Awakening

By Charli31996

Blood soaked the ground around me and covered my hands and arms, my blood... I don't think I am dead yet but... More

Awakening

58 1 1
By Charli31996

Blood soaked the ground around me and covered my hand and arms, my blood.

it was cold in the dark, dank cave and the floor was hard against my back, since the sun had set more than a couple of ours ago the place seemed more lifeless than ever, which I’m sure anyone would find quite surprising if they were in my situation, since so many creatures inhabited the hollowed out rock. I lay still, exhausted trying to remember exactly what had happened only this afternoon but coming up blank. I don’t think I am dead but I’m not entirely sure if I’m still alive either however I am certain that I am living which is kind of ironic, but never the less that is my current situation. Turning my head towards the mouth of the cave I could see the bloated moon glowing, illuminating everything it touched giving an even more ghostly feel to the dramatic scene in front of me. Surprisingly I could see as clear as day in the almost pitch black night which was a miracle for me since only this morning I wasn’t able to see past the bridge of my nose without glasses, and even more surprising to me was that the view in front of me didn’t startle me at all. Scattered throughout the opening of the cave were other bodies surrounded in pools of fine red liquid just like mine. There were at least a dozen of them strewn across the place, some lay crumpled and broken, others intact but severely scarred, the body that lay closest to me, a young man no older than I, was turned towards me, even in death his face was still covered in shock horror not like the bodies you see at funerals, all smartly dressed in their snug coffins looking like they are in deep slumber. At peace.

No this man was the image of chaos, clothes ripped, legs Brocken, throat slit. His eyes were the things that gripped me, staring into me but not seeing at all, vacant and empty. I studied him more closely and then realised that I remembered him, his name was Steven we shared gym together. In fact I knew everyone in this cave, the sudden revelation made me sit and examine the bodies again. Jane Connors was sat against one of the cave walls, missing several fingers and an eye ball, a fist sized whole punched clean through her chest, and she sat next to me in physics.  David her boyfriend lay face down in front of her, his spine had been ripped  straight from his back and now lay forgotten by his feet, funny I could never remember his last name. then there was Hamish Roland and Sarah Green piled on  top of each other they were from my I.T. class, neither of them were missing any limbs but both had branches pushed through their chest and neck. Carla Bay, Hannah Crescent, Michael Peter, Amy-Loo Smith, Richard Brook, Jack Jones and a few others from my various classes at St Johns were dismembered, slit and stabbed, my friends.

No emotions seemed to fill me though as I looked on at this sight, in fact I didn’t seem to feel anything at all except from hungry, which is understandable since I haven’t eaten since this morning. I fact I was famished, the feeling of emptiness inside me was almost over whelming I could hardly think straight, I need food now.

Getting up I started to weave my way through the bodies and out of the cave identifying some more of the bodies as I continued to walk. It wasn’t until I reached the last body that lay furthest away from the others that I remembered what had happened here. The body that I stood over now was Jason Redford’s, my boyfriend or should I say my ex-boyfriend since 6 o’clock this evening. That’s right I remember now, our whole group had gone out for the day as celebration for the end of our exams. We had all met up at the bus station right outside the school when the day had finished and we were all going out for a meal. It had been great, we had laughed together for ages talking about things which had seemed so important at the time like what we were going to wear for prom and cars that our parents were going to help us buy. It seems so unimportant now…

anyway after the meal we had all gone down to the woods where a small unused campsite sat. Michael had bought with him a huge keg of bear which he had managed to persuade his older brother to buy for him and David had brought a stereo with him. Someone had also been able to produce a bag of marshmallows, so we made a fire and had our own little party. Being the light weights we all are we managed to get drunk pretty quickly and that’s when the truth or dare game started Craig, another guy with us had to climb a tree and managed to get himself stuck up there, so naturally being the good friends we all were we laughed at him and left him there. Steven and I who were best friend were doubling over on each other and that’s when I realised Jason wasn’t there.

“Hey where’s Jason?”  Steven seemed to sober up a bit and a sad look entered his blue eyes.

“Dunno maybe he is taking a piss in one of the bushes” I stood up swaying a little bit and looking around,

“I’ll go look for him then” But Steven grabbed my hand before I could walk away.

“Uh no don’t he um… he will probably be back in a minuet, he couldn’t have gone too far, let’s have another drink k?” I shook his hand off and began to stumble my way across the camp site.

“No thanks I’m gonna go look for him” Steven had an odd look on his face but I shrugged it off, “Guys I’m going to look for Jason, somebody come look for me in about 10 minutes to make sure I haven’t fallen in a ditch somewhere please!” I said a little louder so everyone could hear and at that moment everybody including Craig who was still in the tree looked at me, all with the same emotion in their eyes which I couldn’t identify.

“Uh are you sure you want to do that Kayla?” Piped in Jane, she was a shy girl but very caring, “I mean it is kinda dark now, is it wise for you to go by yourself? Maybe you should wait he’ll be back in a moment, I’m sure of it”

“God what’s with you guys I’m just going to look for my boyfriend it’s not as if I’m going to be kidnapped, are you guys gonna help me look or not?” they all stood there looking at each other uncertain for a moment.

“Fine then I’ll go you guys are all weirdoes I don’t know why I hang out with you all” I said jokingly, and walked off into the trees. I didn’t have to go far before I heard some rustling nearby, and I headed towards the sound, “Jason” I called but got no reply so I pushed through the bushes and stopped dead in my tracks. Standing in front of me with his back to me was Jason who had Sarah pushed up against a tree while his hands roamed her body and he mouth trailed kisses down her neck, I just stood there frozen unable to say a word. Sarah’s head was titled up towards the sky her eyes closed but the she looked forward eyes going wide in surprise and panic.

“What is it babe” Jason mumbled against her neck and the turned round to see what she was staring at. He froze.

“Kayla I can explain…” I didn’t say anything I only took a step back my eyes beginning to brim over, then a rustling came from behind me and I whirled around to see everyone, including Craig who had somehow managed to get out of the tree, looking at the situation with sad, pitiful eyes.

Then it clicked.

“You knew” I whispered to myself “You all new” I raised my voice slightly so they could all hear.

“You all knew and none of you told me, that’s why you didn’t want me to look for him because you all knew what he was doing” I don’t know how I was still keeping my voice level at this point, then Steven stepped forward.

“Kayla…” his voice was sad but calm trying to sooth me, I stepped back from him shaking my head.

“No!” I whipped at him “don’t you dare try to calm me, you were my best friend how could you not tell me about this?” tears trickled down my face.

“Kayla honey, I still am your best friend I just didn’t want to hurt you, come here and I’ll explain”

he held out his hand to me,

“NO!” I bellowed at him “how could any of you do this to me, you’re my friends or at least I thought you were...” I hugged myself trying to stop the violent tremors that threatening to shatter my body.

Michael spoke up at this point too “…He’s our friend too we didn’t want this to end like this for either of you we were trying to protect you and him” I couldn’t believe what I’d just heard. They were trying to protect him as well; did he really look broken up over this? No because he was too busy getting with that skank Sarah who I thought was one of my closest friends, I hadn’t seen that coming.

“LIARS!” I shouted at them all and then whirled around on my feet; my vision was completely blurred now even with my glasses I still couldn’t see. “AND YOU!” I shouted at Jason, we had been going out for at least two years now “I LOVED YOU!” I shouted venom in my words “I…I loved you” I whispered lowering my head.

Jason stepped towards me again “Kayla…” he spoke softly almost as if he was the one who was hurt here,

“Don’t” said Steven in a low threatening voice from behind me and then I whipped round again.

“NO you don’t! You don’t get to stand up for me anymore you lost that right when you decided to lie to me about this!” with a shaky hand I pushed my glasses up my nose that had been sliding down. Steven stepped forward again and I ran off into the woods. I ran as fast as I could in my drunken condition, shouts and thudding footsteps rained from behind me but I pushed one ignoring the pain in my ribs. Through my thin shoes I could feel the hard earth and the wind ripped at my face, all of a sudden I went flying through the air landing on my wrist and elbow in an awkward position, I couldn’t hear the snapping sound my arm was making because the blood was pounding through my ears and I couldn’t see the rock that had tripped me up because my glasses had fallen off my face, I just lay there crying and screaming out in pain waiting for my ex-best friends and my ex-boyfriend to come and find me. But none of them did, instead the next voice I heard was an unfamiliar one.

“hello there, are you lost?” it was a guy’s voice I could make out that much but I couldn’t tell where he was from, his accent was one that I’d never heard, through my sobs I managed to get out some coherent words. “Can you help me please, I fell over and I think my arm is broken but I can’t see because I’ve lost my glasses” the stranger laughed and in his thick odd accent he whispered mostly to himself I think “So vulnerable, so helpless, so…easy” I could hear the grin in his voice

“Um excuse me? Please can you help I’m in quite a lot of pain I need to get back to my friends” I sniffed managing to righten myself with my one good arm. I couldn’t see much at all but I could make out the outline of the guy and he was tall, really tall defiantly over 6,3 maybe even 6,7.

“Oh don’t worry I can help you with your injury, if you come with me I can make all the pain go away” his voice was luring in his heavy accent almost sexy but something in his words screamed danger at me, my instincts where telling me not to trust this man who ever he was so I listened.

“No… that’s ok I just want to get back to my friends please they can help me” I took a small step back being careful since I couldn’t see a thing, I could hear his feet moving then all of a sudden his voice sounded closer. “I don’t think that necessary, now you can come with me or I’ll make you” I didn’t care that I couldn’t see, I ran like hell, I ran away from that creep as fast as my feet would carry me, blind as a bat in a dark forest, with trees and rocks that I could smash into or fall over everywhere and a broken arm. My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to jump out of my throat, I could hear the guy laughing behind me getting closer and closer and then…BAM! I slammed into something hard. “I realised as I fell to the floor that I’d slammed into the guy because his laughing was right above me this time, how had he move so fast. “Ah it’s so amusing that you thought you could outrun me it makes everything that much more entertaining” he bend down and grabbed my broken arm I screamed out in pain while he pulled me close to him so that his lips were at my ears “I like a girl with fight it makes the feeding that much more worth it” I heard him take in a deep breath through his nose “ god you smell good” and with that he dropped me to the floor, grabbed one of my ankles and dragged me through the forest screaming.

After a little while I heard other screams and voices squabbling amongst each other.

“Hey Darren we found some others” It was another guy speaking but his voice was echoy as if he were in some sort of tunnel. I could hear crying and whimpering and then realised they were from my friends.

“I found this one lying on the floor in the woods; it was just too easy really did you have better game than me?” Darren said almost a little sad that I hadn’t put up more of a fight.

“Yeah, this one over here actually managed to punch Kevin in the face, didn’t see that one coming but boy was it funny, he has some life in him. But the rest were beyond easy, they’re all drunk anyway” the other man replied.

“Ugh! I hate it when they are drunk, it tastes dirty when they are like this” A feminine voice said, she had a welsh accent which oddly enough made her sound even more threatening.

“Where are Lucas and Tyron?” Darren asked still holding my ankle.

“I one of the rooms inside the caves, they are starving as usual” the woman replied,

“Darren there is no way we are going to finish off this whole group, I know Mary can be a pig but we are defiantly no going to drink all of these vessels…Ouch!”

“That’s for calling me a pig!” Mary said a smile in her tone.

“Don’t worry, I have an Idea for this one, and the ones we don’t eat we can just play with until they die” Darren’s voice was dark and ominous; I was trembling on the ground trying tears running down my face fluidly and hyperventilating. Darren shook my leg violently.

“Shut up” His voice was annoyed “I told you all your pain will go away soon so be quite until then or I won’t help you” I didn’t want his help whatever it was, he was going to kill my friends I hated him.

“Please let me go please, I haven’t done anything please let me and my friend s go” my voice was trembling I sobbed even harder and the woman, Mary, started laughing.

“Kayla?” a scared voice came from the small gathering of my crying, sobbing friends,

“St-Steven?” I stammered, a loud THWACK! And a cry of pain came next.

The other guy spoke to Steven, his voice gravely and dangerous “Shut the fuck up! You have given us enough trouble tonight so you will be the first do die”

“NO!” I cried forgetting for a moment that I was being held upside down by one of the kidnappers, the other guy let out a round of crazy laughter and Darren threw my ankle down on the floor.

“ Enough time wasting get the others, I’m starving too so let’s begin now” he walked away from me and in my moment of freedom I took my chance to scramble away. The moment I stood up my hair was yanked backwards “Oh no you don’t miss, Darren has something in mind for you so you are going to stay and listen to your friends die got it” Mary’s word were sharp and playful at the same time still holding my hair she pulled me backwards and threw me on to a hard floor. Voices echoed close by coming towards me. “I’m starving are we starting now, oh dibs on this one she smells amazing” said another unfamiliar mail voice.

“Piss off Lucas Darren has plans of this one but have any of the rest by all means” Mary shot at him.

“I want the one that gave me the lucky shot” growled another, and then laughing came from further back getting closer.

“There was nothing lucky about that shot my friend you completely stuffed it up and this ain’t the first time either” The deeper of all the guys voices said.

“Shut up Tyron, I wanna eat”

the guy that had addressed Darren first piped in this time “then why are we sitting around come on the start” and that’s when the screaming really started. It didn’t help that it was amplified in the echoing tunnel or cave or whatever it was that we were in, even covering my ears didn’t work. O could hear the crunch and splintering of bone, the ripping and tearing of flesh and the strangled and gurgling cries of help that no one would respond to. I was so terrified and I’m not sure whether it was a good or bad think that I couldn’t actually see the horror that was unfolding before my curled up body. I could hear laughing when it sounded like something had been crushed and just exploded at the same time. It seemed like this torcher went on forever, I was so frightened I couldn’t move and when something heave thumped down on the floor next to me I swear I almost had a heart attack, it’s only now that I realise that that sound was the sound of Steven’s body falling to the floor next to mine. When the awful sounds stopped I didn’t uncurl myself from my position I stayed put glue in place. “Oh my god I’m so full, um when was the last time we fed like that?” Mary asked,

“Uh never, that was the best” Tyron sighed satisfied.

“So what are we doing with her now” I froze as one of the voices I didn’t recognise said as casually as if they were deciding to toss out some old clothes.

“She will be one of us” Darren simply replied, there was a collective groan from the guys but Mary seemed quite happy at this news.

“YES! Another girl, finally I was getting so board hanging around with you guys all the time, there’s no one to gossip with”

“I’ll do it now then and we can come and wake her once we have gone and cleaned up” Darren said, I hears some shuffling and the next thing I know I’m being flipped on to my front, I started screaming ageing and crying and pleading, lashing out with my good arm until he forced me down.

“Oh you are such a drama queen” Darren said in a bored tone, and the next thing I know teeth are torn through the flesh of my bad wrist, I screamed again tears falling out of my unseeing eyes.

“Come on now kill her so she can come with us” Tyron said impatiently and then something was pushed deep into the skin of my throat slicing it open from one ear to the other. There were no words for the pain I felt, I couldn’t scream, I couldn’t move I couldn’t do anything. I gasped a couple of times as the blood gushed from my throat, spilling across the ground and stinging my chest and arms. The last thing I remember was seeing a fuzzy figure mean over me and I smooth foreign voice whisper in my ear, “Wake up soon Kayla”. And then I died.

I lifted my hand to my neck in memory of what had happened, the deep gash was gone now but the  blood was still everywhere. Looking down at Jason’s body now I didn’t feel sympathy for what had happened to him, I didn’t feel sorry for any of my so called friend’s only hatred. That shattering/ exploding sound I had heard earlier before I had black out and woken up in the sate I am in now, I now recognised as the sound of Jason’s head being crushed. I felt a hard grin from on my face at the sight before me as it did fill me with a new kind of joy; my vengeance had been served for me. Jason’s head was now a crumpled mess, one of his eyes had been popped and now the jelly like stuff that filled it oozed down his ripped cheek, pieces of cranium lay sprawled around him blood leaked from his head like spilled wine from a cup and though most of his face and tissue were crushed and shredded mist of his now ezposed brain was still in tacked. I didn’t need to think twice about my next me and I brought me dark satisfaction, I raised my foot and mashed up the remaining brain, laughing as I did so. I heard some footsteps about a mile away coming towards me, so I immediately went on the defensive. After waking up on the cold floor of the cave I found that all of my senses had been heightened, everything was new vibrant and ready for the taking, whoever was coming this was I could destroy in an instant with my new found abilities which I could feel bubbling under my skin.  I crouched down readying myself to pounce on these intruders but when they stepped through the thick bushed I realised who they were. Five men and a woman stood before me and I immediately straightened up, there was no way I could kill these guys they were my friends they had saved me from the pain, these guys were like me.

“Ah I see our new bud has awoken from her slumber, it’s good to see you like us now” I recognised Darren’s voice and now I could see his face. He was chiselled and extremely handsome, he had dark caramel eyes and longish black hair, defined muscles were prominent through his black shirt and thin coat and as I had seen through my blurry vision he was as tall as I had suspected.

“It feels good to be like one of you” I grinned at him devilishly feeling new and ironically alive for the first time.

the guy next to him wolf whistled, he reminded me of a soldier with his buzz cut blonde hair and stubble, his features were angular and he was just as muscled as Darren in his dull green shirt “I can see this one has fire, I like her you sure do know how to pick’em Darren” He winked at me and stood forward, although he was nowhere near as tall as Darren he was still towering over me and he came to face me. He held out his hand and his dark blue eyes sparkled which mischief, “Hi there, I’m Kevin” I didn’t except his hand instead I crossed my arms across my chest and chuckled slightly, my laugh sounding amazing to my ears as it chimed, sexy and mocking  at the same time.

“So you’re the guy who got punched in the face” laughter came from behind him and he whirled round with super speed to glare at them all.

“Shut up!” he growled threateningly, but they didn’t stop.

“Yeah your right Kevin, she does have fire I like her too” I recognised Tyron’s voice, he was very broad shouldered and had the same black hair as Darren, his eyes were a jade green and he was more muscled than any of the other guys. The girl while waist length blonde hair and a curvy figure I recognised as Mary came over to me and slung an arm around my waist.

“Come on then newbie, time to get you cleaned up before your first hunt, I bet you’re hungry” she smiled at me sweetly, caringly.

“I was beyond hungry when I woke up, you wouldn’t believe how hungry I am now” I said feeling saliva drip in my mouth.

“I think we do” said another guy who was stick thing with brown mussed hair and elfin ears, his feature were sharp but his smile was friendly “Lucas” He nodded and nudged the guy next to him how had dyed red hair and one blue eye and one black eye “oh uh Tom” he saluted.

“Time to go now before Kayla starts a Frenzy, I know a place where you can clean up Mary you take her there and then meet back up with us in the centre, she will have some good pickings there.”

Mary flipped her long, blonde hair over a shoulder and said in a chilled voice “no probs, say bye to these losers sweetie you’re one of us now” she gestured with her thumb over her shoulder at all the mangled bodies limp and lifeless.

“HA!” I laughed “like I’m gonna miss them, they weighed me back before, now they are gone I feel free, let’s go good riddance” I sniffed feeling superior in every was to my former so called friends, all humanity had left me now, it felt like such a weight before, I felt so much lighter now with no emotions to push me back or pain to stop me achieving. With one small node to Darren from Mary the boys disappeared into the forest while I trailed behind Mary as we ran at top speed through the tree out on to the main road.

 I was dead.

 I am alive.

 And now I will start living, time to show the world what Vampire is.

________________________________________________________________________________

hey i know this story is a bit grusome in some place but i wanted you guys to really see what it was like. please comment and vote if you would like to see more of this story if this is your sort of thing ( i need at least five votes for this story for me to write more) love you guysxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 52.1K 85
Trope: ✓ marriage of convenience ✓ hate-to-love ✓ slow-burn ✓ Muslim characters/love story ✓ Bad boy/good girl ✓ Second chance ✓ Billionaire romance...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
11.4M 295K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
51.3K 3.7K 47
Shubish oneshots because why not. Mainly fluff with a little angst on the side. Ps- I wanted to write like a long story but I lack a good main plot a...