Determination Of A Chef (SnS...

By Galactoria

Ever since (Y/N) was born, she was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. As far as she can remember, she always f... More

Important Note!!
Tag
Tag + A/N
Another tag - plus tiny note
Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 10

6.9K 236 44
By Galactoria

Timeskiping to the prelims. Can't wait anymore! GOTTA F**KING DO IT OR I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO UPDATE SHIT! Just kidding, it's just that I don't have any other ideas other than the prelims and tournament... Forgive me. *bows*
There will also be a few references once you get more into the chapter, each reference will have a (*) beside it... HUEHUEHUE! First one to say it gets a virtual cookie made by Chibi-Chan! Now...

ONWARDS TO THE STORY! CHARGEEEEEEE!

Summer break was over, and it was rime for the preliminaries. You were currently on Ryo's back, dozing off before you were gently shaken awaked by him. "We're here." You blinked before muttering a quiet, tired thanks and getting off him as you gently took the cane in his hand. You turned and saw Megumi, leaving you to quickly hobble over and give you a soft hug, "Guuuuumi-Chan~ How's your summer? I missed your food by the way." You say as she greeted you back happily, (D'Awwww, what an adorable cinnamon roll she is~) "How was your summer?" "Ehh, so-so. I only slept the entire time. Although I played Shogi with Gramps sometimes and went to the pool with Naki-Chan, oh! And I also..." you began rambling off as you described your 'so-so' summer, which seemed more exciting than what you thought about it.

"Ahh! (Y/N)-Chan!" "Oh, Sou-Chan! Hello~" "WAAAAAA! I missed you, (Y/N)-Chan!" Yuki glomps you as she cried anime tears while the others joined you, "Hello everyone~" you blinked as you noticed the familiar blond, "Niku-Chan! Hello~" "Oh! Yo Nikumi! She immediately blushed as the 'Child Goddess' as many had deemed you behind your knowledge (not that you give any f**ks about it) as she robotically turned towards you.

"H-Hello..." she shyly says as you grinned, before "Yukihira!" The red head turns, "Oh, yo Takumi." He suddenly blinked, as did you, "Ehh? Who's that beside you?" "Huh? It's Isami." You blinked, before you began circling around the brunette in wonder, "He shrunk! Cool!" You say with shining eyes. "That looks nothing like him!" "It's because of summer heat. I'll go back when Autumn and Winter comes around again." "So it's a yearly thing?" He nods, "How interesting..." you mumbled in thought. 

The lights suddenly turned dim, leaving your irises to become narrow as your eyes went to the stage, "Thank you for your paitience everyone. Eyes on the front stage please!" You wanted to drop dead right then and there. "Now we have an opening speech by the current director of Totsuki Academy, Nakiri Senzaemon!" Your eyes sparkled, "Ohhh, it's Gramps!" "Ehh?" Yukihira blinked in confusion. He suddenly began coughing, 'most likely from the dust of pitiful people...'

He then began his speech, "This is the Hall of Heaven and Moon. Under ordinary circumstances, only the Elite Ten may use this space to challenge each other in Shokugekis." "But he lets me use this space too..." you mumbled dejectedly, "To show our respect to the countless victors who have won first seat, it is tradition to show heir portraits."

You blinked before grinning, "Oh! Sou-Chan look! It's Papa up here! And there's Shino-San and Gin-Chan!" "Ohhh, that's so cool!" "Countless unforgettable battles have been fought, and countless specialties have been born here! That is why the memory of the never ending battles fought here hang in the air like fog! And this is where the main tournament of the Autumn elections will be held."

You soon dozed off on Hayama, who paid no heed as the Director finishes his speech. "(Y/N), wake up. It's time to go." You blinked, before nodding as you rubbed your eyes, "It's starts at 11 o'clock, right?" He nods, "I hope you make it, Akira-San... also save me one to eat too." "Then you should save me some as well. "Of course." You grinned. The both of you headed to block A with everyone else who was in the same area, of course, you had to change your clothes so your ivory dress doesn't get dirty.

"Begin cooking!" The old man says as the clock struck 11. Twirling your knife, you began your preparations of the curry. You suddenly heard shouting from behind you, sighing. "Ryo-Kun has his bandana on now... Well, it wouldn't be fun if he did wear it." You smirked, "Preperations are all done... Let's get started on it!" Taking your case, you took out a jagged look knife* from the case, Souma glancing only for his eyes to widen, 'She's using that knife!? She's not kidding when she said she'll go all out the other day.'

He sweatdrops before resuming to his curry. "Ara, that cute little girl has a weird, but sharp looking knife." The man beside her looked at you intently, "(I made this up btw... if you do not mind this) A traditional knife from the South... interesting." You sniffed the air of fragrance that Hayama has covered the area in, smiling. 'He sure knows his spices... As expected of a human with a gifted nose.' You looked down in the metal pot, "I have just about enough to leave a tray of leftovers." You grinned, "Onwards we go~ the Omni is starting to make her dish."

About an hour later, you huffed as you placed the buns* in the oven. Setting the timer to 30 minutes before you sat on the stool in exhaustion. 'I haven't gotten much rest yesterday... It's taking a toll on my body, but...' you looked at the clock, 'I have about 1 and a half hour left, I guess I can rest in the meantime as the sweet butter oil is heating up...' Immediately, you dozed off along with Souma unknowingly. Hayama glancing only for you to sweatdrop, 'She still sleeps like usual...' his eyes widen in surprise, 'And him as well?'

A new fragrance then came out of Souma's pot, leaving you to sniff and get awakened momentarily before going back to sleep... but the timer rang again, leaving you to fully reawaken and take out the buns from the oven. "Alright, time to put them in the oil~" you took out the tongs and gently placed the buns into the hot oil, the sound of frying was heard as well as the fragrance somehow coming out of your pan. 'Leaving these in for a few minutes before drying them and leaving them to stay warm inside the oven... Just like what Papa taught me.' You turned back to the leftovers, "Might as well make a sauce so I don't waste these ingredients." You mumbled, your hands swiftly working as your back was gnawing in pain.

"Alright everyone! Time to finish up! You have about on minute..." You heard the announcer say, glad that you didn't have the annoying girl, "5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Tim÷x# Up!" You finished pouring the last of fhe sauce as you place the buns in the straw basket with a few napkins in it, 'a proper way of plating' your father once said. You  stretched yourself, although wincing at the back pain. "You okay?" You tiredly smiled, "A little bit, I suppose..." Souma frowns, "You didn't sleep much, did you?" "N-Not really..." "Those kind of moments again?" You nodded before you felt him hug you, "Rest, your turn isn't up for a while." You were too lazy to reply as you had fallen asleep on him, his pats soothing the aches on your back.

TIMESKIP PAST THE UNFORTUNATE ONES WHO GOT ZEROES FROM NATSUME

"(Y/N)-Chan, it's almost time. Get ready." "Oh, okay.." You looked to see people were getting ready, "Here, have some." You looked to see a half eaten pot of curry, "Thanks Sou-Chan." You mumbled, taking bites of it as you relished the flavors. "Ahh, I should finish this quickly since it's going to be Sou-Chan's turn next." You quickly ate the rest of it before heading to your station. "Smells delicious..." you muttered, placing the last one on the cart. "Ahh, (Y/N)-Chan, you can share with Hayama, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind." You walked over to the tan male, "I'm sharing." You said, taking out a spoon, "Time for a Fragrance Bomb, take two!" Your face felt like it was getting blown from the fragrance emitting from Souma's dish. "I feel like I'm about to get sent flying." You grumbled, rubbing your cheeks before taking a bite, "Hmm, pretty good for someone who had no idea about curry spices." You took more spoons, completely ignoring everyone's cries before the entire plate was gone. "Uwahhhh, that was filling." You patted your tummy before looking, "My turn now."

You quickly handed Ryo, Yukihira, Hayama and your other friends a bun. Before placing the basket in front of them. "I'd suggest you eat it directly without breakig the dough open, otherwise the surprise will be ruined as well as the flavors will get tainted by the air." You lazily smirked, leaving the judgss to gulp as they stared at the bun in wonder and curiousity.

Everyone took a bite, the fragrance hitting them hard as their eyes were wide in shock. "Although, I'm a little down that I wasn't the only one who came up with fragrance bombs, but I suppose this is a little... different." You finished before the judges were commenting, quiet loudly too. "A third fragrance bomb, inside a bun no less! Almost impossible due to the buns always have tiny air pockets inside of them!"

"It's why I baked it, then fried it, the baked it again while coating them with a special shell, keeping the fragrance from escaping (Hardly possible in my mind... but gotta go with what I have in mind) the bun. If you'd like to change things up, dip it in the sauce to explore the flavors more." You lazily motioned to the bowl of slightly thick sauce. They all hesitantly dipped it in, taking a bite as the noticable crunch sound was echoing in the arena.

"MMM! The sweet and salty flavors have taken a turn, the sweet, spicyness and slight bitterness of the sauce just harmonises together so well! The dough's sweet crunchy outershell, and the softness behind it pairs it well with the slight taste of the soy." "Why is the curry taste so sweet, yet there's the heat to it?" "Ehh? You mean the Choconut milk?" "Choconut... milk?" "Combination of melted Chocolate and Coconut Milk. It's a normal combination I use often."

"The curry is made with Soy Sauce, Choconut milk, some grinded chili peppers wih paprika and some Yogurt." "Yogurt!?" You nodded, "The bun is made with wheat flour, starch, salt and pepper, cream, egg whites, homemade yeast and mashed potatoes. I baked it after coating it with caramel butter, before deep frying it in sweetened butter oil before baking it again to keep the crisp cover with the secret ingredient. The sauce was made with left over beef broth and chunks that was blended up to a paste, leftover tamari soy sauce, and some left spices I just randomly dumped in." You bluntly finished, leaving he judges surprised. "Such a complicated, delicious but simple looking dish!" "No wonder she was able to beat an aluminus back in the camp."

"A young, cute little girl like you must have a title." "I would have named her..." "The Young Omni Goddess of Gourmet~!" Natsume finishes, as she licked her fingers. Her mind wandering in her thoughts before giving you some sort of predatory looks. "Lance-Chan~ Why don't you leave this place and come join me~? I'll offer you whatever you want!" Your half lidded eyes just stared at her before, "Can we just proceed to points please? My back is aching and I'm yaaaawn tired..." you rubbed your eyes as the brunette stutters before nodding. "N-No way..." "She's too good for this..!" "T-The final results... 100 points!" "A rare occurence!" "It's been so long since there had been a complete 100!"

"Thank you for judging~ I'll be off." You turned and left, soon crashing into Hayama as you fell asleep immediately. "This is too bothersome..." you mumbled before snuggling further into him. "Unbelievable..." he murmured as he held you close, ignoring the jealous stares of the boys around him.

Sorry if you guys find a ton of typos... it's 2:30 am, so I'm dead tired... Shhh, dunt tell anyone since I have school later. I'm not even suppose to stay awake but I can't help it~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 665 28
Food Wars x Readers! Mostly Oneshots! All readers are gender neutral unless otherwise specified! No characters belong to me except myself. There will...
74.1K 2.1K 37
"Don't you get it? I chose you. I fucking chose you over everything else because you're special to me. I chose you, because I love you!" A story wher...
222K 5.4K 28
Being a chef is hard enough. Being the daughter of an asshole of a Dad is even harder. What Dad makes disgusting dishes and acts like a child 90% of...
1.3K 153 31
This story will follow Nozomi Utagawa, local homeless girl as her life is turned upside down. What is the cause, you ask? Of course, it's the Host Cl...