She's in Charge-ON HOLD

By aestheticallydun

CURRENTLY ON HOLD INDEFINITELY "A war is starting young man, your pack was a threat to our kind," he said as... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Familiar Faces
Chapter Two: War is Starting
Chapter Three: Surprises
Chapter Five: Attack
Chapter Six: Memory Loss
Chapter Seven: Phone Calls
Chapter Eight: Taking it Slow
Chapter Nine: Breaking Down Walls
Chapter Ten: Heat
Chapter Eleven: Dinner Dates
Chapter Twelve: New Connections
Chapter 13: Reinforcements
She's In Charge- ON HOLD

Chapter Four: Let's Bet On It

3.5K 228 8
By aestheticallydun

C H A P T E R  F O U R:
L E T S  B E T  O N  I T
Valentina is above in the picture

"Alpha Chase, meet Rayna. My sister and the leader of the mountain men." He lets out a small laugh at what he called us.

I didn't think it was funny. Nothing about the current situation was funny. I had just found my mate and it so happened to be the King, great.

This is great we found our mate! Go over there and make out with him already! Oh my godess he's so hot! Fighting Brynn back was harder than I thought, she just wanted to jump his bones. That's the problem with wolves and mates, they don't think logically, they just want to claim their other half.

"I need to speak with you alone about the current situation." He never took his eyes off of me.

"Alone? I think my Third in Command should come along, as he does help me manage the warriors."

His jaw clenched and he now had authority in his voice. "I agree, but there are some things I need to discuss with you and only you. I will not ask again."

I rolled my eyes at him, deciding on not making a scene, before getting out of the fighting area and following him inside the house.

We walked into a large office and he shut the door behind him, then proceeded to sit behind his desk.

"Sit." He motioned to a chair across from the desk. I walked over and sat down, feeling very uncomfortable under his gaze.

"How many men did you bring with you?" He started.

"One hundred fifty."

"Are they all your best warriors?"

"No, I brought an equal amount of strong and weak, I needed strong ones to stay behind and watch over the pack in case there was an attack."

He looked confused. "Why would you bring weak men into a war?"

I scoffed. "Because my weakest man could take down your strongest."

He laughed. "You underestimate my pack."

"Not at all, I just know that my pack is stronger."

He had a playful smirk on his face and he leaned forward on the table. "Then let's make a deal. If your weakest warrior can take down my strongest then you'll get something, if my strongest takes down your weakest, I get something."

A smile danced on my lips, my wolf and I loved a good challenge. "And what would we be playing for?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want?"

My smile grew bigger. "If I win, I get to be in charge of your men for the war, meaning I can order them to do what I want and train them how I want."

His smile fell. "So what you're saying is you want to be the Alpha?"

I nodded my head. "Indeed."

He sat back in his chair and thought about it. "Okay, but if I win. I get to mark you."

I just looked at him, wide eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a thing against mates, I just never thought about it.

If he marked me what would happen? Would my warriors have to move in with him and abandon our home? That would never happen, I wouldn't let it. I worked hard to get there and I wasn't going to let it be taken away by some mark on my neck. Maybe I could reject him.

You better not deny us our mate Rayna or even try to reject him, he's meant for us, our other half. Brynn sounded sad that I was thinking about that.

I just wouldn't lose this bet then. "Deal."

We made our way outside, when we reached everybody he spoke up. "We are going to start with a fight. Lucas, step up." I recognized him, he was one of the men who came to my pack with my brother.

A very tanned, large man stepped up into the rink. He was tall and had a nice build, but was nothing like our mate.

He looked over at me. "Get your man up there."

I smiled at him, for my fighter was not a man. "Valentina, please step up."

My people cleared a way for her as she proudly made her way into the rink. She was gorgeous, her features were somewhat exotic and brown hair framed her face.

I saw Lucas' eyes widen when he saw her. "You're kidding? I'm fighting a girl?"

She smirked, amusement in her bright blue eyes. "You scared?" She was taunting him, a real SunDown pack move. That's what we called ourselves because we waited until the sun was down to attack.

You wouldn't think she was the weakest member by looking at her, she had muscles and was in great shape.

She wasn't the weakest because she couldn't fight, everybody in my pack was a ruthless warrior. Valentina was a good fighter indeed, but if she went against anybody else in my pack she would lose.

I didn't know how this man would be for her, she just needed to use her agility in this.

He growled at her. "No but I think you should be, your face won't be looking that pretty when I'm done with you."

He was cocky, she could use this against him.

You've got this girl, just do what I've been showing you. You'll be fine. I mind-linked to her and I saw a smile on her face.

"Begin." Aaron boomed next to me.

Lucas didn't even hesitate, as soon as those words left Aaron's mouth, he lunged.

Valentina barely dodged it, as she was not expecting this.

"I think you're going to lose this one, soon you'll have my mark on your pretty little neck." Aaron bent down and whispered in my ear, his closeness making my wolf got nuts.

"In your dreams." I replied, my eyes locked on the fight.

I was sizing up Lucas, he was at least five inches taller than Valentina but that was good, she could evade him easier.

They circled each other, Valentina was searching for a weak spot. I saw her eyes light up for a spilt second when she found one.

Lucas charged again, that was his problem, he didn't wait and watch he just attacked.

Valentina didn't step out of the way, instead she waited until he was close, then shot her fist out and there was a sickening crack as it connected with his nose.

He stumbled back, clutching his nose as blood came out. "You little.." Lucas growled out.

She went forward as he was recovering from the blow and kicked him in the ribs then punching him in the throat, Valentina fought dirty.

I felt Aaron tense from behind me, he wasn't expecting this outcome.

Lucas was struggling for breath as Valentina landed another blow to his cheek then kicked his knee, another sickening crack heard as he fell to the ground.

She took this opportunity and pushed him on his back, taking on of his arms and bending it at a painful angle while she pressed a knee between his shoulder blades.

Lucas struggled under her grasp, but any movement he made against her, Valentina would only push his arm further.

"I can do this all night." She was amused.

I looked back at Aaron who was fuming. "She really can, she definitely isn't my best fighter but she sure is a dirty one."

Aaron growled. "Enough." With that, Valentina got off of him and walked over to me.

I held a proud smile on my face as she neared, making her smile even more. When she was close enough I engulfed her in a bear hug. "Way to go girl."

"There's no way she was your lowest fighter." Aaron was angry, his alpha side coming out even more.

I let go of Valentina. "You can go rest up if you want, good job tonight."

She walked off, my people cheering for her. "If you think I'm lying then you can pick anybody out of my people and put them against another one of yours, I don't lie about statuses."

"Fine." He let out. "You're now the person in charge of them all." He sounded pained to say this, which made me happy. Another alpha had lost to us, and not just any alpha, the King.

While I was ecstatic at this, my wolf was whimpering inside my mind that we caused our mate embarrassment and anger.

He cupped my face with one of his hands, electricity shooting everywhere, and bent down next to my ear.

"You may have won this one, but I will mark you and you will be my Luna one day, I can promise you that." He pulled away and then walked back into his house, leaving me dumbfounded and annoyed and my wolf overjoyed at his words.

Word Count:
1547
———————————————————————————
AN:
Yay another chapter! I'm sorry it's been a bit since I updated but I doubt I'll be able to update for a bit since exams start next week and it's super stressful because of the situation I'm in. Hope you guys enjoyed and if you did remember to vote and comment!
-mae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 12K 62
Even the happiest fairy tales are rooted in nightmares, twisted to entertain children and lure them into false pretenses. After seventeen years in i...
1.2M 43.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
4.6K 520 31
"I said goodbye to Roze as I go to get my supplies. It's times like this that make me wonder... Maybe if my mother never gave me up I would be treate...
700K 22.6K 37
There once were two wolves who each lost a mate. Against all odds, they were brought together through an arrangement. Emerson, Alpha of the Ni...