Chapter 9

Harrison brought the kids home from Adam's practice, taking them right upstairs to get ready for bed. "But why can't I watch a movie?" Adam begged.

"Because you have school tomorrow."

"But please daddy? I wanna watch Star Wars!"

He followed Adam into his room, "I'll make you a deal. You come home and do your homework right after school tomorrow, we'll watch a movie."

"Star Wars!"

"We'll watch Star Wars."

Adam jumped onto his bed. "Ok daddy!"

Harrison tucked him in. "Where's mommy?"

"Sleeping on the couch," he lied. Truthfully, he had no idea where Carrie went. She might still be outside, he reassured himself.

"Goodnight buddy," he said, kissing Adam's forehead.

"Goodnight daddy!"

Harrison smiled, closing his door. He checked on Emma before heading downstairs. After searching the entire house, he still couldn't find Carrie. Opening the back door, he saw her laying on a raft in the pool, clearly asleep.

He laughed. It was 9:00 and she was outside sleeping on a raft. Normally at this time, she was packing Adam's lunch or typing up last minute lesson plans.

He debated leaving her alone or flipping the raft. Smiling, he approached the pool quietly, taking his shirt off as he walked. Harrison slid into the pool, careful not to make a splash and wake her.

Carrie's hand hung off the raft as he waded over. He slowed down, not wanting her to feel the movement of the water and wake up. Finally reaching the raft, he checked to make sure she didn't have her phone. But the only thing she had was her FitBit and it was waterproof.

Harrison flipped the raft, laughing as she screamed, plunging into the water. Her head came up as she wiped the water out of her face. "HARRISON FORD!"

He looked behind him, as she swam over. "You could've just woken me like a normal person!"

Seeing his smug smile, she bit her lip. "Now where's the fun in that sweetheart?" He asked.

Carrie rolled her eyes. "What even time is it?"

"9:00."

"What!? Why didn't you wake me sooner! I need to get the kids ready for bed!" she pushed by him.

He caught her, spinning her to face him, planting a kiss on her lips. "HARRY-"

Harrison kissed her once more. "Relax, sweetheart. The kids are sleeping as we speak."

Carrie pulled away. "But I still have to pack my lunch, and Adam's lunch."

Her hand was pulled back towards him. "I took care of that."

She nodded. "Thank you."

Harrison stood to his full height, pulling her against him. He felt a little bad for flipping her, now feeling the cool air on his skin. Her hands moved to his sides as she looked at him. "I hate how much taller you are," she muttered.

"I happen to like it very much," he whispered.

Her hands slid around his neck, slowly pulling his face down to hers. "I know you do."

•••

Harrison wiped the sweat off his forehead. He sawed at the wood, finally breaking the 'c' shape from the rest. Setting it down next to the 'h' shape, he cleared his workspace, setting the frame on top.