Your Chance

calliopetorres

Harrison is a former football player who played for the Dallas Cowboys. He retires early to spend time with h... Еще

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Valentine's Day
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
THANK YOU

Chapter 1

624 13 2
calliopetorres

"Keep the ball close to your body," he told his son. "You don't want to fumble."

"Okay, daddy," Adam answered his father. "Throw me a far one this time."

Harrison smiled, setting up for a snap. "Alright hotshot," he said snapping the ball. Adam took off down the yard, Harrison throwing the football as far as he possibly could. Adam jumped and caught it, running a little farther with the football tucked and close to his body as his father instructed.

Adam tossed him the football and he was setting up for another snap before he heard his name being called. "Harrison!"

"Gotta go kid," he smiled, tossing Adam the ball back. "Keep working on your footwork."

Adam nodded, beginning to run the lines his dad showed him.

"Harrison," she called again just as he walked in the kitchen.

Carrie's lips were in a straight line as she held the phone out to him. "They want you to come back from retirement."

He pointed at himself with a questioning look. "I thought we were planning on having another kid."

"That's what I thought," she said, handing him the phone before walking out into the living room.

She looked at all the awards in his trophy case. Two Super Bowl rings, many trophies, plenty of footballs from game winning plays, a jersey of each color, and her favorite; the Pete Rozelle Trophy. He'd won Super Bowl MVP trophy his last season before he retired to be with her, and she couldn't have been more proud of him. He'd worked so hard those five years before the Cowboys' back to back Super Bowl victories. He'd led their defense through the ups and downs, eventually making his way to team captain and calling the plays down on the field.

Carrie spotted his yearly awards, plenty of both offensive and defensive player of the week and month trophies. She had framed a headline from the newspaper about him which she'd given him a few years ago for their anniversary. It was titled 'Harrison Ford makes history and Hall of Fame case'. The frame sat next to his gold Hall of Fame jacket.

He was the youngest and fastest player ever to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, being inducted 1 year after retiring. The normal wait time was 5 years before a player could be eligible, but the NFL commissioner made an exception for him when 98% of voters first choices were for him.

In his seven year career, he'd become one of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game of football, as well as one of the most winningest linebackers in Cowboys and NFL history. And he'd been rewarded with a trip with the greats to Canton, to join the Hall of Fame.

She felt his arms around her as she leaned back into his embrace. "What'd they say?"

He sighed, "they offered a three year, $75 million dollar deal, that I declined." She backed closer into his chest in relief. "We're going to have another child, and besides, we don't need the money anyway."

The second statement was true. He'd earned enough in seven years that their grandchildren will never have to get jobs in their lifetimes.

"And I don't want you to get hurt again."

The last game in his second season, he'd broken his collar bone, three ribs, and was left with a severe concussion. The doctors weren't sure if he was going to come back from the concussion but somehow he did. He used the summer for recovery and was able to come back the first week of the next season.

But Harrison knew ever since his injury, she'd still continued to support him, but there was always that little bit of fear that he would get hurt badly again. That's why she was nervous when the Cowboys called, asking him to come out of retirement, and even more nervous when her son followed in his fathers footsteps.

"Carrie, I'm not going back."

She turned to face him. "But what's he going to say when he finds out they called you to come back? You know he wants to see you play again."

Harrison sighed. "Adam's just going to have to except it. We have plans, and I want to follow through with those plans."

•••

They were almost done with dinner when the doorbell rang. Carrie and Harrison exchanged a glance, they weren't expecting anyone. Harrison left the table and opened the front door to see one of the Cowboys representatives. "Mr. Ford may I come in for a few moments?"

"Yeah Tom," he said, letting him in.

"Listen Harrison, I know you declined our offer over the phone, so I thought I'd ask again in person. Would you come back for few years?"

"No."

"We need you Harrison. Our defense is falling apart."

"I'm not coming back Tom."

"We would pay you well. $200 million for 3 years, with all the benefits you could ask for. Harrison, that's the highest paying contract ever offered to a linebacker."

By then he heard Carrie yelling for Adam to come back to the table. He saw his son round the corner, eyeing the stranger wearing a Cowboys shirt. "Who's that?" He asked.

"Nobody," he answered his son, turning his attention back to Tom.

"I'm not coming back, no matter the contract. Thank you and goodbye," he said, ushering Tom out the front door.

Harrison closed the door. "The man wants you to play again?" Adam asked.

"Yes."

"Are you going to? Daddy please play!"

"I'm not going back," he told Adam simply.

"But why not?"

"Because I can't," he said, turning back into the kitchen.

Adam followed his father back to the table. "Why you can't? Daddy, I want you to play football again!"

"Your mom and I have plans," he answered simply, glancing at Carrie who was feeding their two year old daughter who had just woken up from her nap.

"What plans? Daddy you need to play again!"

Harrison wondered if he should tell him they were planning on having another kid. He looked at his wife and she nodded her head. "Your mom and I want to have another kid, so you might be getting another brother or sister soon. And if another kid comes, I'm going to have to be around to help take care of the baby."

Adam spun his fork around in his fingers. "You should go back. Please daddy!"

"Adam, I retired early to spend time with you, your mom, and your sister. I want to watch you play, not the other way around. My time in the NFL is up, and I want to help you achieve your dream of playing professional football."

Adam stood up and headed up to his room. "I still want to see you play."

"Adam finish your dinner!" Carrie yelled, but he continued upstairs.

"ADAM DOUGLAS! YOU GET BACK HERE AND FINISH YOUR DINNER!"

"Easy Carrie, let him go."

Carrie glanced at Harrison before turning her attention back to the now screaming toddler. Their two year old Emma threw her bottle behind her head, which Harrison caught as he walked into the kitchen. He took it back to Emma who couldn't pull it out of his hands fast enough.

Taking the bottle, Emma decided to throw her fork across the kitchen, sending potatoes flying everywhere. "Emma!" Carrie muttered loudly under her breath.

"Sorry momma."

Carrie stood, grabbing the dish towel from the counter to clean up the mess. "It's okay. Don't do it again."

"Ok mommy."

She pushed by Harrison, who was checking his fantasy football team. "Sure you really want another one?" She whispered in his ear.

He grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him. He kissed her gently. "Of course."

Carrie playfully rolled her eyes, turning to clean up the mess.

•••

That night, Carrie snuggled close to her husband. "Do you want to go back?" She asked, resting her head on his chest.

"Don't worry I'm not going back Carrie," he reassured her.

"That's not what I'm asking. Do you want to go back?"

"I don't know," he sighed. "A part of me wants to, a part of me doesn't."

"You're still young," she whispered. "They want you back because you're young, don't they?"

Harrison laughed. "29's not young for a linebacker."

"It's young in terms of the stat sheet."

Carrie was right of course. He was a target for the Cowboys because of his age, skill, and his experience.

"I know."

"You went right into the draft right after high school right?" He nodded a yes. "Then you played until you were 26. No wonder they want you back," she whispered.

"I'm not gonna go back," he told her.

She looked at him. "Okay."

He kissed her gently. "Night Carrie."

"Goodnight Harrison."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

4.8K 257 24
Carrie met Harrison when he came by the ice cream shop she worked at. Carrie found out that Harrison had a son and Harrison found out that Carrie had...
Code: Love #Spelivia

Фанфик

44.6K 1.1K 20
After a breakup in college, Spencer and Olivia must learn to co-parent while trying to make new lives for themselves. Will their strong connection br...
46K 579 22
There are just not enough of these 🤷‍♀️ 🫶 vote pls😉 Creds: @swaggyfire69 (If i forget to give you creds please inform me) @fctionwtr (cover) #2 in...
Your Time Han Organa

Фанфик

8.2K 474 67
Sequel to "Your Chance." Harrison puts his NFL career behind him as he and Carrie raise their four children. Throughout the years, their kids Adam, E...