Survivors (One Direction/Zomb...

By kcoello15

It's your worst nightmare. The end of the world has come and its left nothing but hell in its wake. Viv's goa... More

Survivors
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 21

2.4K 79 11
By kcoello15

Winnie

"So basically we're going to have to take the car?" Josh jumped excitedly. Carrie, Scarlett and I were packing the things we were going to need on this scavenger hunt and Josh was eager to drive again.

It was a promise we made to him since technically he had a permit and 'never got to use it'. So he drives. It's not like there are other people on the road anyways, and it he hits a Grayie, well then no harm done.

"Yes we have to take the car." I rolled my eyes and punched him lightly in the shoulder. He let out an unmanly squeal and instantly ran to the garage, wanting to pick which beauty to take out.

As Carrie took out the last of the equipment to the garage, Niall came bounding over to me.

"So you're leaving?" His voice was nervous and he looked worried.

"Yup." My mouth made a popping noise and I turned on my heel, ready to walk away.

"Oh but- hey! I was speaking with you." Niall stopped in front of me, not letting me pass.

"Well I wasn't." My voice was cheery and I pushed him aside. I was still angry at him. He distracts me, and I can't afford to be distracted. Mostly I was mad at myself and taking it out on him, but I didn't really care.

"I'm going with you." 

I turned at that.

"You most certainly are not." I pressed a finger to his chest, my voice was low. He raised his hands up in surrender but didn't wipe off that stupid smirk on his face.

"Am too."

"Are not!"

"Am too."

"Are not!"

"Children please! Do you mind, we have things to do." Scarlett snapped, looking annoyed at our bickering.

"In a mo." I nod, and then turn back to Niall. I lean my face close to his, so our noses are almost touching and I notice that he's stopped breathing, his eyes wide.

"You take one step to follow me and I will shoot you in both your legs." My voice is breathy and hushed, and although he doesn't have space to nod I knew he understood.

I back away and give him a tight smile, while turning my back and heading to the garage.

I tried to ignore the pounding of my heart as I walked away.

Stupid boys.

***

We were about thirty miles out at an old Wal-Mart. After Carrie scoped out the place and killed three Grayies, we were walking down the aisles searching for anything useful.

Most of it was already ransacked but I picked up a few good jars of canned corn and a lone box of cereal. Frosted Flakes. Grrrreat.

I was looking for soap when I heard a thud behind me. 

Without a seconds hesitation I whip around, my gun loaded and aimed.

"Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" The voice yelped.

Oh my fucking god.

"Niall!" I hissed at the panicked blue eyed boy. I put the gun back in the holster and walked up to the idiot, giving him a good punch to the gut.

He let out a strangled noise, bending over in pain.

"What the fuck did I tell you about following me?" I barked, very pissed. Niall wheezed, holding up a finger to signal me to wait.

"I just- wanted to- make sure you- were okay. -Dear God you punch hard."

"Yeah well you deserved it." I grumbled, "How did you even get here?"

Niall stood up gently, wincing as he straightened.

"Took the Impala. What a beaut she is." I restrained myself from punching him again.

"You took out Adi?" I seethed, my fist clenching.

He didn't notice but instead laughed.

I'm going to murder this man.

"You named her Adi?" This time I did punch him.

"OW! Would you stop whacking me?" Niall grunted, rubbing his arm.

"It's short for Adaline and she's not suppose to be driven, She takes up too much gas that we don't have."

Niall's eyes widen in realization and his pink lips formed a little 'o'.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. Now we have to take back two cars and if Viv sees Adi out of the garage she'll be pissed. 

And out of all people Niall drove her instead of me.

"Niall why would you risk your life just to follow me? Carrie, Scarlett and Josh are with me and we can look after ourselves." Niall hesitated, biting his lip. When he didn't answer I shook my head at him and walked away. I could hear his footsteps follow me down the aisle but I chose to ignore it, looking for Carrie instead.

"I found some Body Wash!" Josh whooped, poking his head out a few aisles away with a pink bottle in his waving hand.

"Great!" I cheered. Now I can stop smelling like a dog pound.

 "I found some rope and two four person tents!" Scarlett's voice echoed the empty store. I can't help but grin, that's a huge find and incredibly helpful.

"I found a cross bow but no arrows." Carrie frowned, stepping where I could see her. I shrugged, nodding to her anyways. 

"We can make some."

I pull Niall's arm impatiently, having to babysit him since he couldn't take care of himself. I wander through some more aisles, picking up a few extra clothes and uhm...undergarments.

Niall roamed the men's section picking clothes out for the rest of the group and I glance towards the electronic section.

I sighed to myself, running my hand over a glass case with iPhones. Before I was saving my money up for one, since they were what everyone had, but now? They're bout as useful as a brick. And not a heavy one at that.

"Win? I found some canned fruit and a gallon of milk." Carrie said, tossing me the items.

I made a face at the milk, already smelling it from there. As I caught it, instead of making the usual 'swish' instead sloshed heavily like yogurt. I gag and toss it back to Carrie.

"Honey, that went bad ages ago."

Carrie shrugged, walking back to where she came from. Niall shuddered behind me, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"That certainly smelled ripe." His thick accented voice made his words sound funny, almost cute.

Almost.

Instead I glare at him, making sure he knew that he was still not forgiven for taking my baby. His face fell an inch and he turned away, not wanting to make eye contact with me anymore.

I would've looked more into that gesture, if it wasn't for the Dora the Explora doll falling off the shell and landing with a 'Vamanos!". 

Everyone froze.

Josh set down a fishing rod he was looking at and Scarlett exchanged a look with me from four aisles away. Niall looked confused, like he didn't know why everything had suddenly gone still.

I quietly approached the doll, trying not to think of an old movie 'Chucky'. It looked bright and new, and so out of place with the wreckage here. The Dora smiled widely up at me, and I avoid looking at it while I inspect the aisles in between. Josh looked to me for a signal, his hand tightly gripping his bat and Scarlett had a look of determination on her features.

I was about to let the issue pass as the doll just being too close to the edge, until I heard Carrie's soft voice break the silence.

Her words turned mine, and everyone else's blood to ice.

"Who are you?"

...............................................................................................

HAHA YOU HATE ME

ANOTHER CLIFF HANGER

I LOVE WRITING THESE

SO CLOSE TO TEN THOUSAND OMG

HONESTLY I FIRST STARTED WRITING THIS CUS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A COOL IDEA AND I HADNT SEEN IT DONE BEFORE, BUT I NEVER EVER EXPECTED THIS MUCH ATTENTION. I MEAN ITS NOT A MILLION OR MORE BUT IT MEANS ALOT

AND I LOVE THE COMMENTS! I READ THEM ALL AND I TAKE FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS INTO CONSIDERATION TOO!

SO VOTE AND COMMENT MY DUCKIES! AND FOLLOW TO SEE WHEN I UPDATE

LOVE YOUUUUUU

~KiaraXx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383 10 11
okay this is a one direction fanfic!!!! "what the hell just happend.." sandra mummbles i look up and say "i think harry and niall just asked us out...
302K 6.6K 25
Hi... my name's Ana. Uh... Let's get right into it. I'm from a larger than usual town in England. I, personally, was just minding my own business, an...
62.9K 1.8K 57
Erin and her friends were looking forward to meeting the BEST BAND EVER, 1D. But when a deadly disease gets loose and spreads, they end up struggling...
1.5K 20 11
A One Direction fanfiction. About Harry, who has a desperate need to protect the new girl in town. Some other boys aren't pleased and try to get him...