Saved By The Jock

By Ohhlala_77

A victim of child abuse ever since the death of her mother, Cassidy Taylor has become a shy, quiet girl who's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Opinion From You (Please Read)
Chapter 27
Special Chapter
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Valentine Special
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Story Idea (Not an update but please read)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Playlist
Last Goodbye

Chapter 31

56.2K 1.6K 617
By Ohhlala_77

Chapter 31

My breath hitched and my heart litterally stopped beating as soon as those words rolled off her tongue.

"What do you mean Carson's not okay?" I said breathlessly as the tears blur my vision and I felt a lump forming on my throat.

"Come, I'll take you there." She pulled me with her as we make way towards the field.

Ally told me that Carson had an accident during their basketball practice. We ran as fast as we could until we reach our destination and I swear the moment I saw the ambulance there, my stomach churned then suddenly I felt like I was going to puke.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." I started hyperventillating with Ally rubbing her hands on my back in a comforting manner.

"Relax."

"How could you tell me to relax when something bad happened to Carson! Not to mention that he's my boyfriend, what happens if it's something serious? What if he won't be able to walk normally like before? What if because of that injury his dreams are crushed and the world comes grumbling-"

I was cut off my the palm of Ally on my mouth. I tried to give her my hardest glare despite my tears.

"He's not hurt okay? You're here for another reason, and before you ask me I'll be the first one to tell you that no one would dare to tell you." She grinned at me.

What?

My mind went totally blank as I tried to register what she said just a minute ago.

What does she mean by that?

"Then why is there an ambulance here?" I asked her as I wipe the tears that betrayed my eyes.

She gave me a wide smile that reached her ears and batted her eyelashes like an innocent little girl. I rolled my eyes in return which made her turn my head forcibly towards the field.

The door of the ambulance opened and Ian went out wearing a nurse uniform.

I was like, is he nuts?

But whatever, after him was Jack then so on. Soon the whole basketball team was there and so was the whole student body. I turned to Ally and quirked my eyebrow at her. I gave her a 'whats-going-on' look.

"Just watch," she squealed.

The squeaking sound of the microphone echoed across the whole field.

"Mike check," I heard a manly voice

Tap. Tap

"Cassidy Taylor are you here?" I didn't realize that it was Carson's voice until now.

My eyes widened as I heard my name being called. Everybody looked at me and they started to whisper. Ally squeaked beside me and shouted "She's here!"

The people moved to the corner of the field and left me standing in the middle, I blushed crimson red.

"There you are, I know that you don't like too much attention but I'm here show the whole world that I lo- like you. I am also proud to say that you got me wrapped around your finger. I Carson Matthews is proud to say that I'm whipped." He said with so much affection.

He almost said that he loves me, holy shit.

The guys were howling and wolf whistling which me blush even more. I kept still and waited for him to show up in front of me so that I could suck all the air out of his lungs.

Carson got out of the ambulance looking slick as ever with a black long sleeved polo rolled up to his elbow, then the first two button were left unbuttoned, he also wore black jeans and his black Converse.

He gave me a heart warming smile which me return it in no time. Then he approached me with a bouquet of white tulips in his hands.

"For you my princess," he handed me the bouquet.

"Thank you and what are you doing?" I whispered only for him to hear since the whole student body is watching us immensely.

"Be patient baby," he winked at me.

He walked back towards the ambulance and held the microphone close to his chest.

Tug. Tug. Tug. Tug

Then suddenly the crowd became silent, so quiet that you can hear a pin drop.

"Do you hear this tug?" He asked me.

I nodded nervously as I felt the burn rising in my cheeks.

"I get this feeling when I'm with you, only you and forever you." He recited.

I smiled, touched at his words as the girl 'awwwed' and cooed, Ally is giggling like a love sick puppy.

"Man, this guy has the moves," Ally whispered in my ear.

I nodded without turning to face her because I was too focused on Carson's face and what he is going to say.

"All of you might be wondering why I'm saying all of this, some of you might be thinking that I'm going to propose but no, I'm not." He paused.

My face and heart dropped when I heard those words.

Is he breaking up with me?

"Oh no Cass, wipe that frown off your stunning face. That's not what I meant, I'm not going to propose to you now but I'm 100 percent sure that I will when the right time comes and I'm not breaking up with you why would you think that? I won't make this any longer so, Cass this is for you."

He went inside the ambulance and seconds later he came out with a guitar draped on his shoulder. He once again winked at me and mouthed

'This is for you sugar.'

My heart tugged again as soon as he mouthed me those because now I know that he's really proud of me.

He started to strum the guitar gracefully then later on I realized that he's strumming the chords of my favorite song "Ever Enough" by A Rocket To The Moon. He looked straight into my eyes as he started singing.

A/N (If you still didn't listen to this song, I suggest that you should listen to it, it's really good.)

I will always be yours forever and more

Through the push and the pull

I still drown in your love

And drink 'til I'm drunk

And all that I've done,

Is it ever enough..

He strummed the last chord skillfully without taking his eyes off me, smiling as the crowd cheered and clapped while the girls are busy cooing and drooling at him.

I was like 'back off bitches'.

"Yo Cass!" I heard Ian's voice which made me snap out of my trance.

I turned my head towards their direction and the moment I saw them I froze.

Each of the basketball player held a rose in their and walked towards me one by one to give the rose. I received a total of 21 roses (yes I counted it) then they returned to their places. This time they ripped their uniform off and it revealed their jersey. Jack, who is the first person on the left most part turned around and his jersey flashed a "W" then followed by the other players "I-L-L Y-O-U G-O T-O P-R-O-M W-I-T-H M-E?"

I nearly cried because I thought that these things only exists in books but it turns out that it's real.

"Cassidy Taylor, will you go to prom with me?" Carson asked me with a nervous look etched on his face.

Everyone chanted and cheered 'say yes!'

"Carson?"

"Yeah?"

"Hell Yeah!" I shouted which caused everyone to erupt in laughter.

After laughing they clapped and cheered. Carson's face literally lit up and he placed the microphone on the grass as he ran towards me. I jumped into his arms as he spin me around. I throw my head back as I laugh.

"Enough now, put me down?" I said softly with a chuckle.

He put me down gently as he gave me a kiss on the forehead. He leaned down and put his arms on my waist as he said.

"Thank you so much." He whispered affectionately.

He pecked me on the lips, I pulled away quickly as I scan the field to find everybody staring at us. I looked up at him not caring if everybody is watching I kissed him in full lips.

He tightened his grip on my waist as he tugged my hair gently and I mimicked his movements. I thread my fingers in his blonde locks. He licked my lips begging for entrance, I opened my mouth to let him explore mine. His hands played at the hem of my shirt and later on I felt a warm hand on my bare back. I moaned and bit his lip as gently as-

RING.

He pulled away from me with his forehead touching mine as he shot me an apologetic look. He took his phone out and looked at the caller I.D.

"Way to ruin a moment," he mumbled breathlessly before answering.

"Hey dad." He said in a dull voice.

I watch as his eyes lit up in an instant and smiled at me.

"Ok thanks! Bye." He said cheerfully.

"Why did he call?" I asked him curiously.

"Remember when I told you that we'll press charges to your dad?" He grinned.

"Yeah." I took a sharp intake of breath.

"Well, they found him and he's in a restraining order right now, he can't get near you and the trial will be held next month," his lips tugged upwards.
I smiled and hugged him tightly while he nuzzled his face on my neck.

Sorry Dad..

"What's going on here?!" Mr. Stonebridge our principal roared.

Oh god, we're in a dipshit.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hola Amigos!

I'm sorry I updated late, I've been caught up in school but I think I wrote long enough to make it up:)

Anyways, isn't Carson sweet?? Thank you for reading!! Please Continue to VOTE and COMMENT, I'd really love it when you give me feedbacks, it makes my day!:)

-ohhlala_77 xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 1.5K 14
#1 in silent 2024 #1 in noticed 2024 "Why are you staring ?" he asked making a straight face. "I was just looking around ,wasn't staring at you part...
117K 2.8K 23
Blake Smith that's the name don't wear it out but no one ever does. She's what you call a "nerd", I mean yea she studies, gets good grades but do yo...
1.4M 15.6K 22
Veronica Harris was the school's loner. She was also a straight A student. One day, her perfect straight A life became one F'd up life when she's for...
Become By Naomi

Teen Fiction

1.9K 166 42
Leigh Marshall is really bad at life. She's a swimmer with four younger siblings, crazy friends, and an inability to keep her mouth shut most of...