Under the Gray Willow Tree

By angelyntjf

Meet Willow Rayne, the girl who lost her family on that one fateful day. And now, meet Gray Lopez, the guy wi... More

Foreword
Tapas
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 3

9K 239 76
By angelyntjf

Well, hi! And welcome back to the story! :DDDD I hope you enjoy it... And thanks for sticking around til now! I hope you'll stay with me until the end! Oh, and a little note, don't complain that this chapter is too short. I'll be posting another one or two short chapters, than it'll be longer, I promise. The mystery, or rather, the main plot of this, will start very, very soon, so stay tuned! I'm sorry if it sounds too cliche, but its the only kind of thing I can think of to fill you guys in on everything. Anyways, enough of the author's note...

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!

__________________

Chapter 3

How do uneventful days always manage to pass so agonisingly slow? It gets really annoying at times. When I need time to pass quickly, it does quite the opposite. When I need it to pass slowly, it passes like a bullet train. We can just never win, can we?

I want the first few months of school to pass as quickly as possible. They're always the most boring time during the whole school year. Why? We mostly just get work, work and work! No fun... But at the end of the year, there are camps and all sorts of fun stuff to do.

Why oh why are the days passing so slowly? The past four months seems like two whole years. So, if you guessed its December now, you're absolutely right. Well, it's December the nineteenth to be exact. The last week of school before the winter-slash-Christmas break.

One of the most annoying times during the school year must be on the first day of the last week of school, especially before the summer holidays. Because the holidays are like so near, yet so far.

I felt someone nudged me in the shoulder, deliberately snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Yes..." I answered dreamily.

"You look like you're about to doze off any second now..."

As a matter of fact, I am. "So?"

"Are you tired?"

"Mmm-hmm..."

Believe or not, I don't even know who I'm talking to. The voice sounds familiar, but I can't seem to be able to think properly today.

I turned my head towards the direction of the voice. It's Gray. Figures! I'm simply too exhausted to get anything straight right now.

"Oh, Willow tree..."

A grin crept onto my face.

"Why are you so sleepy today?" he enquired," In fact, you have been sleepy for this whole week. Why?"

I froze at the question. I couldn't tell him the truth. I've never told anyone before about the fact that I cry myself to sleep every night. And yesterday was particularly bad. I had been painting again. And I just had to paint that one particular night. The night of my best Christmas. When I was just six years old.

"Jess! Willow!" Mum called out to the both of us," It's time to open your presents!"

My sister and I squealed in excitement. We literally ran into the living room where a huge Christmas tree was up.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" I cried in delight, smiling as widely as ever.

Mum chuckled at me. She was bent over, rearranging the resents underneath the tree.

"Come over here," she instructed Jess and I.

I went over to her, giggling a little.

"Here you go, Willow dear," she said, handing me a large present wrapped with blue-and-green wrapping, a translucent golden bow was tied on the top of the present.

I felt a thrill of excitement and happiness.

"It's from Mummy and Daddy," she whispered into my ear, ever so quietly.

I giggled and started hastily tearing off the present paper, and littering it all over the floor. The present – my present – was in a box. I opened it roughly and gasped in shock and utmost happiness when I looked into it. This hasto be the best present that I've ever received up to date.

"Thank you Mummy and Daddy! I love it!" I squealed.

Dad lowered the newspaper he was reading to look at me. He chuckled, probably at my reaction upon opening the present. "You're welcome Willow."

Jess was sitting next to me, opening her Christmas present. She was equally as happy – if not more – with her present as I am with mine. She got a set of dolls as well as a dollhouse. But I like definitely like mine better. A lotbetter.

I stood up and looked into the box to get a better view of what I had received. There was a stack of coloured paper, a set of stencils, a stationery set, a box of colourful marker, some coloured pen, three paintbrushes, a set of twelve poster paints, and a set of finger paints. I've alwayswanted these!

I've been playing with my parent's stationeries and paints for a long time already. They've also always complimented me for all the artwork I do, at home or at school alike. And I love the compliments. It makes me feel so proud of my work. And the best part is, that I enjoy it.

A tear started making its way down my cheek as all these memories of that one particular day started flooding into my mind like a waterfall. Gray must've noticed that I started crying, because I soon felt a tear being wiped off my cheek.

"Your memories?"

I nodded. I didn't have the energy – or the willpower – to say anything. All my memories make me sad, no more happy like it used to. All my memories make me feel so empty now. Every. Single. One.

"Which one?"

I paused. I don't want to tell him which one it is. I'd rather remember it all over again, but tears would pour out even more than ever. I just shook my head in reply, indicating that I didn't want to tell him, and squeezed my eyes shut as tightly as possible.

He patted my back comfortingly. "Will –"

He was cut off by the sudden ringing of the bell. I am so grateful for it. I got up and stuffed my lunch box into my bag. I dashed off before Gray could even stop me.

I couldn't bear talking about my memories to anyone, anyone at all. Not even Gray. I'm sorry Gray, I really am. I know you try your best to make me feel as happy as I possibly can. But it's a vain attempt, Gray. Beacause nothing can ever make me happy again. Nothing.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, while running down the hallway to get to class.

I'm sorry Gray. But everyone in this world has a secret right? A secret that no one knows, except themselves. Well, this is my little secret that no one is allowed to know... Not until I'm ready...

______________

Well, do you like it? I'll be posting again very soon. :D I need more help if I'm going to enter this in the Watty Awards, so PLS SUPPORT ME!!! :) I WOULD LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!

Until next time!

PS Could you help me with the cast list? I just need a cast for Willow and Gray... I can do the others myself (spoiler, so I'm not telling).. You should know how they look like right?? You don't? *gasp* Ah! Jk, jk! Sometimes even I forget! I don't really care about the eyes. Just their age (the actors must look around there. I don't care if he/she's old. Just as long as they look the age I want them to look) and hair colour. Well,

Willow = BLONDE HAIR WITH BROWN STREAKS (not the other way round), 17-ish

Gray = Dark brown hair (DON'T SUGGET CHACE C! SORRY! BUT HE'S NOT SUITABLE!), also 17-ish

THKS! I'LL FAN YOU IF YOU HELP ME!

Update (04/06/17): I apologise to everyone who had to read my author's note from 2012. It's so bad and so annoying omg I'm cringing so hard at it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Family LIES By Ivy Nesty

Mystery / Thriller

100 32 44
Isabella Laine calls all her family members to meet her at the Laine Manor. Hayley Stevens, granddaughter of Isabella haven't even seen or heard abou...
332 7 10
A young couple decides to protect a small boy has somehow has been lost. There are things about the small boy, that ain't from this world, or is it?
1.1M 95.6K 82
❝Hel-❞ ❝Dad? How is she?! I would come now but-❞ ❝Chris...it's Willow.❞ ❝Oh, shit. Sorry. Wrong number.❞ + (not worth reading at all, i don't know wh...
750K 14.9K 77
Willow Aburn is a shy, clumsy, innocent girl. She didn't have many friends but was kind to everyone regardless. People took advantage of her kindness...