Courtney Oliver: Back to acti...

By ChelseaElliott1

After her adventures in blue bay harbour Courtney Oliver wants a quiet normal life. Well as normal as you can... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Day of the dino part 2
Chapter 2: Day of the dino part 2
Chapter 3: Wave goodbye
Chapter 4: Legacy of power
Chapter 6: Diva in distress
Chapter 7: Golden boy
Chapter 8: White thunder part 1
Chapter 9: White thunder part 2
Chapter 10: White thunder part 3
Chapter 11: Truth and consequences
Chapter 12: Leader of the whack
Chapter 13: Burning at both ends
Chapter 14: Copy that
Chapter 15: Triassic triumph
Chapter 16: A star is torn
Chapter 17: Wormhole
Chapter 18: Fighting spirit
Chapter 19: Thunderstorm part 1
Chapter 20: Thunderstorm part 2
Chapter 21: House of cards
Chapter 22: A test of trust
Chapter 23: Thunderstruck part 1
Chapter 24: Thunderstruck part 2
Chapter 25: History

Chapter 5: Back in black

2.4K 43 6
By ChelseaElliott1

Chapter 5: Back in black

Chelbell2016:

Well this was one of my favourite episodes of Dino thunder. Hope you enjoy and please review.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

We all prepared to leave to go and save my dad.

''Alright I've got the official lock on the invisiportal,'' she grinned at all of us. She told us where the place was and I turned to the team.

''Ok guys let's go.'' I told them and they nodded their heads. We started to walk towards the entrance when we heard Hayley's voice behind us.

''Remember you have to reach a speed of 536 miles per hour upon entry,'' We all turned to her shocked. ''Did I forget to mention that.'' We nodded.

''Even flaming wont do the job.'' I said.

''I'll take that as a yes,'' she say and I wonder how she is going to fix this. ''Not to worry I have something for just such an occasion.'' She assures us while pressing a few buttons on her computer.

A door to the side opened up to reveal five bikes all in different colours. I was amazed. As a person who does Motocross I loved anything to do with bikes.

''These are your new raptor cycles,'' Hayley told us as we all looked at the bikes in awe. ''They should have you to the portal in approximately 92.75 seconds.'' She said proud.

''WOW that's fast.'' I said ''What about when we get there?'' I asked Hayley.

''Use your gems to access the hyper drive,'' she told me and I nodded. ''The head straight through the portal to Mesagog's Island fortress.'' She finished.

''Wait did you say... island fortress?'' Conner asked looking really nervous.

''Yes... Why?'' She asked him.

''Well... Islands they... are usually... surrounded by... water.'' He said and I smirked as I realised what his problem was.

''Don't tell me you can't swim.'' I laughed and he got defensive.

''I didn't say that.'' He glared at me while speaking.

''But its true, you can't.'' Leanne confirmed and Conner just continued to glare.

''The invisiportal will take you directly to the island,'' Hayley assured him. ''You'll never have to get that.''

I looked around at the others. ''Once we are inside the fortress I should be able to sense my dad and then we will be able to find him.'' They nodded.

''Can't swim.'' Ethan continued to tease the red ranger.

''Whatever dude.'' Conner said.

He turned to me and so did the others.

''You guys ready?'' I asked.

''Ready!'' They told me.

''DINO THUNDER POWER UP! HA!''

We morphed and took off on our bikes.

*Back to action*

We were driving along the beach when all of a sudden our bikes stopped.

''They just stopped.'' Leanne spoke and I knew why they must of stopped.

''Guys this must be where Hayley planned the co-ordinates,'' I told them and we started to get off the bikes. ''Stay alert.'' I finished.

Leanne pointed to where the invisiportal had just appeared.

''I sure hope dad is on the other side.'' She said to us and I nodded.

''Well there's only one way to find out,'' I told them. ''You guys ready?'' I asked turning to them. They all nodded.

We began to head to our bikes but before we could there was a noise and we turned to see Zeltrax, Elsa and some Tyrannodrones. I sighed, of course this wouldn't be easy.

''Hey,'' I growled out at them. ''No one invited you to the party.''

''I'm crashing! And I've brought a few friends,'' she indicated to the monsters that surrounded her. ''Is that rude?''

''Extremely!'' Kira answered her.

Zeltrax stepped forward and addressed us. ''You're not getting through that portal unless your in chains.''

''So sorry Zeltrax,'' I mocked him. ''Chains just don't look good on me.''

''I say we go for it.'' Conner suggested and we all nodded.

We raced off to fight our enemies. I faced off and shot at a lot of Tyrannodrones. I called for my Thundermax sabre and began to hack at them one by one why I still had one hand on the handle of the bike to steer it. As Ethan, Kira and Leanne took on the Tyrannodrones I joined Conner and took on Zeltrax. I managed to blast him and we all regrouped not far from the portal.

''Guy's hurry,'' Ethan pointed out. ''The portals still open.''

''We can do it!'' I told them with confidence. ''Open net! Follow me.''

They all nodded and we sped towards the portal avoiding the blast that Elsa sent after us.

*Back to action*

When we had made it through the portal I used my sensing power and Leanne's knowledge of this place from the last time she was here to lead us to where our dad is.

''I think the lab is this way.'' Leanne said.

''At least we have the element of-'' Kira began but I stopped her as my sensing powers were going nuts. Then all of a sudden a big mutated dinosaur stepped out of the shadows. This must be Mesagog.

''Welcome,'' Mesagog greeted us like we were old friends. ''We've been expecting you.''

''Well when you took my father what do you expect?'' I asked and he glared at me before turning to Leanne.

''You remember me I trust?'' He asked her as we all started to back away.

''Like I could forget that face!'' Leanne retorted and we all looked at her in confusion.

''UH what parts his face?'' He asked her as we all continued to back away. I had a sudden idea and I took Leanne's hand and Ethan's. Then I motioned for Conner to take Leanne's and Kira to take Ethan's why Mesagog wasn't looking.

''Obviously you are in need of some discipline.'' He told us and just as he went to do something Elsa Zeltrax and the Tyrannodrones appeared as he sent the pain and it hit them. At the same time I flamed us into the room where I sensed my dads presence.

We appeared in the room and I seen my dad strapped to a chair in the middle.

''DAD!'' I yelled.

''Good timing,'' He said as we all began to undo the restraints that were keeping him in the chair.

Ethan ran over to the consoles and pressed a button that closed the doors on the Tyrannodrones that were trying to get in.

''I should have known you guys would try and rescue me.'' He said mainly looking at me and Leanne.

''Is that you're way of saying thank you?'' Ethan asked sounding a little offended. ''Because if it is, it needs some work.''

I glance around. ''Not the time Ethan, my dad can thank you properly once were out of here.'' I told him in a commanding voice and he nodded a little.

Dad spoke to us. ''We can use the main invisiportal network,'' He paused looking around at us. ''Hayley gave you the raptor cycles right?'' We nodded. ''This way.''

Before he could get far the others pulled him back.

''We need to talk,'' Ethan told him.

''Go I'll explain later.'' He promised them but nobody moved.

''We already know everything.'' Leanne said making him look at her quickly.

''We found the video diary.'' Kira explained.

Dad sighed as Ethan spoke to him. ''We know that you're a power ranger.''

''Was Ethan,'' He corrected the blue ranger. ''Not anymore.''

The doors opened and Mesagog appeared through them.

''Rangers or not you're mine now.'' Mesagog hissed at us.

''I hate it when he gets like this.'' Dad mumbles while me and the other rangers get into fighting stances.

''We'll take it from here dad.'' I say motioning for him to step aside which he does. We call our morphers.

''DINO THUNDER POWER UP!''

We morphed and rushed forward to fight the Tyrannodrones. I raised my blaster and started to blast some and fight the others. I jumped over and kicked one in the back that had lunged at me. He went down. I blocked, punched and Kicked the Tyrannodrones that were trying to corner me. Once they were down we regrouped.

''DAD!'' I yelled watching as Mesagog threw him and he hit the ground hard.

''Head for the portal I've got to get something.'' He says and I turn to the others.

''GO I'm gonna grab him.'' They nodded.

Dad grabbed a big white stone off of the table and just as he was about to get shot I grabbed his hand and we flamed to where the others were with the bikes.

''Do you really need a souvenir?'' Conner asked my dad.

''This one we do need,'' He answered him. We paused as the Tyrannodrones appeared again. ''GO, I'm right behind you.'' He says but I wait as the others disappear through the portal.

He knocked them back. As they shot at us I raised a shield which deflected it back at them grabbed his hand put my hand on my raptor cycle and flamed us away.

*Back to action*

We reappeared outside where the others were. Before anything else could happen Zeltrax, Elsa and some Tyrannodrones appeared. Zeltrax shot at us my dad pushed me out of the way and with using my power so much I was too weak to raise a shield. Dad raises the crystal and blocks the blast with it.

There was a bright light that made everyone cover there eyes. When the light had disappeared I looked around and dropped to my knees with tears in my eyes. My dad had disappeared. That monster had killed him.

''DAD!'' I yelled and so did Leanne.

''Dr Oliver. No!'' Kira wept. Like me she fell to her knees in pure horror.

''He can't be gone,'' I said trying to fight the tears. ''He just can't.''

''Such negativity,'' Elsa smirked in triumph. ''Haven't you learned that anything is possible.''

Zeltrax spoke up. ''Even the destruction of the great Doctor Tommy Oliver.'' Before I can say anything another voice comes from the silence.

''I heard my name,'' We all looked up, and I stood up as dad reappeared with a clenched fist. ''You missed me didn't you Zeltrax.'' He finished smirking and we all ran over too him.

I noticed a glow and so did Conner.

''Hey, Dr O what's that?'' He asks.

Dad opens his hand to show us a black dino gem that is glowing gold.

''A black dino gem,'' Ethan says interested. ''Let me guess the power of invisibility.'' He suggested.

''Looks like it.'' Tommy confirmed.

''That gem belongs to my master.'' Elsa told Tommy looking ludicrous.

''There's two things you've gotta learn about dino gems,'' dad tells her raising the gem in his hand. ''One you can't choose them they choose you.''

''Whats the other?'' Elsa demanded.

''They go really well with Dino morphers.'' He said and he put his gem into the morpher he had just showed us that is on his wrist.

Elsa scoffed at him. ''Aren't you a little old for this Tommy?'' She mocked.

''I may be old, but I can still pull it off.'' He informs her.

''DINO THUNDER POWER UP.'' He yells morphing into the black ranger.

''Dino thunder! Black ranger!'' He says.

''Awesome.'' Kira declared and we all agreed.

''Just like riding a bike.'' He said. I smiled under my helmet in agreement.

''One more makes no difference.'' Zeltrax growled at them. ''ATTACK!'' He tells the Tyrannodrones and we run straight at them.

I pair off with Elsa.

''We're not intimidated by you're father,'' She tells me to try an scare me.

''Then clearly you've never been grounded by him.'' I tell her.

We fight for a few more minutes why the other rangers battle the monster that Elsa and Zeltrax brought with them.

''POWER OF FIRE.'' I called and blasted her with my ninja fire.

We continued to fight but when she couldn't get the upper hand on the fight she backed away.

''We will meet again, orange ranger,'' she says before disappearing through an invisiportal.

''Chicken.'' I called and as I turned the other rangers are just finishing off the monster.

*Back to action*

A few minutes later the monster returned and grew to a giant size.

Dad's morpher beeped.

''Hayley?'' He asked over the communication.

''Welcome back, I've got a little homecoming present for you,'' We all watched as a huge Brachiosaurus coming towards us before Hayley continued. ''Meet the Brachio zord. Retrieving the black gem must have awakened him. Wait till you see what he's got inside,'' She says and the Brachio zord opens up to show all five of our zords. ''I think you can handle it from here.''

''OK lets do this rangers,'' I say and for the first time, I join the other rangers inside the cockpit o the thundersaurus megazord.

We went to attack but before we could we were restrained and electrocuted.

''Were getting rocked.'' Conner says and I raise my morpher so Leanne who is still on the ground can hear me.

''Leanne,'' I tell her. ''Call the cephlazord.'' She nods and soon the Cephlazord is combining with us.

''Cephla power punch,'' We punch the megazord. ''ANKYLO DRILL ATTACK.'' I call an we destroy the monster with the Ankylo drill.

*Back to action*

Why the others are all sitting in the seats at Hayley's Cyberspace I have once again asked to talk to my Dad alone.

''I wanted to talk to you about me being a leader. No!'' I stop him from interrupting me. ''I have given it a lot of thought and the others have all given me their opinions. I will do it on one condition, '' he waited and I smiled. ''You also be the team leader. You have been a ranger longer than me.''

''I agree,'' He says and then opens his arms and I jump into them and we hug. ''I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have pressured you.'' He told me.

I shook my head. ''Dad yes you shouldn't have assumed but you were right. I do act like a leader. Thank you for always being there for me,'' He nodded. ''Now I believe the others want to talk to you and I've got homework so I will see you at home.'' He nodded, we hugged one last time and then we went our separate ways.

I feel really lucky to have a dad like him.

*Back to action*

Chelbell2016:

Well that was one of my favourites to write. Courtney is finally team leader but next to Tommy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 719 23
Being a teenager is tough. Life for Anna Pierce is hectic, especially someone like her who borderlines the spectrum of autism with her O.C.D. symptom...
3.3K 38 9
Jay Oliver is the son of the legendary Tommy Oliver, who is actively trying to escape his hectic past. Little does he know that trouble will soon fin...
14K 357 32
Zoey Oliver lived in Angel Grove. She is the younger sister to Tommy Oliver. Oh, and she's a ninja. She recruited by her sensei to join the other Pow...
18.7K 313 11
Kimberly Hart left Reefside, California and her friends, the power rangers, along with her friends was her love of her life Thomas (Tommy) Oliver. K...