Living with the Lockhart Boys...

By Kiki26496

When Cherry's friend died three and a half years ago, she spiralled into a depression fueled by grief, alcoho... More

Copyright notice
Prologue
Chapter One- Shut up and kiss me, Parker.
Chapter Two- Cars now.
Chapter Three- Pancakes! Crepes! Pancakes!
Chapter Four- Jake? Shy? No way.
Chapter Five- Does he wear those weird pyjama shorts?
Chapter Six- C'mon Newbie!
Chapter Seven-They had a Luke and Lorelei thing going on...
Chapter Eight- I'm craving Peanut Butter Squares.
Chapter Nine- Your idea of somewhere more private is a local park?
Chapter Ten- Guitars and Picks
Chapter Eleven- I could really use a wish right now.
Chapter Twelve- Maybe we should take a mental health day.
Chapter Thirteen- You are good enough for me.
Chapter Fourteen- We make sense to me.
Chapter Fifteen- Why's there a runway in the garden?
Chapter Sixteen- Enough with the googly eyes.
Chapter Seventeen- Why the hell not!?
Chapter Eighteen- How stupid are you?
Chapter Nineteen- Is this a private orgy, or can anyone join in?
Chapter Twenty- No way am I letting go of you that easy.
Chapter Twenty One- I love you.
Chapter Twenty Two- I always figured I'd be your Knight in Shining Armour.
Chapter Twenty Three- Way to take advantage of your skills with numbers, dude.
Chapter Twenty Four- I believe you owe me a kiss.
Chapter Twenty Five- You're the hottest guy I've ever met.
Chapter Twentty Seven- Stupid, self harming, fiery little redhead
Chapter Twenty Eight- You're not mad at me?
Chapter Twenty Nine- I hate you too, dork.
Chapter Thirty- An STD was kissing you
Chapter Thirty One- Can we keep her?
Chapter Thirty Two- It's not fair
Just a message for you guys
Chapter thirty three - She's not my plaything!
Chapter Thirty Four- Cookie Dough is my Favorite
Chapter Thirty Five- So, you say your boyfriend's a big fan?
Chapter Thirty Six- I love you.
Chapter Thirty Seven- Why are you scared?
Chapter Thirty Eight- You have a pretzel store?
Chapter Thirty Nine- You can't afford to buy a dance.
Chapter Fourty- Giddy up horsey
Chapter fourty one-We could eat steak for breakfast if we wanted to
Important Message
Chapter Fourty Two: A waitress who hits you... Very charming
Chapter Fourty Three: Gotcha!
Chapter Fourty Four: Stuck in London
Very important authors note!
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Six- I prefer Trojan Magnum, right Cher?

13.5K 299 41
By Kiki26496

** Picture of Steffan over there --> **

"Steff, what should I wear tonight? I need something that works for this Thanksgiving dinner and a party," I complained.

The young boy scrutinised the pile of clothes and eventually handed me a light brown dress, with an autumn leaf pattern on it.

"I look fat in that," I told him. He rolled his eyes and gave me a thin brown belt.

"What should I wear with it?"

"Them brown pumps for the dinner and the brown heels for party. Not lots makeup, Jessica is pretty enough," he said, smiling up at him.

The kid was a fashion guru, I'm not even kidding. Even I thought I looked pretty good.

"Thanks Steff, my little Gok Wan," I teased, ruffling his fringe.

"Who's Gok Wan?"

"Just this cool guy," I murmured, taking his small hand in mine as we walked downstairs.

"What is it with you two and taking so long to get ready?" Jake asked, sighing as we got to the bottom of the stairs. The doorbell cut off my smart reply and I raced to open the door.

"Happy Thanksgiving. Is happy appropriate? Or is it merry? Or seasons greetings? I've never been to a Thanksgiving so-" Theo interrupted my rambling by pressing his lips against mine quickly.

"Happy is fine, babe," he murmured, grinning.

"Okay. Happy Thanksgiving guys!"

Lindon and Lucy laughed at me, and Mrs Thomas wrapped me in a quick, motherly hug.

"It's good to finally meet you. Well, conscious, that is," she corrected herself.

I raised my eyebrows at Theo.

"She was there the other day. But you were sleeping," he explained.

"Oh, well it's good to meet you to Ms Thomas."

"Please call me Maggie, Ms feels so old." She giggled, and I took an instant liking to her.

"I like your mom," I told Theo.

"Jesus, Princess, stop being so American," Nicky said behind me.

"What's wrong with American?" Eight voices called out.

Nicky blinked, and I burst into peals of laughter at his face.

"N-nothing. She's just British and we say mum and it's... you know. Just weird hearing her say mom."

Hearing Nicky say mom in such a London accent set everybody else off laughing.

"What? What's so funny?"
"Nothing Nicky. Can we eat now?" I asked Jenna.

She chuckled. "Yeah, Steve's in the dining room, come on in everyone."

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone," Steve said, grinning as we all filed into the room. He came around the table to give me a comforting squeeze.

"Hi Steve."

"Cherry, I'm so sorry I've been so busy these few months. I feel like I've had all of two conversations with you since you moved in," he sighed.

I giggled. "It has only been two. But it's okay, I guess we've both been busy."

He glanced over at Theo and smiled gently. "I guess we have. Anyway, let's get started shall we?"
We all took a seat and Steve started carving a giant turkey.

“I can’t wait for tonight,” Theo whispered in my ear. I smiled softly as he traced his hand up my thigh.

“Why? It’s just a party.”

“We’re leaving early; my house is empty,” he murmured huskily. I felt my cheeks redden.

“Cherry, are you okay sweetheart?” Jenna asked.

I blushed further and nodded my head, catching hold of his hand before it got too high and putting it down on my knee again.

"Is he being perverted under the table?" Lindon asked knowingly. I smirked as Theo snatched his hand away, suddenly fascinated with the silver cutlery.

"Not anymore," I muttered.

Everyone laughed and Mary came out of the kitchen, fretting around the table.

Jenna caught hold of her wrist gently.

"Must I tell you this every year, Mary? You can't be like this on Thanksgiving, now sit down and have someone bring you a plate," she insisted.

"No ma'am, I don't want to intrude. This is a family dinner," she mumbled, looking embarrassed.

"Here we go again," Theo muttered under his breath.

"Mary, you taught me to ride a bike," Scott told her.

"You took us to our first day of school," Scott said.

"And picked us up," Elliott added.

"You looked after me and Lindon when we had chicken pox," Theo reminded her.

"And you always help me with my painting," Jake offered.

"You work extremely hard at your job," Jenna said.

"And you're damn loyal to our family." That was Steve.

"You were there for me when I found out about my parents," Josh practically whispered.

There a was quiet moment, where Mary was smiling gently at everyone.

"And you let me bake peanut butter squares," I added, not wanting to feel left out.

"Exactly, so call one of the waitresses and sit down, or I'll fire you," Jenna warned teasingly.

Her gentle smile stretched to a full-blown grin as she pulled out a chair next to Jenna and asked the waitress for an extra place setting.

"Awww, you pitched in!" Theo cooed.

"Thanks, Chez. That was sweet," Jake whispered,  form the other side of Theo.

"I didn't get to help," Nick pouted.

I nudged him with my foot, grinning. "You've only been here for a few weeks. Speaking of, when are you going home?"

"I'm not," he insisted.

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being silly, when are you going?"

"Princess, I gotta tell you something," he said seriously.

"What?" I asked as waiters started spooning food onto our plates.

"I'm moving to the states," he said quickly, grinning like a madman.

I gaped at him. "You...You're what?"

"Dad's franchising Alan's and he wants to start the chain in America. It's all set to go, the building starts next week."

"Holy shit," I breathed.

"Yeah, and Dad wants to move over here to be closer. He's leaning towards Denver," Nicky whispered.

Tears stung at my eyes and I gripped his hand tight. "That's awesome."

"Chez, why are you crying?" Jake asked, attracting everyone's attention.

"Nicky's moving to Denver with his dad and Drew," I told them.

Josh and Theo grinned.

"Really? That's so awesome," Theo said, leaning over me to 'fist-bump' Nick.

"Yeah, you guys get to meet Drew," I said happily.

"He seems like a nice boy," Jenna mused. "very...flirty."

"What?" Theo asked, looking sharply at me.

"Chill, he's 21," I muttered, smirking at my jealous boyfriend.

He noticeably relaxed. "Okay."

"So, I guess you kids are going to a party tonight?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, definitely," Sam said, between mouthfuls of food. I rolled my eyes. Pig.

"You going to Dev's again?" Maggie asked.

"Yeah," Jake said.

"Dev's parties are the best," Lindon added.

Theo shot me a heavy look and I blushed again, pretending to concentrate on cutting up the food in front of me.

"So, I know presents aren't a thanksgiving tradition, but I got Theo a little something," Lindon told everyone, smirking as he handed Theo a wrapped gift.

"What is it?" Theo asked, slowly unwrapping it.

I winced as he pulled the wrapping off to reveal a box of condoms.

"Thought you'll be needing those if you and Cherry get more serious," Lindon said unashamedly.

"Well, er thanks mate, but I prefer the Trojan Magnum, right Cher?" Theo teased.

I blinked as everyone turned to gape at me.

"I, er... Guys!" I stammered.

"So Chez, how big is he?" Jake questioned.

I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Er."

"Must be big to wear Magnum," Sam muttered, smirking at me.

"But I'm bigger," Josh insisted, making everyone laugh.

"Sure you are Joshy," Theo said. "You just keep telling yourself that, kid."

Nicky was silent, staring at his plate. I shot Theo a dirty look.

"How could you be so insensitive?" I hissed.

He looked between me and Nicky, a look of realisation coming across his face. "Shit."

"Yeah. Jerk."

"Cher..."

"Don't wanna hear it."

"Hey Theo, what d'you say?" Jenna quipped, mostly teasingly.

"I, erm," he stuttered.

"It doesn't matter," I assured her. "He's just being a typical guy."

“Theo might have some grovelling to do,” Lindon teased.

“Don’t,” Nick whispered.

“Don’t what?”

“Fall out because I’m a dick,” he muttered, his expression darkening.

“You’re not a dick,” I told him.

“I am.”

“You don’t choose who you love.”

“I know, but if you fall out with Theo over me I’d feel awful, so just don’t, okay? Please?” he breathed.

I sighed and put my hand on Theo’s knee, shooting him a small smile.

“I can’t wait for tonight,” I whispered, and he matched my smile with his own.

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean it,” he murmured.

“I know you didn’t. It’s an awkward situation, but you know… We have to work through it.”

“You two are incredibly cute, I never noticed that before,” Jenna murmured.

I felt heat rush to my cheeks as everyone turned to look at us. Well, I say look…Technically; Sam shot us a death glare, which made me blush further. That was pretty awkward too.

“So,” Steve said, diverting the conversation much to my relief. “Is everyone ready for dessert?”

I groaned. “We have to eat more food?”

“It’s worth it,” Lindon assured me.

“Yeah, Mary’s pumpkin pie is to die for,” Jake moaned.

“Umm, I’m allergic to pumpkin,” I told them.

Josh gaped at me. “Really?”

“Yeah, really bad,” Nick said, scrunching up his nose, probably remembering the first tie I realised… It wasn’t pretty.

“Do you have a reaction to the smell?” Steve asked, looking concerned.

I rolled my eyes. “It’s been cooking all day… Don’t ya think I’d have had a reaction by now/”

He chuckled. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“It’s okay, Cherry honey. I made chocolate tart too,” Mary said, smiling softly.

“I’m not full anymore,” I said quickly, eager for chocolate.

Theo laughed beside me and squeezed my handy. “You’re funny.”

“Like stop eating the paste’ funny?” I asked, trying to look innocent.

Jake and Josh looked at each other and burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Lindon asked.

“Sam,” Josh choked out.

Sam frowned at them for a moment, before he started to grin himself.

“Oh, yeah. I remember that!” He laughed.

“What is going on?” Jenna asked.

The three boys’ faces dropped and they all stared at their plates.

“Nothing,” they mumbled in unison.

“Wow, guys… That’s not suspicious at all,” Theo muttered, grinning.

Jenna narrowed her eyes, but let it slide.

“Alright then, guys, finish dessert quickly or you’ll be late for that party, you wouldn’t wanna miss a single minute of that, now would you?” Maggie said, giving Theo a knowing look.

We scarfed down our dessert and everyone piled into their cars.

“Key’s under the turtle,” Maggie told Theo as I changed my shoes.

Theo blushed. “Thanks mom.”

“You told your mom?” I asked, laughing as I got into the passenger seat of my car.

“No, the woman just knows. She’s freaky.”

**Sorry it's been so long.. But this is the first Thanksgiving chapter... The next one should be up pretty soon. Once I've started actually writing it. Enjoy- Vote/Comment/Fan. **

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 155 25
Michelle moves out of Sacramento, away from her parents to escape her past. All she wants is for people to leave her alone. New York could be the pla...
44K 1.1K 28
Paige, a girl from a broken home, her sister killed herself a few years ago and since then she has been depressed and guilty. She does all sorts of s...
2K 329 37
Fresh into her last semester of high school, Len is looking forward to three things: spending time with her recent close-friend-turned-girlfriend, co...
179K 6.3K 29
Charlotte sat there unmoving, tears falling down her cheeks. She could not do anything as she watched her sisters casket go down into the ground. She...