Mr. and Mrs. Executive

By the_rebellionxx

Everything was perfect. Nora had married the love of her life and everything had to be smooth sailing after t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
New Story!
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)

Chapter 21

83.5K 3.6K 372
By the_rebellionxx

Nora James P. O. V

The airplane tilting downwards is the only thing that reverberates in my mind like a record stuck on repeat.

I can't even think straight and the only thing holding me even somewhat grounded is Alexander's hand tightening more and more with each passing second.

The crashing of glass continues on somewhere at the back of the cabin and the lights still flicker on and off in an irregular tempo.

My waist cuts into the seatbelt as my body gets thrown forward, almost dangling out of my seat but the restraints hold me in place.

If I ever survive this, I'll have harsh red marks going around my waist from the pressure.

Just as soon as the plane tilts down, the numerous prayers I keep repeating over and over in my head flood out of my mind as I get grown back into my seat, hitting my head on the padded chair as the plane somehow immediately straightens itself out once again.

I look around in bewilderment through the haze of tears coating my eyes, and see the lights slowly starting to flicker once again for the last time before coming on for good.

The swing of the plane stops but my heart still hammers in my chest a hundred miles per hour.

"Holy fuck."

My head whips around to the owner of the voice only to come face to face with a scarlet and bewildered looking Greg.

"Fuck, that was fun."

My eyes almost drop out of my sockets as I try to steady my breathing instead of chocking on air.

Alexander groans out loud, coming muffled, as he shoves his head into his palm, shaking his head from side to side.

Even Damien seems a little worse for wear and ruffled as he clears his throat before checking his wrist watch.

"Fucking hell." Is all Alexander says as he rakes his hand through his hair.

"I'm never going on a plane again." I mutter, tightening my hand around his once more, squeezing, before letting him go.

The speaker overheard blares to life as the captains voice echoes through.

"Sorry about that Ladies and Gentleman, we were just threaded through a storm and had some minor turbulence but from here on out there will be smooth sailing."

My eyes widen at his words.

Minor turbulence my ass.

Ignoring the rest of the captains words, I gaze at Alexander who leans down and pecks me on the lips before he looks at my a still wrapped around my stomach.

He smiles crookedly as he too, in somewhat of an awkward manner I must admit, puts his own arm around my waist and baby, in a comforting one armed embrace.

********
A yawn escapes out of me once more as I raise my hand to stifle it, trudging down the hallway and opening the door leading to the small compartment next to the cabin.

I smile at the pilot who nods his head back at me, a polite smile forming on his face as well.

I only now realize, I had nearly ran out of the stuffy cabin and that the rest are probably still unbuckling themselves and getting the luggage.

I blatantly stare at the pilot but stop once I notice him shuffling backwards and forwards out of sheer discomfort.

This is so awkward.

What's taking so long?

Another few moments pass by as I smile once more at the pilot who once again nods and smiles back, both of our smiles starting to strain.

Finally the door opens as Alexander steps out, glancing at me in amusement before turning his attention to the pilot.

They talk about how the flight was sort of rough and I nearly snort as the pilot explains about the slight bout of turbulence.

'Slight' my ass.

I nearly crapped my pants.

The cabin door opens up once more as both Greg and Damien step through, the small space getting uncomfortably small.

Luckily though Greg has the same idea as me and doesn't wait a moment longer as he speeds his was past us and down the metallic steps of the plane.

Alexander nods once more to the pilot, seeming to understand my need to get out of here, as he grasps my hand and leads me down the jets stairs.

Stepping onto the black tarmac, I gaze around and smile as I take in the figure leaning against the black SUV.

I squeal in delight as I rush forward, towing Alexander with me as I still have a tight grip on his hand.

"Ben!"

The next moment I'm engulfed in a tight hug, being lifted from the ground, my legs dangling, as my brother laughs.

"Hey shorty."

I roll my eyes at him but merely smile as Alexander too meets him.

I know it's been barely a few weeks since I last saw Ben but I still severely missed him at times.

He was still a pain in the ass no matter what though.

"So shall we get going?" Alexander question in amusement as he catches my blank face.

I nod my head in agreement and we all pile into the car.

Ben, Alexander and I at the back while Greg and Damien sat in the front.

"Where exactly will you guys be staying?" Ben questions.

"At one of the hotels we own." Alexander says shrugging.

"Of course." Ben answers back sarcastically with a roll of his eyes but a playful smile on his lips.

I shiver in my seat as the car starts to slowly warm up, but nonetheless Alexander pulls me closer into him, wrapping his own jacket around me as well as we both huddle together.

Why is it so damn cold?

Ben looks over and notices my shivering state.

He looks at me in confusion before his eyes widen and then something akin to realisation dawns on his face.

"Oh um congrats." He says with the most always expression I've ever seen on anyone's face.

It takes me a moment longer to realise what he means before I finally understand.

I go open my mouth to answer his awkward congratulations but stop when Greg whips his head around, leaning in between the two seats as he grins a dazzling smile at the three of us.

"We're going to be uncles. Isn't that great!" He almost squeals.

Ben raises an eyebrow but soon grins too as he nods his head in agreement, "yeah." Is all he says as he winks at me.

"So," Ben says becoming serious once more, "who's this guy you're after once again?" He asks turning his attention back to us.

"It's my old boss," I mutter out with distaste,"Sam Jenkins."

As soon as the words leave my lips, Ben starts to loose colour as he sits erect in his seat, stiff.

"Sam Jenkins?" He asks, almost as if he wanted me to confirm something.

"Yeah why?" I ask now getting worried as Alexander too now starts to get tense.

"A man named Sam visited me at the office yesterday."

My face pales as well as a gasp emits from my parted lips.

Alexander stiffens further in his seat as he almost growls out, "tell the driver to take us to Bens office. Now!"

----------------

AN: Hi everyone! Sorry for the one day late update but I finally got it done! Also thank you all very much for getting this book to number 8 in the what's hot list! Thank you all once again. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 3.5K 48
{BAD GIRL-GOOD BOY ROMANCE} A survival instinct turns into a seduction game. ∆∆∆ The last thing Parker Hayes wan...
40.9K 2.5K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
36.3K 1.7K 35
"Lust, passion, sex, lies, deceit, all became entangled in our liaison, smothering the real reason we'd grown so attached to one another, love." ...
1.1M 49K 28
"I've wanted you my whole life, Scar, and when I'm finally here with you, you're married..." Scarlett Knightwell has it all. Multi-millionaire compan...