Wolf Tech 5

By Wolphin5

The Academy has now been here for six years. Zane and his team joined four years before, and are nicely sett... More

Chapter 1 - Looking to the Future
Chapter 3 - Newcomers
Chapter 4 - Puppies!
Chapter 5 - Passing
Chapter 6 - Life goes on
Chapter 7 - Finally!
Chapter 8 - More Fun and Excitement
Chapter 9 - Izzy's Turn
Chapter 10 - Challenges
Chapter 11 - Spotted
Chapter 12 - Interviews
Chapter 13 - Responses
Chapter 14 - Help
Chapter 15 - Newspaper Report
Chapter 16 - Reactions
Chapter 17 - Hidden Mates
Chapter 18 - Visitors
Chapter 19 - Reporter Reaction
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 - Science!
Chapter 23 - Announcement
Chapter 24 - First Shift
Chapter 25 - More Mates
Chapter 26 - Visiting
Chapter 27 - Robinson's Consequences
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - Loners

3.8K 244 126
By Wolphin5

Reaching the area that they had placed the Loners to recover, Ethan lead him to one room, and opened the door. That it wasn't locked showed how much that one was being trusted. Adam quietly asked Ethan to get one of the elders that had been in Night Depths, so that he could have confirmation.

"Alpha," the wolf bared his throat in submission, "When Ethan got my name, why did he run off?"

Adam sat in a chair facing the wolf, "Well, Keefe, you are one of those we consider 'lost'. We have been trying to track down all the wolves that 'Alpha Night' had kicked out, since I defeated him over eight years ago. He decided to kill himself, and the pack decided to declare me Alpha."

Keefe sat there, stunned, "Night dead..." he whispered, "But this is Wild Valley Pack, not Night Depths." He complained.

"Night Depths died with Alpha Night." Elise answered, walking into the room. Adam vacated his seat for the elder, who had started to look a little frail lately. It seemed she had become an elder the same year World War 2 broke out.

"Elder!" Keefe exclaimed, jumping to his feet, "I am very surprised and happy to see you. I never thought to see family again." He moved to hold her hand.

Elise smiled and gripped his hand, "And we had given up trying to find you, even though I had still felt like you were alive."

Adam grinned at the reunion, and pulled out his tablet to see if he could trace the family tree.

Elise, laughed, "You don't need to look it up, he is my third great grandson. Sadly, the rest of the family has passed on."

Keefe nodded, "Part of the reason I tried to leave. I was hoping to find sanctuary before the Rogue status was applied; I didn't make it, and have been trying to make my way for the last fifty years."

Adam nodded, "You wouldn't have known, but we revoked all but one rogue status for those ejected in the last two centuries. We are working farther back as we go. Ethan even was the one that got us really working at it. It had taken a capture by a pack down in Oregon, that saw he wasn't really a rogue, and we have been working to get rid of it."

Rogues had a lifespan of usually less than fifty years, so they were not bothering to look at those before Night had taken power, as it was unlikely they still lived. If one was found, they would review their file at that point.

"You were one of ten that we had no trace of, and no pack had identified, when we sent out the request. About half had been able to plead their case to a pack and be granted asylum. The other half, if they had been left buried, were dug up and given a proper cremation." Elise told her grandson.

Those that had actually been insane and rogue from isolation, were still treated the same, as if they had been kicked out as Lone, and had been accepted into another pack, would never have gone insane.

Keefe nodded, "I didn't want Night finding me, so I hid my trail well, living for the first few years as a wolf, nearly giving up, but knowing that would mean me actually going rogue."

Adam nodded, "What are you willing to tell us about the others you were with?" If he could, he would rather deal with them as Lone wolf guests than as prisoners. He hated having to put a wolf down, and the times they took rogues alive, they gave them a week to see if they could be brought back at all. Those that showed nothing but an insane wolf were put down as gently as they could.

Keefe shook his head, "Don't know their stories, we never bothered with sharing those, we all were trying to just trying to stay alive. We thought your patrols would just kill us!"

Adam sighed, "It is true, we guard the territory, but the policy is to try to take everyone alive, if possible. We had two that didn't give us the chance. You are the first to talk to us."

Keefe sighed sadly, tears in his eyes, "I know. I saw them die."

"Well, you are being considered a Lone Wolf and a guest of the pack, not a prisoner, or needing to be in the medical cells any longer." Adam said to the very surprised wolf. "If you want to talk with the others, you are free to do so."

"If you are interested, we would consider you joining the pack. We have picked up about twenty that either won't say what pack they are from or are lone wolves." Adam commented, "The others are also welcome to apply. We are willing to give everyone a new start if they need it."

Annie, their building inspector had turned out to be one of the Lost, but under another name. She had talked to Brook, and she had agreed that they could list her as 'located alive and safe' in the records but without any further information. Since being kicked out, Annie had changed; she didn't look or even act the same as she had before being kicked out. When she re-met her friends when she joined the pack, none of them realised who she was, and it took one in tears over her lost friend to decide on it; her friend would get to have the idea that she was safe, not realised her new friend was the same wolf.

If they had one that joined then broke the rules, they dealt with the rule breaker as such, so far, all that joined didn't want to be kicked out, so the amount they had to discipline their own wolves was rare. Disciplining students, now that was a different matter, and they still had a few that made it through all the vetting process and had to be asked to drop out. Luckily, in the six years, they had to kick only one other than Bijay out. Adam had to stop and think about the last person they had to remove; that had been the worst stain on the pack and the Academy.

~~~~~ Flashback...

"For the last time, No." Sara snarled, "I do not want to hang out with you, Daniel, I do not want to be your girlfriend, and I do not want to do anything else, either!" Her wolf shuddered at the thought... They both could smell he just wanted into their panties. That wasn't happening.

"Come on, baby, you'll enjoy it!" he replied, following her. When he grabbed her arm as they ran, Sara actually trying to qualify for Beta at the next Trials, she snarled and shifted to her Were form, backhanding him off. When he landed on the grass with a thud and she was waiting for him.

"I said to leave me alone!" She snarled. You could barely make it out she was growling.

Daniel growled, "Nobody backhands me! My uncle is the Alpha of a powerful pack, you don't want to piss him off." He said as he shifted to his were as well, "I'm going to have to teach you a lesson..."

Sara punched his chest with a snarl. "No, you are the one that needs to learn the lesson!" She hit him another time, "And I am glad to be the one to school you!"

Hitting him a few more times, before he pounced. He was visibly aroused. Sara growled and wanted to gag; neither she nor her wolf wanted anything to do with him. She used her legs to toss him away, digging into his belly. He slammed into a large tree, denting the bark, but being knocked out just as several wolves came up to help her.

Grabbing a leg, Sara dragged him none to gently, finding Alpha Adam first.

"Are you trying to take him off and play 'heat'?" Adam asked. He wasn't too sure on what was going on.

Sara snarled, "He wants to. He also wouldn't take a 'No'"

Adam growled lowly, "Is that so?" He silently apologised to her, as most wolves he knew would just kill the offender and be done with it.

Brook padded up and snarled at the wolf who was just starting to wake up. Putting her face near his, having just got back from a run in wolf shape. *Decided the rules aren't for you?* she growled, her white teeth showing.

"They're not my rules!" Daniel stated. He was one of the newer students at the Academy, and was in his first semester, and this was the first interaction of the Alphas other than the greeting when he arrived.

Brook grabbed a leg and dragged him to a nearby challenge circle, not worrying about being gentle about using her teeth to do so. Daniel tried to twist out of her grip, and she just bit down harder.

*You ignored being told no. You tried to force yourself on one of my wolves.* Brook stated to all in the area. The growls came from all around them vibrated the air and could be felt as much as heard. There were many deadly looks from those gathering, and not just the females, *All report to the challenge circle except the young pups. This includes the academy students and instructors. We had a he-wolf who wouldn't take 'no' for an answer and needs to be punished!* Her sending was hard and angry and was laced with Alpha-order.

People started piling out of the pack house. It didn't take long for most of the pack and Academy to arrive and form up. The few wolves left inside were watching the pups to keep them from seeing what was going to happen. As they were lining up nobody was looking happy at all. Some less so than others but they all looked upset.

Many of the males were of the idea that females were to be protected, as they carried the next generation. Adam agreed with that, but also had the idea that a female was just as strong as a male and deserved to be treated as an equal. It caused less stress when both were together, even when fighting. It let them guard each other, and not have one stressing over the fight, and the one fighting worried about the other, and maybe get distracted.

Zane had his team formed up around him much as the other dominant wolves did. He looked at the soon to be neither-wolf and a cruel smile crossed his face. Nothing was said though he knew Jacob and Oscar were holding their mates tight. This was going to be ugly since he knew Brook's temper; it was slow to heat, but when aroused, usually it didn't bode well for the recipient. It was going to be interesting to see how long she strung this out. *Get the useless Pomeranian, Alpha. Maybe shave his tail naked as well?*

*Naw, that is too much work* Brook replied, *But I might use that in the future for a punishment... They get a naked tail till it grows back...*

The males were snarling in fury at the wolf who wouldn't take no for an answer. He threatened a she-wolf and that was not allowed. For the females, they wanted blood and satisfaction for the she-wolf who had been insulted and threatened.

Brook shifted to her Were, and snarled at his face, as she pulled him upright, "The ignoring a No is bad enough! We do not allow rapists; you are losing all that makes you male, and be sent home when you are healed, till then you will be treated as a rogue."

She took her time to give him a thorough beating, using him as an example; this was the first time they had someone try to force themselves on a pack member, and it definitely would be the last. He was desperate, as he didn't want to lose his manhood. They fought hard, knowing there was barely a chance of winning, and not having it done.

Slapping Daniel's head hard with a paw when she got bored, Brook knocked him out again. Healer McCoy came up with a razor and a scalpel.

"Good, this won't take long." Many males winced as the healer quickly and calmly shaved around the offender's male parts, before removing them. He had told many that the worst punishment was what was being given to this one; leaving them without the parts but alive. For the males that felt they were entitled to whatever female they wanted, it was worse than death. He healed the cuts, not wanting to have him bleed out.

Tessa couldn't help it, "Alpha, should we have them preserved and sent back with him? Present for his Alpha?" She was thinking back to David and Leon when she called that out.  This would have been a fitting punishment for them, too.

Fabian walked up with a bucket of ice water and dumped it over the poor wolf as Brook stepped up to Sara, the removed flesh in her hands.

When Daniel woke up he whimpered and curled up in a ball, shifting to human, "Why didn't you just kill me." He cried out, "I don't deserve this!"

Fabian knelt down and growled in the young wolf's face, "Yes you do, and whatever punishments we decide."

Many nodded that were around many were watching, and many males were shuddering as Brook and Sara shared the raw flesh, and ate it in front of the wolf, still in their were form; their wolves in control, and happily making a snack of the offending parts. Both of them wandered off, and were joined by Adam, and Ethan, Sara's brother and one of the pack's Enforcers.

Fabian shifted his hands, and used his claws to lightly lacerate the disgraced wolf's skin, growling out about how many issues he had with him, and how he disgraced the Academy. That this wolf would be returned in disgrace was without saying, and he was the worst offender he ever had. The removal of the offending parts made him want to cover his own, but was just and fitting.

Daniel was reduced to quiet whimpers by the time Fabian had finished with his punishment. When he stepped back, the guards moved in and took him to a cell. They couldn't send him home in that condition, as the humans would wonder. He would be given the time to heal, then shipped home.

The gathering had started to break up as the Alphas left, but many stayed till the offender was dragged away.

Fabian stalked off, following the scent to the Alpha's suite where they held a quivering Sara. He moved in and gave her a hug, "I am very sorry you had to deal with that. I am going to make sure I never have that again!" The last time that the Academy had an attempted rape, was while the last head was in power, and they had a similar punishment, although the female had administered much of the beating first.

Sara smiled ferally, "It was the fact he was knocked out that saved him from more. It's no fun beating on someone when they can't feel it!"

~~~~~

Adam shook his head from the memory, as the Alpha had come over as soon as Daniel had arrived home. When he had got the story, he had gone before the gathered pack and students and publicly apologised for his nephew, and that he was now Omega and would die as one, and would be personally making sure his pack was better educated. He would keep a close eye on the pack after that, making sure they didn't have that sort of issues again. It seemed the "Uncle Alpha didn't like his nephew's actions any more than Adam or Brook.

It showed that it wasn't always the pack that was at fault, just a single wolf that felt the rules didn't apply to them, and that they had protection to prevent any response.

*****

Keefe lead the other four into the meeting room. Once Keefe had talked to them, the others had shown that they were letting them out, when they could prove they were healthy and were not a danger to the pack. Once out, they had been moved to guest rooms, and provided with the pack's typical package of notes for Lone wolves that were granted visitor rights.

They would decide to join or not, as they wished. Some Weres just felt better alone. These five now knew that if they didn't attack and just let the patrol know they wanted to pass through, they would have finished their meal, then be escorted through the territory.

The other two had been given a proper send off and cremation, and while sad at the loss of their friends, they were happy to be able to say goodbye, and they were dealt with respect.

"So, you have made your choices?" Adam asked the wolves.

"I want to stay; this pack has a totally different feel than the one I was kicked out of." Keefe answered. It was also he had been shocked that Elise was still around, although she looked to be fading, he wanted to stay with what was left of his family.

The others looked shocked, "They all had shook their heads as Adam had answered. They all had refused to give names, but Adam wasn't going to hold that against them. Many of those that lived independently were a bit strange, and were suspicious of others. Some may have been registered as a dangerous rogue, when it was just to not let them find another home.

"We're going to head out on our own, in the morning. We were going to head south and wander for now." Said one that had a clear Russian accent. He may have come down from Russia through Alaska.

Adam nodded, "Then enjoy your last hours here. If you decide in the future, just don't fight the patrol and they will treat you as guests."

*****

Adam sighed a few months later. Brook had just come off her heat, and although he had just slept the night through for the first time in a week, he was feeling tired. It had been a busy heat, but all were sure to listen to someone saying "No", as they didn't want to be a repeat of the issue. Both he and Brook had done checks, and had many of the other more senior wolves keep their eyes out too.

Laying back, he smiled. The pack was running well, and they were settled down into where some days it was quiet. They finally could take a break and relax. His eyes popped open when he could smell a slight shift in the scent from Brook. Moving the blanket, and shifting his face to wolf as his wolf pushed forward, to smell better, he smelled down between his sleeping mate's legs.

He couldn't help it, but let out a very loud howl. The pack would know within moments the good news: Brook was pregnant. He shifted back to human, grinning as he curled back up with his mate.

Brook moaned, "Keep it down, I'm trying to sleep!" She complained, before realising what her wolf was saying to her. Then a smile graced her lips, and she pulled her mate and kissed him for a bit. Relaxing till it was time to get up. It had taken fifteen years after her parents met before she had been conceived, and they were still trying to give her a sibling.

Adam smiled and grabbed his wifi phone from the bedside table, dialing his sister.

"Hello?" came the groggy answer, on the third ring. Looking at the time, it was early still.

"Hi sis. You're going to be an aunt." Adam replied, starting to count.

There was a bit of a pause, "That's nice." She said, her brain still going slow. Brook was sitting up beside him and grinning, "Now let me get back—WHAT!" she exclaimed, her brain finally catching up with what he said, "You mean Brook is pregnant?" She sounded awake and could hear her Delta Mate, Ryan, waking up from her scream.

Brook started laughing behind him, as he answered, "Yes, she's pregnant. I'm needing to call mom."

"OK, and we'll be out there as soon as we can get leave here." Tara answered, before letting them go.

Smiling, Adam dialed his mother's number. She had moved out of her house and into one near Tara's in the Longview pack's compound. She wanted to be near her children, but with Adam leading a pack, and knew he was busy, she had settled in with her daughter. So far, she was helping care for the pups, but hadn't been turned, and seemed more like she was just planning on staying human. Adam had the feeling that she didn't want to be alone, as her husband she had felt was a soulmate, and better to find them in a next life; it would be sad when she passed, but she had a good life as a human.

"You realise how early it is!" came the grumbled answer when she answered it.

Adam smiled at his mate, "Well, I thought you would like to know Brook is pregnant." He replied falsely calm and mild.

"WHAT!" was the scream, almost like his sister's. Adam was glad he had pulled the handset from his ear, as that would have hurt.

Adam and Brook traded a glance and laughed. "Yup, we can smell and sense she's finally carrying!" Adam replied, letting out some pardonable pride. "Tara should be over soon, and she said you would be over as soon as they can find the time. We will have the guest rooms all ready for you."

Jess smiled and nodded when he said that, passing it onto Tessa, since she was in charge of the other two wings of the first floor, well, other that those that had their own Theta wolves. All of the Elders had one that cared for their suite, and together those dealt with the Elder's Lounge. The Senior Betas all had their own Teams, which included at least one Theta, so they dealt with their own spaces, leaving mostly just the unused rooms, and the guest rooms.

The unused rooms got a thorough cleaning once a month, and a dusting weekly. The guest rooms were cleaned as soon as they were emptied, and then weekly, with a check before the rooms were used to stock them with fresh towels, make sure the liquid soap and shampoo dispensers in the showers were full, and the bed was freshly made. The monthly deep cleaning was handled by others, with Tessa being their supervisor for making sure it was all done correctly. Others would help as they were needed, but with four Thetas in the Team, there was generally no need for others.

*****

When Tessa received the request she damn near hit the ceiling. She was so pleased she actually Squeeded enough to wake the others which was saying something. Chances were it was from her reaction over the bonds as the rooms were well-soundproofed, to give each privacy. She was bouncing in bed at the news.

Zane ended up staggering into their room and glowered at her, "What the heck was that? I was sleeping, as was Izzy." She followed him in and it was obvious both were still half asleep.

Tessa glanced at them and squeed again, "Brook is pregnant. I was just informed about it and to get some of the guest rooms cleaned up and ready. Adam's family is going to be here as soon as possible." She was almost glowing with happiness. This would give the pack an heir apparent which was always a good thing. For the moment, Tessa ignored the potential that Brook might miscarry. It was possible but she wasn't going to expect it. Usually Alphas took forever to conceive, but generally then were carried to term.

Others came into the room and at the news they started howling in pleasure. The two had been mated for almost a decade and it was time for them to have a pup.

Izzy stared at Tessa before she started smiling, "Good for them. I am so pleased for them." It was nice Brook was pregnant but why the excitement, she wasn't sure. It was something to ask about later. She was about three months pregnant at the moment and it was showing. She had an obvious baby bump and had started wearing maternity clothing which made it even more obvious. By now she had come to terms with her pregnancy and was looking forward to seeing their children.

*****

The entire pack had grins... well other than Adam, who's wolf he was having to fight down for the protectiveness that had come over him; his mate was carrying his first pup. He sat down, and the others, with the exception of those they either had adopted, or considered their pups, wanted them to keep their distance. Those Wolf-Adam had no problem with being near their mate, as they were family.

After the Healer had confirmed that yes she was carrying, and it seemed viable, although at this point, he couldn't even tell if it was male or female. He placed a container of prenatal vitamins on the table, and Jess and Joshua listened closely to the instructions, they would make sure their mom took them.

Adam stood up, as the pack gathered, giving a joyful howl, "Let us rejoice! Brook is carrying our first pup!" The howl of the pack was very joyful. The kitchen brought out treats and it turned into a party. Few left, other than the students, who had classes. The students looked from happy to startled, with even some looking terrified. They quickly headed off, leaving just the pack.

Fabian leaned over, "Congratulations, and we'll cover your classes today." Before heading off for his own work. Adam and Brook helped with some of the weapons training, and some skills in the Alpha stream. Adam and Zane even did a short course for the students on Humans and Turning.

They stayed at the table, with Zane having moved to place himself as a guard for Brook, standing at her back, a clear smile on his face. Nearly a line of those of their pack came to tender their own personal greetings and congratulations, as Alpha's pups was good for the entire pack; it showed a strong and healthy pack.

Izzy had given Zane a hug before taking her normal place at the table. She knew trying to get him to sit down was going to be impossible. By now she was starting to understand wolves and what drove most of them. Then again, he was highly protective of her. As she was eating the cousin-wolf who had chosen her was eating next to her.

Elise was looking older and a bit strained, but had a big smile, that the pack was renewing, and having Alpha Pups.

*****

Lunchtime rolled around, and the party was still going strong. Maria and Gareth smiled as they came in, and gave both Alphas a good hug. "Congratulations!" Adam wasn't too surprised, as they would have felt the joy coming off him, and come running.

Adam grinned, but was hiding his nerves; he didn't know if he was ready to be a father. His wolf panted laughter, **Too late now!** he commented, amused.

Most wolves refused to do abortions, except where they knew they wouldn't live much past term or would have a nightmare in life of being afflicted with some sort of defect that even their healing couldn't fix. Those were extremely rare, as all four minds of both parents and the healer had to agree before it could be performed, although rarely did the healer object if both sides of both parents were in agreement.

The party lasted late into the evening. Zane hadn't spent much time, as others were wanting the honour as well, but it showed he cared. Brook was taking it in stride, knowing the senior males would take turns to guard her day and night till she whelped. Often the pup of the Alphas was the one that had the skills and abilities to become the next alpha, although with how young the alphas were, they might never actually become Alpha, and it may be their children that follow their grandparents to the leadership position, which is what had happened in MacLaren Pack.

A pack liked to have someone that could take over if something happened to the Alphas, even if it was never expected for them to actually take over, and the next generation would follow their grandparents pawprints.

*****

The next morning Adam groaned as Jess turned on the lights. "Why do we need to be up early?" he groaned, and curled up around Brook, protectively. Charlie had moved from his usual spot at his back, at his urging, and was curled up against Brook's stomach, providing some security for him.

Brook had actually growled at him when he suggested they see if there was a wolfdog for her! He was trying to not hover protectively, but it was much harder than he thought! It was going to be a long few months.

Charlie, sensing this, had taken to following her around instead of Adam. He ignored her growls and stuck with her, providing some protection, and piece of mind for Adam.

Jess replied, "You have the Weapons Master arriving in an hour, just in time for breakfast, I got notification two hours ago that he had been picked up."

Adam and Brook got up and dressed, wearing some good clothes. As soon as Adam had seen the request for the Master Weaponsmith that requested to join, he didn't even bother asking anyone else, and replied with, "When do you want me to book your flight?" Brook had glared that he got to decide, but when she heard that it was Master Gunther Sien's apprentice, that wanted to make his own name, her jaw dropped. She had seen the sword Alpha Oscar had, and had always wanted to have one of his, but she had no where near the money that it would cost for it.

Author Note: There will be a bit of a delay for the next chapter, as @MaxD01 has to slip several chapters of The Will of the Goddess into the window. It explains Izzy and how she came to be at the pack... That story parallels this one, and I recommend you be reading both, if you aren't already!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 47.8K 44
Maia, 19 years old, is a average she-wolf or so she thought. Bright and tough, she's ready to take on anything thrown her way. Austin, 22 years old...
51.9K 1.1K 27
This is gonna be a long ride come join stiles and the pack !!!
21.8K 1K 8
Werewolves live in Miami, the Jauregui Pack. Someone hates them, so they use magic to change the pack's alpha, Lauren Jauregui, into a puppy. Now the...
195K 4.8K 24
Meet Sophia Mason. A typical 16 year old girl. Her and her mom just moved to Tampa, Florida, from Traverse City, Michigan. Meet Carson Sawyer. He's...