FALLEN

By SodaMahone

❝Don't get too close, Belle. Don't fall for me...❞ Isabelle Moore, was a normal girl. She followed the rules... More

Important Note
PROLOGUE.
CHAPTER ONE.
CHAPTER TWO.
CHAPTER THREE.
CHAPTER FOUR.
Note.
CHAPTER FIVE.
CHAPTER SIX.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT.
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN.
CHAPTER ELEVEN.
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY.
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.
CHAPTER THIRTY.
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE.
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX.
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.
EPILOGUE.
NOTE.

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN.

10.4K 586 438
By SodaMahone

(Belle's Pov)

I was anxious. I was seconds away from jumping out from my seat and dashing out the door, just to go look for Sam. Any second now, he and Daniel would walk through that door. A little tingle flew inside my stomach, the corner of my lips curled into a weak smile.

It had been three days since I had last seen him and over the days, I had realized if Sam were to move from this prison - I would eventually lose it. Just imagine all those lonely days without him here. If I couldn't stand three days, I don't think I could stand any longer.

The twisting of the doorknob caught my attention. I almost screamed in excitement right then. I'd finally be able to see the man I love after so long. 

The door turned open and there he stood. His eyes glinting when landing on me. A silent gasp left my lips, as I stood up from the lounge-like chair in my office.

"Sam," I whispered, not hesitating to run to him. However, that's when Daniel stepped inside, hushing me, as well as placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face him with a frown and furrowed brows. I noticed him and Sam exchange a glance.

"W-What?" 

"Uh, nothing. Just be careful." He mumbled, sighing a little. I nodded, wanting to remove his hand from my shoulder and throw myself at Sam. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'll be back in two hours. That's the longest the meeting will last. I'll see you." He uttered, removing his hand from my shoulder, once again sharing a look with Sam.

"Thanks, man. You're great." Sam murmured, glancing back at him. He softly smiled, his eyes darting between us. As soon as the door closed, I looked at my Sam.

His hood was over his head as usual, his eyes focused on me with intensity.

"Sam," I sobbed, unable to hold it. His eyes glinted and he opened his arms. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him, placing my head on his shoulder, on my tip-toes. He wrapped his arms tightly around the low of my waist, a kiss being placed on my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much! And I was so worried about you, a-are you okay?" I pulled back to check over his face, holding it in my hand. He stared at me, the faint dimple of his poking out.

"What about you? Your hand?" His raspy voice questioned. I blushed, nodding my head at him.

"I'm fine. Daniel bandaged it up." I sighed, resting my head against his shoulder. It was then a lump formed in my throat. 

"I...I have so much to talk to you about and go over with." I whispered, closing my eyes and trying to hold back the emotional tears sitting in my eyes. He pulled my chin up, so I was facing him. His eyes were questioning as he peered down at me.

"What?" He uttered. I inhaled sharply, grabbing his hand and silently leading him over to the lounge-like chair that I secretly knew he was fond of. I made him sit down, before I went to join him. However, he pulled me down onto his lap, so I was straddling him. 

I weakly smiled at that.

"I don't know where to start," I sighed, glancing away from him. He wrapped his arm around my waist, while his other hand locked with mine. My eyes darted towards him, feeling a bubble of mixed emotions swell inside of me. 

"What is it, Precious? You're worrying me." He peered up at me with those hazel orbs of his. However, just as I was about to speak my thoughts, my eyes landed on the light red liquid soaking a line of his shirt. A gasp left my lips, making his eyes follow my gaze.

"W-What happened? W-Why are you bleeding?" I rushed out, the concern laced onto my words. I heard him curse quietly, grabbing a hold of my wrist, before I could let my hand explore his toned chest. My brows furrowed, as I stared back at him. His eyes held pain and hurt, making my heart clench.

"I-It's nothing, Belle. It's dry, anyways." He cleared his throat, beginning to look uncomfortable. I narrowed my eyes at him, his grip loosening on my wrist.

"Show me," I shakily uttered, inwardly having a bad feeling about it. His jaw clenched and he arched a brow. I could see a hint of amusement cross his eyes, but it was over clouded by another emotion.

"No." He flatly said, dropping his hand away from my wrist. I frowned at that, ignoring the little spark of rejection igniting in my stomach. He cleared his throat, placing his hand on my thigh. I peered at him, pushing up my glasses.

"Now, tell me." He motioned for me to speak. I stared back at him for a few seconds, before shaking my head.

"N-No, not until I see what you're hiding." I whispered, and this time, I didn't hesitate to pull of his unzipped grey hoodie. I felt his eyes on me as I tugged at the hem of his T-shirt, wanting it off. I glanced up at him.

He looked as if he wanted to protest, and want me to back away from him. But he made no single movement. I begged with my eyes, hoping he would give in and let me see him. Eventually, a deep sigh left his lips and he pulled of his shirt, a bubble of relief building in my throat.

Although, the second I saw what he was hiding from my eyes - the relief completely shattered. My eyes widened, feeling my mouth part slightly. All across his chest were gashes, bruises, cuts - all looking fresh. My heart dropped as I flickered my eyes towards him for a second, his brows drew as he stared at me.

"Sam." I shakily called.

"W-What h-happened?" I managed to choke out, my eyes already pricking with tears. He held a gaze with me, but kept silent. Hesitantly, I reached out to touch his beaten chest, trying my hardest to be gentle. Carefully, I let a finger glide over his chest, a small wince leaving his lips. 

My heart broke.

"It was Joan," He flatly said, yet I could hear the hidden pain in his words. A spark of rage ached inside of me, when hearing the name. After all the thoughts running through my mind, it had slipped from my mind for a second that he was the one behind this separation. If he hadn't sent Sam to isolation, he wouldn't be in the state he was today.

"What did he do?" I questioned, hiding all my emotion. His eyes narrowed a little, my hands still skimming over his cuts. There were some even bleeding.

"They whipped me. He had them whip me." He rasped, his voice quiet. I swallowed the bile in my throat, glancing back into his hazel eyes. They held pain - so much pain.

I didn't say anything as I broke our gaze and stood up from our current position. I stood onto my feet, walking over to the draw where I kept the first aid kit. His eyes followed my every movement, making me shiver lightly. I pulled out this box and made my way back over to him, seeing his eyes glance down at the box in my hand, briefly.

"Lay down on your back," I softly instructed. He paused for a lingering second, before complying and laying down on his back. I let out a deep breath, opening the box and pulling out a bottle of anti-bacterial liquid, hoping it would do some justice to his wounds. I dabbed some on a plain white cotton bud, and began to gently place it against his hurts.

His eyes were locked on me the entire time, as if he was memorized by me. I inwardly smiled, feeling myself outwardly blush like a little school girl. He winced, grimaced, and groaned faintly when I found myself wiping his bloody wounds. I felt a painful lump grow in my stomach.

"I-Is it just your f-front?" I questioned, he looked as if he wanted to say no, but shook his head and swiftly turned to lie on his stomach. Carefully, might I add. 

I wanted to burst into tears when I saw the belt marks against his back. They were bright red, bruising his muscular back. However, I held it all in. I threw away another cotton bud and went to pick up a fresh one, dabbing the same amount onto it.

Silently crying, I tended the wounds on his back, hearing more hisses of pain and deeper groans. This wasn't how I wanted to see the man I loved - I never wanted to see him in pain. I couldn't even imagine what all the unbearable pain must have felt like. 

And it was all caused by one person.

"All done," I forced myself to say, not wanting to let my mind lead me to a wonderland of thoughts. He stayed put, small breaths leaving his mouth. I cleared my throat, picking up small plasters, which I hoped would conceal the open, bleeding wounds.

"C-Can you lie on your back, please?" I quietly asked. He obeyed, rolling back onto his back, a slight hiss leaving his lips, which I never failed to notice. I said nothing as I plastered them to his skin, once again feeling his eyes on me. 

When I finished, I picked up the bundle of the used cotton buds and plaster wrappings and headed over to the bin. I threw them away, letting out a breath. 

I never wanted to be doing that again. 

I made my way over to Sam, hesitantly straddling his thighs as he lay on his back. His eyes were locked on the ceiling above, but glanced to me briefly. 

"Thank you," He uttered. I weakly smiled, gently trailing a finger over his chest.

"You're welcome." I whispered, letting out a shaky breath. He watched as I let my fingers trail over his toned chest, once again seeming as if he was fascinated. However, so many wild thoughts ran through my mind.

What if this were to happen to him again? Then what would happen to him? Especially if he left his wounds unattended. He could...die, and I didn't - wouldn't let that happen.

"Belle," I heard him softly call. I snapped out my thoughts, only then noticing the tear that had managed to slip from my eye. 

"Why are you crying? Does it have anything to do with what you need to tell me?" He gently asked, caressing my jean covered thigh. I nodded my head slightly, realizing I was going to tell him which could possibly break him. Yet at the same time, save him.

"I...I thought everything over, Sam. I-I thought about me joining this prison to be a nurse, a therapist for you and the others. I-I had hopes, dreams that I would someday change you - well, try and make your minds a healthy, stable, better place." I breathed, shakily letting the words leave my lips.

He listened silently, his eyes narrowed.

"B-But that soon became my second priority. Because believe me or not, the day I had the blessed fortune to see you running through the rainy fields - I was intrigued. You wouldn't leave my mind, always in there - just somehow." I gulped, smiling slightly at the memory of the fallen male I saw running through the prison fields. 

"You drove me crazy. And when I realized you were one of my patients - I lost it." I humourlessly chuckled.

"Days flew by and the more I got to know you, I realized that what I thought was interest - it was really love. I fell in-love with you. My fallen Sam." I choked out, feeling my heart rate beginning to pick up.

"I love you. Being a nurse here wasn't my first priority - you were. Trying to understand the man I loved - that came over everything. That was all because I fell in-love with you." I truthfully told him, seeing his eyes soften and a glint pass his them.

"I l-love you, Sam. And because of that, I'm doing this." I paused, seeing his brows narrow as he peered up at me.

"Doing what?" His husky voice asked. My heart shattered a little when seeing how fearful and vulnerable he looked and sounded.

"I...I'm going to resign." I uttered, my words shaky. There was no movement or reply for him. His face simply fell emotionless - it scared me a little. I swallowed the gulp in my throat, continuing to watch him as if my life depended on it.

"Okay," He breathed, nodding his head. My heart skipped, oddly. 

"Okay?" I whispered, confused and a little surprised with his content response. He nodded again, his eyes flickering away from mine. I reached out on instinct, cradling his face in my hands.

"Why?" I found myself asking, before I could stop it. There was a small pause and an intense silence reigned upon the air. My heart beat a little faster.

"Because, I agree with you. I once wanted to protect you with all my strength and all the power I had." He started, locking eyes with me. It was insane how it sent an electrical charge in me.

"I remember seeing this beautiful, brunette, with glasses on and red coated cheeks. She looked shy, a little anti-social, someone who'd keep to themselves. And I'll be honest, I once thought you'd think highly of yourself - just like the others. But God, was I wrong." He paused, resting his forehead against mine.

"The shy, precious brunette, turned out to be someone special. Someone incredible, enticing, beautiful both in and out - the brunette who captured my right to think straight. You'd always somehow find a way into my mind. You...you had me, Belle." He whispered, softly.

"The more I got to know you, see how you acted, see the person you really are - I found myself digging this hole. Days which turned into weeks, into months - I found myself losing it. This hole in the ground has been dug too deep, I was stuck in it and it was all because of you." He rasped.

"That hole in the ground is love. Love that I only feel for you. I love you, Isabelle Moore. And because of this; I'll set you free." His voice cracked, as he spoke the last of his sentence. My heart both cracked and fluttered, already feeling more inevitable tears building up.

"I love you, Sam. I love you." I cried, unable to hold it as I looked into his eyes. Through my blurry vision, I saw his eyes water themselves.

"I love you too, Belle. You're the only who's shown me what I'm capable of. You've made me feel like someone, like...I belong. I see guidance in your eyes. You're my precious, Belle." His raspy voice spoke.

"I just want to ask what you see in me? Because I see everything in you." 

My hands trembled as one wrapped around the back of his neck and the other went to interlock our fingers together.

"I saw this fallen, beautiful, male. Always keeping to himself, having this intriguing mysterious vibe radiating off of him. When I got to know you - I realized what I really saw. I saw a fallen, boy. A fallen man." I told him, watching his eyes narrow in interest.

"But now when I look into your eyes, you want to know what I see?" I breathed.

"I see a beautiful, risen man. You're eyes glint, you smile more often and I see the strength within you. You were just a broken little boy, with a bad upbringing - but no longer. You're no longer my fallen Sam." I sobbed. My head fell onto his shoulder, softly crying into it.

"I wasn't the only fallen one. You were too, Belle." I heard him say. I pulled my head back up.

"Were?"

"I knew there was something about you and when you told me about your parents passing away, you anti-socially keeping to yourself - I saw just how fallen you are. You're just better at hiding it than me." He weakly smiled. 

A silence waved across the air and he reached out to wipe away my tear.

"I won't forget you. I'll always visit - I'll wait for you." I firmly told him. The corner of his lips twitched slightly.

"If I weren't a selfish asshole like I am, I would have told you the exact opposite. But...please don't forget me. I finally found someone who actually...loves me and I can't let you go. Don't...don't forget me, Belle. Don't." He pleaded, sounding so vulnerable. I shook my head, holding his hands up to my lips.

"I won't." I whispered, and already felt the tears building again. 

My heart had broken.

•••••

(AN) Hey guys! I am so sorry about this chapter. I feel like I've written it all so terribly, and it's rushed - but there you go. What did you think? I'm sorry if it got to your feels, but you got to see how Justin Sam about Belle since the beginning. Only one chapter left! But an epilogue too. What'd you think will happen?

Comment AND Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
411 3 20
This story is about an average girl, Isabelle who was hired as a Secretary for the biggest company in her town,NYTS TECHNOLOGIES,join her as Isabell...
5.9K 366 30
My mind warned me, but I let myself drown in those glacier blue eyes. My heart told me it was wrong, but I fell weak against those scarlet red lips...
10.4K 349 36
"If you loved me, I wouldn't be a secret." °•°•°•° Paige is the luckiest girl in the world...according to her and maybe every girl in Bishop High-tha...