Hiding my heart behind my soc...

By sao099

Willow Pekoe was the girl who had it all! Perfect boyfriend, amazing family, soccer and a best friend who was... More

How it all started
A fresh start
Fears and Friends
One down, one to go
Buddies
Questions
Unexpected
Words
New developements
Change of hearts
Jumped
Decisions decisions.
Swept
Stumbling
Ranch
Training
Breakfast

Is to was

3.7K 85 9
By sao099

(Willow’s P.O.V)

I woke up today, knowing that this was going to be my day. It was the day of the boys try outs, and I knew it was going to be tuff.

I put on my new pink Nike singlet (just to let the boys know I’m a girl, in case they hadn’t noticed!) and my short black running shorts. With my hair already in the braids from last night, I was good to go after only 20 minutes.

I started walking to the soccer field, and the further I walked, the more anxious I got. I started to think, what are the boys going to think of me, trying to get into THEIR team when I already had one? But I told myself, that if I got into the team because I had better skill then them, they don’t deserve to be on the team.

So when I neared the field, I had my head up high, and my chest puffed out like I knew I had the right to be there.

When I started walking over, I could already notice all the glares and looks of surprises I was getting.

I acted as if I didn’t notice and sat down on the cool green grass, near the main group to put on my purple Nike boots (if you haven’t noticed yet, I love Nike!) and to start stretching.

I heard some of the whispers going around, but I tried to act like I didn’t care.

Soon after, Coach Collin’s walks out and calls everyone in. Looking around, I saw about 20 people, which meant 4-5 people were going to be cut.

I also noticed a certain Mr Hottie Hottie Hot Hot. My mouth nearly hit the ground. Why was he here! He seemed to be thinking the same things as me because he had a look of shock on his face too.

I turned away from him, cause I didn’t want him to know that it was me (even though I knew he saw me, but still, I didn’t want to attract him over so I looked like I was busy doing something else), when Coach started talking.

“Okay crew, defenders and goalies this half,” Pointing to the left “and mids and forwards this way please” .pointing to the right. He had a very gruff voice but he was only 30 and he was fit, you could just tell.

I moved to the left of the group with the rest of the defenders and forwards. I tried to collect myself and act like I was meant to be there, but it was hard.

All these boys towered over me and they were all so muscular! I have played in a boy’s team for 13 years and have never felt scared before, but these were not boys.

These were tanks of just muscle, and I didn’t know how someone so short like me was going to up against them.

In a spur of the moment, I remembered a song:

I’m always pushing myself to the limit

making sure I stay ahead

you made me who I am, from the words you said

Some people have to learn

some people wait their turn

some people but not me

I was born a champion

Some people have to fight

some people give their lives

some people don’t believe

I was born a champion

Feeling inspired to give everything I had, to show the boys that I deserved to be on this team, I decided that I would make this team, if it was the last thing I did.

Our manager for our team, Ron, told us that we would be doing a series of drills not stop, in a circular rotation for over 30 minutes. If we decided to sit down before those 30 minutes were up, we were disqualified for making the team.

With this he started explaining all the drills in the rotation. First you had to do continuous pushups, then hurdles, next was running 10kg medicine balls up and down a hill, then a continuous sit ups. After that you had a sprinting exercise, where you sprint forward and back nonstop. Now you have a rest spot, which is basically an exercise spot where you catch your breath before the rest of the exercises.  

Next was a passing drill, where you pass to a player, then run to a cone 5 metres away where the ball is lain off to you and vice verse. Then you start the cycle over and over until the 30 minutes is up. Everyone starts on a different spot in the cycle, and you can only move to the next exercise when the bells goes off, which goes every 50 seconds.

If you didn’t put in enough effort too, you would also be disqualified, so you actually had to pump out all the energy you had for 30 mintues.

I started on the sit-ups with 3 other people. I noticed that Mr Hottie Hottie Hot Hot wasn’t over here, so he must be a mid or forward. Just when I was looking around, I noticed a tall, black haired boy looking over at me.

“What”? I all but snapped at him. All the glares and looks were starting to annoy me so I guessed I Kinda snapped.

“Nothing, I was just going to introduce myself. Hi, I’m Jet”. He said in casual tone.

“Willow”. I simply replied with a little wave since I wanted to be completely focused.

I think he got the hint because all he did was nod and walked off to go stretch.

Soon Ron walked back over with a buzzer.

“On your marks, get set, GO”!

I started my sit ups, controlling them enough, so my abs wouldn’t hurt as much as they would if I only went halfway up.

Buzzer

Sprint, Sprint, Sprint.

Buzzer

Breathe.

Buzzer

Pass didily, pass didily. (Sorry, it’s just something that always comes to my head when doing passing exercises).

Buzzer

Push it up, Push it up.

Buzzer

Jump the hurrrrdle, Jump the hurrrrdle.

Buzzer

Medicine balls, medicine balls!

I think I ended up doing the whole cycle 40 times. I am so exhausted you have no idea. My arms felt like jelly from running the medicine balls up the hill; I could barely get my arm up to wipe the sweat running into my eyes. And my legs, they felt like they were going to buckle any second!

Though the cycle, 5 boys dropped out. They haven’t got any shot getting back into the team. Coach called us all over, including the forwards and mids, and sat us down to tell us some news.

“Toda I saw a lot of greatness, from boys and girls.” At this he looked at me and gave me a giant smile. “Everybody sitting on the grass here is in the team. Congratulations!” He said just before he walked off.

It was dead silent.

Nobody could believe that

1.       They got into the team that easily and

2.       I was in the team.

I think everybody was manly quiet from the second option, since they were all staring at me with wide eyes, all but one.

Mr Hottie hottie hot hot was sitting there, looking anywhere but at me, like I wasn’t good enough to be looked at.

I couldn’t stand it; with the only energy I could muster, I got up and ran away from all the disapproving glares. I ran away from him.

(Tai’s P.O.V)

Willow, willow was the girl. The girl I had to ignore, hate and the one I was supposed to be repulsed from. Her! Why did it have to be her?

She turned up to the trial in her cute short shorts, new boots and tiny tee, all I wanted to do was smash my lips into hers.

Now I see her different though. She’s now the girl who took another man’s spot on this team. The one who was going to make us loose this year.

When she was told that she was on the team, she didn’t even look surprised, like she somehow deserved to be on this team! Well she doesn’t.

I didn’t even have the courage to look at her, because I knew I would do something id regret, that something I don’t know, but I know it would have been bad.

Soon after I heard angry footsteps leaving across the field; away from me. At that I got up and walked in the opposite direction.

Argh!

Jet had followed me.

All he said was, “Let me guess, she’s the girl”? He left quickly; he knew I would punch him in the face for saying that.

Yes she is the girl, she was the girl.

Hey guys, hope you enoyed it? Whay do you think of Tai's thought???  Please comment! :)

Sao xoxoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...