His Alpha Female

By felisidy901

"Life is like a food chain, people will do anything to rise to the top. Lie, steal, cheat, and even go as far... More

Prolouge
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-

-1-

24.2K 721 59
By felisidy901

^^Parmus up top^^ (You are free to imagine her as you please though)

PARMUS

I focused all my attention on the ticking clock, placed directly above Mr. Rice's desk. I let out a huff a breath, causing my lose strands to fly up. Only to cascade over my face a few seconds later.

"Parmus." I snapped my eyes up to meet Mr. Rice's brooding gaze.

Great, caught staring off into the distance again.

I couldn't help it, it had always been a struggle to keep my focus on one thing at a time. I had struggled with it since I was a kid and it frustrated me terribly.

I shifted uncomfortably as everyone snapped their heads in my direction. "Y-yes sir?"

He sighed.  "I asked wha-" The sound of the bell interrupts him mid sentence.

He furrowed his brow and shook his head. "Class dismissed."

I sighed in relief.

Saved by the bell.

I gathered all my books and then headed for the door. I passed a couple of pack members as I walked down the halls. The school was located in the pack grounds so no humans attended. We didn't want to risk our identity being discovered.

This was my last year in school since I just turned eighteen a few weeks ago. After eighteen you're free to do whatever you'd like. Many focus on pack life, and a very few go off to college. You would need to get approval from our alpha which was very unlikely. Only a select few had the option of leaving. He didn't believe in residing with humans unless necessary. He was more lenient to wolves joining other pack's to be with their mate, but that was about it.

Our pack consisted of about 800 wolves. It was safe to say, we weren't a small pack. I never got involved in pack life unless I absolutely had to. My father tried to keep me out of it. I didn't train like the others, and I didn't associate with them. Although sometimes I'd wish I was like the others. Alpha Landon accepted my father's wishes, but I was still required to attend pack meetings. My father was a pack warrior, along with my older brother Dalton.

I unlocked my black Nissan Altima, then threw my backpack in the back seat. I turned the air on max then started up the car. It was miserably hot this day. I don't know how I put up with it for so long.

I blasted 'Bad Suns' through my speaker and pulled out of the school parking lot.

I slowed down when my house came into view. I pulled into the garage then turned off the car. My dad and brother weren't home yet, as they usually got home around dinner time. I closed the garage then got out of the car.

Warriors had the option of living in the pack house or on their own. Of course, my father chose to live on his own. He was a loner at heart and enjoyed the solitude that came with living alone. The pack house was about a 15 minute drive so it was no problem.

I threw my backpack to the side as I walked into the house. We had a small three bedroom flat. It was fine with just my father, brother, and I. We didn't need anything too extravagant.

I walked into the kitchen and began making dinner. We only ate with the pack if it was mandatory, which was very rare. I boiled the pasta noodles and stirred the Alfredo sauce.

I stilled when I heard a knock at the door. I turned the burner to low heat then walked towards the door. After I unlocked the door and turned the knob, it revealed a smiling Nathan.

Nathan was the Alpha's eldest son. He was due to take over the pack any day now. He and my brother were good friends. But aside from that, we never interacted. I just assumed he was here for my brother.

"Hello Parmus."

I shifted uncomfortably. "Uh hi. Dalton's not home right now."

He ran his hands through his tousled brown hair. "Oh okay. Will you let him know I stopped by?"

"Of course." I bowed my head in submission.

He grabbed my chin and lifted my head up. "You don't have to do that Parmus. Your brother is like a brother to me. We're past the formalities."

I smiled then shoved my hands into my pockets. "Okay."

His chocolate eyes twinkled with admiration. "I'll see you around okay." I nodded.

He shared me one last glance before he turned on his heel and left. I closed the door behind him and locked it. Releasing a shaky breath, I walked back into the kitchen.

Nathan was a nice guy from what I could tell. He found his mate a couple of years back. She had already started a life with another male. She was pregnant with their first pup. Nathan didn't take that too well, his wolf almost killed her unborn pup and the male.

It took three warriors and his father to pull him away. After that day he stayed cooped up in his room for months. Only a year ago he got his life back on track. He devoted his time to the pack. As for his mate, it is rumored that she is now pregnant with her second pup.

A lot of people were quick to judge her. No one knows why she did what she did or what she was going through. I think it would be best if everyone just minded their own business.

I finished making the pasta then poured it into a glass bowl. I placed the bowl in the middle of the table with plates arranged around it.

My brother and father would be home shortly, so I took the time to change into something comfortable. I grabbed my backpack and walked to my room. My room was the last one down the hall.

I entered my room and placed my backpack on my queen sized bed. I threw my hair into a messy ponytail then raided my drawers for something to wear. I changed into a grey t-shirt and black shorts. The t-shirt was many sizes too big, but I liked the fit. It came down to my mid thigh, covering the black shorts.

I walked into my bathroom and washed off my makeup. I didn't wear very much makeup, just lip gloss, and mascara. Nothing too out there.

I walked back into the kitchen at the same time the front door opened. My father and brother rushed into the kitchen, looking rather rough. They had cuts and dirt running all over their body.

Gross...

Must've been an intense day at the training grounds.

Their eyes lit up once they saw me. "Hey guys." I said as I sat in my original seat.

"Sup Parm." My brother said as he placed a kiss on my cheek. They both dug into their food in a beastly matter. I had to stifle back a laugh. I loved my father and brother dearly, but they were slobs when it came to food.

"How did your studies go Parmus?" My father asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Fine papa." He nodded in response.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Nathan stopped by, looking for you." I said to my brother.

He scratched his chin then spoke, "Yeah I talked to him on the way home."

I wanted to ask what he wanted, but I knew better than to question him. They refused to speak about pack business with me.

After dinner, I placed all the dishes in the sink for later. It was getting late and I needed to start my homework. I plopped onto my bed then lazily reached for my backpack. I pulled out my homework folder and got to work.

I had successfully completed my homework by 12:25. A yawn escaped my mouth. I shoved my folder into my backpack when my brother walked into my room. "Wanna go for a run?" My wolf perked up at the thought of getting out. I mentally rolled my eyes at her eagerness.

"Sure." I replied.

"Let's go." He walked out of my room with me following close behind.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath the moment I took my first step outside. The slight wind fanned against my face. When I opened my eyes Dalton had already shifted into his auburn wolf, and was making his way into the forest.

I placed my hands on my hips and shook my head. He left me.

I quickly shrugged out of my clothes and shifted into my auburn wolf. Dalton and I's wolves look fairly similar except the white spots I had throughout my coat.

I padded my paws against the forest floor, in search of my brother. I perked my ears up, keeping an open ear for any sound of him. Dalton where are you? I mind linked him.

After several minutes went by with no reply, I sunk lower to the forest floor. He was playing a game of cat and mouse. I was the prey and he was the predator. I scooted forward using my hind legs. The sound of shuffling in a nearby bush had my wolf and me on full alert. Gotcha.

I pounced onto the bush and sunk my teeth into something small and furry. I moved to the clearing and dropped my finding. It was a rabbit. Okay, I wasn't the best hunter but this was a step up.

Dalton and I's game of cat and mouse was soon forgotten as I sunk my teeth into the rabbit's flesh. Being so caught up in my prey, I didn't notice the presence behind me. Before I could react I was tackled to the side. I laid on my side staring up at Dalton's wolf.

He let out a playful bark then licked my face. I growled at his wolf for interrupting my feast. That only caused his wolf to laugh. He walked towards my prey and helped himself.

I stood tall and walked towards him slowly. I let out a low growl causing him to still. He snapped his head towards me then showed his canines, demanding I stand down. Built up on male testosterone, he was not one to challenge. Even if he was my brother.

I let out a whine then sunk down to the ground, watching him devour the remainder of my catch. My tail slowly thudded against the ground, anxiously waiting for him to finish so we could play. When he was finished he walked towards me and licked my face, showing affection for my wolf and me.

We let our wolfs play a little while longer until it was time to go inside. I was completely worn out the moment I shifted back into my skin side. I slid on my clothes then walked out to join my brother. He was standing outside our back door waiting for me. "I feel refreshed." He said as he slung his heavy arm around my shoulder.

"Ugh." I groaned then shoved his arm away as we entered the house.

"Night sis." He placed a kiss on my forehead the retreated down the hall.

I opened my bedroom door. My eyes immediately landed on the alarm clock: 2:17. I ran my hand over my face. I had to be up in a couple of hours to help my favorite elder wolf.

I pulled back the covers then slid into bed. I tossed and turned for half an hour before I finally drifted off to sleep.

***

Pretty chill first chapter, but I just wanted you guys to get to know Parmus first before we jumped into the drama. But don't worry the drama is coming...trust me. I have a lot in store for this book so I hope you guys stick around.

Also, when I stated she lived in a flat I meant a one-story house. I know in the UK a flat is considered an apartment, but in the US it's a one-story house lol.

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Share. It really means a lot to me.
-Auni 💙

Song:
Live well~ Palace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
4.4K 205 29
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...
570K 13.3K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
1.1M 42.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...