PAST VISION : ICY PAST

By LemonAcidEmm

Solving a regular case should take a day or two for the mighty detective Lydia Spencer who has an alien abili... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Gang Problems
Chapter 3 : Parelthon Hunter
Chapter 4 : Zara-Guilty ?
Chapter 5 : Shocking Discovery
Chapter 6 : World's Saddest Jackpot!
Chapter 7 : Captured!
Chapter 8 : The Unexpected
Chapter 9 : Unbelievable
Chapter 10: All Lies
Chapter 11 : Should I leave?
Chapter 12 : What happened?
Chapter 13 : Battle of the Day
Chapter 14: Icy Heart
Chapter 15: Frozen Half
Chapter 16 : Dark Side
Chapter 17 : The Choice
Chapter 18 : The Secret of the Past
Chapter 20 : Obstacles
Chapter 21 : Cursed
Chapter 22: The Row
Chapter 23: Death
Chapter 24 : Leaving
Chapter 25 : The Spy
Chapter 26 : Rebel
Chapter 27 : Who Are You?

Chapter 19 : History

57 27 8
By LemonAcidEmm

I woke up annoyed by the alarm sound. My hands stretched out to shut the shrilling sound. My fatigue had made me crave for more rest than ever, but by the time I realized that it was my first day on the corps, my wobbly feet finally found its way to stand. Groaning inwardly as I grabbed my hanging tower nearby, I recklessly twisted the bathroom's door knob. A loud thud surprised me as I jolted in surprise.

"AH! Lydia do you mind closing the door please!"

"Gosh, I'm so sorry!" I gasped as I quickly slammed the door back.

I whispered through the hole, "I'm sorry, but we've met in such an embarrassing moment and I still haven't heard your name."

"I'm Raid, nice to meet you Lydia. Do you mind closing your eyes as I walk out from this humid place?"

"Go ahead. I'm perfectly fine. Besides, I've been stuck twice in the palace dungeons along with men."

"Sorry for being rude, but do you mind me asking your academy's name?"

"Martian Weaponry Combat Academy."

"You're not bluffing, are you?"

"It's the truth. I left the boring palace halls when I was ten. I was forced to, so I tried finding my dad. Only to find out the fact that he sold me for a night in the brothel. I've been fighting as a gladiator until I was sixteen. After winning the festival a couple times, a scout offered me to join the Academy. I told him that I was homeless, and I had no family. He wasn't really convinced, but he trusted me. Despite the fact that he quickly found out my identity in three months, he never questioned me why I hid my family background. Interesting, huh?"

"Why? What's wrong with your family?"

"Well, except for the fact that my mom had always cared for my step-sister more, and other than my dad being incredibly strict and foolish for trusting my thick-faced mother, everything else was pretty much fine." I blurted out.

"Soldiers. Gather in the training ground in 10 minutes!" the announcer shouted.

"I'm sorry Raid, but I've got to take a shower immediately, let's save the chit-chat for tonight? Okay?"

"How rude of me, please do."

I quickly took a bath and wore my suit, buckling on my belt and weapons as I walked towards the training ground. I was too caught up in my suit that I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Watch where you are going, are you blind?" I yelled, brushing off the dirt sticking on my uniform.

"Well, nope. But you just broke rule number one newbie." The stranger coolly answered.

The way he had mocked me burned me in anger. The way he addressed me as made me felt some kind of insulted. I looked back to see the stranger's ignorant face.

Today, is really the worst day of my life.

"I'm so sorry." I timidly replied.

"Two more streaks and you're out of my squad."

I gulped heavily and nodded, leaving him as quickly as possible.

"This has happened many times to me. . .one streak isn't that big of a deal." Raid said as he walked past me.

"One streak is a big deal for someone like me."

"Why is that? Only royalties will probably get kicked out of squads, because they could just make their own by bribing the club chief."

"That's what I'm worried about. I never fitted the Royals. I was a gladiator, a slave."

"Was one, not is one! Come on, I'll help you keep your background save under the sheets."

"Really?"

"Trust me. I'll keep those girls on the desk silent for your sake– "

"–desk girls? You meant the administration table right?" I interjected.

"Whatever? But I still don't understand why you'd keep your identity a secret, I mean it's not too bad being a royal after–" he stopped as a group of muscular sergeants entered the room. They crossed their arms in unison as they went closer to us.

"You dare mock us 'royals'?" one of them snapped.

"A bunch of cockroach talking behind a rooster. What a joke!" one of them added.

"My father is the Prime Minister of Parelthonia. Don't mess with an Alemmania!" the tallest one shouted. "Whose son are you? Let me guess, a cockroach?" the group burst in laughter, cackling and pointing their fingers to us. 

Alemmania huh? I thought. Judging by the way he dressed and spoke, he definitely was the noble I had once ditched during an annual ball. Not every one would fall for men in good looks, one in particular was me. The Queen had forced me to get an early marriage when I was ten. Her harsh remarks grew when I started rebelling towards her.

"We should go." I whispered as I grabbed his hands and pulled him towards the door. Raid stood still, his fist clenched tight. The tension was inevitable.

"Hey, look whose here. A new junior, why didn't you tell us Raid?" one of them asked, walking boastfully towards me. I scoffed and tugged my hands firmly into my pockets.

"Screw off!" I shouted. As I turned and headed straight for the door, a sudden pull startled me as I glanced backwards.

"Hey! I know you. You're that snobbish petty princess who spoke rubbish about me! Come back here!" he shouted as he strangled me to the wall. A punch landed on his face, causing him to tumble backwards. The noble wiped his face in anger and clenched his fist tight. Raid stood beside me, fuming in anger. My eyes widened the moment I noticed his hand was bleeding.

"Raid. . . your hand it's–"

"Don't worry about that cockroach. You're in our squad from now on. I'll call Mr. Jenkins and have you moved to our building." one of them said as he stretched out his hands. "I'm Ethan Lazaria, heir of the Lazaria Industries."

"She'll make a wonderful new trophy for Ian." Another on added, "My name's Nick, sole heir of the Diamond Waters Incorporation."

"Boys, deal with the cockroach. I'll get the damsel." The snobbish beaten noble said as he started moving wildly closer to me. Raid struggled against the group in anger. However he was unable to overcome the whole group.

"I said screw off!" I blurted loudly, startling the whole group. Suddenly, a group of ranked soldiers entered the room.

"Raid," the colonel boomed, "Follow me!"

"Yes sir." He said as he followed the commanding officer. The three other nobles soon left straight to the door, without a word or two.

***

"Are you alright?" I called as soon as I saw Raid coming out from the detention room.

"Yes, but since I'm busted for punching that sucker in the ass, you're going to handle this mission alone. I'm sorry!" he sighed.

"It's fine," I replied as I tried controlling my expressions, "Let's just hope that I won't get busted from this first mission." I mumbled to myself as I approached my assigned group.

"Cubes are found in... nautical combats... kill you... when you're underwater... Slit their stomach for the easiest escape route and always... are we clear... grab...guns... now go!" the captain sounded unclear as the group started buzzing. The alarm rang, the entire group ran out carrying their weapons. However, as I continued day dreaming, I stood still like a fool. "Why are you standing there? Go! Lydia!" the captain screeched.

"First mission – First day, and I got scolded for daydreaming while receiving orders. Great, just great..." I mumbled as I ran towards the last rifle lying on the desk.

***

I quickly pulled out my gun and swiftly jumped on top of the nearest tree, pulling a vine as I climbed my way to the top. A flock of birds flew above me, chirping loudly as they flew the opposite direction.

"This can't be good." I mumbled as I hung on the branch. I chose a comfortable aiming position and waited silently. Loud footsteps walking past the tall grass alarmed me to the arrival of an enemy. The squad walked back to back, aiming anxiously to their surroundings.

I stalked them silently and swung from tree to tree. From the looks of it, they were aiming to ambush a captain by using number as a force. However, the captain facing them was calm and composed.

Five against one? I could barely laugh. I bobbed my head out and stretched out my arms.

I filled the gun and aimed. The captain moved his hands and snatched my gun. The gun fell solid on the ground. I tried spreading my hands in hopes of grabbing the rifle. However, due to my unstable posture, my legs slipped and I fell hard against the ground. I groaned in pain, but even more so when I noticed the whole squad laughing loudly as they continued mocking me. The captain strangely kept a stable expression, he lifted his fingers and the wind lifted me back up towards the tree.

"Telekinesis? I never knew a Tricopediscillian able to wield a Pagosdurestelians' power, or was it a Time Illusion spell?" I thought.

"Look at the poor humpty-dumpty that fell straight onto the ground! Let's help her fall once more!" one of the members cackled. I swung my fingers and gripped tight onto the tree branch. I sprung up in a jolt and threw a flash of heat vision towards him. He quickly hid behind his shield for protection. The other four members were petrified seeing my actions, they quickly fled and left their poor member behind.

"Let them go!" the captain said. To let them go was too much to ask. I aimed for them and shot my arrows. Each of them fell one by one in a domino effect. I smiled proudly and turned to the Captain.

"That's too much to ask!" I scoffed.

"I'm impressed, but I guess you knew nothing about squads..." he said as he blankly stared at me.

"Wh-what do... you m-mean?" I shakily replied. His tone was way too scary as he clenched his fist tight. His cape danced on the rough gust of wind.

"Surprised?" he said as he transformed into another sergeant. "I'm not your captain!" he cackled as he swung his hands and lifted his team mates onto a tree. The four of them hung on the tree, groaning in pain as all of them gained conscious.

He punched his own fist and electric forces started circling around him, forming a huge hurricane of static energy. I gripped tightly on a tree nearby. As the tree started breaking, I quickly formed a defense barrier. I stood back firmly against the ground, gritting my teeth as I struggled against the force. A small rock flew past me and landed near me. I quickly twisted my fingers and aimed for his eyes. The rock flew swiftly as a bullet and scratched a part of his face.

As the rock hit his eye, blood gradually dripped down from his eye. I covered my face in horror as he walked to me.

"How dare you!" He yelled in anger.

"No! Nick! You can't do that!" Raid shouted as he ran towards the both of us. The rest of the squad quickly climbed down the tree and fled for their lives.

The hurricane became bigger and bigger. I knew couldn't waste any more time just staring at him. As the boulders I threw crumbled into pieces against his strong hurricane, I sighed in distress. "I've never met such a monster." I mumbled.

"I guess, this is the last option." I swung my heads forward and crossed them, slowly enchanting the ancient spell. A drop of blood dripped down. A dark circle formed around me, gust of winds flying around me. A wave of energy flew through me and surrounded Nick, clasping him in a circle of darkness.

Surprisingly, the hurricane stopped. I sighed in relieve as I headed back to my squad. The captain stood frozen, stuttering as he finally called the final decision.

"Lydia Spencer, you are banned from a week of training for using an illegal ancient magic! You're out of the squad, you nobles are such a pain in the ass!" he shrugged as he gathered around his team mates. I gulped and slowly nodded. Rubbing my arms and lowering my head, I decided to walk away from the group. I heard the other members sneering and booing at me as I walked out of the field.

***

"For a loner in here, you sure do feel safe don't you?" a voice beside me suddenly alarmed me.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Mind hanging out in my room tonight? I'll be sweet to you my dear. It's rare to find a flower like you in this bloody hell." The boy snootily offered.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I replied as I tried to walk away. I tried avoiding but he instantly grabbed my hand and pinned me to the wall. Slowly he leaned closer to me. My chest felt suffocating, and no one was there to save me, his grip starting getting tighter as I glanced away from him. A smoke of dark energy surrounded him as he came closer.

"You're a Dark Constrictor?" I cried as I tried loosening his grip.

"You're surprisingly smart. But, from the looks of it you too are a Dark Martian." He scoffed.

"Let me go before I send you to the doors of abyss, you know what I'm referring to right?" I anxiously replied.

"Feisty. I'm starting to like you newbie."

"Leave me alone!" I squealed as loud as I could, hoping that someone would at least hear me.

"That's right, stop gawking at her Ereus!" a voice shouted across the hall.

I looked over to the boy who calmly strolled over to Ereus. I lowered my head and avoided his eyes as he came closer to us.

"Oh! Come on Rendevel! It's not like she belongs to you anyway. This whore is an outcast now, and seniors are welcomed to bully outcasts as you have claimed a few years ago, right?"

"Whatever. But you might not want to mess with me, in my current mood." He clenched his fist tight. I presumed that he was ready to fight, but on what stakes?

Static electricity surrounded him, a streak of light circled around him as he drew his power. Strangely, Ereus wasn't even the slightest threatened by Rendevel.

"Is it possible that he's stronger?" I mumbled silently to myself.

-End of Chapter 19-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499 16 84
What if you were a mutant and didn't even know it what if you were with your family and you have an accident what if that accident was the start of t...
115 23 11
Killing-that's all he ever thinks about. . .there is an imposter on the ship who thinks he can save humanity by killing them. But how can he easily e...
5.2K 71 20
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆" Y/N thought she was over her past but when she had to face it again she realized it st...
6.6K 1K 50
Greed and ambition have nearly driven the kingdom of Aefither into ruin. Lily, one of Aefither's faithful guardians has suffered greatly. Imprisoned...