Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

By iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... More

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 10- Firelight
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 32- Cosmo Children
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles

1.3K 55 15
By iamourship

My eyelids slowly peeled open to reveal, not an elevator, but a hotel room. The curtains were drawn shut and the room remained mostly in shadow. A peaceful silence hung in the air as I tried to remember what had happened to me. It was like a ton of brick were resting on every muscle of my body. Heaviness ran through every joint. It felt like a work out just to move.

I groaned and slowly sat up. Upon doing so, I noticed a figure sitting in the large arm chair at the corner of my room. Her blonde hair was like a mane around her pale face. The creases in her skin indicated high stress and exhaustion. My friend sat unmoving with her chin tucked and her arms dropped off the side of the arm rests.

I sighed at the sight of her dead-like body. As soon as the sound escaped my mouth, Elaina twitched. Then she jerked forward, her eyes flashing open in alarm. The gold haired girl had to blink a few times before she regained her vision.

"Oh shoot, I wasn't meant to fall asleep." She muttered to herself, not realizing I had awaken. Her eyes darted around the room until they landed on me. "Serena! You're awake."

"Good morning, though, you don't really look like you've slept much." I said, examining the large purple bags under her eyes and the milky color of her skin. She sighed and leaned back in the arm chair.

"I haven't really slept at all. I was up most of the night looking for you then making sure you were okay. Nurse Joy was in here about an hour ago doing a last minuet check up. She said you would be fine. Then I thought I might as well wait until you woke up, but I fell asleep." Elaina explained as she rubbed the skin between her eyes.

"You should go back to bed. I don't want you to be falling over all day." I gave her a concerned look.

"No, I can't fall asleep now!" Her voice suddenly raised and she stood up in a split second. I raised a curious eyebrow at her.

"Why not?"

"Because, I have a lot of questions to ask you." She smirked, a mischievous plan lurking in her mind.

"About what?" I groaned, waiting for the ambush of ridiculous questions.

"About the elevator you were trapped in ALONE with Ash for six hours, in which, I entered to see you sleeping with your head on his lap and his fingers in your hair! Nothing too IMPORTANT!" Elaina yelled.

I bit my lip. Oh yeah, I remember that.

"Ummm..." I began nervously, my cheeks flushing red at the memory. "It wasn't a big deal. I mean, I was tiered and didn't really mean any of it."

"Don't lie to me Serena. The blush on your face says it all. You meant it and you liked it. I just want to know all the details. I want to fantasize over the whole experience with you, because I'm your best friend." She calmed a little, sitting on the edge of my bed. Her fingers laced through the soft sheets and she looked up at me with a small smile.

"It's not a big deal anyways. The whole thing probably doesn't mean anything to Ash, so why should it mean something to me?" I sighed.

"Because you like him. And you two got closer last night. It should mean everything, Serena. Besides, you don't know how Ash truly feels about it."

"But I can tell through all his actions! He doesn't care about me in that way." I huffed, blinking back the tears that were shaping in my eyes. How badly the truth always hurts.

"No! I don't want to hear any of that. I have a theory!"

"What's your brilliant theory then?" I rolled my eyes, the watery feeling starting to flee from my waterline and a smile picked up the corners of my lips. My friend was stupidly my remedy.

"He has feelings, Serena, I know he does. Even if it does seem hopeless at times. He's just hopelessly stupid. But it's impossible for him not possess these feelings. After all you've both been through. I just need to bring them out. I need to make him realize it. If only I could open his eyes to the rest of the world. If only I could...teach him. Teach him to love. It sounds impossible, but nothing's impossible if it's already there. I just need to harvest those feelings for him. I'll need strong methods, but that's not such a big problem. Guide him, and then..." She wasn't even talking to me anymore. Elaina was muttering to herself as if I wasn't even in the room. A new idea had blossomed inside that cunning head of hers.

"Elaina, what are you talking about?"

"I think I can do it, Serena. I can make him realize his feelings for you."

"You want to teach Ash to...love?" I gulped, my mind trying to fathom exactly what she was planning to do. Elaina nodded. "You're fighting a losing battle."

"I fight losing battles for a living."

"It's the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard."

"I'm well known for my crazy ideas. And in a good way."

"Try rethinking this, Elaina."

"Why waste time rethinking things when I could be doing things?"

"Because somethings are not meant to be done."

"And some things are meant to be challenged."

"You can't break the rules of fait."

"But rules were made to be broken."

I sighed. This argument was getting us no where. Elaina sat with a smirk on her face. She was going to execute her plan wether I agreed or not. It was a better to just accept it.

"Be careful, okay?"

"Am I going to war?" She rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm serious Elaina, you're going to have to invest a lot of time if this is going to work. You're going to have to be patient for once. And arguments won't fix this. Be careful with him. He's new to this."

"You worry to much about Ash."

"Don't play with his feelings."

"I only have one goal with this plan. And that's both of your happiness."

"I appreciate you trying to help me."

"You're not the only one who wants the two of you together."

"And that's why we're friends."

"But also cause you love me."

"How could I not?"

"Not many people can resist."

"I can name a few."

"Shut up."

*. *. *. *.

"Alright, off to Laverre City!" My blonde haired friend pumped her fist in the air. Elaina's refreshed smile was bright as she lead the way into the Kalos forest. After a good nap, she was well rested and we set on our way.

Aron and Leon rolled their eyes at their older sister. Although they acted as if they didn't care, we all knew they were extremely excited to start a new adventure. Froakie was perched on Leon's shoulder and Chespin waddled next to Aron. Slowly, smiles began to creep onto the twin's faces.

Ash walked by my side as we followed Elaina through the forest line. He chuckled at her enthusiasm, his smile lighting up my world, as normal. His raven hair waved in the afternoon air, the day's light bouncing off his caramel skin. I snuck a small peak at him, and the sight temporarily took my breath away.

"She has no idea where she's going, does she?" Ash tried to control his laughter as my friend continued to bound through the forest with her Pokemon.

"Not a clue." I responded.

"Then I guess we'll be getting lost."

"Yeah, but I'll follow her to the ends of the earth."

"That's to bad, cause I'll follow you."

_________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter! I think this is where it'll really get interesting for amourshipping. What will Elaina's new plan bring out in Ash? Or better yet, what will it bring out in her? And what does she have in store for Serena?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.5K 108
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...
29K 886 21
When she left for Hoenn, everyone thought she was heading there for contests. But they were wrong. She found a new passion: battling, and this allowe...
961K 16.6K 74
After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while planning his next region, tragedy strikes...
6.9K 93 2
Ash just lost the Kalos League and is heading on his own journey with Serena after the siblings left. They don't know they have the same feelings for...