The Infinite White

By Hayley_JayD

*Edited Lily was scorned by her Mate, after returning home to her family and the troubles she thought she lef... More

Authors Note
Chp. 1 - My Mate's Alternative
Chp. 2 - Last Straw (Edited)
AUTHORS NOTE
Chp. 3 - Senior Year
Chp. 4 - Missing You
Chp. 5 - Different States of Emotion
Chp. 6 - The Confrontation
Chp. 7 - I forgive, But won't forget
Chp. 8 - Lose Control
Chp. 9 - Accepting
Chp. 10 - Love Triangle
Chp. 11 - The Hunters
Chp. 12 - Clearing the air
Chapter 13 - Vulnus
Chp. 14 - Unexpected Arrival
Chp. 15 - Broken Dance
Chp. 16 - The Mighty Have Fallen
ATTENTION READERS!
Chp. 17 - Awaken
Chp. 19 - The Warrior Inside
Chp. 20 - Moves and Counter Moves
Chapter 21 - Trust Me
Chapter 22 - The Mystery of Julian
Hey Guys!
Chapter 23 - Memorial Hill
Chapter 24 - Little Wolf
Chapter 25 - Two Steps Behind
Chapter 26 - Infinite White
Chapter 27 - Delta
Chapter 28 - The Clearing
Chapter 29 - The Escape
Chapter 30 - Broken and Bruised
Chapter 31 - Revelation
Chapter 32 - The Birds, The Bugs & The Breeze
Chapter 32 - The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Chapter 33 - Ascension
Chapter 34 - Pledge Allegiance
Chapter 35 - Peace Treaty
Chapter 36 - Seek the Truth
Chapter 37 - Gag Order
Chapter 38 - From the light of Today to my death Tomorrow
Chapter 39 - The Head and the Heart
Chapter 40 - No-Mans-Land
Chapter 41 - Decisions
Chapter 42 - Change Fate
Chapter 43 - Painless
Chapter 44 - Howls on the Wind
Chapter 45 - Truth at a funeral
Chapter 46 - I Chose You
Chapter 47 - Silver Eyes

Chp. 18 - My Turn

9.2K 260 9
By Hayley_JayD

POV Amber

The concrete floor was hard and cold and I've been sleeping on it for two nights. My red dress from the ball was all dirty and tattered. Not even convicts slept in these conditions, but with the hate the hunters had for us I guess it was to be expected. My heart ached for Cole, that is how I knew it what we had was real, he was my soul mate and even though my wolf had disappeared I could still feel it. A pain in my chest rose when I thought about Cole, about what he might be doing, would he be looking for me? Was this how Lily felt when she was seperated from Holden? Probably worse being as I am the one who drove them apart. 
They hadn't hurt me, yet. But their promise was still etched into my mind, they were going to kill me because Lily killed three of theirs. I didn't want to die, I wanted to live my life with Cole in his pack far away from all of the war and the killing. 

My human ears picked up footsteps a several feet away, my cell was tiny with a wooden door with only a small section to see out of. Almost medieval. 

"Little Wolf" the man called in sing song voice, my heart picked up speed and I wanted so desperately for Her to wake up, to help me, but that serum they gave me put her to sleep. 
"Here Little Wolf" I knew they put on that voice to scare me and even though it scared the hell out of me I wasn't going to let him know that, I needed to be strong like Lily, she wasn't going to be leader of the Defence Line because she tucked tailed and run and I am not going to let these hunters know their effect on my heart beat. 

The footsteps stopped and I knew he was outside my door, 

"Hey little wolf" his deep voice echoed throughout my cell, trying to contain my shaking I lift my eyes to start into his deep piercing blue ones, dancing with the joy of torment, I caught myself before I let my eyes portray my emotion. 

"The boss wants to see you" I wanted to throw up at the sight of his menacing smile, he wasn't that bad of a looker but his smell, his ego, his nature and the fact that he's sworn to spend his entire life to hunt my kind is kind of a turn off. 

I could barely stand, I was so weak, mentally and physically and it's a feeling I didn't like having, his smile grew wider as he unlocked the dungeon door. He was wearing a polo shirt and jeans, exactly what you would be expecting them to wear. Keeping eye contact was hard but I knew I had to, it was a fight for dominance and fight for power and I was not going to lose. 

He knelt and his face was inches from mine, they say looking into anothers eyes was like looking into their soul, you could be told anything from just a look, but he was telling me nothing, his eyes were as blank and lifeless as a corpse, he had no soul. 

"You are a sweet little thing aren't ya?" his hand raised to stroke the hair out of my face and I couldn't help the shake that now took over my body, I knew I was going to die, Hunters don't let my kind live, no matter how good we are. 

"Please" I whisper letting my strong facade drop,

"What?" he smiles, 

"Please don't do this" I beg, feeling the tears escape my eyes, my insides were clenched and my heart was racing I felt like I was going to die of fear. 

"I'm not going to do anything, not yet anyway" the air caught in my throat as I tried to keep my sobs at bay. "The Boss wants to show you something". 

Grabbing my arm he squeezed and squeezed until I cried in pain, he dragged me to my feet and forced me into the hall. The stone was cold against my bare feet, the skin tight from bruises and dirt, my face stained from my tears and I didn't even think about my hair. The hall reminded of the medieval dungeons at the bottom of castles, but instead of flaming torches there are UV lights, the floor and walls were made out of stones, and the doors were wooden with a single squared that had a bars on them as if we could squeeze our bodies out of them. 

He turned me down another hallway which was a more modern looking dungeon, instead of stones there was cement, and clear - i'm guessing - bullet proof glass that showed torture weapons along with a chair and steel table, it was the same for every cell for a while. 

I didn't hear the voices until we got to the cage, not bullet proof glass, just silver bars it looked kind of like an office. I didn't recognise the voices I didn't even get to see the people inside until the Hunter opened the bars and pushed me into the room. 

"Amber?" my heart almost broke, when I heard her call my name, looking up I see Lily tied to a chair, in a short blue dress, bandage on her thigh, scars spiralling up her legs which could have only been from silver wire. She looked terrible, she looked weak, she looked like me that must mean her wolf is gone too and we were both doomed. 

"Lily" I could feel the tears coming back to my eyes but I forced them down, Lily wasn't crying, even in her weak state she seemed strong, stronger than me and I need to be strong too. 

"Let her go" Lily yelled at a man I couldn't see, a man who was hidden behind a partition, I watched and waited for him to reveal himself. I heard whispers and realised there was another man there, talking to whoever was in charge. 

"Out of the question" I heard one man say before there was a yell and another Hunter was revealed, he was young, probably early twenties, dressed the same as the Hunter standing beside me. 

"Eric" The other one called and walked out from behind the partition. Mr Simmons. I mentally gasped, I knew he was a Hunter but didn't know he was the instegator. 

"He's my brother, she offered you a deal, a fair deal" Eric yelled at him and pointed his finger to Lily, 

"A Hunter in training and a werewolf are two completely different things" Mr Simmons yelled back, 

"Keith is not a thing he's my brother and your family how can you just abandon him like that?" 

"My sister for Keith, you can keep me" Lily spoke mild manneredly to Mr Simmons, 

"No" I yelled not really sure as to why I said it. Realising I was there Mr Simmons sighed and looked back at the Hunter named Eric. 

"We'll discuss this later" he muttered to Eric who didn't like it at all, storming out of the cage and his footsteps drifting off. 

Mr Simmons looked at me and nodded to the Hunter behind me who strapped my hands together with a zip tie and left. Barely able to keep myself standing I leant against the wall, 

"Now, Amber" he spoke my name with such malice I cringed, "We have some business to attend too" I swallowed hard as he started to walk around the room, stopping at Lily resting both his hands on her shoulders. 

"Because of your sister, I lost three family members and as the saying goes 'send one of ours to the hospital we'll send one of yours to the morgue' only you didn't send them to the morgue you didn't even send them back to us to be mourned, no, you buried them in a graveyard that had no markings like the savage beasts you are". He was pissed and Lily was fighting back, she kept her eyes on me, she was in deep concentration, she looked like she was trying to communicate with me and she flashed me golden eyes. I tried to hide the surprise on my face and I think I did well enough for Mr Simmons not to pick up on it, she had her wolf back, I don't understand how but I'm grateful, so what is Lily waiting for?

"Well you know what they say about a dog being backed into a corner" Lily growled, a promise lurking in her tone. Mr Simmons raised his hand and striked her across the face and I pushed off of the wall only to stumble and fall. I wanted to help her to do anything but I couldn't,

"Family means everything to us, we were in a business together, been doing what we do for generations. I plan on avenging their deaths and since your sister is the one who kill them I think it's only fair to kill someone she loves, after all we made a promise and we keep our promises" Mr Simmons flashed a smile, he left Lily and started walking towards me, my heart so hard and fast I could feel it in my ears. 

"Leave her alone" Lily roared at him and he spun around to see Lily with golden eyes, her canines forming, he ran, running for probably his gun or a knife I didn't know but Lily burst out of binds and disappeared behind the partition. Next thing I saw was Mr Simmons unconscious body falling to the floor. Lily limped over to me and picked up off the ground, 

"You ok?" she asks scanning my body, 

"I'm fine" I reassure her, "How?" I ask, 

"Taylor helped" was all she said, showing me the keys she walked me to the caged door and opened it making sure not to touch bars. 

"Take a right" I told her remembering a little bit from when they brought me here, but my right led us straight to Eric who pulled his gun but did not pull the trigger. 

"Don't please" Lily begged, something I wasn't used to hearing from her, 

"Why not?" he asked, 

"Because I can get your brother back" I told him and he faultered, 

"How can I trust you?" he questioned a tone of suspicion, 

"You can't but know that I don't like hurting innocent people and that I want this war to end for both our kinds sake and I need to find out if what Steven said was true" I was confused, what had Steven said? Who is Steven?

Eric lowered his gun and looked Lily in the eye, 

"Ok I'm going to trust you but if you hurt my brother in anyway there will be no place you can hide that I won't find you" I knew Lily was undetered by Eric's threat but she nodded and pulled me passed Eric, 

"Lily" he called, and she stopped and looked back, 

"Take the next left and your nose should help you the rest of the way" she nodded in respect and appreciation and I had no idea why seeing as what they did to her. 

We went left and Lily followed her nose, but she stiffened and pushed me against the wall and hid in a space between walls leaving me in the open, I looked at her in disbelief as my tormentor rounded the corner. A quizzical look on his face that was soon replaced with a menacing smile, 

"Why hello little wolf, off on a stroll?" I rolled my eyes and as he approached me I was hoping Lily knew what she was doing. I pressed my back against the wall as the Hunter stood in front of me raising his hand it got inches from my face before Lily's arms was around his neck, I heard his gargling noise as he gasped for the air that Lily wasn't letting him have, he slammed her back against the wall and she lost her grip, he flipped her over his shoulder and she landed on the ground. He went to kick her back she blocked it and tripped him over, pouncing on top of him she balled her hand into a fist and struck at his head, knowing full well where to hit to knock him out and in one blow he was out like a light. 

Lily grabbed me and pulled my further down the hall until we came to a door and she opened it revealing the darkness of the night and the brightness of the moon, it wasn't a full moon but it would be in a couple of days. 

Pulling off into the bushes away from the compound that was hidden underground, Lily let me rest sitting me down on a rock she just stared at me like the most fragile thing on the planet and I hated it. 

"Lily I'm fi-" I didn't even get to finish before her arms were wrapped around me and pulling me closer, 

"I'm so sorry" she sobbed into my shoulder, I held her because it wasn't I who needed her she needed to me and for the first time in a long time, Lily was crying. 

*                                                                  *                                                              *

How'd you guys like it?

I'm so so so so so sorry for taking so long to update I'm such a slacker but to be honest I haven't really been inspired lately. 

How do you feel about Lily's emotional side? 

What about Eric, tell me your thoughts on him?

Don't forget to Vote and Comment

Hugs and Kisses xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 110 33
Finding her mate should have been an unmatched, captivating event for her. Her eyes locked on his figure for a short-lived second, and she lost him t...
7.5M 228K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...
58.8K 2.9K 33
Moving out of the city was not her idea. Moving to the middle of nowhere in a foreign country was definitely not her idea, and leaving everything she...
350 11 18
Rae's forced to move back to her mother's mysterious hometown when she fell ill. Little does Rae know, her destiny lies within the hands of the alpha.