit closer to him.

Elara is never sure where the sudden bursts of playfulness arise from. On the outside, she is teasing, and she executes it smoothly, but on the inside...she feels unsure in her steps and in her words. And yet, her abrupt, instinctual manner always wins over, and the thought that she wants to put into her actions is thrown away.

"Just please...promise me that you will stay put," Anakin's smile leaves his face, completely serious now, "If we had to go after you again, the Council and the Senate would not be so lenient with your sentence."

Now is when she falters. For a moment, there is silence yet again.

Elara finds herself wanting to follow his commands, something she never thought she would want. Her word is sacred, which is why she never gives it to anyone. Giving him her word now means much more than he can ever imagine.

She is filled with dismay as she hears herself say, "I promise."

His smile is back, which makes her remorse fly from her mind.

"Let us go, then."

Anakin opens the door, and Elara feels like she is breathing. She is stunned, paralyzed as she takes in the scene. The sun envelopes her, the world seems to sway as she enters it again. Elara feels powerful again. She feels an innate sense of calm for the first time in weeks.

The breeze brushes against her skin. She wants to run... but not flee.

"Are you alright?"

Anakin has been standing by her side, watching her. Watching her glow and smile and sway in the wind. She looks natural.

She looks beautiful.

His words break her from her trance, and she smiles over at him. It is the most innocent expression he has ever seen on her face. No malice, no sarcasm.

When she smiles like this, she smiles with her full being. She is a star.

"I'm better than I've felt in days, Skywalker."

This fills him with joy.

"Would you like to see more of the grounds? There's a small pond nearby, and forests and plenty of space to roam around," he rambles for a moment. Elara sees the boyish attitude that she has heard about from Obi Wan but never experienced until now, and her grin becomes wider.

"I would love to."

Cautiously, Anakin extends his arm for her to take, and she does without hesitation. His skin is warm against hers, sending small chills down her back.

He makes this moment all the more wonderful. She feels even more in her element by his side.

They walk evenly at the same pace, the sun watching over them as they begin to explore.

---

The pond glitters in the sunlight, and the two sit on its bank, drenched. They had gone for a swim, as suggested by Elara as the day grew hotter. Her hair dances wildly in the wind as it dries, and some of his hair falls into his face as they sit, gazing over the waters.

"I told you, there's nothing like a good swim on days like these," she sighs, leaning back onto the sand. He lies down to rest beside her.

"I never doubted you for a moment," Anakin smiles at her.

She grins back at him for a moment before looking up at the clear blue sky.

"If I could choose a place to stay, this would be the kind of place I would pick," Elara stares into the sky, her eyes the brightest he has seen them. His heart breaks a little for her, thinking that she may never get that choice. Yes, she had been free, but she was ever moving, forever flowing with the galaxy and running from anyone who threatened to stop her. She had many houses to go to and places to see, but never a home to return to.

He desperately wishes he could give her that.

"The city's nice," he replies, "But it is definitely places like this that are the most magical."

"I've always found comfort by the water's edge," Elara confesses, "Something about the weightlessness of the water, and the world beneath the surface and the sun on it's waves...always changing."

"You love change," he observes.

"Not necessarily," she responds, her face falling a little bit, "I've just never known anything else."

"You know...the Jedi life is full of twists and turns," Anakin keeps his eyes on her, "but it is constant in the fact that we do what we do to help others. And our companions are constant. The Jedi are very supportive, close group of people...you could learn to love being a part of this world." Elara looks at him, their gazes matched.

She wears a sad smile.

"I thought that the first time," she begins to confide in him, "I wanted a family... a family that would feel the way they were supposed to feel about me. My family...they rarely gave me much attention. I was a shadow of a child. I wanted to fit into the group you are describing so badly, but I could never help but feel alone."

"I feel alone sometimes, too," Anakin replies, maybe too quickly, "I know how you felt. But I can promise you...I can help you find a home with me. With us. As Jedi. This time can be different, if you choose to embrace it."

He sees that her arm is by her side, her hand upturned. Without much thinking, he reaches to take it in his own.

He can feel how tense Elara is as their fingers intertwine, but she relaxes, slowly but surely.

She gives his hand a small squeeze, and Anakin takes a deep breath.

This is a fit that neither had been prepared for, but they embraced with open arms. The two watch the sky change overhead as sundown approaches, and they slowly drift off to the sound of the water rippling, hand in hand.

---

I HOPE YALL ORDERED CHEDDAR BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER IS CHEESY AF

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319 7 6
"I never understood why I was born the way I was, I was taken to the Jedi temple to become a Jedi Padawan yet I was dealt with very little to work wi...
195K 5.5K 88
A girl from Earth teleports to Tatooine right before the start of The Phantom Menace. Not knowing where she is at first, she bumps into young Anakin...
419K 13.1K 60
• Anakin Skywalker / reader • You live on Coruscant and work in the temple medbay. After years of pain and hardship, you life is exactly how you've a...
15.4K 481 26
Anala isn't a fan of Anakin Skywalker, but little did she know he was about to turn her whole world upside down. "I can't stand you" "I know" THERE W...