Violinist (CENTURIES series:...

By TheBibicalSinner

"What would you like me to play; The violin or your pussy?" • • • He lived on the street. They called him a t... More

Description
Oli's Note
Prelude
Prologue
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue
Postlude

2

165K 9.5K 2.2K
By TheBibicalSinner

This is music

"How do I look?"

"Like you should be in between my legs."

"Perfect," Dan smirked and fixed the sleeves on his blue shirt for the fiftieth time, looking down at his cufflinks. He was gearing up for his big date, having showered and shaved and styled himself to the point where one would think he was going for the red carpet. But that was Dan for you; he looked good and he damn well knew it.

"How about me?" I asked, wearing my usual costume for work, the tight black corset and fishnet stockings, my black pumps and of course the signature butterfly collar around my neck. It was the classic waitress outfit for any girl working at the Aristocat Lounge.

"Well I'm not turned on, but I'm guessing you look hot as well," Dan replied, finally done tampering with his cufflinks. He only had two pairs and these were his lucky ones. That meant he was hoping to get lucky, and honestly, Kyle had to be impotent if he didn't jump him the moment he laid eyes on him.

"Alright then," I said and went for my big coat. I wasn't going on the subway in an outfit everyone could glare at me in. They'd have to come to the Lounge to stare at these tits. "Have fun on your date. Don't forget lubrication."

"Mmm, don't wait up."

I blew him a mockery kiss with my middle finger before I left the apartment. Dan had the night off, but others weren't as lucky. I had to work Saturdays to survive on my paycheck.

I made it through the subway ride without getting thrown up on or scrutinized, then walked the last two blocks in my heels to The Aristocat Lounge. By the time I got there, the music was already blasting away, the sax and drums and piano swinging it up. The bartenders were flipping bottles, and the other waitresses were gliding across the floor smoothly, serving drinks after drinks to the entertained customers.

I couldn't help but smile as I stepped in. This felt like home.

Ditching my coat in the back, I slipped on my long, black, satin gloves and then stepped out, ready to get to work.

"Mel," I heard Carlos's voice angrily snap the second I was picking up my tray. "You're five minutes late."

"Sorry, it won't happen again." I promised.

"Damn hell it won't. Now get out on the floor and make some money."

I supressed the urge to kiss my teeth at him and instead just headed out there, perking my lips up into a smile as I went to the first table who needed a refill. I began waiting tables, running back and forth to bring and deliver drinks, all the while the band played loudly, the musicians working for every drop of sweat that dribbled off them. Hank, our sax player, was glistening up on stage under the powerful spotlights.

"Hey, I'm gonna go bring the band some refills," I shouted to Carlos who sat in a corner by the bar, smoking on a cigar.

"Keep away from the stage," He surprised me by snarling. Carlos was usually in a good mood. This angry mien was so unlike him. "Just focus on the floor, I got the stage covered."

I rose a brow, but didn't ask. "Alright, whatever you say..."

"Just get back out there."

Someone clearly pissed in his drink tonight. I wasn't even gonna go near him. An angry Carlos was unpredictable, and I liked my job.

Returning to what I was doing, I served the customers their drinks and my charm. The band kept playing and Carlos put on a smiling face for the crowd every time he stepped up on the stage to present the next artist. The show must go on, as they said. Even if something was wrong.

"Hey, Mona," I quickly stopped one of the other waitresses as she was heading back out on the floor with a tray full of drinks. "Why is Carlos on edge tonight? Did something happen?"

"Haven't you noticed?" She replied and rose a brow. "We're missing our violinist."

"Did he get sick?"

"No. The Lounge got burglarized last night after we closed up. All they grabbed was the violin," Mona told, flicking her eyes up to Carlos who now took the stage and introduced the next act. "He's been keeping it on the down-low because he's pissed that someone got in. I imagine it's an ego thing."

"Whoa, wait, someone broke in last night and only stole the violin?" I asked and rose a skeptical brow. "Has he reported it to the police?"

Mona shrugged. "Don't know, don't care. That's his business."

"True, alright. Thanks, hon."

"No probs."

Mona returned to the floor while I stayed by the bar, waiting for the second bartender to whip up the drink orders. My heel absentmindedly tapped to the rhythm of the band, my fingers tickling across the counter.

They only stole a violin...

I wondered... that vagabond from yesterday with the keen ear for the violin, he wouldn't happen to know anything about the robbery now, would he?

Definitely worth investigating.

"Order's up!" The bartender called and placed the last drink on my tray.

I instantly picked it up and headed out onto the floor again.

How hard could it be to find a stolen violin on the streets of New York?

~~~

I didn't get off from work until 3am. By then my feet were killing me and my arms were busted from catering drinks all night long. You'd think you'd get used to it over time, but apart from the thicker skin on my feet, it stayed the same. Exhaustion was exhaustion and I was exhausted.

Still, my mind hadn't been able to let go of the violin theft. What were truly the chances that that vagabond hadn't stolen it? He had clearly been upset about our violinist (apparently) playing it badly, and what if it had bothered him so much he had flat out stolen the violin to stop the crowd from suffering any further? I was sure a violin could earn good money on the street. In the worst case, he could probably use it as firewood.

I was walking down to the subway, trying not to step in the vomit of someone who hadn't been able to make it to the trashcan three feet away, when I heard it.

No fucking way. Nuh-uh. The world just wasn't that small.

My mind froze, but my body followed the sound of what sounded like squeaking. These were no ordinary squeaks. They weren't the kind from a rusty bike or a broken valve, and in the underground echo from the subway, it sounded almost torturous. Like someone was dragging their nails across a blackboard. It made my heart pace as I came closer and closer, rounding a corner to get my suspicion confirmed.

There weren't any people. Just one man who was sitting up against the tiled wall with a small suitcase and a wooden instrument in his hands.

A violin.

Well, that was easy.

He paid no attention to me as I walked over to him. Only when I stopped up in front of him and cast an accusatory shadow over his body did his eyes flicker up and pin hard on me.

Every word fled my mind.

Oceans. Deep, blue, pacific oceans were what met me and had my mouth falling open until they abruptly looked away and had me blinking.

The hell.

I continued standing there, paralyzed. For some reason, I didn't move. He kept fiddling with the violin in front of me, turning on the screws to tune it, seemingly indifferent about the fact that I was there. I knew I should stop him. That's why I walked over here. Not to stare like some awestricken fool, but the way his hands worked was what had me staring without interrupting him like I was supposed to. The violin wasn't his. It was stolen property. He could break it, and yet I didn't stop him.

Maybe, it was because it was so late and I was exhausted, simply too tired to function right or give a care.

Or maybe... it was because of the way he slowly brought the violin to his chin and raised it to just the right arch with what seemed like practiced hands. When he brought the bow to the strings, I knew I should've stopped him, but I didn't. Instead, I stood still and waited like an audience at the opera.

And therefore... he played.

• • •

Next chapter will be... intense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 an Hour By sya

Fanfiction

4.9K 129 21
Worthless. Is one word to describe me. Used. Is another word. Bought. My famous line? "50 an hour." In reality that's all I ever was. Worthless for b...
148K 3.7K 57
Married to My Master/ Hide & Seek Spin-Off Warning: This story is explicit with graphic sex scenes, foul language, sexual assault, dark romance, chok...
18K 165 23
𝑁𝑜 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑡 . 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑠...
822 77 36
Settling between my legs he looked me in the eyes, softly whispering to me "what are you doing to me woman" I see his gaze flicker from my eyes to my...