MOONDUST ( PETER QUILL ) ¹ ✓

By -voidlegends

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓 # 🛰🎧🌏 -', ༄ ❪ 𝙿𝙴𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚀𝚄𝙸𝙻𝙻 ❫ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵... More

𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓
o. ❪ mixtape ❫
o. ❪ trailer ❫
EPIGRAPH ▬▬▬ moondust
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
EPILOGUE
POST-CREDIT SCENE

SIXTEEN

6.2K 273 122
By -voidlegends

· 。゚☆: *.
MOONDUST
»»————- gogt vol one. the guardians
CHAPTER SIXTEEN ━━ guardians of the galaxy

. ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🪐🚀🔥
♯ ❝DANCE OFF! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

    "BEHOLD! YOUR GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY." RONAN bellowed mockingly, spreading his arms as he motioned to the group of beaten down beings who looked anything but the saviours Xandar needed right now. Their bruised faces, dirtied clothes and defeated faces didn't really give a good impression of their intended heroism. But despite that, they all stood with their faces held high, ready to face their fate, whatever it may be.

    "What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand."  Ronan rose his glowing gammer high above his head, his voice booming over the area.

    Midas clenched her jaw, a frown on her face as The Accuser started to chant spell in a foreign language that the brunette couldn't comprehend. 

    "Ooh, child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh, child, things'll get brighter," Peter interrupted the chant and spontaneouly started to sing, his actions so unexpected that Ronan, in complete confusion actually lowered the weapon and turned his attention towards Peter.

    "Listen to these words. Ooh, child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh, child, things'll get brighter." His singing was the only sound in the clearing, as everyone focused on his peculiar actions as the man even began to add a subtle dance.

    Midas, however, couldn't help the faint grin spreading across her face as she watched him while everyone else was growing more confused by the second.

    "Now bring it down hard!" Peter continued to mutter the song lyrics, belting his heart out, completely lost in his own world. 

    "What are you doing?" Ronan questioned and the genuis curiousity in his words surprised Midas. For some sort of evil mastermind, Ronan seemed a bit daft right now. 

    "Dance-off, bro. Me and you."  Peter shouted and he started to move his body in the oddest fashion, extending an arm towards her his smile broadened. "Midas!" Quill pointed at her, implying for her to join him but she tensed up as Ronan's attention shifted to her.

    "No way this is your thing! Keep me out of it!" She shook her head.

    "Subtle. Take it back." 

     "What are you doing?" Ronan yelled frustrated by the terran man, daring to interrupt his moment of glory.

    "I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom." 

There was a shift in the air as everyone's attention turned to Drax and Rocket whom had taken the opportunity of Peter's distraction to revive the Hadron Enforcer that was damaged during the crash.

    Midas watched victoriously as Drax cocked the gun, aiming it at Ronan while Rocket held to charged wires— connected to the weapon, a smirk plasted on his face before letting them come in contact with each other.

    From both ends of the wires, electricity surged, before releasing an enermous blast of energy towards Ronan. The force that the blast released once it hit the hammer flung everyone backwards as the hammer bursted into million of small pieces, releasing the purple gem in the air.

    Peter— quick to regain his senses, leaped through the air, both his and Ronan's arms outstreched to the stone that was just mere seconds away from completely wrecking the planet.

    "No!" Midas cried out in fear, watching as Peter's fingertips wrapped around the purple gem, enclosing the stone in his hand as he crashed to the ground with a loud thud.

    As the stone made contact with Peter's skin, a powerful blast had sent everyone flying to the ground while Peter remained on the ground, screaming in agony as he started to shake uncontrolabbly. His screams pulling at Midas' heartstrings as her eyes glazed over.

    A strong wind started to pick up around them as a large cloud of purple surrounded them, dust and ash rising up again, making it hard to breath before a blinding purple light circled them.

    Midas could hardly move a muscle as the strong wind pressed her body forcefully to the dirty ground, purple flecks and ash blinding her vision. But Peter's screams of pain egged her on to push past her limits. Slowly, with much effort, she managed to lean on her elbows, rising her head against the wind that pushed her hair in all kinds of directions before she gritted her teeth and managed to push herself to her feet after multiple attempts.

    Her head was spinning, the whirlwind of purple clouds was still trying to push her back as loud explosions went off all around them and the brunette spotted Ronan laughing wickedly as Peter's body slowly started to disintergrate, his eyes turning a violent purple from the power that was coursing through his body.

    Midas marched on pure determination to safe peter from impending doom and as she approached the man she extended her arm towards him, using every ounch of strenght she had left inside her. "Peter! Take my hand!" She pleaded desperately. "Peter!"

    He turned to look for her, but he did not seem to notice her, it was like he was staring right through her. Unbeknowst to her, Peter was faced with the horrible memory of his mother, consumed by an illness, laying in a hospital bed, her pale hand reaching towards her son. "Take my hand, Peter," she had whispered. 

    "Mom," Peter choked out in a near sob, tears gathering in his eyes.

    "Take my hand!" Midas screamed at the top of her lungs again, but he was entranced by the sight of his desceased mother as he reached for her frail hand like he should have done many years ago.

    His hand found Midas', shooting bolts of energy and pain into her body as her breath hitched in her throat. Undescribable pain surging through her body as her skin, too, began to crack, purple light slipping through the gabs and her brown eyes turned a neon purple and her body started to shake as she shared the pain with Peter.

    At the sight of Midas and Peter, Ronan's sinister smile morphed into one of bewilderment and fear as he watched the others use all that was left of their strenght to face the pain with their friends

    With gritted teeth, Gamora clasped her hand in Midas' her eyes widenening as the pain flooded her senses.

    Then, Drax firmly grabbed Quill shoulder before lastly, Rocket reached up to hold one of Drax' fingers. The group of five standing proud in the whirlwind of purple winds and while the sheer power of the stone should have destroyed them, by some sort of miracle they were able to share the burdon and survive as purple light emitted from their bodies.

     "You're mortal! How?" Ronan bellowed in utter disbelief as the violet hues around them began to grow even brighter than before and this time they all smirked

    "You said it yourself, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy." 

    The Accuser let out an animalistic growl, eyes narrowing as he readied himself to attack the group but the man didn't get a chance to move when Peter opened his palm— the same one he held the stone in.

    The purple energy was released, sending a forceful blast at the man that completely obliterated him from existece.

    Before anything else could occur and destroy the planet, Gamora quickly pulled the metal sphere that everyone was given an used to contain the stone.

   She slammed it down onto Peter's hand, and all of the energy around them diminished gradually as everyone let out breathes of relief.

   Any trace of purple energy disappeared from view, the energy leaving their bodies as they slouched slightly, breathing heavily, leaving the Guardians even more disheveled than before.

Midas struggled to regain her breath as she leaned forward slightly.

Peter was smiling at the sphere in his hand like he was still trying to comprehend what just took place before his gaze flickered to Midas who was still standing beside him. Her face was all bruised up, small cuts scattered across her exhausted face, but her eyes, they glimmered so brightly and he couldn't look away anymore.

The brunette had yet to notice his instense stare, but when she turned around to face him. Peter was already in front of her.

In a swift motion his hand reached the back of her neck and he closed the gap between them and their lips met.

Midas was so suprised, she didn't even have time to kiss him back when a loud booming voice interrupted their moment together.

     "Well, well, well."  The voice of Yondu was like nails on a chalkboard interrupting their moment of victory.

"Quite the light show." The blue man continued as he approached the group and chuckled. "Ain't this sweet? But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts." 

"Peter you can't. Peter," Gamora pleaded gravely as she came to stand beside Midas, still clutching at her aching abdomen.

Peter gripped the sphere tight, placing it behind his back as he tried to stall and come up with a plan.  "You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps." 

Meanwhile, Midas discreetly moved her hands behind her back and no one noticed as Yondu's sole focus was on Peter. She worked swiftly, grabbing her own sphere from her backpocket and reached for something else in her pocket and placed it inside.

Midas' eyes remained focused on Yondu as she switched the spheres, and for a momemt she noticed Quill tense but he easily caught onto the plan

"I may be as pretty as an angel, but I sure as hell ain't one," Yondu replied with a grin, moving a part of his jacket out of the way to reveal his glowing arrow.

He held out his palm. "Hand it over, son." , Peter glanced at the other who still had no clue about Midas' fast switch work before placing the device in Yondu's hand.

Yondu grinned holding up the orb before he beckoned for his Ravagers to exit and board their ship. 

"Yondu," Peter called out after a pregnant pause as the ravager turned to leave. "Do not open that orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people." 

Yondu only smirked not given the answer like Peter would have wanted as they all moved away and into the ship.

Once the Ravager ship had disappeared out of their sight, leaving the group in silence he decided to speak up, especially when he noticed Gamora's crestfallen face at the lost of the stone. "He is gonna be so pissed when he realises we switched out the orb on him." 

Everyone eyed him confused until Midas produced the real orb with the stone inside of it.

"What did you even put inside that thing?" Peter asked curiously as he turned to face Midas.

"I may or may not have stolen one of his troll figures earlier on the ship, it reminded me of earth." She shrugged. "I decided to return it."

"Really... you stole one? How, he keeps those things in his sight almost all the time."

"Fastest fingers in the galaxy." She wiggled her fingers.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 799 42
"𝙉𝙚𝙮𝙯𝙞𝙧𝙖. 𝘼 𝙝𝙮𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙 𝙇𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙈𝙤𝙡𝙯𝙪𝙧𝙖, 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙪𝙥𝙩, 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨...
15.2K 343 14
It has been a few months since Ronan's defeat, everything was going good for the guardians. Until Iris's furry boyfriend Rocket, stole the Sovereign'...
1.9K 71 15
Y/N Lewis never had a normal childhood, getting exposed to a cosmic experiment led by her parents that killed them once and for all except for her. B...
6.6K 176 24
"but it's more complicated than that." • { disclaimer : I do not own the marvel franchise, the characters, movie/comic/novel plot lines, or rights to...