What Lies Beneath (Sherlock (...

By PunkRock_LifeStyle

Meet Winter Watson, niece to the famous blogger John Watson. Winter travels from America, to London, to atten... More

Chapter 1; Dancing in London
Chapter 2; Day With Sherlock
Chapter 3; Little Sherlock
Chapter 4; The Sister Announcment
Chapter 5; Cracking the Walls of the Mystery Man
Chapter 6; Meeting Molly Hooper
Chapter 7; A Visit From Mommy Dearest
Chapter 8; Job From Mycroft
Chapter 9; Questions, Answers, and Irene Adler
Chapter 10; Threats from Moriarty
Chapter 11; The Game Begins
Chapter 12; Attack of Irene
Chapter 13; Confustions of the High-Functioning-Sociopath
Chapter 14; The Chess Game
Chapter 15; Foolish Games.
Chapter 17; The Fake Detective, Sherlock Holmes.
Chapter 18; The Case of Moriarty, Meeting Mycroft, and the News From Molly
Chapter 19; This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
Chapter 20; Critical
Chapter 21; Turn for the Worst
Chapter 22; The Game is Over
Epilogue

Chapter 16; Sharing a Bed With Sherlock Holmes

5.9K 205 65
By PunkRock_LifeStyle

Okay, I will admit that some of the ideas that have been going on where inspired by actual things in episodes of Sherlock.

But, I do not own those ideas,, even though you all know that XD

But I'm dying of feels right now, because I just watched episode 1 of Sherlock season 3 The Empty Hearse and I was just like; dsfhgkjsdfhgskjgnjksdfhjbhgkjhrdjtbgkjh!

So!

Again I say that comments are greatly appreciated! Seriously you guys have no idea how awesome I feel when I ready all your comments! Most amazing comment gets a dedication from here on out!

Oh and this is dedicated to @Skyesongek for leaving an amazing comment on the last chapter! Really though you have no idea how special you made me feel!

But I do want to send a shout out to @KristinaMorrison and @Doc_Miester for there amazing comments as well!

I think that is all! Hope you guys enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 16;

(P.O.V Winter)

Looks like Irene Adler isn’t the only one who had broken that walls of Sherlock Holmes. Sherly Boy is quite the catch, isn't he? Big brother would be so proud. Sleep well dear!

JM x

JM…..

Jim Moriarty.

The name sounded familiar, and then I recalled where I had heard it from.

Irene Adler!

What do you mean Jim, who? Moriarty! Jim Moriarty. Now do as I say. Tell him that the plan has been put into action’

My mind recalled Irene’s very own words.

It had been two weeks since I received the message from Moriarty.

Currently I sat at my desk, staring at my phone. The message was still my own secret, neither Uncle John nor Sherlock knew and I planned to keep it that way.

I thought about telling Molly, but I didn’t want to risk her telling Sherlock.

I was suppose to be writing my term paper for a final project in my writing class, but I couldn’t concentrate on anything but the message.

I rubbed my forehead, and wiped my sweaty palms on my thighs, before setting the phone down, and pushing myself away from the desk.

I grunted in frustration, still trying to decipher the message.

Sherly Boy…

Clearly that meant Sherlock, that was too obvious.

Not the only one to break the walls of Sherlock Holmes’

I gather that it was a reference towards Irene Adler, but is there a double meaning there?

Could Moriarty be suggesting that I was another to break Sherlock’s walls?

He must be mistaken, Sherlock wouldn’t allow that to happen after the Irene incident.  

Big Brother would be so proud’

Apparently, Irene wasn’t the only one who knew about my older brother. Unless Moriarty was the source of her information, which could make since, I suppose.

Suddenly, I understood exactly what Moriarty was trying to say.

I rushed back to my computer desk, and pulled up my Google Chrome web engine. I went to Uncle’s blog, and logged in.

I knew Uncle’s password, it was simple really, I wasn’t stupid.

‘Sarah’ was his password.

I opened a page, and began to inter a new blog entery, knowing that Moriarty was watching.

Two weeks ago, I received a text message, from a mysterious JM. This could only be from one person, the ever so dreadful, Jim Moriarty, enemy of the renounce Consulting Detective Sherlock Holmes. The message was simple, leaving me clues to recent events going on in the world around me, that I had been previously blind too. Making inferences to my enemy the ever so seductive criminal, Irene Adler. Also knowing things that only someone who was a criminal mastermind could know about a person, one of their deepest secrets. Finally tying this together with a statement so simple, but having mean a hunderand different things. There was a second person who has broken the walls of Sherlock Holmes, this time it was not Irene Adler. I assume that Mr. Moriarty was speaking about me, but i have my doubts in the truth to his statement. But I will say, that whoever has broken down Sherlock’s walls, has dove themselves into a game so dangerous and deciving that it could fool even the worlds greatest detective.~Winter Watson’

I ended the blog, and posted it onto Uncle John’s website, waiting for Moriarty’s reaction.

I turned off my computer, and stepped away, walking down the stairs.

Upon reaching the living room, I found Uncle John sat at his computer, Sherlock reading over his shoulder.

When they felt my presents in the room, both their heads turned towards me, their expressions stern, and cold.

I smiled innocently, fully aware that they were probably reading my post on Uncle John’s blog.

I shrugged, and went into the kitchen, grabbing a soda from the fridge, and avoiding Sherlock’s recent body part experiments.

I felt their eye still on me as I moved about the kitchen, then begun to head towards the stairs.

“Winter, come here.” Uncle said, in a cool tone.

I stopped, and grunted, before turning around and heading into the living room.

“Yes?’ I said sweetly.

“Have you seen my blog lately?” he asked, glancing from me to the computer screen.

“No, but I have heard many people are really enjoying it. Maybe I should check it out.” I mused.

I was fully aware that they both knew exactly what was going one, I mean I did post my name on the blog after all. But I just wanted to toy with them, just to see their reactions.

“Yes it is going very well, I suppose. But I wanted to ask, is there any reason why there is a post on here that I know for a fact I didn’t post? A post I will admit, that has your name on it.” Uncle said.

“Perhaps you’ve been hacked?” I said, sipping my soda.

“I suppose that is a logical explanation. However, there is also another explanation that could explain this happening.” Uncle said.

“There could be, Sherlock, why do you tell me what this other explanation is? After all, this is what you do best.” I said, smirking.

“You’re good, I almost believe you, Winter. However, I also know that you’re just playing a silly game. You’re just messing with us, fully aware of the situation. You posted your name on that blog purposely. You received that text from Moriarty two weeks ago, unable to let it off your mind. You’ve not completed you’re term paper yet because of this. But you managed to figure it all out within a fair amount of time. Also, you never told us because you wanted to figure it out for yourself. You wanted to prove to yourself that you were clever enough to not be considered average. You are about average my dear, but still under me, but don’t fear, most people are. Even my own parents. Now tell me, what are these ‘walls’ of mine that has been broken by Miss Adler? No, no don’t tell me. I’m sure it has to do with feelings, and sentiment. Both of which I am immune to having. Now tell me, did I get anything wrong?” Sherlock rambled at lightning speed.

I thought for a moment, going over Sherlock’s words in my head.

“No, no your completely right Sherlock. Good for you, figuring all that out Truly impressive.” I said, sarcastically.

Sherlock knew he got everything correct, he just wanted me to admit that he read me like a book.

“Good, now give me your phone.” He said.

“What? Why?” I asked.

“Because, if Moriarty is texting you that means he is watching you. There are probably cameras in your room, and he is more then likely using your phone to track you. So, to fix it, give me your phone.” He said.

“Its upstairs. And wait, what about the cameras?” I asked.

“Hmm, yes. Well finding them would only influence Moriarty to work fast, or replace them into a better hiding spot. So, you’ll just have to bunk with me.” He said, pacing about.

“What?” I said, not sure if I heard him correct.

“Problem?” he asked, as though he didn’t even realize my discomfort.

“I can sleep on the sofa, its not a problem.” I said.

“None since. You already have a small aching back pain, you’ve more then likely cracked a bone in your spine at a young age. The couch is ghastly uncomfortable anyway.” He said nonchalantly.

I looked at my Uncle, who only shrugged.

“Your not going to help me out on this?” I asked him.

“What’s the point, he is to stubborn to listen. Besides, it wont be for very long, a few weeks at the most. Moriarty Is bound to make a move sometime.” Uncle said.

I grunted and headed to the stairs.

“Oh, and Winter, don’t forget your phone.” Sherlock said.

I went up the stairs, and grabbed my phone, before handing it over to Sherlock.

It didn’t bother me to be without a phone, I wasn’t that attached to it. What bothered me, was being without a way to contact someone for help, if anything happened. Although, it didn’t really do much good when I was attacked my Jake and Rolf, but I like to make sure that everyone else was safe in a dangerous situation.

Especially with Moriarty on the loose.

I knew that tonight, since I was forced to be sharing a room with Sherlock, was going to be rather interesting.

I headed down the stairs, after changing into my pajamas, and wasn’t sure what to expect.

I made my way to Sherlock’s room, and sighed. I crawled into bed, and closed my eyes. After a few moments, I felt Sherlock crawl into bed next to me.

I had brought my own blanket, because I knew that I was a blanket hog, and that would very much frustrate Sherlock.

We laid back to back in his bed, both of us knowing that the other was fully awake.

“Sherlock?” I asked, my voice soft and light.

“Yes?” he answered.

“Moriarty, the guy who is after you, do you…do you think that he’ll…” I stopped, not knowing how to phrase my question.

“Try to kill me? Yes. In fact he already has.” He answered, already knowing.

“Do you know why?” I asked, curious.

The room fell silence once again, as Sherlock thought about my question. I didn’t know if he knew the answer or not, and it was making me nervous.

“No…No I don’t. Oh I dread not knowing things.” He said.

I giggled, and I could practically feel Sherlock roll his eyes.

We laid there, not facing each other for several more minutes. Finally, I began to feel my eyes begin to get heavy.

“Goodnight, Sherlock.” I said, with a yawn.

Sherlock didn’t answer back, but I never really expected him to.

I smiled slightly, as I let my eyes close. I felt safe, and warm inside, but I could exactly tell you why. I hadn’t slept well since reciving the message from Moriarty. And maybe Sherlock knew that. Perhaps there were no cameras, and Sherlock felt sorry for me.

Maybe there was even just the tiniest piece of his heart that wasn’t hidden behind walls.

But whatever the case, it was comforting.

Besides, its not every day that you share a bed with Sherlock Holmes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 96 22
Everything was quiet at 221B Baker Street until a family friend of John's comes to stay, a 15 year old girl who has decided to bring 2 friends along...
43.3K 2K 25
-Johnlock Fanfic- 🍩-What if in an alternate reality people have visual signs of soulmates identity? Names written on their wrists? 🍪-And what if Wi...
45.3K 1.6K 24
"Sherlock, how many ways must I say it for you to understand? I'm love before Moriarty. I'm Eros before Moriarty. I'm more than Moriarty. Amor before...
40.3K 1.9K 30
St Bartholomew's Boarding School seemed to be the same in a long list of schools fifteen year old Sherlock Holmes had been to. A social outcast two y...