Catch Me When I Fall For You...

By rachienyc

"Sometimes, nobody will be there to catch you when you fall. It's just a part of life." Shailey Costello was... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
epilogue.
Thank you note.
Bonus chapter{one}
Bonus chapter {two}
Bonus Chapter {three}

Chapter 30

6.4K 193 23
By rachienyc

"Shailey!" I heard a familiar voice called out to me.I tried so hard to reach out to it in the darkness, the empty void but to no avail.

It was like running through an endless dark tunnel and there's no light at the end of it.

"Get away from her!" Another angry voice demanded. "Shailey?" The voice softened all of a sudden. And slowly, my eyes fluttered open.

I blinked several times, trying to adjust to the sudden brightness.

My vision finally came into focus and I found myself looking at an anxious face. His brows were furrowed together and his chocolate brown eyes were filled with worry and concern.

I recognised him.

"Jax?" My voice came out weak and soft. My whole body felt limp and tired. For a moment, I thought I would collapsed on the floor but I realised I'm in someone's arm; Jax's arms.

"Are you feeling okay?" Jax asked me as he looked at me intently, as if examining my face that probably looked horrible at that moment.

Not that I should care.

I let him scoop me up as he carried me in his strong arms.

"Put her down!" Mr Rubert demanded as he pointed at Jax.

Jax ignored his demand and continued to walk ahead, carrying me in his arms.

"Jax Merico!" Mr Rubert yelled once again.

I let him carry me in his arms as he continued to walk ahead without turning back at all.

"Are you taking me to the school's nurse?" I asked stupidly.

"No Shailey, I'm kidnapping you," he responded sarcastically.

"Don't need to be sarcastic mister," I retorted.

"Oh so now you got the strength to be all stupid whereas a few minutes ago you looked like you were dying?" He challenged as he quirked an eyebrow at me.

I opened and closed my mouth and nothing came out although a million comebacks were swirling in my mind. I probably looked like a fish out of water, desperately gasping for air; like a retard to be specific.

"That's right Costello, I left you speechless," he said with a suggestive wink to which I responded with a playful eye roll.

"Put me down now," I demanded pettily as I turned to look at him. "Jax?" I called out once again since he ignored me the first time.

"I'm not putting you down," he stated simply with a smug smile.

"Why not?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because you told me to," he cleverly rebutted with a slight smirk on his face. "And also, you are not feeling well," he added.

"Yeah but I think I can walk on my own," I insisted. "People are staring," I whispered.

I watched as he scanned the surroundings and his eyes landed on mine once again.

"Do I look like I care?"

I looked at his face for a good 3 seconds, examining his features.

"You don't," I mumbled under my breath.

"That's right. I'm bringing you to the school's nurse whether you like it or not, and I'm carrying you there."

"Fine," I muttered as I gave up protesting because if I do, things will probably go out of hand. As usual.

"Good."

Soon, we arrived at the door outside the school's nurse. And of course, I'm still in Jax's arms because somebody wouldn't let me walk on my own when I'm perfectly fine.

I watched as Jax lightly kicked open the door, and carried me in, finally putting me down as he greeted the nurse with a smile.

I stumbled a little as I felt a little giddy. Jax caught hold of me, guiding me to the chair as he looked at me smugly.

"I think I can walk on my own," he mocked in a high pitch voice.

"I don't sound like that," I protested as I narrowed my eyes at me.

"Alright love birds, stop quarrelling," the nurse teased with a chuckle.

"Ew, we aren't love birds nurse Macy," I said with disgust, although I felt my heart skipped a beat.

"She's just denying it," Jax told her, totally ignoring me.

"Anyway, what's the matter with her?" Nurse Maxy asked as she turned to look at me, her soft features embraced with concern.

"Well I..."

"She fainted earlier, I'm guessing it's because of her stitches?" Jax interrupted.

"She fainted?" Nurse Macy repeated with a small gasp as she turned to look at me. "How are you feeling now?" She asked, her voice soft and kind.

"I'm feeling much better than before, just a little tired."

"That's good," she mumbled with a relief smile on her face. "Jax, you should get to your class now."

"Oh right," he muttered under his breath as he scratched the back of his neck. "I should probably get going," he mumbled to himself.

I watched as Jax slowly walked out of the nurse's office but turned back one last time to look at me.

"You will be alright?" He asked as his chocolate brown eyes bored into mine, his eyes swimming with concern.

"Yeah I will, don't worry," I assured him as I let a small smile grace my lips.

***

School finally ended for me and I was more than happy. I leaped out of class with excitement, forgetting about the fact that I fainted earlier. But I'm all good now.

I was so ready to head back home to take a nice cold bath then snuggle with my blanket to watch my favourite teen wolf season.

"Did you watch the latest Teen Wolf episode?" Kelsi asked and I watched how her eyes brightened up almost instantly.

"You think? Of course I did!"

"Oh my god, Dylan O'brien is freaking hot."

"So is Tyler Posey," I argued.

"Alright, they are both hot," she said as a smirk morphed itself onto her lips.

"That's only true," I said with a lazy smirk.

"Hey Shailey!" I heard someone called out to me from behind. I turned around to see Jax standing right in front of me. He had his arms crossed across his chest as he leaned against the wall. "Hey Kelsi!"

Kelsi waved back at Jax with a bright smile before she nudged me a little in my ribs.

"See you tomorrow Shai," she whispered with a not so subtle wink and walked away before I could stop her.

As soon as his eyes landed on mine, I watched as his lips curled upwards into a bright smile.

He pushed himself off the wall and started walking towards me.

"Hey," I replied with a small smile.

"Where's Kelsi rushing off to?" He asked as he looked at the direction she went.

"I guess she's heading home," I replied. "Anyway, what are you doing here?" I asked as curiosity swirled inside of me.

"Why? Don't welcome me?" He asked, feigning hurt as he placed a hand on his chest with a small pout on his face.

"Oh please," I said with a scoff. "For real though."

I looked at him and for a split second, there was a moment of silence until he started talking.

"I wanted to send you home, that's all," he stated simply.

"Send me home?" I repeated, unable to believe what I just heard. "Why?" I asked as I blinked at him.

"Well you fainted just now and I wanted to make sure you get home safely alright?"

"Aw, how kind of you," I teased as I pinched his cheeks as if he was a little child.

"Hey!" He protested as he quickly fanned my hands away to which I responded with a laugh.

"Alright I won't tease you anymore," I said as I ruffled his hair one last time as he responded with a scoff.

We walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes as I kicked the pebble aside.

"You know," I started, breaking the silence as Jax turned to look at me. "You don't have to send me home," I told him.

"I do," he told me as his eyes bored into mine. "I told you, I need to make sure you get home safe."

"But isn't inconvenient for you?"

"Nothing is inconvenient for you."

A/N:
HAI EVERYONE 🌞 I missed you guys a lot but ahhhh I was rlly busy with school work and writer's block was such a pain in the ass

So sorry for not updating in the longest time! But I hope you do still like this chapter although I can say it's definitely not the best, just probably a filler but it sure helps to develop the plot!

I can't wait to share with you guys the next chapter that I'm currently working on! 😊😊 I will try to update it tmr or by Sunday if possible!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter! Feel free to leave a comment or two! :)

Much love,
Rachel xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 1K 78
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...
1.4M 34.1K 49
Natalia is well Natalia. She's an average teenager who likes to party, have sex, and occasionally do drugs. With filthy rich parents she never has to...
1.3K 289 28
" You only truly miss someone when they are gone. And sometimes, it's hard to let go. But you have to let him go..." It is hard when your loved one...
65.3K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...