Another adopted by Hamilton s...

By gm_stories

When you're ten years old and only known a world of sadness, you think you are the scum of the earth and the... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty- four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Is it over?

Forty-five

121 2 0
By gm_stories

"Morning, Ni." Lin says, opening the curtain.

"Morning." He lays next to me on the twin sized cot.

"You don't have to do school work, yet." I tell her.

"I missed a bunch."

"You were far ahead before. You completed the year early. You don't even have to do this stuff till September."

"Let me finish this." I watch her easily complete a match game with history terms and then she logs out and closes it. I slide the old computer under her cot.

"How are you?" She shrugs.

"Fine, I guess."

"Then why are you doing schoolwork at 6:30 in the morning." I laugh.

"I couldn't sleep. Why are you up?"

"Same thing. I don't think I will until I know just what happened to you."

"I don't know how much I can say, yet."

"You wanna try. You might feel better?" She nods and starts braiding a piece of hair. "How did you get taken?"

"I was a little delusional, I guess. I couldn't remember the day and I went to see if Anna was here because I didn't want to leave her out there if I had the wrong day and Liam took me."

"Did you struggle?"

"Sort of. But I passed out and woke up in a tiny room. No one came until it was dark."

"Why did they come in." She braids the piece of hair for a moment.

"Sex. It's all but labor that I was there for. Like before but worse."

"Did you fight?" She shakes her head.

"Not really. I- learned more, I guess you could say."

"What exactly does that mean?"

"The better I got at it, the more I could go outside or eat and the less I was beat." She avoids looking at me.

"Do you want to talk to Pippa about this? It might be easier." She nods, looking relieved but a little scared that she has to tell Pippa now.

"What do you want for breakfast." She looks up at me with a smile.

"I missed that word."

"We have cereal, fruit, oatmeal, bagels, and eggs."

"Fruit and cereal?"

"Sounds good." I stand up and hand her crutches to her. She follows me out and cuts up the fruit while I put the cereal, milk and bowls out.

"Morning." Vanessa comes out ready for work. "I was wondering where you were."

"Up with the sun with this one." I ruffle her hair as we sit down. V and I talk but Niamh is quiet. I don't blame her after that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.8K 34
"You made me hate myself more than I already did." In which a Carribean boy is orphaned and bullied by the one person who could make his heart melt i...
48.1K 768 28
Just your casual Lin Manuel Miranda and Phillipa Soo one shots.... No regrets.
15.7K 394 23
"And you know damn well, for you I would ruin myself, a million little times..." When you pictured moving to New York City, an apartment in Washingto...
1.8K 49 11
Don't you love the coziness that Christmas can bring? It can bring two strangers together. Character rights to Lin Manuel Miranda. Hamilton: an Ameri...